My Dedicated Audiophile Home Theater - Steve Bruzonsky - Page 6 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
post #151 of 164 Old 06-30-2014, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Just added the two Acoustic Sciences Corporation 22" X 22" X 15" high custom SubTraps, placed under each JL Audio f212 subwoofer.

Just changed out my wireless networking to three Linksys WRT1900AC routers, using two programmed as access points.
darthray likes this.

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 164 Old 07-05-2014, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
He who dies with the "best" home theater hardware...wins, lol!
darthray likes this.

A veteran is someone who, wrote a blank check Made Payable to 'The USA, ' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'
post #153 of 164 Old 07-15-2014, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I can't wrap my head around a $14,000 amp lol, I need to hear what they do in person and see if the price can be justified, badass set up though.
post #154 of 164 Old 07-25-2014, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Just added the two Acoustic Sciences Corporation 22" X 22" X 15" high custom SubTraps, placed under each JL Audio f212 subwoofer.

Just changed out my wireless networking to three Linksys WRT1900AC routers, using two programmed as access points.
I just skim through this tread and you Sir, have an amazing set-up

I am surprise that you did not receive more Thumb-up or like than what you got!!!
I gave you one at the end, but they were so many post that deserved-it, it would have look as I was trigger happy.

Beautifull room and lots of thought about all big and small details.

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
post #155 of 164 Old 09-04-2014, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
looks awesome

Vizio m801d
Oppo 103d
Paradigm studio 20's, cc 490, atom monitors, PSA XV15se
post #156 of 164 Old 09-18-2014, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Velodyne sms 1

Are you still using your Velodyne SMS 1? If so, how meny ms have you aded fore the SMS 1? Have the Gotham myself, but i dont knov how much delay i can add vith the Gotham & Velodyne SMS in a chain.
post #157 of 164 Unread Yesterday, 02:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OKAY I have to ask,,,,,,,,,,How much have you spent on all of this ......The original add-on to your home, guessing around 10K back in 1997? and after that???? Thanks John
post #158 of 164 Unread Today, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatuppa View Post
OKAY I have to ask,,,,,,,,,,How much have you spent on all of this ......The original add-on to your home, guessing around 10K back in 1997? and after that???? Thanks John
Seriously? You think building an additional wing with a home theater room, hallway and bathroom onto an existing home costs pocket change of 10K?
Or did you mean 100k and the 10k is a typo?

Regardless - I never discuss what I pay for stuff, too much of a "gentleman" for that. HA!

I will say I got a real good deal when I built my home theater addition. My office neighbor was then a contractor, they had a slow time, so they built it for me, with a lot of my own input, at a reasonable percent above their cost, and they did a fantastic job!

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
post #159 of 164 Unread Today, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlg View Post
I can't wrap my head around a $14,000 amp lol, I need to hear what they do in person and see if the price can be justified, badass set up though.
The Prometheus monoblocks retail MSRP is 12 grand per pair. I had the very first of these, in the whole wide world, outside of Theta Digital itself, back in Jan 2014!!! These monoblocks are one of twelve CEPro products of the year for 2014!!!

My home theater at:
post #160 of 164 Unread Today, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannachin View Post
Are you still using your Velodyne SMS 1? If so, how meny ms have you aded fore the SMS 1? Have the Gotham myself, but i dont knov how much delay i can add vith the Gotham & Velodyne SMS in a chain.
I was using two Velodyne SMS-1s with three Aerial SW-12 subwoofers. When I revamped by speakers and subwoofers January 2014 I sold the Aerial subs and quit using the SMS-1s as no longer need them based on (1) placement of the subs on ACS subwoofer stands just to the inside of the Prometheus monoblock amplifiers, such that placement is only 6" shy heightwise of the perfect placement per Art Noxon of ASC's calculations for where to place subwoofers in a rectangular room; (2) as sub placement is perfect width and length of roomsie per Art Noxon of ASC; and (3) my Theta Casablanca IV SSP has Dirac as well.

http://www.tubetrap.com/bass_traps_a...-theater-3.htm Art Noxon's article on subwoofer placement!

My home theater at:

Last edited by Steve Bruzonsky; Today at 10:38 AM.
post #161 of 164 Unread Today, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
I just skim through this tread and you Sir, have an amazing set-up

I am surprise that you did not receive more Thumb-up or like than what you got!!!
I gave you one at the end, but they were so many post that deserved-it, it would have look as I was trigger happy.

Beautifull room and lots of thought about all big and small details.

Ray
Thanks. Can't say I care about how many "thumbs up" I get. But thanks for yours. I will say that with "trigger happy" movies you can hear and feel the gunshots much better than the very best commercial movie theaters. HA!
markrubin and darthray like this.

My home theater at:
post #162 of 164 Unread Today, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

In recent months, my component changes are as follows:

Added a LG 55UB8500 55 inch 4k Ultra HDTV (under projection screen)

Changed from DireCTV HR24 HD DVR to DirecTV HR44 Genie with C41 Genie Client (the Genie shows a clearly better and more uniform brighter picture than the prior HR24).

Changed iPad from iPad3 to iPad Air 2

Changed HDMI Cabling from thick Blue Jeans BJC Series-1 HDMI cabling
(which even in short 6' runs I found had a bit better picture quality than their lower guage thinner HDMI cabling) to Monoprice 18Gbps Ultra Slim High Performance HDMI Cable w/ Redmere Technology (Except Blue Jeans BJC Series-1 HDMI cabling in wall to projector because its too much work to replace it if I don't need to). This Redmere technology is a small computer chip at each end of the cabling. I use only 6' HDMI cables because I have been advised by Lumagen and other experts that shorter HDMI cables can have reflections which lower the signal quality). These Monoprice cables are cheap and work as good or better than the much thicker cabling I was using previously. Not only does the Redmere technology ensure the signal coming in and the signal coming out are the same, but as the HDMI connectors and cables are lightweight, they connect perfectly and do not strain the HDMI connectors on the components.

My home theater at:
post #163 of 164 Unread Today, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Here's whats really scary!

Last year, after I changed to the two JL Audio F212 subwoofers, I also placed them on two custom ASC
(Acoustic Sciences Corporation) sub stands! We then placed the screen a foot higher on the front wall - we determined this was the highest we should go to maintain best video quality.

So my front three Aerial 7t speakers and two JL Audio F212 subwoofers now are all under the line of sight to the front screen! My prior speakers, Aerial 9s, were taller.

A few months ago, a brainstorm came to me. No longer am I limited with the width of my screen no wider than the present 10.5 feet (128.5 inches) (2.35 screen) - I can now go 14 - 15 feet wide! I am waiting for
4k technology to mature some, and likely in the next 1-3 years I may change to a new projector and screen at least 14' wide.

My home theater at:
post #164 of 164 Unread Today, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Thanks. Can't say I care about how many "thumbs up" I get. But thanks for yours. I will say that with "trigger happy" movies you can hear and feel the gunshots much better than the very best commercial movie theaters. HA!

+1
Anyone with dedicated room with proper equipment, room acoustic treatments and calibrated properly.
Can enjoy a movie with better results than any commercial movie theater.

Ray

Birthdays are good for you
The more you have
The longer you live
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page