Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 61 Old 05-02-2014, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 315
My audition time with the Sony HAP-Z1ES has ended and the unit returned

I still have an OPPO 105 that can do the same/ similar things but the Sony has some features that make it attractive:

Sony HAP-Z1ES has a hard drive and once the music files are downloaded to it, they are always there: as long as the HD works: there is no way to erase individual tracks from the Sony

Sony file transfer program is automatic: it will scan files on your PC that you designate and automatically transfer any music added to those files: the transfer program always runs in the background on your PC

Sony has a very nice front panel display which shows cover art: the OPPO does not show cover art on the front panel but it does have a video output witch displays cover art: Sony iPad app is also very nice

Sound quality: I cannot say one is better than another: and no I did no DBT: both the OPPO and Sony both sound excellent to me playing these High resolution files

I removed the Sony from the rack yesterday afternoon and returned it: problem is I miss it already smile.gif

Please take the high road in every post
Please do not quote or respond to problematic posts: report them to mods to handle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page