Some quick comments...
- Lumagen RadianceXE
- JVC RS20 calibrated by Craig Rounds (Craigr) yesterday with both FW v1.1 CMS
and with Lumagen RadianceXE. I hope he makes some comments on the differences, but I'll leave that to him.
- Samsung BDP1500 moved out of MA rack since uneeded with the Oppo BDP-83
- Oppo BDP-83
sounds!!! as well as looks great. User interface is very nice. Still more impressions pending.
I'll post some pre/post calibration info for those interested later, but the calibration does make a noticeable improvement.
I haven't been able to watch much material since it was finished, but it looks amazing -- and didn't look bad "out of the box" in THX mode.Next jobs
- center channel stand (comments and pics coming)
- improve ethernet to gigabit around the house
- clean up MA rack and "push back" into the wall
- XBOX360 (Jasper)
- install WD 1TB hard drive into rack
- FW update on Lumagen RadianceXE - judder issues with 24fps forced mode
- masking system - ? Carada (see my anticipation thread)
- HT seats - on order
- more Audyssey calibration after HT seats, etc. in place
(likely after my wife gets to spend some money elsewhere in the house) - AMX, Control4, ???
Then, sit back and chill out for a while...
PS - And then help some friends with THEIR HT situations. Where I can give ideas and not spend money.*EDIT*
Some Calibration Report numbers...Before Calibration:
(rounded to 1 decimal point)IRE - dE
10 - 15.8
20 - 15.9
30 - 17.2
40 - 16.0
50 - 16.7
60 - 14.2
70 - 15.2
80 - 12.6
90 - 13.1
100 - 11.5After Calibration:IRE - dE
10 - 0.4
20 - 1.1
30 - 1.2
40 - 0.5
50 - 0.2
60 - 0.2
70 - 0.6
80 - 0.1
90 - 0.2
100 - 0.5