post #961 of 963 Old 06-08-2014, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

It was something I have been keeping up with everytime I visit Walmart and yesterday it was still there. It was interesting seeing how long it took to move.

On a side note, I haven't seen a Titanfall bundle in almost a month...

ok, makes sense.

I just don't understand why somebody would buy it after launch though? I saw them on amazon for awhile too, but it made no sense to me since the 'non-launch day' consoles were cheaper with a game included.

so in a sense, the fact it sold at all, seems to suggest an absurd amount of 'demand'. either they were forced into buying the launch console because the others weren't available(unlikely) or they just really wanted a launch console to have a launch console.

either way, I think looking forward from here will be more telling. now that ppl can choose freely which they want, and the convenience or ease of finding one isn't an issue, the hype should die down and we'll see what the consumers actually want.

I mean, if I saw a ps4 4 months ago, I'd be tempted to buy it just because I could, even though I'm not sure I want one. now that they are both easy to find, there shouldn't be any 'impulse' buys skewing the results. nor should there be a lack of sales due to lack of product.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 963 Old 06-08-2014, 03:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
April NPDs show exactly that, both systems were readily available and sales reflected the true demand for the consoles. (No major releases to improve demand either)

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #963 of 963 Old 07-17-2014, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
June's NPDs are outbut we only have Nintendo numbers so far, but we do have the order of best selling to worst.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=857224

PS4 is #1 , Xbox One is #2 with at least 154k but not much more, #3 is 3DS at 150k and #4 is the Wii U at 140k (massive Mario Kart bump)

Edit - A company just dumped all the NPD numbers for all to see, the numbers above are more than a bit off for the Xbox One but spot on for everyone else. Microsoft's own premptive PR made sales look lower than they actually were...

What this tells us is that even with Microsoft's pent up demand from a "price drop" announced a month prior (causing a massive dip in sales for May) and Nintendo getting their biggest franchise out the door, PS4 is still winning the monthly sales race with no major releases or bundles to speak of.

Now Sony has the floor from July to October with all the big releases being in their court as either exclusive or having marketing deals in place. November is now the next month of interest to watch, but by then it may be too little too late for any kind of upset to happen.

The sales tracking of interest is now all on Nintendo, will Mario Kart salvage the Wii U, or will the bump be short lived?

Last edited by PENDRAG0ON; 07-18-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Reply Latest Industry News

Tags
Wii U Games , Playstation 4 Games , Xbox One Games , Xbox One Console Standard Edition , Playstation 4 Console , Nintendo Wii U Game Console 32 Gb Flash

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page