Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #91 of 156 Old 04-29-2011, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I've got the CB3 HD and PS Audio PerfectWave P5 Power Plant in my system and by now fully burned in! Sound great!

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 156 Old 04-30-2011, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Details and Photos please!!!
post #93 of 156 Old 05-01-2011, 12:55 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberbrown
Details and Photos please!!!
+1 I agree pics please Steve

Frank
post #94 of 156 Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Sorry for the delay Steve, but I demoed Steves dedicated music theater a few years back, but demoed it again recently and the wow effect was even greater then the first time I experienced it.

Steve, well done on your design and installation. I was impressed with the new Aerials, the demo of Avatar in 2:35:1 and the adjustable Stewart, with all the HD color and clarity. I was also blown away from your demo of the classical music, (bass) when the three subs were turned off, then my hair got messed up when you turned them back on!

You have the best home theater in AVS bro.

Scott

hometheaterguyaz@yahoo.com

A veteran is someone who, wrote a blank check Made Payable to 'The USA, ' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'
post #95 of 156 Old 07-19-2011, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post

I've got the CB3 HD and PS Audio PerfectWave P5 Power Plant in my system and by now fully burned in! Sound great!

Since then, I have taken out and added to my system as follows:

OUT:
Theta Digital Six Shooter
Marantz UD9004 blu ray & universal player
Oppo BDP-93 blu ray & universal player
PS Audio Power Plant Premier

IN:
Theta Digital Compli Blue blu ray & universal player
2nd PS Audio PerfectWave P5 Power Plant
Atlona AT-HD4-V41 HDMI Switcher
D-Link Boxee Box

I luv it!!!@@@

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
post #96 of 156 Old 12-05-2011, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Just added Bryston BDP-1 Media Player (up to 192-24 stereo). Sounds fantastic and easily best redbook and higher rez audio ever in my theater/audio room. Apple IPad2 as remote controller showing tracks and album art!

post #97 of 156 Old 03-17-2012, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Just got Apple iPod 3rd Generation yesterday - replacing the iPod2. My wife luvs using the iPod2 particularly for Scrabble. HA!

post #98 of 156 Old 03-17-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post

Just got Apple iPod 3rd Generation yesterday - replacing the iPod2. My wife luvs using the iPod2 particularly for Scrabble. HA!

Wow great HT with serious gears. Thanks for sharing
post #99 of 156 Old 04-21-2012, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGI View Post

Theta will being shipping the new 6 Channel Fully Balanced Digi Output Card starting this week.

I have attached a picture of the card ! Its very nice and check out the 6 XLR's on one card, who would have ever thought this possible.

The card will plug and play in a CB3HD machine with a software update (V2.16 and Tdd 2.03) which we have available for people who purchase the card. The new Software doesn't change anything else except add the ability for the new card to function so don't run out and install this software for no reason.

The specs are awesome. The card will immediately have 24/96K output and everything coming to it will be up-sampled to 96K for feeds to the Gen VIII S3. The card fully supports 192K output and when the new PR3 Card becomes available and the internal bus speeds are running at 192K internally the Digiout will automatically then output 192K to the Gen VIII S3.

I am very excited and I know you guys will be as well as this is more proof that Theta is doing it right and bringing us the finest American Designed and Built high end audio products.

Thanks
Craig

Thank you Craig. Just installed the new Digiout card and CB3 HD firmware
(only to be used if one has new Digiout card). WOW!

post #100 of 156 Old 04-21-2012, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

As of last nite:

I am very sore - right hip. Doesn't take too much. But I am the first AVSer with an installed brand new with 6 AES/EBU outputs Digiout card!!!@@@

And playing 96-24 music now through the CB3 HD, using Gen VIII Series 3 DAC for front left and right, sounds outstanding. I will at some point do some ABing of CB3 HD & Gen VIII vs only Gen VIII. But I know how my system sounds, and before, I could hear the downsampling of the old Digiout card vs when I only used the Gen VIII for stereo. Now, I don't hear the downsampling, I hear all those extra "vibrations" and better sonics, and now I get to use my surrounds if I feel like it and definitely use my subs.
Very impressive!

The new card snapped into place real easy. The software revision was quick and easy - note, the firmware upgrade does not work with USB (I tried), works fine with the RS232 port, and my laptop has a Keyspan USB to RS232 adapter.

Damn. Still can't believe it. Good thing April Fools passed weeks ago.

The new Digiout card apparently has tiny circuits on the board compared to the old one.

post #101 of 156 Old 04-21-2012, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Right now, any music higher rez than 96-24 (176-24 and 192-24) will not play using the CB3 HD,same as before. My understanding is that with the Dirac upgrade later this year, the CB3 HD will then handle those higher res 176 and 192 fine via Digiout into Gen VIII Series 3.

Right now, I am listening to a 2L album, 96-34, Iver Kleive "Orgelmusikken fra deUSYNLIGE (T". Damn, the organs are cool and deep. Sounded great before listening just with Gen VIII and front left and right speakers. Now I am listening via CB3 HD - Gen VIII combo, in DPL2x using all five main speakers and three subs. WOW!!!!

Its on this classical with great low bass, organ, etc that I can really appreciate being able to for now have no downsampling on music from my Bryston BDP-1.

post #102 of 156 Old 04-22-2012, 11:02 PM

Steve, Just curious if you've had a chance to listen to the new 7T's and what your thoughts are comparing them to the model 9's?
post #103 of 156 Old 04-23-2012, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb450r View Post

Steve, Just curious if you've had a chance to listen to the new 7T's and what your thoughts are comparing them to the model 9's?

I've heard great things about the 7Ts. Haven't heard them yet. We don't have a local Aerial dealer to stock the 7Ts here in the Phoenix area.

post #104 of 156 Old 05-24-2012, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Back in March 1997, when I started to equip my brand new home theater addition to my home, I picked up 6 Classic Lifestyles leather recliners at a great price (then MSRP $3200 each, EGADS!) through a designer friend.

Over the years, the leather hasn't worn all. Recliners feel like new, except -
the manual reclining mechanisms. A few broke. A few work some. I've had them repaired over the years but the problem has long been that the company went out of business, and no parts available to repair the reclining part properly.

A few years back my wife got her way in family room and put in a few leather Lazy Boy recliners. They are nice. The manual recliners work fine. I don't use that room that much, and now at age 59 and a right problematic hip I really don't care to use my legs to push the reclining part back in when I get off.
Though its much easier with the Lazy Boys than the ones in my theater room.

A good thing about Lazy Boy is they've been around forever, they give a lifetime warranty on the frame and reclining part, which if I recall correctly they pay parts and you pay labor. The power mechanism is belt drive,cheap nd easy to repair if needed. Shouldn't have a problem getting their recliners repaired if need be. For me this is important after my last experience.

We have had those Copenhagen recliners which I once thought were so darn comfortable. I used on in my old theater downstairs. They do not compare to my current leather recliners in my theater, but read on, for Lasy Boy is a real surprise.

Recently I decided to explore new theater chairs. I thought I'd look up Lazy Boy to see if they have anything for home theater, with cup holders, etc.
A few years ago when we bought some stuff from them I don't recall any specific home theater stuff.

Online I saw their theater Legends collection,which uses a console between each set of two leather recliners. Each console has two cupholders side by side. The recliners may come with a power mechanism for about $300 per recliner extra at MSRP. Power part is only a 3 year warranty, again, belt driver easy to repair.

I noticed onlinen that this theater Legends recliners are pretty high in the back. I typically don't like that because often I want to have my head and ears above the back of the recliner/chair to best hear all the music and surround sound. But I thought I'd go demo them anyway.

How I was so surprised. First of all, I can easily adjust how I sit and recline so that I sit up a bit, while reclining, so that my head and ears are above the back leather top of the recliner - which I do in my current recliners. The power control, a large flat circular on the side, is easy to use, just press to very top to start reclining, the very bottom to go back towards to the unreclined position. you can pause it anywhere you like, infinitely, its not steps. Damn they are so comfortable. No more fumbling to get the reclining mechanism to come out like my current theater recliners.No more kicking with my feet to get the mechansim to retract, a real pain in the - hip!

I brought my wife in and - presto, she was convinced quick! she was all against me getting new recliners, until she sat in one.

I think the power recliners are quite new for Lazy Boy. the Sales Manager told me that the company was reluctant to go this route on the home theater chairs, as the very nature of using power reclining necessitated giving a lesser warranty (discussed above) of only 3 years on the power mechanism (vs life warranty otherwise). Now I have sat is some other power recliners, even at lazy Boy. Let me tell you. This power recliner kicks ass.

Ordered them a month ago. Should be here in the next month or two.

If you order three recliners, with two cupholder consoles in between each pair, then the center recliner will work only by pulling a string and is not power. That was almost a deal breaker for me. Its so much easier doing everythiing (sex included for you young studs) when you have POWER!

For my front two, three recliners and two consoles were too wide,
What we did is we got three recliners and one console. The "solo" recliner will simply sit next to one of the other recliners directly and there simply will be no cupholder there, but the two recliners will share the same armrest
"inbetween" them. The other two recliners wil share the two cupholder console between them. Also, I measured, and this permits my center recliner to be direct in front of the center speaker (I have full range Aerial 9s at 2, 4, 8 and 10 o'clock, with Aerial CC5 center directly in front of me). My back row is elevated 8" on a riser/platform. I often like listening to two channel music
(whether i synthesize multi-channel with my Thehta CB3 HD - Gen VIII Series 3 DAC combo or just listen in stereo) in the center back. To do this,
I am only going to have two recliners with one console in the back row,
as this permits the far left recliner to place me directly in center! So I ordered five recliners and two consoles, black leather. I got the lowest grade black leather, its the cheapest, but all leathers wear well, and frankly, unless you are a conosseur you will not know the difference. I know I won't.

Here's a photo from the Lazy Boy website!
LL

post #105 of 156 Old 06-06-2012, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

My new Lazy Boy leather motorized recliners will be here Saturday!!@@@

post #106 of 156 Old 06-07-2012, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 80
That's really cool. Hopefully you can take some pics so we can check them out. I have been very satisfied with my manual Harbor Town Lazy Boy recliners. They are very comfy and I had someone fall asleep in one of them more than one time. I am sure the ones you bought will be just as nice and having them automatic is really cool. Again, make sure to take some pics.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
post #107 of 156 Old 06-10-2012, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Here's a picture of my new La-Z-Boy Legend power leather recliners. Arrived yesterday. They are really comfortable and "infinitely" power adjustable, a really neat feature. Now I can recline a whole movie without my right hip bother me, for me a big plus! My previous recliners, traditional non-power, just didn't get me comfortable cause of my hip. 448

Also added a DarbeeVision Darblet DVP5000 video processor.

post #108 of 156 Old 06-10-2012, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 80
They look great Steve. Glad you think they are as comfortable as I think mine are smile.gif.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
post #109 of 156 Old 07-03-2012, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Steve:

I just went through this whole thread and it was a walk down memory lane for me. Back when you initially built out this theater I was living in Peoria, AZ (by Arrowhead Mall) and you were nice enought to invite me over for a view of the theater. Hard to believe that was almost 15 years ago in the early days of HD. I had a giant combo c-band/ku-band dish in the back yard and was running a 4Dtv high def receiver into my 40" Panasonic RPTV!

I've never built a dedicated home theater but I am sitting here in my North Texas living room watching movies on a 60" Samsung LED LCD with my Linn and Proceed based system and life is good. We've come a long way baby!

I was impressed with your theater back in '98 and I'm sure I'd be blown away with everything you've done since. I'm sure you don't remember me but I surely remember you and your amazing theater!

Cheers,

Steve

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.
My current SACD list
post #110 of 156 Old 07-03-2012, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

If I was to see you in person I would probably remember you!

thanks for the kind thoughts!!@@

Yea, I am truly amazed how far my audio and video have improved over the years. Never could have expected this!

post #111 of 156 Old 07-05-2012, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Company headquarters is still in Scottsdale. I may just have to look you up. If I remember right, you were the one that turned me on to the guy that was selling PS Audio Power Plants back then also. I still have 2 P300's and I'm thinking about researching what they are currently producing.

Cheers,

Steve

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.
My current SACD list
post #112 of 156 Old 07-05-2012, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post

Company headquarters is still in Scottsdale. I may just have to look you up. If I remember right, you were the one that turned me on to the guy that was selling PS Audio Power Plants back then also. I still have 2 P300's and I'm thinking about researching what they are currently producing.
Cheers,
Steve

Absolutely. PM me before you come to Scottsdale, and I'll PM you my cell #.

As for PS Audio, I have two of their P5 Power Plants for about the past 15 months!

post #113 of 156 Old 01-08-2013, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post

Photos of my brand spankin' new Theta Compli Blu 3D!!@@@tongue.gif

Pictures of my new Theta Digital Compli Blu 3d universal/blu ray transport, replacing my prior Theta Digital Compli Blu. Tne 3d version is based on the Oppo 95. Love it!tongue.gif

post #114 of 156 Old 01-15-2013, 07:18 PM
CIH USER

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Quote:

Pictures of my new Theta Digital Compli Blu 3d universal/blu ray transport, replacing my prior Theta Digital Compli Blu. Tne 3d version is based on the Oppo 95. Love it!tongue.gif

Looks nice Steve

Frank
post #115 of 156 Old 07-14-2013, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I just replaced the Bryston BDP-1 Media Player with:

Customized Music Server, by Small Green Computer, based on Computer Audiophile Series 3.0 (CAPS 3.0), with upgrades, fanless, quiet, will play ripped SACD 2 & multichannel ripped SACD ISO files at 176-24 over HDMI (to Theta Casablanca HD SSP) and also 2 channel music files up to 192-24 over USB (to Berkeley Audio Alpha USB, which converts USB to digital bnc coaxial and AES/EBU), using the latest version of JRiver Media Center, and using a 4TB Fantom Pro 7200 eSATA Drive for music storage (in near future plan to use NAS – network attached storage):

Case: Silverstone Crown Series SST-CW02B-MXR-USB3.0 (black) (all aluminum chassis)
Memory: Crucial 16GB DDR3 1600 kit (8GBx2), 240-pin DIMM (Model CT2KIT102464BD160B)
128GB SSD Samsung SSD MLC
Motherboard: Intel DH77EB / BOXDH77EB (2 USB 3.0 and 1 eSATA port)
Processor: Intel Core i7 i3770S
Sapphire HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 Ultimate video card
Power Supply: Kingwin Stryker Series STR-500
SOtM Power Noise Filter
SOtM tX-USBexp
Blu-Ray/DVD/CD player/burner

post #116 of 156 Old 07-14-2013, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:

I just replaced the Bryston BDP-1 Media Player with:

Customized Music Server, by Small Green Computer, based on Computer Audiophile Series 3.0 (CAPS 3.0), with upgrades, fanless, quiet, will play ripped SACD 2 & multichannel ripped SACD ISO files at 176-24 over HDMI (to Theta Casablanca HD SSP) and also 2 channel music files up to 192-24 over USB (to Berkeley Audio Alpha USB, which converts USB to digital bnc coaxial and AES/EBU), using the latest version of JRiver Media Center, and using a 4TB Fantom Pro 7200 eSATA Drive for music storage (in near future plan to use NAS – network attached storage):

Case: Silverstone Crown Series SST-CW02B-MXR-USB3.0 (black) (all aluminum chassis)
Memory: Crucial 16GB DDR3 1600 kit (8GBx2), 240-pin DIMM (Model CT2KIT102464BD160B)
128GB SSD Samsung SSD MLC
Motherboard: Intel DH77EB / BOXDH77EB (2 USB 3.0 and 1 eSATA port)
Processor: Intel Core i7 i3770S
Sapphire HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 Ultimate video card
Power Supply: Kingwin Stryker Series STR-500
SOtM Power Noise Filter
SOtM tX-USBexp
Blu-Ray/DVD/CD player/burner

Welcome to the world of JRiver! I've been using Media Center 18 since January.....MC19 is coming very soon, BTW (might be here already). 

post #117 of 156 Old 10-09-2013, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Yea, I am now using the new JRiver Media Center 19. My only upgrade in the past several months. But Theta Digital within the following several months will be upgrading/transforming my
Theta Casablanca III HD surround sound processor (originally purchased 1997 as Theta Casablanca (version 1) and faithfully upgraded as upgrades have been available ever since)
into the Theta Casablanca IV, which will have Dirac and a 192-24 DSP engine (but processing at 96-24 when Dirac is used).

post #118 of 156 Old 10-09-2013, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:

Yea, I am now using the new JRiver Media Center 19. My only upgrade in the past several months. But Theta Digital within the following several months will be upgrading/transforming my
Theta Casablanca III HD surround sound processor (originally purchased 1997 as Theta Casablanca (version 1) and faithfully upgraded as upgrades have been available ever since)
into the Theta Casablanca IV, which will have Dirac and a 192-24 DSP engine (but processing at 96-24 when Dirac is used).

Nice...when will the IV be released. I'm actually in the market for a processor. So they consistently upgraded it for each iteration. That's nothing short of outstanding. Dirac eh? So it's expanded beyond the purview of Datasat...I am quite intrigued.
post #119 of 156 Old 10-09-2013, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:

Theta Casablanca IV, which will have Dirac and a 192-24 DSP engine (but processing at 96-24 when Dirac is used).

Price? Availability? Is this a brand new platform or continued major upgrades to the original Casablanca?

I know Theta has had serious issues getting a platform with room correction. They are WAY behind the power curve. Do you think they will be more successful (as in reasonable availability) with this latest version.

I am potentially intrigued!!
post #120 of 156 Old 10-16-2013, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Check the ongoing Theta Digital thread at the 20k forum for all of this info!

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page