JBL 'M2' Master Reference Monitor - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 93 Old 08-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Even if I had all the money in the world, I wouldn't get M2s for surround speakers. Talk about overkill.

On this basis of this thread, I've ordered some JBL LSR308s with a pair of Art CleanBox Pro to convert from RCA to XLR. Hope they sound clean!

This way I can use an Oppo BD player as a prepro. Eventually I'll add some 305s to my rear channels and maybe even for heights in an Atmos setup, unless I can get something more convenient. Seems kind of risky to have powered speakers /w amps mounted overhead on the ceiling. What if they fall! Eeeek. Might be smarter to get some passive concentric drivers for those channels. Does JBL make ceiling speakers like that?

Thanks for the tips, I'm really looking forward to owning some horn speakers with a nice and wide sound field. I used to have Klipsch THX 650s but they were too large for my apt and I had amp issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 93 Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz... View Post
Any more thoughts on the 305's would be most welcome!
I have the 305s, 2310P sub, and MSC1 controller as my desktop monitors in a room with acoustic treatment. Excellent imaging, clarity, and easy to listen to for long periods of time. I've been an audiophile since the 60s and this setup is the best bang for my buck yet. I've heard the M2s..WOW!
post #93 of 93 Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I love reading these impressions - keep them coming!

For those of you who haven't done so already, a must see is this podcast by Scott Wilkinson on the M2:

New JBL Speaker Technologies

One of the guys he talks to worked on elements of the M2 and there is over an hour of great M2 info.
Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page