post #181 of 338 Old 05-28-2009, 04:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by av.pallino View Post

Fantastic set up! Curious how far back you're sitting from the screen. Is that a 60 inch plasma?

Thnx

I bet its not as far as we think. the Force really does know how to take great pictures and the way he does it seems to give more depth than we think.

- Independent Dreams - IDStudios
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 338 Old 05-29-2009, 05:41 AM

Liked: 13
Wow, gorgeous......to say the least.

I actually thought it was a show home. But real people do live in there. Unreal.
I wouldn't buy a dog , especially a sheepdog.

It looks futuristic like a movie set. Fantastic photog too. I will make damn sure my wife doesn't see it. She loves modern, I love wood. So our home is both.

But, we live in ours.
post #183 of 338 Old 05-29-2009, 11:12 AM

Every time I see someone comment on your thread I am thrilled, because I get to look at your home theater again! My absolute favorite!
post #184 of 338 Old 05-29-2009, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

i really like the simple low couch , anyone see this anywhere? I tried searching on the internet and i cant find it!

His place ROCKS!

post #185 of 338 Old 05-30-2009, 05:08 PM

Liked: 11
I almost had to watch that slideshow with a towel and some lube.

Absolutely gorgeous job.
post #186 of 338 Old 06-02-2009, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punman View Post

I just clicked on your link to get here. Thanks for showing all those pictures. Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddgsx View Post

You did a sweet job on your home environment. Im impressed!

Hi punman and baddgsx, and many thanks for the great feedback guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by av.pallino View Post

Fantastic set up! Curious how far back you're sitting from the screen. Is that a 60 inch plasma?

Thnx

Quote:

I bet its not as far as we think. the Force really does know how to take great pictures and the way he does it seems to give more depth than we think.

Hi pallino and thanks mate. Baddgsx knows the score (cheers for the comp mate), and it's the wide angle lens that makes it look bigger than it really is. Yep it's a 60 incher, and I did a measure - it's about 12 feet viewing distance. My eyesight's crap, so thank god I've got a decent pair of specs to watch it with lol !
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosv1 View Post

Wow, gorgeous......to say the least.

But, we live in ours.

lol . cheeky, but I like it ! Cheers kaos mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVizzle View Post

Every time I see someone comment on your thread I am thrilled, because I get to look at your home theater again! My absolute favorite!

Wow EVizzle that's a lovely thing to say mate - very flattered, and humbled.
Quote:

i really like the simple low couch , anyone see this anywhere? I tried searching on the internet and i cant find it!

His place ROCKS!

baddgsx you're far too kind mate. I can link you to where I got the Kartell Plastics Sofa Modules from :

http://www.madeindesign.co.uk/prod-P...??part=affifut

I'm not too up on American sites, but I found this one that sells them:
http://hivemodern.com/products/?view...=785&cid=&cid2=

Hope that helps mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendsley View Post

I almost had to watch that slideshow with a towel and some lube.

Absolutely gorgeous job.

PMSL Not sure what to say to that hehe, but a big THANKS !

p.s sorry I've taken so long to reply, but works been hectic and I've been preparing everything for a visit to your good country next week for a bit of a break. Busch Gardens coasters here I come !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #187 of 338 Old 06-02-2009, 03:26 PM

Force,

Great Job! Your place is just amazing. Which Busch Gardens are you going to? Tampa or Virginia? Youll have a great time at either one. Both of them are beautiful parks. Have fun
post #188 of 338 Old 06-03-2009, 04:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmonlycg View Post

Force,

Great Job! Your place is just amazing. Which Busch Gardens are you going to? Tampa or Virginia? Youll have a great time at either one. Both of them are beautiful parks. Have fun

Hi mate, and many thanks for the comp. Going to Tampa, and have one of those tickets to get in all the parks so gonna try and squeeze as much in as poss lol. I've never been to the parks before, so should be an experience ! All the best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #189 of 338 Old 06-03-2009, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanx for the link FORCE!!!! You dont know how much i appreciate it! I could not find it anywhere. And i thought i can find anything on the net.

post #190 of 338 Old 06-22-2009, 11:01 AM

Hello Frank the main room looks excellent and the colours of the room look very good too and i wreckin the white makes the room look big and deceiving and i wreckin its one of the best room i have seen.

Regards Lino.
post #191 of 338 Old 07-07-2009, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Glad to have helped baddgsx and cheers for the nice comp Lino - did you mean to call me Frank, or is the word supposed to be 'frankly' lol ?!

p.s you can call me Jon (or anything else that springs to mind !)

post #192 of 338 Old 07-16-2009, 06:36 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_FORCE View Post

Good choice in camera rex ! The D90 is a corker of a snapper . The old speakers went to a good home from the dealers I got the Kef's from. Sad to see them go though, sentimentally speaking. Enjoy your new camera !

Hey cheers Seth !I feel a bit more confident with my pics now, and it seems the best results I get are when the room is at it's brightest from natural light ? The camera and lens just seem to prefer it - and I suppose with it all being white, it acts like one big light box I think ?

Hi ld mate ! Yep you're right - before it was trying to be subtle, but now it's more an all out in your face system lookswise lol. It's sort of encroached on the room a bit more, but it's nice to go for a bit of a change now and then ! I'm still unsure about the stacking of the Denon ontop of the Rotels, but I'm getting more and more used to it. I just worry that using a rack won't look right unless I get a transparent acrylic one made up maybe ?

No worries with stacking on the Rotels though, as the Class D amps run cool, and are noted for this. If I had got the Nad M25 then this would've been a deffo no go area lol !

All the best mate.
Jon

Cheers my man ! Aye, all the Ref's are tri-wireable, including the centre. I've got the front 3 bi-wired, and the sides single wired. The other drivers are then linked via the supplied jumper cables which I suppose negates the need for multiple wiring configs anyway lol ?! Oh well, it looks a bit nifty from the rear end (how shallow am I ?)

Oh dear, you want to see my spaghetti junction ?I'll try to get a pic up by Friday for you mate if that's ok ?

Cheers again all !

I'll leave ye with a couple more pics:

Absolutley stunning. How do you find the Fathom? BTW Im Frank LOL

Frank

post #193 of 338 Old 07-16-2009, 07:04 AM

this is just sexy.

i love everything about it.

btw i have a d90 with a 50mm 1.8 lens and also the 18-200mm

and i cannot for the life of me ever take pics like this. i guess im photography retarded

post #194 of 338 Old 07-16-2009, 07:10 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranormalg35 View Post

i guess im photography retarded

Me too

Frank

post #195 of 338 Old 07-23-2009, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Force, that is surreal. Wow! The way you photographed your gear should be in a magazine. Very nice!

If you ever want to go for a more "cluttered" look, I'll loan you my kids. Should take them all about 10 minutes.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #196 of 338 Old 07-23-2009, 10:50 AM

i wish that i had the income for that setup, one of the cleanest i have ever seen. If i win the lottery im getting that exact setup! looking into gettin a system now just rockin the 200$ surroundsound so needles to say that would be a blackhole to the center of the sun difference
post #197 of 338 Old 07-24-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balla21 View Post

i wish that i had the income for that setup, one of the cleanest i have ever seen. If i win the lottery im getting that exact setup! looking into gettin a system now just rockin the 200$ surroundsound so needles to say that would be a blackhole to the center of the sun difference

exactly my thought..i'm looking at my current place and thinking how i can replicate what The_Force has done..ha ha..it would be funny posting pics later on my my set-up and it looks somewhat similar!! well to your point though have to win the lottery first or have to reconfigure the budget!!
post #198 of 338 Old 07-30-2009, 10:23 AM

what is the wall color for your pc room THE_FORCE?

BTW, absolutely wonderful setup and pix

-- TechTVMan

post #199 of 338 Old 08-10-2009, 04:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Absolutley stunning. How do you find the Fathom? BTW Im Frank LOL

lol Frank ! Cheers mate. I still lurve the fathoms, in that they're subtle and not too overpowering. They just seem to warm everything up discretely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranormalg35 View Post

this is just sexy.

i love everything about it.

btw i have a d90 with a 50mm 1.8 lens and also the 18-200mm

and i cannot for the life of me ever take pics like this. i guess im photography retarded

Cheers mate ! Ooooh D90 - lovely camera and glass . *jealous* I've been looking at that 18-200mm as it seems like the perfect 'do it all' lens. Maybe for Xmas ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Force, that is surreal. Wow! The way you photographed your gear should be in a magazine. Very nice!

If you ever want to go for a more "cluttered" look, I'll loan you my kids. Should take them all about 10 minutes.

hehe hmmm I'm probably worse than your kids lol ! After a few drinks, I can make the place look like a hovel in an instant.

Cheers for the nice comps Waboman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balla21 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexb610 View Post

exactly my thought..i'm looking at my current place and thinking how i can replicate what The_Force has done..ha ha..it would be funny posting pics later on my my set-up and it looks somewhat similar!! well to your point though have to win the lottery first or have to reconfigure the budget!!

cheers loads balla and rex. ermm if you win the lottery , then you will remember me won't ye ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by techtvman View Post

what is the wall color for your pc room THE_FORCE?

BTW, absolutely wonderful setup and pix

Hi techtvman, and cheers for the nice comps mate. The PC room has Dulux Rum Caramel no.4 on 3 walls and Dulux Cocoa Blush no.1 on 1 wall.

All the best.

post #200 of 338 Old 08-11-2009, 05:40 AM

WOW very nice
post #201 of 338 Old 08-23-2009, 11:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
You are truly an inspiration and a man with exquisite taste. Your home is very beautiful and the ht system is neatly installed and your photography skill is superb. Thanks for sharing

PSN: Fail_At_Failing
XBL: jitu757

bbexperience: "hmm. I don't know. It's hard to notice the sensitivity of the sticks when the controller is flying through the air."
post #202 of 338 Old 09-07-2009, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitu View Post

You are truly an inspiration and a man with exquisite taste. Your home is very beautiful and the ht system is neatly installed and your photography skill is superb. Thanks for sharing

What a lovely thing to say ?! Thanks ever so much for the comment mate, and to Hdblu also. Cheers guys !

post #203 of 338 Old 09-11-2009, 07:44 AM

As an owner of a mere single pair of KEF 201/2 (but in sycamore!), I've been enthusiastically ogling your pictures since day one, but was curious: are not the stands for the 201/2 upside down?
post #204 of 338 Old 09-11-2009, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Is it me or do those Rotel amps look a lot like the Krell "Standard" stuff? Very close.

post #205 of 338 Old 09-12-2009, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snthaoeu View Post

As an owner of a mere single pair of KEF 201/2 (but in sycamore!), I've been enthusiastically ogling your pictures since day one, but was curious: are not the stands for the 201/2 upside down?

In those pics they are indeedy ! I took those the day that I got the speakers, and hadn't attached the stands via the screws, so flipped the stands to give the speakers a sturdier base without attaching as I wanted to check the speakers were running ok for a while. The stands are now the correct way round, but laziness has stopped me from updating the pics lol !
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Is it me or do those Rotel amps look a lot like the Krell "Standard" stuff? Very close.

Hmmm someone else said that the new Rotels look similar to Krell ? Fortunately, unlike Krell, the Rotel amps are priced realistically for the electronics that they contain inside.

post #206 of 338 Old 09-12-2009, 06:33 PM

Awesome equipment and setup Force! Your place is defintely inspiring! Like everybody said great pictures as well!

Im not sure if this question has been asked but where did you find that media storage? Exactly the storage I am looking for.
post #207 of 338 Old 09-15-2009, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Your speakers stands for the rears in your main room.. are they dedicated to those KEF speakers, or, did you purchase them separately, as an aftermarket option?

If the latter, or even if the former, can you recommend any sites for this purpose? I've never been pleased with the speaker stand options available on any of the several USA based sites I've visited. It's rare to find anything sleek, minimalist & contemporary looking.

Mourning the disappearing usage of the -ly suffix. Words being cut-off before they've had a chance to fully form, left incomplete, with their shoelaces untied and their zippers undone. If I quote your post (or post in your thread) without comment, please check your zipper.
post #208 of 338 Old 09-15-2009, 09:04 AM

What in the world is going on in this picture? I heard of bi-amping, but what exactly is going on here? Enlighten me...
post #209 of 338 Old 09-15-2009, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice7 View Post

Awesome equipment and setup Force! Your place is defintely inspiring! Like everybody said great pictures as well!

Im not sure if this question has been asked but where did you find that media storage? Exactly the storage I am looking for.

Hi ice, and many thanks for the nice comps mate. ! The storage solution is from Ikea, and is called BESTA with HOLMBO door fronts and drawers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post

Your speakers stands for the rears in your main room.. are they dedicated to those KEF speakers, or, did you purchase them separately, as an aftermarket option?

If the latter, or even if the former, can you recommend any sites for this purpose? I've never been pleased with the speaker stand options available on any of the several USA based sites I've visited. It's rare to find anything sleek, minimalist & contemporary looking.

Hi mate. The stands are produced by Kef solely for the 201/2 speakers. I'm so glad they produce them, as I looked for other stands, but none would cater for the depth of the 201/2's (they're deep !). I'm not sure if they would be good for other speakers as the base plate is shaped to the 201's curves ?

Here's a UK site that does them though if it helps ?:

http://www.stoneaudio.co.uk/

They've gone down in price now too which is quite annoying lol !

All the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxFreak View Post

What in the world is going on in this picture? I heard of bi-amping, but what exactly is going on here? Enlighten me...

For sure ! All of the Reference series are tri-wireable - for the LF, MF and HF drivers. I have my Chord Odyssey 4 cable running into the HF and LF terminals (the top and bottom respectively), and then the supplied jumper cables are connecting the LF and MF terminals. To be honest, I'm still not convinced of any noticeable audible advantages of bi/tri-wiring or bi/tri amping over normal single connections and using jumpers.

I'm sure others will imagine otherwise.

Hope that explains it a bit better ?

post #210 of 338 Old 09-17-2009, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
You have a beautiful home, it's just like the pictures you see on the architecture design magazines. And your A/V equipment is out of this world!

Thank you for sharing the pictures with us!

Reply What's Your System Configuration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page