Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Either way. Looks painful.

Talk about pain, man are you sure you have enough subs? biggrin.gif

Seriously, your avatar looks “formidable”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 79 Old 09-27-2013, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

Bill, the SPL from your DR280's seems to be crippling that one person in the middle of the stage. Or is he suffering from some other ailment.Either way. Looks painful.

+1, actually for me it was painful to see a guy in a speedo on stage among all the beautiful gals

Sent from my 32GB iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Mike R,P.E. clickable DIY hot links:

post #63 of 79 Old 09-27-2013, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post

Talk about pain, man are you sure you have enough subs? biggrin.gif

Seriously, your avatar looks “formidable”

All show. Barely on the level of this beast...and the Magico...I'm not even worthy.

It tickles my itch for the modest investment I've got tied up into it.

wink.gif

post #64 of 79 Old 09-27-2013, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post

actually for me it was painful to see a guy in a speedo on stage among all the beautiful gals
What guy? biggrin.gif

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #65 of 79 Old 09-28-2013, 06:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Anyone see this demo of the speakers? I think they used the Datasat as the processor..

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #66 of 79 Old 09-28-2013, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 55
^^^^

I saw it yesterday. Will sit through again today. They had two of the new 24" subs with three of the LCR that has the 15" with sides that had the 12" and back that had two 6". It was impressive. The bass could have easily been bloated but it was tight with a balanced punch to it. They tend to pair their speakers with all their amps. And most need to be bi or tri amped. I wish there was more flexibility. A nice presentation but comes with a price tag.
post #67 of 79 Old 09-28-2013, 07:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post

^^^^

I saw it yesterday. Will sit through again today. They had two of the new 24" subs with three of the LCR that has the 15" with sides that had the 12" and back that had two 6". It was impressive. The bass could have easily been bloated but it was tight with a balanced punch to it. They tend to pair their speakers with all their amps. And most need to be bi or tri amped. I wish there was more flexibility. A nice presentation but comes with a price tag.

Thanks for reporting! What surround processor did they use?

I'm thinking of these speakers (12" up front and 6" for surround) for my room. Thanks for the report on them. I know they are big on dynamics!

I'm afraid to ask, but what is the MSRP on the new 24" subwoofer?

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #68 of 79 Old 09-28-2013, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

I'm thinking of these speakers (12" up front and 6" for surround) for my room. Thanks for the report on them. I know they are big on dynamics!

+1

Shouldn't that have been announced at the show?

post #69 of 79 Old 09-28-2013, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:

They have DSP in their amps and was using Kaleidescape for video delivery. Larry was the only one talking prices and I didn't catch him when he wasn't with others.

I can say it was one of the better presentations there. They had one video from Michael Buble that was too bright for me but as for dynamics...one of the top three presentations there.
post #70 of 79 Old 09-28-2013, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7channelfreak View Post

They have DSP in their amps and was using Kaleidescape for video delivery. Larry was the only one talking prices and I didn't catch him when he wasn't with others.

I can say it was one of the better presentations there. They had one video from Michael Buble that was too bright for me but as for dynamics...one of the top three presentations there.

Curious - what were the other two you were impressed with?

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz
post #71 of 79 Old 09-28-2013, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Inside of the demo room lots of posters described the virtues of their speakers. One of them said that retail prices are never given. So the dealer can charge as much as the market will bear
post #72 of 79 Old 09-28-2013, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnty View Post

Inside of the demo room lots of posters described the virtues of their speakers. One of them said that retail prices are never given. So the dealer can charge as much as the market will bear

That's ridiculous.

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz
post #73 of 79 Old 09-28-2013, 07:12 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

That's ridiculous.

Protecting their dealer channel is ridiculous? Why is that?

If a dealer gives the customer a quote on pricing that they find ridiculous, there are other companies that offer equal or better solutions.
post #74 of 79 Old 09-28-2013, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 401
Yeah makes it refreshing to see makers like seaton sound that are up front and quality driven for the whole experience in comparison.
post #75 of 79 Old 09-29-2013, 12:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If a dealer gives the customer a quote on pricing that they find ridiculous, there are other companies that offer equal or better solutions.

I can maybe understand not enforcing retail price and allow the dealer to freely establish final price without flak from the manufacturer. Final sale price can be based on overall purchase or other factors but not to establish a baseline retail price? Dealer can charge whatever they feel they can? You really think that makes sense? rolleyes.gif

There is baseline value from the manufacturer. How does that protect the dealer channel?

So pretending I'm a dealer, I quote you $10k for the sub because I made judgement call and felt you could afford it. Meanwhile, another dealer quotes another consumer $3k. Absolutely no baseline on price.. just wing it based on what the type of vehicle your consumer pulled up in?

Maserati? Quote $20k
Ferrari? $35k
Mustang? $5k
What's the retail price? It's what I feel like making it this month.. lol

I'm actually shocked anyone would attempt to defend this.

Good luck on resale value.

Everything has MSRP.

Someone clearly misunderstood them at Cedia because it makes no sense. They likely meant they don't enforce MSRP.

Owner, AudioXtream.
post #76 of 79 Old 09-29-2013, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:

That really doesn't protect the dealer channel - things like Sony's SURE pricing do that more so...

I really don't see the benefit of not publishing an MSRP - most people will not bother to explore further if they have no basis for budget and value comparison...I guess this is their tactic if they go mostly through integrators who want to tack on huge margins and bury equipment value in a bundled price, but that is probably of no interest to most AVS'ers.

post #77 of 79 Old 10-02-2013, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Retail on this sub is $9500 without amplification. Confirmed from Scott's interview with PAT.

Again, sounds like someone misunderstood what they were saying regarding retail pricing as they clearly do set retail price on their products.

Owner, AudioXtream.
post #78 of 79 Old 10-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked: 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

Retail on this sub is $9500 without amplification. Confirmed from Scott's interview with PAT.

Again, sounds like someone misunderstood what they were saying regarding retail pricing as they clearly do set retail price on their products.

It's at 6:06 in the video: 

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1493055/pro-audio-technology-at-cedia-2013

Find out more about Mark Henninger at
post #79 of 79 Old 10-02-2013, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Like I said... Confirmed on Scott's interview with PAT. smile.gif

Owner, AudioXtream.
Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page