My corner of heaven - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 370 Old 06-20-2010, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 68
What I notice, and find very appealing, is the presentation, how clean everything is. The same equipment, set up poorly, wouldn't have the same appeal. I greatly appreciate how you took the time to make an attractive setup; it enhances the appeal of the system and can make people want to watch/listen to something even more. It's a system, not just a collection of components, and it makes me want to clean up and organize my living room!

One question. How good a mesh are the Paradigms with the Martin Logans? Why Paradigms over something else?
prepress is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 370 Old 06-20-2010, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Tincher View Post

WOW! Very nice! One of these days, I will have a theater of my dreams, it sure looks like you have yours!!

Thanks for the kind words.
ohyeah32 is offline  
post #183 of 370 Old 06-20-2010, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

What I notice, and find very appealing, is the presentation, how clean everything is. The same equipment, set up poorly, wouldn't have the same appeal. I greatly appreciate how you took the time to make an attractive setup; it enhances the appeal of the system and can make people want to watch/listen to something even more. It's a system, not just a collection of components, and it makes me want to clean up and organize my living room!

One question. How good a mesh are the Paradigms with the Martin Logans? Why Paradigms over something else?

Thank you for noticing. Like you said, it's not easy taking a living room setting, converting it into an inviting HT room and having everything look presentable.

The Paradigms actually blend quite well with the Logans. Ideally having all ML's is the ultimate way to go, but until I get another pair of Scripts (for L/R height surround use), the Paradigms are doing a good job.

The reason I chose Paradigm, was because I was very familiar with the sound, as my previous HT system was all Paradigm. And the small size and ease of set up of the Mini Monitors made them a sensible choice at the time. But now that I "finally" have the Scripts, I know that at some point soon I need to change the remaining two Paradigms.


Seth
ohyeah32 is offline  
post #184 of 370 Old 07-26-2010, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Thank you for noticing. Like you said, it's not easy taking a living room setting, converting it into an inviting HT room and having everything look presentable.

The Paradigms actually blend quite well with the Logans. Ideally having all ML's is the ultimate way to go, but until I get another pair of Scripts (for L/R height surround use), the Paradigms are doing a good job.

The reason I chose Paradigm, was because I was very familiar with the sound, as my previous HT system was all Paradigm. And the small size and ease of set up of the Mini Monitors made them a sensible choice at the time. But now that I "finally" have the Scripts, I know that at some point soon I need to change the remaining two Paradigms.


Seth

It would be interesting to read any impressions you have of any change in sound.
prepress is offline  
post #185 of 370 Old 07-27-2010, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

It would be interesting to read any impressions you have of any change in sound.

What's most notably different now with the ML Scripts, is the rear channel presence. With the Paradigms the rear effects were always impressive, but with them being placed up higher on the wall the sound at times didn't have that reach out and grab you effect. With the Script panels being located lower and firing directly at the listening area, the rear effects have a bit more wow factor now. Panning effects are very smooth now as well.


Seth
ohyeah32 is offline  
post #186 of 370 Old 07-27-2010, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

What's most notably different now with the ML Scripts, is the rear channel presence. With the Paradigms the rear effects were always impressive, but with them being placed up higher on the wall the sound at times didn't have that reach out and grab you effect. With the Script panels being located lower and firing directly at the listening area, the rear effects have a bit more wow factor now. Panning effects are very smooth now as well.


Seth

That makes total sense to me. The same brand is always ideal for all speakers if you can get them. I'm really more a stereo guy than HT, but that's what I think. And the visual similarity of the new surrounds will help the presentation even more. The sound is more cohesive too, from what you say. Very good!
prepress is offline  
post #187 of 370 Old 07-29-2010, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

That makes total sense to me. The same brand is always ideal for all speakers if you can get them. I'm really more a stereo guy than HT, but that's what I think. And the visual similarity of the new surrounds will help the presentation even more. The sound is more cohesive too, from what you say. Very good!

Cohesive, that's a very good word to describe the sound. I'm not knocking the Paradigm's as they are some excellent surround speakers that I've used for many years. But besides the visual symmetry, the sound like you said is just more cohesive now with the ML rear surrounds. At some point in the very near future (6 months or so) I plan on adding another pair of ML Scripts to replace the remaining Paradigm L/R height channels.


Seth
ohyeah32 is offline  
post #188 of 370 Old 07-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Member
 
TORO3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That system looks freakin' incredible! I'm pretty sure I remember dreaming about it last night!
TORO3 is offline  
post #189 of 370 Old 08-02-2010, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORO3 View Post

That system looks freakin' incredible! I'm pretty sure I remember dreaming about it last night!

Thank you for the nice compliment on my setup.
ohyeah32 is offline  
post #190 of 370 Old 12-27-2010, 02:29 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,640
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Happy holidays Seth. It's been awhile seeing you hear my friend.

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
post #191 of 370 Old 12-27-2010, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 799
Hi Seth.

I hope you had a very merry Christmas, mi amigo.

Any big plans for the new years?

Cheers.

__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Waboman is online now  
post #192 of 370 Old 12-29-2010, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Happy holidays Seth. It's been awhile seeing you hear my friend.

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the late reply.

Happy Holidays to you also my friend. Yeah I haven't been around here as much lately, but I plan to spend a bit more time here in the coming year.


Seth
ohyeah32 is offline  
post #193 of 370 Old 12-29-2010, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Hi Seth.

I hope you had a very merry Christmas, mi amigo.

Any big plans for the new years?

Cheers.

Christmas was great! It was nice to spend time with family. There was so much good food and I ate more that I should have, but heck we only do this thing once a year (well three actually if you count in Thanksgiving and New Years ).

Yeah I have some big plans in store for 2011. A new display, whether it be a 70 inch 3D Plasma (which I hope is announced at CES), or a 3D front projector, is the plan. Also I'm "hoping" to get my AVP upgraded if Denon announces something at CES. If they do then it's a definite for me.

Other than that I have pretty much everything I want.

I do need to post some new pics of my HT room, as it has been completely renovated. Sometime in the coming weeks I'll do that.

So how about you, do you have any big plans for the new year?


Seth
ohyeah32 is offline  
post #194 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 12:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post
Christmas was great! It was nice to spend time with family. There was so much good food and I ate more that I should have, but heck we only do this thing once a year (well three actually if you count in Thanksgiving and New Years ).

Yeah I have some big plans in store for 2011. A new display, whether it be a 70 inch 3D Plasma (which I hope is announced at CES), or a 3D front projector, is the plan. Also I'm "hoping" to get my AVP upgraded if Denon announces something at CES. If they do then it's a definite for me.

Other than that I have pretty much everything I want.

I do need to post some new pics of my HT room, as it has been completely renovated. Sometime in the coming weeks I'll do that.

So how about you, do you have any big plans for the new year?


Seth
Lol. Oh my, Seth. I ate soooo many darn Christmas cookies. Everywhere I turned, there were more cookies. It was like they were taunting me to eat them. How could I resist?

I love your 3D plan. A 70" plasma will be incredible. Has anyone announced they will be offering a 3D 70" model? I guess we'll know in a few days at CES. Also, it will be nice to finally find out (hopefully) what Denons' plan for the AVP is.

Yes, you do need to post some pics of your newly renovated HT. I know it looks fantastic. What ever you do, you do it first class, amigo.

Hey, looking at the time, it's new years eve here. Whoo-hoo! The last day of the decade. Enjoy, my friend.

Salud.

__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Waboman is online now  
post #195 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 01:28 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,640
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Bring the pics Seth. Mate hope you enjoy your night, don't get too drunk. BTW Happy new year Seth best wishes for 2011

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
post #196 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post
Christmas was great! It was nice to spend time with family. There was so much good food and I ate more that I should have, but heck we only do this thing once a year (well three actually if you count in Thanksgiving and New Years ).

Yeah I have some big plans in store for 2011. A new display, whether it be a 70 inch 3D Plasma (which I hope is announced at CES), or a 3D front projector, is the plan. Also I'm "hoping" to get my AVP upgraded if Denon announces something at CES. If they do then it's a definite for me.

Other than that I have pretty much everything I want.

I do need to post some new pics of my HT room, as it has been completely renovated. Sometime in the coming weeks I'll do that.

So how about you, do you have any big plans for the new year?


Seth
70" plasma? If that shows up I suspect Panasonic.
prepress is offline  
post #197 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 05:54 AM
Member
 
hugo_2_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post
Christmas was great! It was nice to spend time with family. There was so much good food and I ate more that I should have, but heck we only do this thing once a year (well three actually if you count in Thanksgiving and New Years ).

Yeah I have some big plans in store for 2011. A new display, whether it be a 70 inch 3D Plasma (which I hope is announced at CES), or a 3D front projector, is the plan. Also I'm "hoping" to get my AVP upgraded if Denon announces something at CES. If they do then it's a definite for me.

Other than that I have pretty much everything I want.

I do need to post some new pics of my HT room, as it has been completely renovated. Sometime in the coming weeks I'll do that.

So how about you, do you have any big plans for the new year?


Seth


I cant wait to be amazed, AGAIN!!!!!!
hugo_2_9 is offline  
post #198 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Lol. Oh my, Seth. I ate soooo many darn Christmas cookies. Everywhere I turned, there were more cookies. It was like they were taunting me to eat them. How could I resist?

I love your 3D plan. A 70" plasma will be incredible. Has anyone announced they will be offering a 3D 70" model? I guess we'll know in a few days at CES. Also, it will be nice to finally find out (hopefully) what Denons' plan for the AVP is.

Yes, you do need to post some pics of your newly renovated HT. I know it looks fantastic. What ever you do, you do it first class, amigo.

Hey, looking at the time, it's new years eve here. Whoo-hoo! The last day of the decade. Enjoy, my friend.

Salud.

Yeah same here, so many treats just wanting me to eat them. Home made turnovers, apple pies, cherry pies, pumpkin pies, cookies, and a whole lot of other things.

Yeah, a 70 inch plasma would be amazing! Nothing is concrete, but there are rumors that a 70 inch Panasonic Plasma with Kuro technology is in the works. Hopefully something will be announced at CES. And like you you said, here's hoping that Denon mentions something about an upgrade for the AVP.

Yeah some pics of the room will be shared soon.

Yup, it's the last day of 2011 (at least here in our part of the world). For our friends in other part of the world it's already the beginning of a whole new year.

Happy New Year to you mi amigo and a Happy New Year to all!


Seth
ohyeah32 is offline  
post #199 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Bring the pics Seth. Mate hope you enjoy your night, don't get too drunk. BTW Happy new year Seth best wishes for 2011

Hi Frank,

Yes, some pics of the new look are definitely coming soon.

Enjoy your night (or early morning over there) and have a Happy New Year!! Best wishes to you as well for 2011.


Seth
ohyeah32 is offline  
post #200 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

70" plasma? If that shows up I suspect Panasonic.

Unconfirmed word is that Panasonic is working on a 70 inch plasma with Kuro technology. I guess we'll find out at CES.

BTW Happy New Year!!


Seth
ohyeah32 is offline  
post #201 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_2_9 View Post

I cant wait to be amazed, AGAIN!!!!!!

Thanks.
ohyeah32 is offline  
post #202 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hey Seth what's with getting the small 70" Plasma. Go for the gusto and get the 4Kx2K 152" Plasma that I saw at CEDIA.



Hope your 2011 will allow you to get a real TV.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is offline  
post #203 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Member
 
KahunaCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: White Rock, BC
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Woohoo, go Seth...152" all the way!

Happy New Year!

KahunaCanuck is offline  
post #204 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Unconfirmed word is that Panasonic is working on a 70 inch plasma with Kuro technology. I guess we'll find out at CES.

BTW Happy New Year!!


Seth

Somehow, that just seems wrong to me. I can't explain it. Oh, well. And Happy New Year to you, too.
prepress is offline  
post #205 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 11:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 799
HAPPY NEW YEAR, Seth!!





__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Waboman is online now  
post #206 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 7,324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Hey Seth what's with getting the small 70" Plasma. Go for the gusto and get the 4Kx2K 152" Plasma that I saw at CEDIA.



Hope your 2011 will allow you to get a real TV.

Lol. I can totally see Seth getting this. It's right up his alley.

__________________________________________

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
Waboman is online now  
post #207 of 370 Old 12-31-2010, 11:15 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,640
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post


Lol. I can totally see Seth getting this. It's right up his alley.

How much are they worth??

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
post #208 of 370 Old 01-01-2011, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

How much are they worth??

That's a good question Frank. Probably a bit too much.
ohyeah32 is offline  
post #209 of 370 Old 01-01-2011, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
ohyeah32 is offline  
post #210 of 370 Old 01-01-2011, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
ohyeah32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Land of Enchantment
Posts: 2,673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Hey Seth what's with getting the small 70" Plasma. Go for the gusto and get the 4Kx2K 152" Plasma that I saw at CEDIA.



Hope your 2011 will allow you to get a real TV.

Now that I can definitely see in my HT room!
ohyeah32 is offline  
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Martin Logan , Marantz Av8801 , Toshiba Hd Xa2 1080p Hd Dvd Player , Sony Bdp S300 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Lg Electronics 84lm9600 84 Inch Uhd 4k , Ads Technologies
Gear in this thread - S300 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off