Samsung's New 'HomeSync' To Compete With Apple TV - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 03-08-2013, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Well to be more precise my goal is to be able to stream music from any service that might pop up *without using my TV*. So the goal is not to use app on my TV as the Android box will be connected to my receiver. If I can operate it "headless", it would be *great*, but that requires a well-thought remote app solution (i.e. which displays enough information to control the app without using the TV itself).

What I really want is to be able to launch, say, SlackerRadio without having to physically connect my tablet to my receiver, but using my expensive home theater. I guess I could upgrade my receiver to one that support AirPlay or the equivalent Android tech but an Android box would allow the same for less money, and a nice way to run XBMC to boot. Note that XBMC can mount a blu-ray ISO and show you the menu if it's ripped on a hard drive somewhere on your network, by the way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 03-28-2013, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Anybody know when it'll be available? Sometime in April is all I can find, nothing on Samsung's site. I'm hyped for this, can't wait to get my hands on it smile.gif
post #33 of 34 Old 06-04-2013, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ouch $498 in singapore wonder what it will be in US.http://asia.cnet.com/samsung-homesync-to-retail-for-s498-62221524.htm
post #34 of 34 Old 06-28-2014, 06:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have two that I purchased on the "sizzle". So far they are pretty useless since I can't install most apps from the playstore. I know about sideloading and such, but this device should work and it should work well without work-arounds. Does anyone know if Samsung plans to support this thing properly?
Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page