Stereo Integrity's 18" HT subwoofer: Ready to Shake Things Up - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 01-20-2013, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

It depends. In my room I'm height limited more than width limited on the front wall so I'm already as big as I can go for 16:9. Also, I really don't think I'd want much bigger than my 124" size for 16:9. It's plenty tall from my 13.5 feet back lp.

Also I love the fact that when its movie time my screen goes to 158", its really impressive. I use my screen for everyday tv watching and I think it would suck to have movies be smaller than sportscenter.

Your space is incredible man!

Where were you planning on putting those SI's again?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 01-20-2013, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Your space is incredible man!

Where were you planning on putting those SI's again?

Thanks, love your room too. I'm not sure, I'm going to experiment. I could end up with 4 stacked in each corner, 3 in each corner and 1 on each side wall 2/3 back in the room to the left and right of my LP, or I might try 2 in each corner, 4 under the screen...

That's why I want 8 boxes, I want to see what works best. If I had to bet I'd say I'll end up with 4 stacked in each corner.
post #33 of 36 Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Thanks, love your room too. I'm not sure, I'm going to experiment. I could end up with 4 stacked in each corner, 3 in each corner and 1 on each side wall 2/3 back in the room to the left and right of my LP, or I might try 2 in each corner, 4 under the screen...

That's why I want 8 boxes, I want to see what works best. If I had to bet I'd say I'll end up with 4 stacked in each corner.

Sounds like a plan...

Love how your Noesis are lit up in that pic. Those might be my next upgrade, depending on if the SEOS offerings can (somewhat) hang with the Noesis at the April GTG. The DIY bug has bit, but there is no doubt the Noesis are on another level...

post #34 of 36 Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Turns out about 85% of the content I watch is 16:9. It's a bit irritating having my auto lens shift shrink the screen down to fit my scope screen when I have people over to watch the fights or football.
Yeah, this. Not every movie is 2.35:1. I remember I was beyond excited to watch Avengers at home... It was just a huge let down when it was 16:9.

Also, everyonce in a while a movie like Tron comes along with it's (almost near) constant aspect ratio shifting through the entire movie. If I would have had a 16:9 screen, when the scenes shifted from 16:9 to 2.35:1, I would have barely noticed the black bars on the top and bottom of my screen. Where as, with a CIH screen and auto lens shift, my projector (Panny AE7000) was constantly zooming in and out to accomodate the aspect ratios.
Thanks bro! It's a 130" screen, but I believe it shrinks down to about 106" when watching 16:9 content. I believe I could have bought a 136" 16:9 and still have about the same size for 2.35:1 content.

Don't get me wrong. It's a real crowd pleaser when we pop in a 2.35:1 movie and it totally fills the screen. I love it... But, I personally think having bars on the top&bottom vs on the sides is less intrusive to the experience.

No masking panels at the moment, but I do have some plans to fabricate some in the near future. Hopefully it will help.
That is the goal. In my opinion, that's really all that us bassheads can ever truly ask for, ya know?

If Folded Space is incorporated into BD's then you might just be happy that you have a scope screen: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1412547/could-this-be-it-folded-space-enhanced-resolution

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

post #35 of 36 Old 01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 279

I would rather have four 13 inch subs for music that will be much smoother :)

post #36 of 36 Old 01-22-2013, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked: 1706
13 inches - any reason that's better than either 12" or 15" or are you saying that you like the drivers from companies who make product that size, such as JL Audio and Focal? I use four 12" subs. I've followed the debate on driver size and I am hard-pressed to find a significant correlation between driver diameter and musicality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

I would rather have four 13 inch subs for music that will be much smoother smile.gif

Find out more about Mark Henninger at www.imagicdigital.com
Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page