Franin HT - Page 22 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 04:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 94
That's great. They are pretty stable in my room as well. I am just using XT32. I don't have the pro kit, Truthfully, I may not need it. I am going to have Craig come over and take at least one more measurement of my room. A lot has changed since he came over and took that first one. I am curious to see the difference adding a full EQ to my system as opposed to just an EQ for the sub. I have a feeling the difference will be easy to see. Getting another chart will allow me to see if I have any more "trouble spots" but I don't think I do. Craig said that he no longer hears the issues I had before. If I had more speakers or more subs, the pro cal would probably be a benefit to me. I am just not sure if at this point it would.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Hi mike
Just curious what is Craig using to take measurements in your room?

Frank
post #633 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

The software is from this company
http://www.xtz.se/en/products/measurements/room-analyzer

It seems pretty powerful although it can't measure below 15Hz. That's OK though. You can get a real good feel for how your entire system is behaving. It has a lot of tests.

My System
post #634 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

The software is from this company
http://www.xtz.se/en/products/measurements/room-analyzer
It seems pretty powerful although it can't measure below 15Hz. That's OK though. You can get a real good feel for how your entire system is behaving. It has a lot of tests.

Thanks for the link mike. For mine i had to call for hired help as they had these units that read the graph we were reading the graph at 1/12 octave which isn't too bad but it sure helped me place the subs at the right position in my room. Your right though its also a good indication how your room is behaving at full bandwidth.

Frank
post #635 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Frank, I know you had your system setup by a pro so I am sure it sounds really good. I am assuming that you had your video calibrated as well so that 117in screen must be really sweet smile.gif. I am just lucky that I have such a knowledgeable person not that far away from from me who is willing to help out if I need it.

My System
post #636 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

Quote:

Frank, I know you had your system setup by a pro so I am sure it sounds really good. I am assuming that you had your video calibrated as well so that 117in screen must be really sweet smile.gif. I am just lucky that I have such a knowledgeable person not that far away from from me who is willing to help out if I need it.

Mate were both lucky, yours is calibrated by a pro also. Utilizing software that you have is the best step. To be honest without these knowledgeable people we would be stuck. I'm just glad I'm happy with where it's at now. Just finished watching The Grey I thoroughly enjoyed it. Has awesome detail throughout the surrounds and good lfe at times.

Frank
post #637 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1294 Post(s)
Liked: 2153
G'day, mate.

You watch any good movies lately? I tell ya, it's been real slim pickings on new releases. I can't wait for The Avengers blu to come out. This has Franin written all over it and will be right at home on your BD shelf.cool.gif

Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
post #638 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

G'day, mate.
You watch any good movies lately? I tell ya, it's been real slim pickings on new releases. I can't wait for The Avengers blu to come out. This has Franin written all over it and will be right at home on your BD shelf.cool.gif

Hey Wabo it's been awhile buddy. Just finished watching The Grey awesome stuff. Looking forward in watching Avengers starting with Iron man this Saturday night as it's a month away before it's released. Can't wait.

Frank
post #639 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Mate were both lucky, yours is calibrated by a pro also. Utilizing software that you have is the best step. To be honest without these knowledgeable people we would be stuck. I'm just glad I'm happy with where it's at now. Just finished watching The Grey I thoroughly enjoyed it. Has awesome detail throughout the surrounds and good lfe at times.

I agree. Craig is a pro 100%. I am fortunate that he is willing and able to help me out when I need it, It is really important to me since I really can't work on (I.E move) my system on my own or know how to really set up the EQ stuff correctly. Without his and the help from from Dennis, it would have been difficult for me to take the steps I have taken in my room.

My System
post #640 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hey Wabo it's been awhile buddy. Just finished watching The Grey awesome stuff. Looking forward in watching Avengers starting with Iron man this Saturday night as it's a month away before it's released. Can't wait.

Hey Franin.

Yeah, it has been awhile. How have you been, amigo? I've heard mixed reviews about The Grey. I may add it to my rental queue. Will you be doing a Marvel marathon leading up to the release of The Avengers? We watched Thor again the other night. I really dig that movie. But with every viewing it weakens the structural integrity of my house.biggrin.gif

post #641 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

Quote:

I agree. Craig is a pro 100%. I am fortunate that he is willing and able to help me out when I need it, It is really important to me since I really can't work on (I.E move) my system on my own or know how to really set up the EQ stuff correctly. Without his and the help from from Dennis, it would have been difficult for me to take the steps I have taken in my room.

Your back must be bad as mine, we like the good equipment but the price we pay is there weight which makes it hard to move.

Frank
post #642 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

Quote:

Hey Franin.
Yeah, it has been awhile. How have you been, amigo? I've heard mixed reviews about The Grey. I may add it to my rental queue. Will you be doing a Marvel marathon leading up to the release of The Avengers? We watched Thor again the other night. I really dig that movie. But with every viewing it weakens the structural integrity of my house.biggrin.gif

Lol so true Thor has awesome LFE at the end of the movie you have to look around if it has actually done any damage. I've got to start the marathon I'm curious I was told capt America should be first, I thought it was iron man.

Frank
post #643 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lol so true Thor has awesome LFE at the end of the movie you have to look around if it has actually done any damage. I've got to start the marathon I'm curious I was told capt America should be first, I thought it was iron man.

Like with the X-Men series, First Class should be watched first followed by Wolverine Origins. But with the Avengers movies, I think they should be watched in the order they were released, e.g. Iron Man, etc. The bonus footage after the credits sets up the next movie in the series. What are your thoughts?

post #644 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Your back must be bad as mine, we like the good equipment but the price we pay is there weight which makes it hard to move.
More of a balance issue then a bad back issue. My balance sucks and I can't reach around to mess with my racks and all my wires. So, lucky for me I found some people who are willing to help out.

My System
post #645 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

Quote:

Like with the X-Men series, First Class should be watched first followed by Wolverine Origins. But with the Avengers movies, I think they should be watched in the order they were released, e.g. Iron Man, etc. The bonus footage after the credits sets up the next movie in the series. What are your thoughts?
\

I was told its like this:

Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Thor
The Incredible Hulk

Thoughts?

Frank
post #646 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

Quote:

More of a balance issue then a bad back issue. My balance sucks and I can't reach around to mess with my racks and all my wires. So, lucky for me I found some people who are willing to help out.

Balance issue thats due to ear? correct me if im wrong. My father in law suffers from vertigo I was told the ear is part of the problem.

Frank
post #647 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 266
So I'm wondering if they just chose the name Tesseract because it sounds cool. It has nothing to do with a 4 dimensional "cube". I really want that set though lol.
post #648 of 1228 Old 07-24-2012, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

So I'm wondering if they just chose the name Tesseract because it sounds cool. It has nothing tno do with a 4 dimensional "cube". I really want that set though lol.

I wouldn't mind that set.

Frank
post #649 of 1228 Old 07-25-2012, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Balance issue thats due to ear? correct me if im wrong. My father in law suffers from vertigo I was told the ear is part of the problem.
Check your PM smile.gif

My System
post #650 of 1228 Old 07-27-2012, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

I took the plunge I decided to order one too, that is the Darbee Darblet. I have to see how it performs in my Home Theatre. With all the positive reviews I have to see it in action.

Frank
post #651 of 1228 Old 07-27-2012, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

That's great Frank. I can't wait to hear your thoughts as well.

My System
post #652 of 1228 Old 07-27-2012, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

Quote:

That's great Frank. I can't wait to hear your thoughts as well.

Well its generating such positive reviews that I decided to take the plunge and order one too.

Frank
post #653 of 1228 Old 07-27-2012, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

You know I am using just a 42in Plasma for my video redface.gif. I know you are using a 117in screen. Even though I will never be able to get a projector, I am still curious about them. How come your screen has an aspect ratio of 2:37 instead of 2:35. What does the :37 give you that the :35 does not. When you watch a 2:35 movie what happens. How does it look on your screen.
Thanks

My System
post #654 of 1228 Old 07-27-2012, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Since I have a Duo as well, it'll be interesting to see what the Darbee does to your video. I imagine you'll be putting it between the Duo and your projector?
post #655 of 1228 Old 07-27-2012, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

Quote:

You know I am using just a 42in Plasma for my video redface.gif. I know you are using a 117in screen. Even though I will never be able to get a projector, I am still curious about them. How come your screen has an aspect ratio of 2:37 instead of 2:35. What does the :37 give you that the :35 does not. When you watch a 2:35 movie what happens. How does it look on your screen.
Thanks

I was told Mike when purchasing a screen is to get 2:37 screen due to the different aspect ratio some movies play. There is movies played at 2:35:1 and 2:40:1 so it was best to meet in the middle at 2:37:1. I haven't noticed anything different must be quiet small if there is.

BTW you should be able to get a short throw projector ( correct me if I'm wrong ) that are able to play in small rooms and produce a large screen size.

Frank
post #656 of 1228 Old 07-27-2012, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

Since I have a Duo as well, it'll be interesting to see what the Darbee does to your video. I imagine you'll be putting it between the Duo and your projector?

Your correct. I will let you know how it works out.

Frank
post #657 of 1228 Old 07-27-2012, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I was told Mike when purchasing a screen is to get 2:37 screen due to the different aspect ratio some movies play. There is movies played at 2:35:1 and 2:40:1 so it was best to meet in the middle at 2:37:1. I haven't noticed anything different must be quiet small if there is.
BTW you should be able to get a short throw projector ( correct me if I'm wrong ) that are able to play in small rooms and produce a large screen size.
That answer is what I thought you would give as an answer but I wanted to make sure. BTW, please don't tempt me. There are forces at work against me from getting a projector that I can't go into right now. But trust me, I would love to get a bigger picture in there. It's just not going to happen. I will just have to live vicariously through others when it comes to picture size tongue.gif.

My System
post #658 of 1228 Old 07-28-2012, 02:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:

That answer is what I thought you would give as an answer but I wanted to make sure. BTW, please don't tempt me. There are forces at work against me from getting a projector that I can't go into right now. But trust me, I would love to get a bigger picture in there. It's just not going to happen. I will just have to live vicariously through others when it comes to picture size tongue.gif.

Some of us DO consider reality. smile.gif Don't worry about it! I say enjoy what you have. If you want and are able at another time, go for it.
post #659 of 1228 Old 07-28-2012, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

Quote:

Not too worry my friend, one day you will. But you put your priorities in the right place your audio is up there with the best of them.

Frank
post #660 of 1228 Old 07-28-2012, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

Don't worry about it! I say enjoy what you have. If you want and are able at another time, go for it.

Spot on !!!

Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page