Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJTrance View Post

Oh LAWD!!!! That's sick man. Unreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

That place looks great--and I love the industrial-style ducts up top. This is the first time I've seen Vienna Acoustic speakers that I can actually lust over. Excellent choice of gear!

lol thanks guys, glad you like it
post #183 of 230 Old 04-12-2011, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
BTW - You couldn't have picked a better speaker for your taste in semi-industrial dwellings. The Viennas are much kinder than most when dealing with all of the hard bare surfaces.

Do you find that you can have some fun with the volume level of the system in an apartment setting, or do you have to keep it low out of respect for the neighbors?
post #184 of 230 Old 04-12-2011, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJD View Post

Very, very nice! You are now 3 for 3 on sweet spaces - you sure you're a young college graduate?

Out of curiosity - did you step down to a 3.0 (or 3.1) setup?

Thanks EJD. Yeah, I'm a young guy but I worked my ass off in college balancing full time job with full time school (so I kind of rewarded myself with audio gear). I landed a nice job once I graduated, but I had to move across country so I ended up selling some of my more expensive pieces (turntable, pre-amp, and sub) to help fund my move. After a while I sold my surrounds and have been sitting on 3.0 for 8 months now. I'm actually very content with it and how it sounds. I'll eventually build it back up but for now I'm happy.
post #185 of 230 Old 04-12-2011, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisponge View Post

Big Red -

You are a baller!

Sick pad!

I'm jealous.

Congrats!

Thanks hifi, but I'm only a wannabe compared to you!
post #186 of 230 Old 04-12-2011, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisponge View Post

BTW - You couldn't have picked a better speaker for your taste in semi-industrial dwellings. The Viennas are much kinder than most when dealing with all of the hard bare surfaces.

Do you find that you can have some fun with the volume level of the system in an apartment setting, or do you have to keep it low out of respect for the neighbors?

Agreed. Thankfully the new place actually has some carpet to help. I can already tell since its no longer an echo chamber lol. The Viennas have been great here.

I can play as loud as I want. I have a few feet of concrete above and below me and some sort of extra fire proofing isolation in-between. I've never once heard a neighbor and not once have they heard me . Thankfully its not your typical apartment complex.
post #187 of 230 Old 04-13-2011, 12:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigred7078 View Post
Thanks hifi, but I'm only a wannabe compared to you!
Now if I only hadn't dropped all that money on all those speakers, I might be able to afford a place as nice as yours.
post #188 of 230 Old 04-13-2011, 12:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Agreed. Thankfully the new place actually has some carpet to help. I can already tell since its no longer an echo chamber lol. The Viennas have been great here.

I can play as loud as I want. I have a few feet of concrete above and below me and some sort of extra fire proofing isolation in-between. I've never once heard a neighbor and not once have they heard me . Thankfully its not your typical apartment complex.
That's pretty awesome. I'll be looking for a place soon, as my wife and I are separating, and I don't think I'll be so lucky as to find one that is pre-sound-proofed.
post #189 of 230 Old 07-06-2011, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

New seating arrangements to relax in while jammin' to some tunes

post #190 of 230 Old 07-06-2011, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Threads like this make me realize I most likely make the least amount of money compared to everyone on avs... I clearly need a money making career. Which Idk where to start
post #191 of 230 Old 07-06-2011, 08:20 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Threads like this make me realize I most likely make the least amount of money compared to everyone on avs... I clearly need a money making career. Which Idk where to start

I don't think that style and money is synonymous. You can use paint and a few nice pieces to make your place look amazing. I've done a lot of my place on the cheap and several of my things are used from craigslist and even from Ikea. Find a vision, learn the rules of home decor and make your place your own.
post #192 of 230 Old 07-06-2011, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My setup pales in comparison to some peoples here but do realize a lot of this stuff was bought one piece at a time.

And to put this in perspective this is what I started with about 5 years ago in a college apartment...

While some money is a necessary to get going, I'd say time and patience are more important.
post #193 of 230 Old 07-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 24
hey I see you've got a pretty impressive sub in your apartment. I just recently went with a rather stout sub (Outlaw LFM-1 EX) and even though it's on a Gramma I'm still worried it'll project and absolutely drive my neighbors to no end...how do you get away with it in an apartment?

My Setup
Stage 1 - Enthusiasm
Stage 2 - Realism
Stage 3 - Obsession
Stage 4 - Acceptance

Which stage are you on?
post #194 of 230 Old 07-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

it all depends on what you focus spending your money on. Right now I'm a medical resident and while it pays okay it certainly isn't what I'd call great cash and I still afford to play with a few toys here and there. It's really what you find is important. For me, I like my audio.

Anyways 2 more years and I'll be done and the Home Theater 3.0 uber upgrade will be in my plans.

My Setup
Stage 1 - Enthusiasm
Stage 2 - Realism
Stage 3 - Obsession
Stage 4 - Acceptance

Which stage are you on?
post #195 of 230 Old 07-06-2011, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post

hey I see you've got a pretty impressive sub in your apartment. I just recently went with a rather stout sub (Outlaw LFM-1 EX) and even though it's on a Gramma I'm still worried it'll project and absolutely drive my neighbors to no end...how do you get away with it in an apartment?

Its all about where you live...

My place is fortunate enough to have a few feet of concrete between each floor and impeccable sound proofing between units. I have NEVER once heard a neighbor and I've never been able to hear my system when i'm jammin and step out into the hall. I'm in a nice situation currently. However, I have lived at places with thin walls so to speak. My advice to you is to meet your neighbors, learn at what level the system is just way to loud and annoying, learn to rock out when your neighbors are not home/at work and use your system at acceptable hours. For most apartment dwellers the home theater experience has to be a compromise. Do this and all should be fine...(unless you have sensitive neighbors and poorly constructed apartment < if this is the case then may god help you lol)
post #196 of 230 Old 07-06-2011, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJTrance View Post

I don't think that style and money is synonymous. You can use paint and a few nice pieces to make your place look amazing. I've done a lot of my place on the cheap and several of my things are used from craigslist and even from Ikea. Find a vision, learn the rules of home decor and make your place your own.

I'll try that approach. I've gotten a little better toys over the best few years. I'll post up my setup once I'm done moving. I literally just moved 3 days ago. So its a mess lol.
Quote:

My setup pales in comparison to some peoples here but do realize a lot of this stuff was bought one piece at a time.

And to put this in perspective this is what I started with about 5 years ago in a college apartment...

While some money is a necessary to get going, I'd say time and patience are more important.

Clearly college worked well for you. Only 5 years ago and you have a place that looks down right amazing. Need college advice lol.

Quote:

it all depends on what you focus spending your money on. Right now I'm a medical resident and while it pays okay it certainly isn't what I'd call great cash and I still afford to play with a few toys here and there. It's really what you find is important. For me, I like my audio.

Anyways 2 more years and I'll be done and the Home Theater 3.0 uber upgrade will be in my plans.

Yeah. I guess I didn't realize most of these are from adding on over the years. I actually came to this thread because of the title. Apartment set up... Not house. I feel as if I'm the only person who rents lol. Let alone my apartment isn't half as nice as the one in this picture. I'm currently a college student and have no idea what to major in. Something that makes decent money is ideal.
post #197 of 230 Old 07-06-2011, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm complaining or something. I'm not. I find your pictures amazing and dream of being able to have a set up as nice as I've seen on threads like these. I'm a college kid right now. Most people don't give advice on what makes decent money lol.
post #198 of 230 Old 07-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm currently a college student and have no idea what to major in. Something that makes decent money is ideal.

Find something that interests you and pursue it. Just make sure it's something that interests you and also has a career option. I know too many people that picked something and then had no job lined up after having such a "high education."

As for back on topic with the audio setup...I had hand me down radio shack front speakers, freebie bose rears, a $250 subwoofer, and the lowest of the low budget Denon AVR for around $300 as my starter rig back in a college dorm. I just built the system in pieces (as I'm sure the original poster here did as well). Don't think either me or him just went out and dropped $5000 to make the system we've got.

Quote:

My place is fortunate enough to have a few feet of concrete between each floor and impeccable sound proofing between units. I have NEVER once heard a neighbor and I've never been able to hear my system when i'm jammin and step out into the hall. I'm in a nice situation currently. However, I have lived at places with thin walls so to speak. My advice to you is to meet your neighbors, learn at what level the system is just way to loud and annoying, learn to rock out when your neighbors are not home/at work and use your system at acceptable hours. For most apartment dwellers the home theater experience has to be a compromise. Do this and all should be fine...(unless you have sensitive neighbors and poorly constructed apartment < if this is the case then may god help you lol)

My apartment is new construction (2005'ish) and a nice area but I don't know how well it's insulated.

I'm on the 1st floor of a 3 story building (and I have the entire 1st floor so those are my only 2 neighbors). My friend on the 3rd hears me and can hear the 2nd floor but I never hear any of them so I don't know what to make of it. I'm trying to be "smart" since I got the Outlaw but that thing is batshit nuts. LOL. I had a friend come over Saturday night and he had me blasting Battle Los Angeles and Tron Legacy. I went on radio silence Sunday and so far I think I'm "okay"

My Setup
Stage 1 - Enthusiasm
Stage 2 - Realism
Stage 3 - Obsession
Stage 4 - Acceptance

Which stage are you on?
post #199 of 230 Old 07-07-2011, 03:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

New seating arrangements to relax in while jammin' to some tunes

Is the Dr. Pepper can part of the furniture?

Seriously, nice, clean setup. That makes it easier to relax and enjoy, I think.
post #200 of 230 Old 07-07-2011, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Find something that interests you and pursue it. Just make sure it's something that interests you and also has a career option. I know too many people that picked something and then had no job lined up after having such a "high education."

As for back on topic with the audio setup...I had hand me down radio shack front speakers, freebie bose rears, a $250 subwoofer, and the lowest of the low budget Denon AVR for around $300 as my starter rig back in a college dorm. I just built the system in pieces (as I'm sure the original poster here did as well). Don't think either me or him just went out and dropped $5000 to make the system we've got.

My apartment is new construction (2005'ish) and a nice area but I don't know how well it's insulated.

I'm on the 1st floor of a 3 story building (and I have the entire 1st floor so those are my only 2 neighbors). My friend on the 3rd hears me and can hear the 2nd floor but I never hear any of them so I don't know what to make of it. I'm trying to be "smart" since I got the Outlaw but that thing is batshit nuts. LOL. I had a friend come over Saturday night and he had me blasting Battle Los Angeles and Tron Legacy. I went on radio silence Sunday and so far I think I'm "okay"

Hmm. Thanks for the tip. I've honestly been thinking about being a teacher. It's something I know ill love. Just don't know about the money. Suppose I could work up to a college professor though. I'd still enjoy that. That or a Dean.
post #201 of 230 Old 07-07-2011, 11:11 AM

Great setup. Quick question. I too own a 46" Samsung, and due to my apartment's layout, my main seating area is a bit further from my TV than I'd like. What's the approximate distance from your TV to main seating area?

Thanks,
post #202 of 230 Old 07-07-2011, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

Is the Dr. Pepper can part of the furniture?

Seriously, nice, clean setup. That makes it easier to relax and enjoy, I think.

Haha well since there is usually a can of Dr. Pepper around I'd say it Certainly is part of the furniture . Thanks prepress!
post #203 of 230 Old 07-07-2011, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qjones View Post

Great setup. Quick question. I too own a 46" Samsung, and due to my apartment's layout, my main seating area is a bit further from my TV than I'd like. What's the approximate distance from your TV to main seating area?

Thanks,

Thanks qjones. Id say I sit about 11' or so back max. It was a shock at first when I moved to this apartment because I've been used to sitting about 8' or 9' for the past few years. I'm fine with it now though. Personally I'd prefer a 55" but at this point I can't justify a new tv when this one works perfectly fine. But dont worry, You will adjust to the distance after a few weeks.
post #204 of 230 Old 07-12-2011, 11:05 AM

Haha - Thanks a lot; I just rearranged my place and I'm now siting 6-6.5' from my set. The previous 14' was just too far. Glad I made the swap. Now go out and grab that new set!
post #205 of 230 Old 07-12-2011, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

That's part of the reason I moved from my last place. Here, I've had no problem with anyone. Neighbors claim they don't hear the system. I never blast, though volume has gotten rather healthy at times (when I've had company). You can hear things in the hallway, but not inside apartments.
post #206 of 230 Old 07-12-2011, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
I love the couches. I think I might go all leather next time I buy couches.
post #207 of 230 Old 03-23-2012, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Long time no see everyone! I signed a new home build contract back in December and the house is coming close to completion! Closing will be April 30th. I can't wait to get all set up in the new house, until then here are some pics:

New tv stand
post #208 of 230 Old 03-23-2012, 11:44 PM

Congrats on your new house.
post #209 of 230 Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 PM

Nice to see more people in Charlotte. Quality set up and what apartments were those downtown?

im purple!
xbl:pumbaa071
psn:antishock
post #210 of 230 Old 04-11-2012, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miketr75 View Post

Congrats on your new house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa071 View Post

Nice to see more people in Charlotte. Quality set up and what apartments were those downtown?

Thanks!

The apartment complex is Camden Cotton Mills. It's a super nice place, they are currently remodeling the apartments and making them even better. They just finished renovating the terrace and it looks amazing. Again, thanks for the comments.
Reply What's Your System Configuration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page