Onkyo at CEDIA 2013 - AVS Forum
Latest Industry News > Onkyo at CEDIA 2013
Scott Wilkinson's Avatar Scott Wilkinson 07:25 AM 09-28-2013

fitbrit's Avatar fitbrit 01:58 PM 09-28-2013
Surprised that the 11.x capability (with external 2 channel amp) wasn't mentioned about the NR929. That's what makes it a true bargain, IMO.
mtbdudex's Avatar mtbdudex 08:11 PM 09-30-2013
I still have my Onkyo 787, paid $999 for that back in 2000, it's being used now for zone 2 and zone 3 amp, as the subwoofer pre-out went bad.
My first "THX Select certified" AVR.
thehun's Avatar thehun 03:16 AM 10-07-2013
More sound bars, how about a new Pre-pro Onkyo/Integra? My DTC 9.8 still serves me well, but start to looking out for a replace soon.
mastermaybe's Avatar mastermaybe 06:41 AM 10-07-2013
Really disappointed that we haven't yet seen the top tier AVRs yet.

My hope is that they're waiting to implement HDMI 2.0, but we'll see.

I'm in the market for a unit that has 2 independent HDMI outputs, 11 channel, DSX/NEO X, Dual Sub calibration, independent support for HDMI or at least SPDIF audio to the 2/3 zones.

Such a unit still ceases to exist.

James
Fastslappy's Avatar Fastslappy 03:59 PM 10-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post

Really disappointed that we haven't yet seen the top tier AVRs yet.

My hope is that they're waiting to implement HDMI 2.0, but we'll see.

I'm in the market for a unit that has 2 independent HDMI outputs, 11 channel, DSX/NEO X, Dual Sub calibration, independent support for HDMI or at least SPDIF audio to the 2/3 zones.

Such a unit still ceases to exist.

James
That is my guess as well

HDMI 2.0 & newer codecs that are rumored to be coming down the pipe has them waiting , I myself am outta the market until these features start to be put into new models

No way am I putting a wad o'Cash into a soon to be obsolete flagship model with new tech in the wings rolleyes.gif
Daniel Chaves's Avatar Daniel Chaves 12:07 AM 10-24-2013
why do you think all AVR still use an Analog PC In Port? I mean why not use DVI at this point? yes I know you can use HDMI on PCs but Im just saying if they are going to have a PC port why not make it DVI?
Tags: Onkyo
Up
Mobile  Desktop