Comcast buys out G.E. stake in NBC Universal for $16.7 billion - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-12-2013, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 1614
Comcast is the undisputed heavyweight of cable companies. In 2011 they exercised their muscle to purchase a majority share in NBC Universal. Today Comcast announced their intention to purchase the remaining 49% of NBC Universal from General Electric for 16.7 billion dollars. Comcast will become the sole owner of the entertainment conglomerate, including NBC's 30 Rockefeller Plaza property in Manhattan. It sounds great for Comcast investors but I'm just a customer. I'm left wondering if there is any potential benefit to the end user, having Comcast be such a one-stop shop. On the other hand as a Philly resident I gotta say 'Yo! Way to go Comcast".
Quote:
First, it announced today that it's buying the 49 percent of NBCUniversal that it didn't already own from General Electric in a deal worth about $16.7 billion, plus 30 Rockefeller Plaza and CNBC's New Jersey headquarters for an additional $1.4 billion. That's an acceleration of the original schedule, which gave Comcast the option to expand its ownership starting in 2014. source:engadget
Quote:
"Never a dull moment," one Comcast executive wryly observed Tuesday. - source: philly.com
Quote:
"Our decision to acquire GE's ownership is driven by our sense of optimism for the future prospects of NBCUniversal and our desire to capture future value that we hope to create for our shareholders," said Brian L. Roberts, Comcast's CEO. souce: theverge

Find out more about Mark Henninger at www.imagicdigital.com
Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page