post #271 of 307 Old 06-02-2014, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

And in the latest Apple Appledom your iphone 4 has become obsolete. http://gizmodo.com/sorry-but-your-old-iphone-4-just-became-obsolete-1584962695 biggrin.gif

This is a non-story , the iphone 4 feels obsolete quite some time ago... I would be surprised if anyone's iphone 4 battery even works properly anymore.

These writers post the stupidest crap.

I bought more apple stock today, all of the presented material on the developer side looks very coherent. Almost no apple user will ever switch out once the ecosystem grows even more.

Even if apple doesn't "grow" (which they will since China will see to that this year), they will be able to continue to pour out dividends at their current rate for years to come. Apple stock is now safe money in the bank for me.

I will move all my pictures to their cloud since it will work great with my phones and iphoto with automatic syncing and much easier sharing. The cost is marginal.

I love the new email large attachment feature... So cool. I like the email markup feature. I love the ability to sign my signature in the trackpad finally.

I LOVE the touch ID component opened up to outside apps. I no longer have to worry about my kids buying crap when i am logged in. I hope they add touch id to the rest of their line (i will repurchase all my other devices).

Enterprise will love the new components for them including being able to use touch ID for their internal apps.

I still foresee touch ID making it to payments.

I love the siri integrated shazam ...

The new search bar is looking more and more like a quicksilver ripoff... But it is improving considerably

I cant wait to see what they do with the home software kit. I wonder how control4 and crestron will respond?

I dont care if they copied other services... Bottom line: most of the new features (copied and unique) are very useful and I bet most apple users will like all the new stuff too.

Blazar!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 307 Old 06-03-2014, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Nice pop today, particularly 'on the news' and a down day on the Nas, and is above the 20, 50 & 200 ma.
post #273 of 307 Old 06-03-2014, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
blazarI wrote ,

I still foresee touch ID making it to payments.

Just make sure nobody else touches your money biggrin.gif

Touch will be cool ............................. until the hackers figure out a work around, they seem to figure out most things eventually .

At least it may buy some time and make it more difficult for the amateurs .
Quote:
I will move all my pictures to their cloud
I have some pictures and slideshows up at up at Flickr...... not bad.
Quote:
These writers post the stupidest crap.

You mean stupid click bait...............still crap though ! A lot of these bloggers and so called writers should try working for a living !

Not invested in APPL stock nothing wrong with it though . No Apple products here either I've used them occasionally though they seem pretty decent .

"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #274 of 307 Old 06-03-2014, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

I am hearing great buzz about the Swift programming language being huge on ios. The server side support from cloud for developers looks huge to me too.

Developers are going to go ape with new stuff this next year with these developments!

The "beats" acquisition is literally background noise when it comes to these new developments at WWDC.

Watch jimmy iovine speak at ReCode though... I LOVE this dude. He clearly knows what he is doing.

I was thinking about this beats thing a bit. Beats makes excessive bass headphones for the same reason that every device since the walkman had a "bass boost" on it. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that these headphones impress the general public. What percentage of people kept the "bass boost" perpetually ON on their walkman? Everyone I ever met. Even car systems these days are tuned to higher "punch region" bass response since thats what customers look for on the showroom floor. How many people punch up their subwoofer +5db here on avs... i would bet over half if not more.

That would be a good survey to post for the avs community. Who likes "reference" bass vs who wants a house curve with more bass dialed in?
imagic likes this.

Blazar!
post #275 of 307 Old 06-03-2014, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Yup, now that Apple owns a company specializing in excessive bass it's a good thing biggrin.gif
post #276 of 307 Old 06-03-2014, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVOD View Post

Yup, now that Apple owns a company specializing in excessive bass it's a good thing biggrin.gif
I too like Bass, but truth be told I much prefer Salmon or even a nice Walleye Pike or two. It does deeply concern me that Apple will soon be patenting Bass and suing everyone who consumes non-Apple Bass. cool.gif
Carlos_E likes this.
post #277 of 307 Old 06-04-2014, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

It does deeply concern me that Apple will soon be patenting Bass and suing everyone who consumes non-Apple Bass. cool.gif
Some think Apple's patent claims have always been fishy.
olyteddy likes this.
post #278 of 307 Old 06-05-2014, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 38

Three Questions with the Man Who Designed Beats’ Headphones

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/528046/three-questions-with-the-man-who-designed-beats-headphones/

I ran across this and thought of this thread. 

post #279 of 307 Old 06-06-2014, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Boy did I call this one right... http://www.stereogum.com/1685209/is-apple-abandoning-the-standard-headphone-jack/news/
Quote:
This new Lightning port situation apparently has some advantages for users, as well as for the company. They’ll be able to offer better lossless sound quality, and you’ll be able to use the headphone cord to do more than adjust volume and answer phone calls. But let’s be real. They won’t be doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. They’ll be doing this so you have to buy your headphones (or, at the very least, your headphone adapters) from Apple, and you’ll have to pay Beats prices for them. All of which is to say: Get ready to give Apple even more of your money. Because what the f*** else are you supposed to do? Switch to Zune?
post #280 of 307 Old 06-06-2014, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

It seems they're speculating Apple will eliminate the headphone jack. If they are allowing an external audio DAC, then I think that's a good thing. I have headphones which act as a sound card on a USB connection and works well on Windows, but I don't think it works on my Android phone.
post #281 of 307 Old 06-07-2014, 06:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVOD View Post

It seems they're speculating Apple will eliminate the headphone jack.

It's not that far out there.

Apple has a long history of eliminating legacy ports, software and devices from their devices and systems and simply saying "this is the future - and we're Apple".

Of course, everyone will gripe from one side of the internet to the other - then in a year or so, people will call them geniuses and wonder why everyone else hasn't done the same thing.

"Geez - headphone jacks are so 2014...they totally ruin the looks of everything. Why would anyone want outdated technology like a headphone jack...?"

Substitute pretty much anything for "headphone jack" and you'll see the whole thing again and again, like with:

ADB ports
SCSI
Nubus Slots
Expandable Memory
Replaceable Batteries
Firewire
Optical Drives
Flash

..and so on...
post #282 of 307 Old 06-07-2014, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

The usual small caliber (1/8"?) headphone jack sucks anyway. I use my phone for listening infrequent enough that i would like a lightning adapter headphone set.

I would want to buy a reputable version though from Shure (my current headphones) or perhaps another brand of in-ear headphones. I am pretty apple diehard at this point but I am not wearing Beats.

I have made fun of beats enough that my son would think I've lost my mind if I bought a pair...

Blazar!
post #283 of 307 Old 06-07-2014, 09:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazar View Post

The usual small caliber (1/8"?) headphone jack sucks anyway. I use my phone for listening infrequent enough that i would like a lightning adapter headphone set.

Well, that was fast....

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #284 of 307 Old 06-07-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Apple has a long history of eliminating legacy ports, software and devices from their devices and systems and simply saying "this is the future - and we're Apple".
Valid point, but I don't think Apple is going to bundle Beats headphones or other active transducer devices with their iOS products any time soon. Until then, they will need internal analog circuitry and the 1/8" audio connector will serve its purpose. Of course, then again, this is Apple. Market different!
Quote:

I am pretty apple diehard at this point
Never would have guessed biggrin.gif
post #285 of 307 Old 06-07-2014, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The usual small caliber (1/8"?) headphone jack sucks anyway. I use my phone for listening infrequent enough that i would like a lightning adapter headphone set....
Face it. You'd buy anything Apple. And probably wait in a line overnight to be the first...Remember admission is the first step to recovery.
post #286 of 307 Old 06-07-2014, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Naa no need for recovery... I made enough on apple stock to buy a ferrari. No need to worry about "overpaying" for an apple product.

I like the integration of laptop, phone, ipad, now better cloud , etc.

Microsoft windows isnt even close to the reliability of the apple stuff i have purchased. I used to build and buy windows pc's since the 8086 with a monochrome amber monitor.

Not being a pc gamer, and not wanting to "hack" my phone to do marginally useless nonsense, i want a phone that works and is secure and an ecosystem that works.

Android would have to do something truly amazing to make me switch now. There is nothing compelling about android, microsoft, or samsung that would make me switch now.

In 2007 when i bought my first macbook pro, i liked it SO much better than anything else i have owned that I bought 80k of apple stock right afterwards.

The internet bashing of apple stuff is totally pointless as is making things personal with supposed "fanboys".

They make a solid product regardless of what the naysayers claim about the superiority of other brands.

When i am making million dollar transactions, i am safer doing so on a mac in 2014. This is a fact. To me, the rest is gravy.

Having said that, the beats purchase was not needed and apple is late to streaming for sure. Their cloud offering is about to get much better soon but their previous crap required me to have dropbox.

Blazar!
post #287 of 307 Old 06-07-2014, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by msantti View Post

And do you think Google gives all their software for free just to be nice?. Its gathering data as well.

Sorry, this made me smile. Apple is charging you to do the same thing to you.
post #288 of 307 Old 06-07-2014, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Big brother is here, and you will love him for he is us.

Blazar!
post #289 of 307 Old 06-07-2014, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I hope he is bored to tears watching me.
post #290 of 307 Old 06-10-2014, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Sly said it would be like this.
post #291 of 307 Old 06-13-2014, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
buy scenario because Beats already convinced the market that their headphones are "decent" in sound quality.
post #292 of 307 Old 06-16-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilylily608 View Post
buy scenario because Beats already convinced the market that their headphones are "decent" in sound quality.
Yes they are, at least compared to these

post #293 of 307 Old 06-16-2014, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVOD View Post
Yes they are, at least compared to these

I must say those do look Beat...
post #294 of 307 Old 06-17-2014, 02:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Well, a lot of people do not look good about it. coque samsung s5 coque galaxy s5

Last edited by alicia998; 07-02-2014 at 01:50 AM.
post #295 of 307 Old 06-17-2014, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
Quote:

Quote: Originally Posted by olyteddy

You sir are mistaking Marketing for Innovation. I've never denied that Apple is a great marketing company (come on everyone, drink the Kool-Aid) but every one of the devices you mention existed before Apple introduced theirs.
Ignorance at its best.

Was the iPod the first digital music player. No. But Apple was the only company that had the VISION and ABILITY to create iTunes and change the entire music industry. Same thing with the iPhone/iPad with the App Store. Its the combination of software, hardware, services, and Operating system that makes Apple the premium company it is.

Again tom, dick, or harry can think of a CONCEPT and build a ROUGH PROTOTYPE. Its a whole different ball game to be able to build the hardware/software that people want and can easily USE. Its the difference between DREAMERS and TRUE INNOVATORS. Dreamers can dream about all types of pie in the sky ideas. The true innovators are the ones that bring it to LIFE and change peoples LIVES. Can you deny that the mac/ipod/ipad/iphone/itunes/appstore has not changed the very fabric of society the last 30 years?
post #296 of 307 Old 06-17-2014, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1994 View Post
Ignorance at its best.

Was the iPod the first digital music player. No. But Apple was the only company that had the VISION and ABILITY to create iTunes and change the entire music industry. Same thing with the iPhone/iPad with the App Store. Its the combination of software, hardware, services, and Operating system that makes Apple the premium company it is.

Again tom, dick, or harry can think of a CONCEPT and build a ROUGH PROTOTYPE. Its a whole different ball game to be able to build the hardware/software that people want and can easily USE. Its the difference between DREAMERS and TRUE INNOVATORS. Dreamers can dream about all types of pie in the sky ideas. The true innovators are the ones that bring it to LIFE and change peoples LIVES. Can you deny that the mac/ipod/ipad/iphone/itunes/appstore has not changed the very fabric of society the last 30 years?
Spoken like a true Apple Shill. How is what you said any different than my statement that Apple is a marketing company? I mean people have been lining up overnight to get the first Rolling Stones ticket or the first 1964.5 Mustang or...It's not just the Apple Fanbois. I won't deny Apple has affected society. I would question that it's for the better though.
post #297 of 307 Old 06-18-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
Spoken like a true Apple Shill. How is what you said any different than my statement that Apple is a marketing company? I mean people have been lining up overnight to get the first Rolling Stones ticket or the first 1964.5 Mustang or...It's not just the Apple Fanbois. I won't deny Apple has affected society. I would question that it's for the better though.
How is creating the iTunes store marketing?
How come Sony did not think of that?
Its not marketing, its called innovation.

How about the iPhone's touch screen and OS? Those were revolutionary features. Before that everyone was stuck with mini physical keyboards. What about the App store? What about the iPad? Have you ever used the Tablets that came out BEFORE the iPad? Why is it that every single smartphone/tablet works almost EXACTLY the same as the original iPhone/iPad?

Again name me a SINGLE company that has been more innovative in the past 15 years? Who else can claim they released the first successful digital music player, digital music store front, smartphone, app store, and tablet?

BTW all successful companies are great at marketing. But it does not mean they are successful just because of marketing.
post #298 of 307 Old 06-18-2014, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1994 View Post
How about the iPhone's touch screen and OS? Those were revolutionary features. Before that everyone was stuck with mini physical keyboards.
Thanks for correcting my memory. For some reason I thought the Palm Pilot and Win CE were out years before that with touch screens. I must be in error to remember having voice commands on WinMo6 before iOS, or having 3G with tethering, or a decent built-in office suite including Word/Excel/Powerpoint, or stereo Bluetooth, or true multitasking, or the Swype keyboard, or a highly customizable interface including program launcher folders with user creatable icons (which AFAIK something iOS still doesn't offer). The App store did make it much easier than the extremely complicated method of a Paypal payment and downloading a file and double clicking on it (which allowed restoring a previous version if required).
post #299 of 307 Old 06-18-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Thanks for correcting my memory. For some reason I thought the Palm Pilot and Win CE were out years before that with touch screens.
Multi-touch with gestures to be exact.

iOS was a revolutionary OS. It makes the OS on the Palm and Win CE look like something from the stone age.
post #300 of 307 Old 06-18-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
So revolutionary it doesn't support flash. The multitouch was for zoom which WinMo had an easy method that worked fine. Apple's pinch zoom came about by acquiring another company called Fingerworks. Safari still doesn't support text wrap, though now there are other browsers that do. I find the iOS settings menu to be clumsy.

I considered an iPhone when it came out but to me it was too limiting. I'm always looking and never rule out iOS, but even now it seems limiting for my use. We'll see with the next refresh. As for a tablet, I prefer my Bay Trail with Win 8.1 which is easily expandable for storage and can run desktop applications as well as MS Store apps fine, not to mention Android as a virtual OS. But for the masses the iPad has some advantages.

I would never say that Apple's products are not the right fit for many, and conversely many would not like my preferences. Apple created many features which are now in other's products. The question now is what's next. If it's just following others with larger screens and copying some UI features, such as the drag down menu, then I think they are in trouble. There is nothing that I can see with the Beats acquisition that would benefit me, other than hopefully a higher price for AAPL.
Dont worry the iPhone6 will destroy all with a virtually scratch proof sapphire screen, Health kit tracking, home kit automation, and the A8+ Metal which will be 18 months ahead as far as processor and graphics speed. Hell its been 10 months since the A7 and still no 64 bit android phones.

Next will be iWatch and the new AppleTV that will be a gaming monster with modified A8X + Metal.
Reply Latest Industry News

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page