LG LA9700 55" & 65" UHDTVs Now Available for Purchase - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 67 Old 07-25-2013, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Ever wonder why people bother telling you some new tech is useless, for you?

Hey, I can see it, I like it. I can afford it. I'm happy.
Who cares what theory says, or what someone on a website says.

Besides, maybe I want to sit 3 feet away from the screen and not see pixels. You would be amazed how immersive it is, like your own private imax smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 07-26-2013, 04:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 328
True, hence I said "from my personal experience". Hey, some people buy 1080p 19" LCD TV and watch it from 6 ft away. smile.gif

After all, it's called entertainment. As long as the purchaser is entertained, that's all that matter!
choppedliver likes this.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

post #63 of 67 Old 07-26-2013, 08:54 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedliver View Post

Ever wonder why people bother telling you some new tech is useless, for you?

Hey, I can see it, I like it. I can afford it. I'm happy.
Who cares what theory says, or what someone on a website says.

Besides, maybe I want to sit 3 feet away from the screen and not see pixels. You would be amazed how immersive it is, like your own private imax smile.gif

I apologize, I shouldn't have used the word useless which does give that impression I was referring to you directly. My brain and what comes out of my fingers aren't always the same. I'm just saying we all have different perceptions and want things for different reasons.

My brother hates watching movies with the 240hz motion thingamajiggy turned on, the "soap opera" thing people talk about. He says it just looks too real. I like it for that reason. He wants it to look "like a movie". Nothing has changed, other than more frames have been generated and inserted. ( please don't pick this statement apart, it's not the point really ). I would bet there is some similar "it looks different but I can't tell why but I like it/ hate it" effect of watching a 4k picture on a smallish 55-60screen, which scientifically perhaps the eyes shouldn't be able to tell a difference, but maybe the brain can tell something is different. Just a guess. Or maybe the placebo effect is in effect, either way, you like it, you want it, you can afford it, get it. Looking forward to the tech filtering down to mere mortal levels so I can find out!
post #64 of 67 Old 08-04-2013, 10:30 AM

Liked: 14
I'll never buy another LG product again, Their software engineers are clueless they couldn't even get a LG logo light to work correctly with their lame firmware , months later the final solution was to just turn it off....Being a engineer myself I cant understand how a major consumer electronics company couldn't even enable a light to work, it's a true testimony to their engineering incompetence.It's sorry and sad that a consumer who paid 3000.00 for a top model product received a inferior product with a small problem that caused so much trouble for a engineering team they couldn't even figure out how to turn off a light but they brand their products to be innovative and cutting edge..confused.gifeek.gif
post #65 of 67 Old 09-27-2013, 03:43 PM

Liked: 21
The lg65 and lg55la9700 will be 2.0 upgradable and as of now are the only FALD set on the market and one of the few that still have passive for 4k, so For 500 more than any other set it might be the right choice....Hmmmmm too many choices lol
post #66 of 67 Old 10-03-2013, 05:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 432
So these hit the street last week, any owners out there ? Looks like they are coming to market at a fair price, far lower than first thought. Looks to be a solid unit anyway.........
post #67 of 67 Old 12-05-2013, 10:41 PM

Liked: 16
Hello I'm new to the thread but I have been looking I to purchasing a tv and I went with the lg 659700 I had a demo done running the lg and sony x900 side by side running the same 4k content and the lg blew the sony away ...even my girl noticed the PQ RIGHT AWAY let's face it women know nothing nor care also the PC Richardson employees even agrees hands down which was better .... Samsung PQ was better then sony also and even though I couldn't compare the samsung it had good picture just some off axis viewing and the active 3D didn't interest me...but the lg new panel I noticed no of axis viewing ... Both sony and Samsung panels was to reflective and that was another reason I liked the lg it has a matte finish but the colors popped more then the sony shiny reflective screen.. I have a well lit room so the lg won another contender is the panasonic because it has hdmi 2.0 out the box and display port But they are having some serious banding problems it's in all the forums it's happening all over the world ... So I had this voice in the back of my mind saying ....""you don't even like LG products " it's not that I'm bias but they never seem premium enough for my taste but this set is not only a good look and great sound but that FALD Really stood out when side by side with the sony ... And the setting was on vivid !!! Which is not the best setting... My only concern with this set is no hdmi 2.0 and lg said they will address this issue for early adopters of the technology my guess is at CES ... So I listed what made this tv a better choice then the others not to mention there are several good reviews on the tv if you don't take price into consideration. But When it comes to new tech unfortunately you have to pay ... Tom my 9700 will arrive and I will let you know how it goes after some mediocre calibrations....I will post results with HD pics on official lg-9700 owners thread stay tuned!!
Reply Latest Industry News

Tags
Lg Electronics 65la9700 65 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 240hz 3d Smart Led Tv , Lg Electronics 55la9700 55 Inch 4k Ultra Hd 240hz 3d Smart Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page