Paradigm Persona Series Speakers Demo at CEDIA 2016 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By imagic
  • 3 Post By goksucats
  • 1 Post By rocket9

post #1 of 6 Old 09-20-2016, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter
Mark Henninger

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6626 Post(s)
Liked: 11400
Paradigm Persona Series Speakers Demo at CEDIA 2016

While Paradigm is already known for making great-sounding speakers, At CEDIA 2016 the company introduced a range-topping lineup of spectacular speakers called the Persona Series, sporting beryllium drivers and sophisticated design.

The new Persona series of super-premium speakers from Paradigm.

The new speaker line consists of six different speaker models plus a subwoofer. One thing all the speakers have in common is they feature beryllium drivers for the tweeter as well as midrange. These drivers are all situated behind the latest iteration of Paradigm's PPA lens, which even out the dispersion while actually increasing output by reducing phase-cancellation.

Another commonality between the speaker models is the use of aluminum woofers, with the top two featuring a differential-drive motor. The rest the speaker models feature a split voice coil motor system.

The flagship model is the Persona 9H ($17,500 each), which is a hybrid active/passive loudspeaker featuring four powered differential-drive 8.5-inch woofers that benefit from built-in Anthem Room Correction (ARC).

Next up is the Persona 7F ($12,500 each), a passive speaker with dual 8.5 inch woofers. It is followed by the Persona 5F ($8,500 each), which features three 7-inch woofers. Next up is the persona 3F ($5000 each), which has two 7-inch woofers. And at the entry level, Paradigm's Persona B ($3500 each) offers a two-way bookshelf option.

This system supports home theater applications with the Persona C ($7,500 each), a passive threre=way channel speaker featuring four woofers.
Rounding out the new lineup is the persona SUB ($6500 each) that features six, 8-inch subwoofer drivers and 1700 watts of continuous power (3400 W peak). Paradigm also offers a pair of stands, the B-29 for the Persona B and the B-18C for the Persona C.

I had a chance to listen to some tracks through a pair of Persona 9H's, including Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Tin Pan Alley," Peter Gabriel's "Mercy Street," and Daft Punk's "Giorgio by Moroder." The speakers handled the challenges of the acoustically difficult meeting room with aplomb. ARC smoothed out the bass response from the two speakers, and with a total of eight 8.5-inch differential-drive woofers pumping the air, they had plenty of depth and impact. Imaging was as good as it gets, which is usually the case with well-designed top-tier speakers.

The Paradigm Persona 9H and one of the 8.5-inch differential-drive woofers.

I'm sure I'll encounter the speakers again at CES, where I will have another in-depth listen to their capabilities. Hopefully at some point I'll demo a surround-system that includes the subwoofer and the center channel. Such a system would surely be a budget buster, but it would also be quite badass.
freeman4 likes this.

Mark Henninger, Senior Editor at AVS Forum

Last edited by imagic; 09-22-2016 at 07:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-22-2016, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Love the Blue. Beautiful and completely out of my price range.
imagic, prerich and Dark Matter like this.

Sony XBR65X930C / Sony UBP-X800 / Toshiba HD-A3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Onkyo TX-NR807 / Paradigm CC-190/Paradigm Titan Monitor V5/Paradigm Atom Monitor V5/ JBL Studio L8400P 12-Inch Sub
post #3 of 6 Old 09-22-2016, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Would love to hear these next to the Sig8's.

post #4 of 6 Old 12-29-2016, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
There's a category of product that I will never be able to afford and the Persona line is one of them..lol. I am sure they are amazing. Just kind of hard to justify spending 25 grand on speakers these days. Especially when I have to justify it to my banker ...and the wife. Not sure which one is more feared!

I have some Studio 60`s that are still going strong. I wish they still made the Studio line since they fit in to my budget and price range.
Kai Winters likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-26-2017, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
The price...

I don't need to hear something that badly
post #6 of 6 Old 05-09-2017, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 91
I'm not feeling the design. Looks like something that would match a 90's era hospital room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Latest Industry News

Tags
cedia 2016 , Paradigm

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page