Franin HT - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #301 of 1228 Old 07-30-2010, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Nice updated pictures. Now I really hate you. That looks like a fantastic room. I hope to have my center back soon. Now I am in the "I need a new HT pre but nothing fits my needs" mode. Hopefully soon something will be coming out. Again, awesome room.

Thanks Mike! What happened to your centre??

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 1228 Old 08-22-2010, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SJHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 1,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Your setup looks great! I have a similar sized room. What is your seating configuration? Thanks. SJ
SJHT is offline  
post #303 of 1228 Old 08-22-2010, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post

Your setup looks great! I have a similar sized room. What is your seating configuration? Thanks. SJ

Thanks SJ.

I only have one row of (4) seats which is just for my family. For me it's not worth doing 2 rows as the seats will never be filled and it would be a waste.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #304 of 1228 Old 08-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Senior Member
 
grassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Very nice, i am going the 117inch screen with the jvc990 projector soon. Your subs look neat. Really good setup.Kind regards

Fame is a mask that eats into the face.

grassy is offline  
post #305 of 1228 Old 08-24-2010, 02:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Thanks SJ.

I only have one row of (4) seats which is just for my family. For me it's not worth doing 2 rows as the seats will never be filled and it would be a waste.

Possibly the extra seats would affect the acoustics somehow, also. And unless you're into big-time entertaining, the seats weren't necessary anyway, as you imply. Simple is better, I think.
prepress is offline  
post #306 of 1228 Old 08-24-2010, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

Possibly the extra seats would affect the acoustics somehow, also. And unless you're into big-time entertaining, the seats weren't necessary anyway, as you imply. Simple is better, I think.

The thing is when I entertain I certainly don't do it in my HT room. I believe the best way to entertain is sit back with a few drinks,some nibbles and having a nice chat.
I never show guests my HT room. Most of them are not interested and if they want to watch a movie they can watch it in their own home.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #307 of 1228 Old 08-24-2010, 03:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post

Very nice, i am going the 117inch screen with the jvc990 projector soon. Your subs look neat. Really good setup.Kind regards

Thanks grassy

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #308 of 1228 Old 08-24-2010, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

The thing is when I entertain I certainly don't do it in my HT room. I believe the best way to entertain is sit back with a few drinks,some nibbles and having a nice chat.
I never show guests my HT room. Most of them are not interested and if they want to watch a movie they can watch it in their own home.

Bravo. The best activity of any visit, date, etc. is talking. Building relationship is important, anything else is secondary. On the rare occasion (recently) that I've had company for watching stuff, there's always time for relating first, usually over a meal. No one just comes, watches and leaves.
prepress is offline  
post #309 of 1228 Old 09-04-2010, 04:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Hi all Ive done some changes to my HT room, for one Ive removed my projector and placed in the other room. We had to cut through brick but it was hard work for the guys but at the end the finished product was fantastic.



With out the lens


Schneider Lens in place


Ive also purchased another Jl audio Fathom 112 which sits at the back behind me.


We had to cut a hole which leads to the next roo again through brick.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #310 of 1228 Old 09-04-2010, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
It's looking more and more like a movie theater, Franin, and a bit less like an HT.
prepress is offline  
post #311 of 1228 Old 09-04-2010, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ddgtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In A Government Yard In SacTown
Posts: 1,830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Frank, looking good! How the heck can you take such good pics in those tight spaces?? I agree with prepress above... Nice!!
ddgtr is offline  
post #312 of 1228 Old 09-04-2010, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

It's looking more and more like a movie theater, Franin, and a bit less like an HT.

Thanks prepress. Thats going to be the last updating for awhile.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #313 of 1228 Old 09-04-2010, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr View Post

Frank, looking good! How the heck can you take such good pics in those tight spaces?? I agree with prepress above... Nice!!

Thanks ddgtr, I got my snap and shoot camera climbed on a chair and took a shot.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #314 of 1228 Old 09-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Member
 
KahunaCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: White Rock, BC
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looks good!

How has the new sub impacted your sound?
KahunaCanuck is offline  
post #315 of 1228 Old 09-04-2010, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Looks awesome, Frank! Your HT is truly in a league of it's own. Have you done an Audyssey with your 3rd sub installed? If not, hurry up! I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on 3 subs.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #316 of 1228 Old 09-04-2010, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaCanuck View Post

Looks good!

How has the new sub impacted your sound?

Thank you, It's definitley a smoother response all round wherever you sit or stand. I'm running the front 2 as master and slave as sub 1 and the back as sub 2. But on the Avp I'm running them all as Sub 1 together. I was going to go for a 4th but due to the size of my room I've achieved it with 3.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #317 of 1228 Old 09-04-2010, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Looks awesome, Frank! Your HT is truly in a league of it's own. Have you done an Audyssey with your 3rd sub installed? If not, hurry up! I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on 3 subs.

Thank you buddy!! I have to say its definitely a great investment and as I replied to KahunaCanuck Ive reached a smooth response all round. Did some demoing last night and I was very happy with the end result. I thought I was going to need a 4th but I don't think so know. I guess especially with the size of my room there is no need. Im tired of doing Audyssey though. I will only do it if we get the Audyssey X32 upgrade which will eliminate the usage of the AS-EQ1.
BTW Happy Father Day!!

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #318 of 1228 Old 09-04-2010, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Thank you buddy!! I have to say its definitely a great investment and as I replied to KahunaCanuck Ive reached a smooth response all round. Did some demoing last night and I was very happy with the end result. I thought I was going to need a 4th but I don't think so now.

Riiiiiight. So when does the fourth Fathom arrive?

It's good to hear everything is rockin' and sounding smooth at the Franin HT. Any movies planned for this weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Im tired of doing Audyssey though. I will only do it if we get the Audyssey X32 upgrade which will eliminate the usage of the AS-EQ1.
BTW Happy Father Day!!

I hear ya. Audyssey can be a pain. Especially for you, since you're getting something new every other day.

A happy fathers day to you too. Our fathers day was back in June. But that's ok, you can still send me a card with a check in it.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #319 of 1228 Old 09-09-2010, 01:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post


Riiiiiight. So when does the fourth Fathom arrive?

It's good to hear everything is rockin' and sounding smooth at the Franin HT. Any movies planned for this weekend?

I hear ya. Audyssey can be a pain. Especially for you, since you're getting something new every other day.

A happy fathers day to you too. Our fathers day was back in June. But that's ok, you can still send me a card with a check in it.

Thanks buddy

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #320 of 1228 Old 09-14-2010, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,122
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Thanks Mike! What happened to your centre??

Think I missed this one. I had a blown tweeter. I sent it back to focal and I was able to get it fixed without any problem. Your room still looks fantastic. Keep up the great work on it. Like I said, my next move is to get a new preamp, probably the new Integra, and I am going to get an OPPO and go HDMI. The new preamp will also allow me to use room correction which I don't have now. But your room does look great. Congrats on the third sub also.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum .
My System

MIkeDuke is online now  
post #321 of 1228 Old 09-14-2010, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post


Think I missed this one. I had a blown tweeter. I sent it back to focal and I was able to get it fixed without any problem. Your room still looks fantastic. Keep up the great work on it. Like I said, my next move is to get a new preamp, probably the new Integra, and I am going to get an OPPO and go HDMI. The new preamp will also allow me to use room correction which I don't have now. But your room does look great. Congrats on the third sub also.

Thank you Mike

Sorry to hear about the tweeter I'm glad it got sorted. There usually quite robust was it like that when you purchased the centre?

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #322 of 1228 Old 09-14-2010, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,122
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Thank you Mike

Sorry to hear about the tweeter I'm glad it got sorted. There usually quite robust was it like that when you purchased the centre?

No. It was fine when I bought it. I had some people over to check out my system. I wanted to have it measured so I could see what was going on in my room. We had to disconnect and reconnect different things. We were turning the amps on and off a lot. I just think the tweeter said "I've had enough". But all is right with the world now .

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum .
My System

MIkeDuke is online now  
post #323 of 1228 Old 09-23-2010, 02:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
With three subs, I'm curious as to how far down the bass reaches now. Is it deeper or just more refined, or both?
prepress is offline  
post #324 of 1228 Old 09-23-2010, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

With three subs, I'm curious as to how far down the bass reaches now. Is it deeper or just more refined, or both?

Both!! But its not going to beat those subs that everybody keeps going on about where they reach insane db at very low hz. Because the size of the room there is a good amount of pressure I definitely can feel it. One stage I was aiming for that but didnt care for it anymore though the third sub definitely took care of it for me.

I run them as one and when i do the test tone you can hear the improvements I reckon if I had a 4 th Id be able to get rid of my AS-EQ1 and just run it through my AVP.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #325 of 1228 Old 09-23-2010, 04:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Evening Frank,

I think you are on the right track about the subs. Once you add the 4th one you might not need the EQ. I do not use an EQ on my 4 sub system and I run them all as one sub out on my Yammy. But I always wonder if I should get an EQ. It took me several weekends of tweaking before I got all my subs to play nice with each other.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is offline  
post #326 of 1228 Old 09-23-2010, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Evening Frank,

I think you are on the right track about the subs. Once you add the 4th one you might not need the EQ. I do not use an EQ on my 4 sub system and I run them all as one sub out on my Yammy. But I always wonder if I should get an EQ. It took me several weekends of tweaking before I got all my subs to play nice with each other.

Evening hometheatregeek.

I'd love a 4th sub I think the AVP audyssey will be able to take care of it. I'd run it first through AS EQ1 and if the before looks good then I will consider selling it.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #327 of 1228 Old 09-30-2010, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Well I bought my 4th Sub today. Im going calibrate it tonight once the kids go to sleep.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #328 of 1228 Old 10-03-2010, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ddgtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In A Government Yard In SacTown
Posts: 1,830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Sweet!!

So, how does it sound??
ddgtr is offline  
post #329 of 1228 Old 10-04-2010, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr View Post

Sweet!!

So, how does it sound??

Thanks ddgtr! Great know each seating position has know got great bass!!

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #330 of 1228 Old 10-27-2010, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,122
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 61
4 f112's must be quite nice. The room still looks great BTW. I have some big changes as well. I am retiring my Halo C2 and Esoteric DV50s and I bought an Integra 80.2 and an OPPO 83 BR player. I should have them installed next month. I hope the fact that I will be getting the full HD audio and room correction will really help my room sound better. But it see,s like you are still getting better as well . Although, I find it hard to believe that you could much more.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum .
My System

MIkeDuke is online now  
Reply What's Your System Configuration

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off