Franin HT - Page 21 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2011, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Monahan View Post

Thanks Frank

I'm considering buying a used RS20 to replace my RS2 as the new JVC's with 3D I could care less about. I only hope mine will be as sharp as yours.

What I would't give to watch a movie in your jaw dropping theater.

Tom

Thanks Tom for the kind words

The JVC RS20 would be awesome projector. Like you I dont care for the 3D.

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Member
 
ronaldjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MYS
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Frank,

I have been a follower of your great setup.
What Kimber are you running on?

Ron

ONKYO | EAD | SILNOTE | WIREWORLD | KIMBER | TARALABS | RPGC | PARADIGM | PBK Sub Calibration
ronaldjoe is offline  
Old 07-17-2011, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldjoe View Post

Hi Frank,

I have been a follower of your great setup.
What Kimber are you running on?

Ron

Thank you Ron.

Ill have to check for you as I those kimber power cables were custom made for me when I purchased the Furman.

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Senior Member
 
grassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Frank, i had a velodyne dd15+ sub installed last weekend and i was told that i needed some accoustic foam and noticed in your pics you have your room treated with it. Where do i pick some up from do you know. Kind regards Grassy

Fame is a mask that eats into the face.

grassy is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post

Frank, i had a velodyne dd15+ sub installed last weekend and i was told that i needed some accoustic foam and noticed in your pics you have your room treated with it. Where do i pick some up from do you know. Kind regards Grassy

Ultrafonics grassy

http://www.ultrafonic.com.au/Shop/fi...-Treatment.htm

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post

Frank, i had a velodyne dd15+ sub installed last weekend

Btw congrats on your purchase how is the velodyne dd15+? I heard there very good subs.

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Senior Member
 
grassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 20
What can i say The yamaha sub i had before the dd+ was not in the league of this so basically i am hearing quality for the first time with my current setup. Another thing to add is that this sub has been professionally installed and tested and measured(and even run in). something else i have noticed frank is that even though this sub is more powerful than my last, i can notice a difference in quality due to the fact that it is more realistic probably due to its collabaration and is not overly aggressive in its tone when it comes to the music side of things. For example in movies the sub is not constantly ringing and just making a noise so to speak, so when it kicks in, its there and then gone. So there is a definate following of the story line if you know what i mean not just this noise down low. It really is an experience for me to hear and feel,its a real home cinema product well worth the money and effort to get right. As you know frank quality does not come easy it takes work to build a good sound and that is what has been achieved with this sub and a lot of help from good people.Oh yea also will be getting my POA soon along with the sim2 ht380 and a 140 inch screen and matching anamorphic lens. So things are taking a step forward for me at the moment. I am planning on a package deal and just waiting for us to finish this kitchen and then things will hopefully will move ahead.Its a slow process and takes a lot of thinking. Every move is a problem to be solved Hey its what we do.Kind regards Grassy

Fame is a mask that eats into the face.

grassy is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 01:26 AM
Senior Member
 
grassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Oh and thanks for the link frank, sorry about that i got carried away talking.Regards Grassy

Fame is a mask that eats into the face.

grassy is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post

What can i say The yamaha sub i had before the dd+ was not in the league of this so basically i am hearing quality for the first time with my current setup. Another thing to add is that this sub has been professionally installed and tested and measured(and even run in). something else i have noticed frank is that even though this sub is more powerful than my last, i can notice a difference in quality due to the fact that it is more realistic probably due to its collabaration and is not overly aggressive in its tone when it comes to the music side of things. For example in movies the sub is not constantly ringing and just making a noise so to speak, so when it kicks in, its there and then gone. So there is a definate following of the story line if you know what i mean not just this noise down low. It really is an experience for me to hear and feel,its a real home cinema product well worth the money and effort to get right. As you know frank quality does not come easy it takes work to build a good sound and that is what has been achieved with this sub and a lot of help from good people.Oh yea also will be getting my POA soon along with the sim2 ht380 and a 140 inch screen and matching anamorphic lens. So things are taking a step forward for me at the moment. I am planning on a package deal and just waiting for us to finish this kitchen and then things will hopefully will move ahead.Its a slow process and takes a lot of thinking. Every move is a problem to be solved Hey its what we do.Kind regards Grassy

Hi Grassy
Yes I know where your coming from in regards of your sub. Its amazing when the difference is clearly heard puts a smile on your face everytime it works to your satisfaction. But your right the quality and calibrated subwoofer can improve your system immensely. I've had a few subs in my time and Im happy where I'm at now.

The POA is fantastic and can handle just about anything. I love the idea on how it can be bridged providing more power to your speakers. You won't be dissapointed.

SIM HT 380 is a beautiful projector my friend a quality choice. I'm sitting on the projector upgrade fence because I don't know where its all going to go. I'm waiting for the Jvc LED projector to hopefully be released soon. Proj are getting better and better every year Im looking forward in what 2012 will bring us.

What screen are you getting? And lens what are you opting for? C.I.H is the only way.

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 03:35 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post

Oh and thanks for the link frank, sorry about that i got carried away talking.Regards Grassy

Hey anytime my friend that's why were on this forum to share our passion of HT. Let me know how you go with the upgrades.

Cheers

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 05:35 AM
Senior Member
 
grassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 20
JVC are bringing out some good stuff at the moment, Led has a great image and light as far as i know. I am travelling to brisbane on saturday to talk with a salesperson who deals with sim2 projectors led and dlp, so i will have a sticky beak and this will help me come to a few more conclusions.The anamorphic motorised sim 2 lens C3XFlex and the screen technics cinema snap 235 with side masking is in with the package.The ht 380 projector and the poaa1hd all for $39,990.00 with a short throw lens and $40,990.00 with long throw lens or i can get all of the above with the domino 80E instead of the ht380 for $35,990.00 I dont know about you Frank but i dont really care much for 3D at the moment. Too much to go wrong, i would rather keep it simple when it comes to projectors and get a seperate projector totally dedicated to 3D if the need arises. 3D is still young. Thats the frame of mind i am in at the moment. I dunno i could be wrong about 3D.I have been known to be wrong before(you just ask my wife). I won her over with the subwoofer, she actually asked me if i wanted to watch a movie tonight i must be doing something right hey i will keep you informed. Anyways time for bed, goodnight bro.Kind regards Grassy

Fame is a mask that eats into the face.

grassy is offline  
Old 07-21-2011, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post

JVC are bringing out some good stuff at the moment, Led has a great image and light as far as i know. I am travelling to brisbane on saturday to talk with a salesperson who deals with sim2 projectors led and dlp, so i will have a sticky beak and this will help me come to a few more conclusions.The anamorphic motorised sim 2 lens C3XFlex and the screen technics cinema snap 235 with side masking is in with the package.The ht 380 projector and the poaa1hd all for $39,990.00 with a short throw lens and $40,990.00 with long throw lens or i can get all of the above with the domino 80E instead of the ht380 for $35,990.00 I dont know about you Frank but i dont really care much for 3D at the moment. Too much to go wrong, i would rather keep it simple when it comes to projectors and get a seperate projector totally dedicated to 3D if the need arises. 3D is still young. Thats the frame of mind i am in at the moment. I dunno i could be wrong about 3D.I have been known to be wrong before(you just ask my wife). I won her over with the subwoofer, she actually asked me if i wanted to watch a movie tonight i must be doing something right hey i will keep you informed. Anyways time for bed, goodnight bro.Kind regards Grassy

Like you Im not bothering with 3D at the moment. Regarding projector HT 380 is the way to go, its a descent projector you can't go wrong but then again the 80E is no slouch. Anyway looking forward in seeing the upgrades to your theatre.

Night!!

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 07-24-2011, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Good evening Frank. I have not looked at the WYSC thread in awhile and thought I would pop in and say Hi? I always get goosebumps when I look at your system. Hope you and your family are doing well.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is offline  
Old 07-24-2011, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Good evening Frank. I have not looked at the WYSC thread in awhile and thought I would pop in and say Hi? I always get goosebumps when I look at your system. Hope you and your family are doing well.

Hey buddy how are you? All is well just sitting back ank enjoying it now. Its good to see you pop in.

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 07-24-2011, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I'm feeling a little under the weather right now. I pulled a tick off of me on Thursday evening. I felt fine on Friday but started to feel worse yesterday. So I will need to go see the Doc Monday. Other then that we did watch True Grit yesterday afternoon. IMO it was a good movie but not my type of movie so I will not be adding it to my collection.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is offline  
Old 07-24-2011, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

I'm feeling a little under the weather right now. I pulled a tick off of me on Thursday evening. I felt fine on Friday but started to feel worse yesterday. So I will need to go see the Doc Monday. Other then that we did watch True Grit yesterday afternoon. IMO it was a good movie but not my type of movie so I will not be adding it to my collection.

Thats no good I have to admit I've never experienced a tick does it hurt?

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Member
 
teetee_trinidad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Frank,

Another Perth member here!
Love your setup.. i'm in the process of planning my theatre room for a nov/dec purchase from scratch.. still tossing up with CIH but yours definantly sells it well! My room is 5m x 3.8m so similar to yours..would love to see your setup in the future and ill supply the beers lol
im north of the river.. where abouts are you?
You can PM me if needed.

cheers,

Steve
teetee_trinidad is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 04:01 AM
Senior Member
 
grassy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hey frank how goes it. Denon are taking applications for the avp upgrade as I have filled out the application form on the audio products web site and faxed it through today with a copy of the purchase reciept. They will ring me when the time gets closer and the upgrade will cost $1499.00 which I find is reasonable for what we will get. Looking forward to it. have you sent your application in yet. Regards grassy

Fame is a mask that eats into the face.

grassy is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy
Hey frank how goes it. Denon are taking applications for the avp upgrade as I have filled out the application form on the audio products web site and faxed it through today with a copy of the purchase reciept. They will ring me when the time gets closer and the upgrade will cost $1499.00 which I find is reasonable for what we will get. Looking forward to it. have you sent your application in yet. Regards grassy
Hey grassy how are you doing? I've sent mine in also at $1499 you cant go wrong.I better check on Monday they received the fax. I couldn't find my receipt but they have my serial number.

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 08-12-2011, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by teetee_trinidad
Hey Frank,

Another Perth member here!
Love your setup.. i'm in the process of planning my theatre room for a nov/dec purchase from scratch.. still tossing up with CIH but yours definantly sells it well! My room is 5m x 3.8m so similar to yours..

cheers,

Steve
Hi Steve good to see another Perth member. I can highly recommend CIH its worth going down that road. Good time to be buying as there is plenty of deals out there.

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 08-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Member
 
JulienLN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Very impressive setup Franin. I think my face would melt off infront of all that fancy equipment.
JulienLN is offline  
Old 08-13-2011, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulienLN View Post

Very impressive setup Franin. I think my face would melt off infront of all that fancy equipment.

Thanks JulienLN

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 08-14-2011, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Franin,

I just went back and looked at your setup. This is an awesome system. If I had even the room to set up such gear I'd be happy.
prepress is offline  
Old 08-14-2011, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

Franin,

I just went back and looked at your setup. This is an awesome system. If I had even the room to set up such gear I'd be happy.

Thanks prepress

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 08-14-2011, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post

Hey frank how goes it. Denon are taking applications for the avp upgrade as I have filled out the application form on the audio products web site and faxed it through today with a copy of the purchase reciept. They will ring me when the time gets closer and the upgrade will cost $1499.00 which I find is reasonable for what we will get. Looking forward to it. have you sent your application in yet. Regards grassy

Hey grassy phoned them up today to confirm my form has been submitted and yes. Btw there is only a handful of us at the moment so asked will it still go ahead if its just a handful and i was told i can't see why not.

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
Old 08-26-2011, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 3,049
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

The JVC RS20 would be awesome projector. Like you I dont care for the 3D.

Up until a few months ago, I cared nothing for 3-D as well! BUT.....I happen to be a gamer, and I experienced a 3D game that nearly knocked my socks off. After that, I've been seriously eyeing JVC's RS40.
BrolicBeast is online now  
Old 12-25-2011, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Good Evening and a Very Merry Christmas Frank.

You have been absent for a while from your thread. I though at least I could give you a cheap christmas present and bump your thread to the first page. You have still one of the best systems I have ever seen.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is offline  
Old 12-25-2011, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ddgtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In A Government Yard In SacTown
Posts: 1,830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
What up Frank!! Merry Christmas!!
ddgtr is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MIkeDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 6,327
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Glad to see this back up again smile.gif. It is one of my favorite theaters for sure. You have such great equipment. I have question for you Frank. Are your 1027's spiked? I spiked mine and I am sure that made a difference but I am still wondering if I am giving the port enough breathing space. Not that they sound bad, just wondering. Again, a killer setup that I HAS to sound fantastic. I mean it's a 9.4 system for crying out loud if my math is correct.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
MIkeDuke is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,592
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Glad to see this back up again smile.gif. It is one of my favorite theaters for sure. You have such great equipment. I have question for you Frank. Are your 1027's spiked? I spiked mine and I am sure that made a difference but I am still wondering if I am giving the port enough breathing space. Not that they sound bad, just wondering. Again, a killer setup that I HAS to sound fantastic. I mean it's a 9.4 system for crying out loud if my math is correct.

Thanks Mike smile.gif

I have the 1027BE spiked I find it gives enough breathing space but also its great if you accidentally bump into them they wont fall. Yes im running 4 subs but as one. Im happy as I have used the audyssey pro kit as the eq ( instead of buying QSC eqs ) and it was the cherry on top as they say.smile.gif

_________________________

Frank
Franin is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off