Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Roundup - Page 35 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #1021 of 1036 Old 09-10-2015, 01:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 808 Post(s)
Liked: 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
But why go the PC route for mediocre visuals? If I went back to pc gaming I would want top of the line visuals. Otherwise you might as well stick to consoles. Which is what I'm doing.

Dirt cheap games and flexibility. There's a lot you can do with a PC that you can't do with consoles.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1036 Old 09-10-2015, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Even a 750ti and an i3 will destroy the consoles. MGS5 on consoles has several things (like draw distance) at levels below PCs lowest. This gap will only widen as time goes on.

I'm finally ready to make the jump, most of the games I want on consoles are now on PC, even many of the big PS3 releases are there now. (FFXIII, Valkyria Chronicles, Tales of...) There really isn't much holding me to consoles anymore, and the emulation potential means everything Wii and older is also available for me to play, all on one device. And with Microsoft's big push for PC cross play, soon every Xbox title I want will also be on PC. (Most already are) That leaves the Playstation first party as the only reason I have left to own a console, and since I already have a PS4, that is covered. A rental or two a year and I'm good there, Steam sales for everything else.

Fallout 4 will be glorious at 1080p, 60fps with everything cranked up!
post #1023 of 1036 Old 09-13-2015, 09:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 808 Post(s)
Liked: 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post
Even a 750ti and an i3 will destroy the consoles. MGS5 on consoles has several things (like draw distance) at levels below PCs lowest. This gap will only widen as time goes on.

I'm finally ready to make the jump, most of the games I want on consoles are now on PC, even many of the big PS3 releases are there now. (FFXIII, Valkyria Chronicles, Tales of...) There really isn't much holding me to consoles anymore, and the emulation potential means everything Wii and older is also available for me to play, all on one device. And with Microsoft's big push for PC cross play, soon every Xbox title I want will also be on PC. (Most already are) That leaves the Playstation first party as the only reason I have left to own a console, and since I already have a PS4, that is covered. A rental or two a year and I'm good there, Steam sales for everything else.

Fallout 4 will be glorious at 1080p, 60fps with everything cranked up!

Saying a 750 Ti will destroy consoles is going a little too far, but it's a good starter card.
Steve Crowley likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #1024 of 1036 Old 09-20-2015, 08:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
I thought it's been mentioned before. The issue shave been there since launch. With a 2.0 audio source from the apps/hdmi input, you get audio from the FL/FR and dead channels for the rest. So post processing can't be applied. With 5.1 content form the HDMI/apps you get two dead channels. But also with 5.1 content, the surround audio is erroneously routed to the rear surround channels. With game audio and BD audio it has typically been fine in my use. These issues have been there since launch. For some reason I guess MS just doesn't want to fix it. Or they have no ideal how to route the audio to the proper channels.
Let's hope The New Xbox One Experience fixes this, I opted in to the preview and this will be one of the first things I check.
post #1025 of 1036 Old 09-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmblock22 View Post
I wonder if a software update would allow PS4 to play 4k in the future...
http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/10/s...ject-morpheus/

Check out the video. PS4 is all set to do 4K video, it will not do 4K gaming.
post #1026 of 1036 Old 09-25-2015, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
This thread is amazing y'all. Never stop gaming!!!
post #1027 of 1036 Old 10-08-2015, 02:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I thought it's been mentioned before. The issue shave been there since launch. With a 2.0 audio source from the apps/hdmi input, you get audio from the FL/FR and dead channels for the rest. So post processing can't be applied. With 5.1 content form the HDMI/apps you get two dead channels. But also with 5.1 content, the surround audio is erroneously routed to the rear surround channels. With game audio and BD audio it has typically been fine in my use. These issues have been there since launch. For some reason I guess MS just doesn't want to fix it. Or they have no ideal how to route the audio to the proper channels.
The New Xbox One Experience seems to have not fixed this issue but changed it in some fashion. It has sorta worked in the "Example Short 23.976" on Netflix. I have a 9.1 setup with front highs/surround backs, while using that video as a source for a 5.1 sound test the front left, right and center are working properly however the left and right surrounds are mapped to the left and right rear. Now this is only and issue with third party apps not the blu-ray player app and/or during gameplay. I have reported it to Microsoft. Hope the final build has this fixed.
post #1028 of 1036 Old 10-08-2015, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNice View Post
The New Xbox One Experience seems to have not fixed this issue but changed it in some fashion. It has sorta worked in the "Example Short 23.976" on Netflix. I have a 9.1 setup with front highs/surround backs, while using that video as a source for a 5.1 sound test the front left, right and center are working properly however the left and right surrounds are mapped to the left and right rear. Now this is only and issue with third party apps not the blu-ray player app and/or during gameplay. I have reported it to Microsoft. Hope the final build has this fixed.
This is why I've given up on Xbox one as a media player. I just stick with everything separate. I currently have an Apple TV for streaming, Sony Blu ray player for Vudu and blu-rays as well as playing media off a usb stick, and I am a cord cutter and use my mounted antenna through the TV's digital tuner. I tried the usb tuner for Xbox one and it is laggy and tunes in less channels, the blu Ray player audio doesn't allow me to use bitstream, and the media apps are slow and crash. I would have loved to use one evict for everything but this is a clear case of "jack of all trades, master of none."
post #1029 of 1036 Old 10-08-2015, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Love my PS4 in everything it does!
post #1030 of 1036 Old 10-08-2015, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billzfan View Post
This is why I've given up on Xbox one as a media player. I just stick with everything separate. I currently have an Apple TV for streaming, Sony Blu ray player for Vudu and blu-rays as well as playing media off a usb stick, and I am a cord cutter and use my mounted antenna through the TV's digital tuner. I tried the usb tuner for Xbox one and it is laggy and tunes in less channels, the blu Ray player audio doesn't allow me to use bitstream, and the media apps are slow and crash. I would have loved to use one evict for everything but this is a clear case of "jack of all trades, master of none."
PS4 is a good media player.
post #1031 of 1036 Old 10-08-2015, 08:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzfan View Post
You can do bitstream using the blu-ray player app. You have to select it in the settings menu.
post #1032 of 1036 Old 10-09-2015, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Hanes View Post
PS4 is a good media player.
Not for me its not , no media remote (as of yet) and shocking lip sync with blu ray
post #1033 of 1036 Old 10-15-2015, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signs View Post
Not for me its not , no media remote (as of yet) and shocking lip sync with blu ray

Looks like October 27th is the release date for the official remote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...eogames&sr=1-2
post #1034 of 1036 Old 10-21-2015, 06:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post
Looks like October 27th is the release date for the official remote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...eogames&sr=1-2
The Harmoy Ultimate hub works fine, though.
post #1035 of 1036 Old 11-06-2015, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 120
I wonder how hard Square Enix is kicking themselves right now for taking the exclusive "Rise of the tomb raider" contract from microsoft. I bet the cash offer 18 months ago doesn't account for current market share disparity.
freemeat likes this.

Warning: I make a lot of mistakes but occasionally I learn from them!
post #1036 of 1036 Old 11-06-2015, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 573
Right now I'm more ticked that it isn't coming to Windows PC day one along side the Xbox versions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Latest Industry News

Tags
Wii U Games , Playstation 4 Games , Xbox One Games , Xbox One Console Standard Edition , Playstation 4 Console , Nintendo Wii U Game Console 32 Gb Flash