Panasonic VT60: New Reference for Image Quality & Black Levels - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 64 Old 05-13-2013, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
All I have to say is it's a sad day for Plasma manufactures when they can't even best (or barely best) a 6 year old Kuro. Especially shame on you Panasonic who made the Kuro and holds all its patents. At least Panasonic just recently started to wake up about the aesthetics of their TV's. My friend used to call Panasonic the Big 3, because you could always count on them making their TV's 3" thick with a 3" bezel. Really pathetic that Samsung and LG had to force Panasonic into making more attractive Plasma's.

iMagic- Totally agree Samsung F8500 is a game changer. Saw it against VT50's, VT60's side by side and it blew them away on Brightness, color, depth and range of color. In a dark scene with dark wood cabinets in the background the Panasonics showed all Black, while the Samsung still showed the different shade of the cobinets. Will I buy the F8500? Probably not, because it still has the well documented "Tic" of Samsung plasmas. When you go from a dark scene to one where their is some white, the Samsung will Hiccup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 05-14-2013, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangjim1 View Post

All I have to say is it's a sad day for Plasma manufactures when they can't even best (or barely best) a 6 year old Kuro. Especially shame on you Panasonic who made the Kuro and holds all its patents. At least Panasonic just recently started to wake up about the aesthetics of their TV's. My friend used to call Panasonic the Big 3, because you could always count on them making their TV's 3" thick with a 3" bezel. Really pathetic that Samsung and LG had to force Panasonic into making more attractive Plasma's.

iMagic- Totally agree Samsung F8500 is a game changer. Saw it against VT50's, VT60's side by side and it blew them away on Brightness, color, depth and range of color. In a dark scene with dark wood cabinets in the background the Panasonics showed all Black, while the Samsung still showed the different shade of the cobinets. Will I buy the F8500? Probably not, because it still has the well documented "Tic" of Samsung plasmas. When you go from a dark scene to one where their is some white, the Samsung will Hiccup.

Panasonic ST/VT/ZT60 cool.gifbiggrin.gif

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
post #63 of 64 Old 05-26-2013, 02:47 PM

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatuglyguy View Post

Then suck it up and buy a ZT60. The ZT doesn't have a camera and will have even higher end video!
imo what i got from shoot out vt60 and zt60 same PQ its the filter for lighter rooms same PQ on both and on cal sheets except vt 35 fl versus zt 30fl.....so i went vt60 saved money..

64f8500
oppo bdp-103
Denon avr 1803
Energy speakers
Energy sub
Dual recliner lazyboy
xbox 360
post #64 of 64 Old 06-17-2013, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangjim1 View Post

Totally agree with the Pnycar man here... Out of curiousity I did the sidebyside thing in a fairly light controlled environment. The F8500 smashed the Panny's all over the place in every category that I would care about and base a buying decision on.

No, I'm not buying one but if I was going plasma, i'd risk the inherent sammy ticks and get this one with a warranty.

Design wise; yea, its about time Panny went P96 diet on their looks and are now at least in the ball park.

IMHO, shame on them for not crushing Kuro standards eons ago....

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

Reply Latest Industry News

Tags
Panasonic Tc P60vt60 60 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Tc P55vt60 55 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page