My corner of heaven - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 370 Old 06-20-2010, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 68
What I notice, and find very appealing, is the presentation, how clean everything is. The same equipment, set up poorly, wouldn't have the same appeal. I greatly appreciate how you took the time to make an attractive setup; it enhances the appeal of the system and can make people want to watch/listen to something even more. It's a system, not just a collection of components, and it makes me want to clean up and organize my living room!

One question. How good a mesh are the Paradigms with the Martin Logans? Why Paradigms over something else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 370 Old 06-20-2010, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Tincher View Post

WOW! Very nice! One of these days, I will have a theater of my dreams, it sure looks like you have yours!!

Thanks for the kind words.
post #183 of 370 Old 06-20-2010, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

What I notice, and find very appealing, is the presentation, how clean everything is. The same equipment, set up poorly, wouldn't have the same appeal. I greatly appreciate how you took the time to make an attractive setup; it enhances the appeal of the system and can make people want to watch/listen to something even more. It's a system, not just a collection of components, and it makes me want to clean up and organize my living room!

One question. How good a mesh are the Paradigms with the Martin Logans? Why Paradigms over something else?

Thank you for noticing. Like you said, it's not easy taking a living room setting, converting it into an inviting HT room and having everything look presentable.

The Paradigms actually blend quite well with the Logans. Ideally having all ML's is the ultimate way to go, but until I get another pair of Scripts (for L/R height surround use), the Paradigms are doing a good job.

The reason I chose Paradigm, was because I was very familiar with the sound, as my previous HT system was all Paradigm. And the small size and ease of set up of the Mini Monitors made them a sensible choice at the time. But now that I "finally" have the Scripts, I know that at some point soon I need to change the remaining two Paradigms.

Seth
post #184 of 370 Old 07-26-2010, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Thank you for noticing. Like you said, it's not easy taking a living room setting, converting it into an inviting HT room and having everything look presentable.

The Paradigms actually blend quite well with the Logans. Ideally having all ML's is the ultimate way to go, but until I get another pair of Scripts (for L/R height surround use), the Paradigms are doing a good job.

The reason I chose Paradigm, was because I was very familiar with the sound, as my previous HT system was all Paradigm. And the small size and ease of set up of the Mini Monitors made them a sensible choice at the time. But now that I "finally" have the Scripts, I know that at some point soon I need to change the remaining two Paradigms.

Seth

It would be interesting to read any impressions you have of any change in sound.
post #185 of 370 Old 07-27-2010, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It would be interesting to read any impressions you have of any change in sound.

What's most notably different now with the ML Scripts, is the rear channel presence. With the Paradigms the rear effects were always impressive, but with them being placed up higher on the wall the sound at times didn't have that reach out and grab you effect. With the Script panels being located lower and firing directly at the listening area, the rear effects have a bit more wow factor now. Panning effects are very smooth now as well.

Seth
post #186 of 370 Old 07-27-2010, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What's most notably different now with the ML Scripts, is the rear channel presence. With the Paradigms the rear effects were always impressive, but with them being placed up higher on the wall the sound at times didn't have that reach out and grab you effect. With the Script panels being located lower and firing directly at the listening area, the rear effects have a bit more wow factor now. Panning effects are very smooth now as well.

Seth

That makes total sense to me. The same brand is always ideal for all speakers if you can get them. I'm really more a stereo guy than HT, but that's what I think. And the visual similarity of the new surrounds will help the presentation even more. The sound is more cohesive too, from what you say. Very good!
post #187 of 370 Old 07-29-2010, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That makes total sense to me. The same brand is always ideal for all speakers if you can get them. I'm really more a stereo guy than HT, but that's what I think. And the visual similarity of the new surrounds will help the presentation even more. The sound is more cohesive too, from what you say. Very good!

Cohesive, that's a very good word to describe the sound. I'm not knocking the Paradigm's as they are some excellent surround speakers that I've used for many years. But besides the visual symmetry, the sound like you said is just more cohesive now with the ML rear surrounds. At some point in the very near future (6 months or so) I plan on adding another pair of ML Scripts to replace the remaining Paradigm L/R height channels.

Seth
post #188 of 370 Old 07-31-2010, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That system looks freakin' incredible! I'm pretty sure I remember dreaming about it last night!
post #189 of 370 Old 08-02-2010, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORO3 View Post

That system looks freakin' incredible! I'm pretty sure I remember dreaming about it last night!

Thank you for the nice compliment on my setup.
post #190 of 370 Old 12-27-2010, 02:29 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Happy holidays Seth. It's been awhile seeing you hear my friend.

Frank
post #191 of 370 Old 12-27-2010, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 799
Hi Seth.

I hope you had a very merry Christmas, mi amigo.

Any big plans for the new years?

Cheers.

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #192 of 370 Old 12-29-2010, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Happy holidays Seth. It's been awhile seeing you hear my friend.

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the late reply.

Happy Holidays to you also my friend. Yeah I haven't been around here as much lately, but I plan to spend a bit more time here in the coming year.

Seth
post #193 of 370 Old 12-29-2010, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Hi Seth.

I hope you had a very merry Christmas, mi amigo.

Any big plans for the new years?

Cheers.

Christmas was great! It was nice to spend time with family. There was so much good food and I ate more that I should have, but heck we only do this thing once a year (well three actually if you count in Thanksgiving and New Years ).

Yeah I have some big plans in store for 2011. A new display, whether it be a 70 inch 3D Plasma (which I hope is announced at CES), or a 3D front projector, is the plan. Also I'm "hoping" to get my AVP upgraded if Denon announces something at CES. If they do then it's a definite for me.

Other than that I have pretty much everything I want.

I do need to post some new pics of my HT room, as it has been completely renovated. Sometime in the coming weeks I'll do that.

So how about you, do you have any big plans for the new year?

Seth
post #194 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 12:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Christmas was great! It was nice to spend time with family. There was so much good food and I ate more that I should have, but heck we only do this thing once a year (well three actually if you count in Thanksgiving and New Years ).

Yeah I have some big plans in store for 2011. A new display, whether it be a 70 inch 3D Plasma (which I hope is announced at CES), or a 3D front projector, is the plan. Also I'm "hoping" to get my AVP upgraded if Denon announces something at CES. If they do then it's a definite for me.

I do need to post some new pics of my HT room, as it has been completely renovated. Sometime in the coming weeks I'll do that.

Seth
Lol. Oh my, Seth. I ate soooo many darn Christmas cookies. Everywhere I turned, there were more cookies. It was like they were taunting me to eat them. How could I resist?

I love your 3D plan. A 70" plasma will be incredible. Has anyone announced they will be offering a 3D 70" model? I guess we'll know in a few days at CES. Also, it will be nice to finally find out (hopefully) what Denons' plan for the AVP is.

Yes, you do need to post some pics of your newly renovated HT. I know it looks fantastic. What ever you do, you do it first class, amigo.

Hey, looking at the time, it's new years eve here. Whoo-hoo! The last day of the decade. Enjoy, my friend.

Salud.

post #195 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 01:28 AM
CIH USER

Bring the pics Seth. Mate hope you enjoy your night, don't get too drunk. BTW Happy new year Seth best wishes for 2011

Frank
post #196 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Seth
70" plasma? If that shows up I suspect Panasonic.
post #197 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:

Seth

I cant wait to be amazed, AGAIN!!!!!!
post #198 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lol. Oh my, Seth. I ate soooo many darn Christmas cookies. Everywhere I turned, there were more cookies. It was like they were taunting me to eat them. How could I resist?

I love your 3D plan. A 70" plasma will be incredible. Has anyone announced they will be offering a 3D 70" model? I guess we'll know in a few days at CES. Also, it will be nice to finally find out (hopefully) what Denons' plan for the AVP is.

Yes, you do need to post some pics of your newly renovated HT. I know it looks fantastic. What ever you do, you do it first class, amigo.

Hey, looking at the time, it's new years eve here. Whoo-hoo! The last day of the decade. Enjoy, my friend.

Salud.

Yeah same here, so many treats just wanting me to eat them. Home made turnovers, apple pies, cherry pies, pumpkin pies, cookies, and a whole lot of other things.

Yeah, a 70 inch plasma would be amazing! Nothing is concrete, but there are rumors that a 70 inch Panasonic Plasma with Kuro technology is in the works. Hopefully something will be announced at CES. And like you you said, here's hoping that Denon mentions something about an upgrade for the AVP.

Yeah some pics of the room will be shared soon.

Yup, it's the last day of 2011 (at least here in our part of the world). For our friends in other part of the world it's already the beginning of a whole new year.

Happy New Year to you mi amigo and a Happy New Year to all!

Seth
post #199 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Bring the pics Seth. Mate hope you enjoy your night, don't get too drunk. BTW Happy new year Seth best wishes for 2011

Hi Frank,

Yes, some pics of the new look are definitely coming soon.

Enjoy your night (or early morning over there) and have a Happy New Year!! Best wishes to you as well for 2011.

Seth
post #200 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

70" plasma? If that shows up I suspect Panasonic.

Unconfirmed word is that Panasonic is working on a 70 inch plasma with Kuro technology. I guess we'll find out at CES.

BTW Happy New Year!!

Seth
post #201 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_2_9 View Post

I cant wait to be amazed, AGAIN!!!!!!

Thanks.
post #202 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hey Seth what's with getting the small 70" Plasma. Go for the gusto and get the 4Kx2K 152" Plasma that I saw at CEDIA.

Hope your 2011 will allow you to get a real TV.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
post #203 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 05:59 PM

Woohoo, go Seth...152" all the way!

Happy New Year!

post #204 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Unconfirmed word is that Panasonic is working on a 70 inch plasma with Kuro technology. I guess we'll find out at CES.

BTW Happy New Year!!

Seth

Somehow, that just seems wrong to me. I can't explain it. Oh, well. And Happy New Year to you, too.
post #205 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 11:05 PM
AVS Special Member

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Seth!!

post #206 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Hey Seth what's with getting the small 70" Plasma. Go for the gusto and get the 4Kx2K 152" Plasma that I saw at CEDIA.

Lol. I can totally see Seth getting this. It's right up his alley.

post #207 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 11:15 PM
CIH USER

Quote:

Lol. I can totally see Seth getting this. It's right up his alley.

How much are they worth??

Frank
post #208 of 370 Old 01-01-2011, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How much are they worth??

That's a good question Frank. Probably a bit too much.
post #209 of 370 Old 01-01-2011, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

post #210 of 370 Old 01-01-2011, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Now that I can definitely see in my HT room!
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Martin Logan , Marantz Av8801 , Toshiba Hd Xa2 1080p Hd Dvd Player , Sony Bdp S300 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Lg Electronics 84lm9600 84 Inch Uhd 4k , Ads Technologies
Gear in this thread - S300 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page