Bartman's underground lounge & cinema - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 72 Old 09-21-2013, 09:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hey, g_bartman! Long-time, no-chat. Glad to see you're still adding/upgrading, etc. I added the 8801 to my system about 2 months ago and couldn't be happier. In fact, it was the last piece that I've been struggling to get right for my setup. Now I'm focused on redoing my rack and cleaning that area up, but I'm still waiting on a few extra shelves for my Sanus rack system. Otherwise, I'm content with the dedicated room. I need to work on the family room setup next; new stand, possibly new TV (never thought I'd replace the Kuro, but the Panny ZT series has me intrigued), move the Denon 4311ci upstairs, add in the Avalon Symbol center channel that's been sitting in my pole shed until I got a new stand, etc. There's always something, right? Hope things are going well for you and yours. Take care!

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. -- Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 72 Old 09-22-2013, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Good to hear from you Keith. A big part of the fun of this hobby is changing stuff up, trying new equipment. I know you have done your share! I really want some Aerial 7t's but had to replace my vehicle so put that on hold. Hope all is well your way

post #63 of 72 Old 11-17-2013, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Got my Aerial 7t's set up. They sound even better then they look

post #64 of 72 Old 11-17-2013, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1366
Congrats!!! You got some eye candy to show??

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat
post #65 of 72 Old 11-17-2013, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff4RFC View Post

Congrats!!! You got some eye candy to show??

I updated my pics on page one

post #66 of 72 Old 11-17-2013, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman View Post

I updated my pics on page one

WOW!!!!!

Very nice room!! I love the hidden gear, mine will be hidden one day. Thank you for sharing!

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat
post #67 of 72 Old 11-17-2013, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Dude.....your system is outstanding. Those pics on page one are nothing short of jaw-dropping and I KNOW you're loving those 7T's. Congratulations!
post #68 of 72 Old 12-22-2013, 06:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Awesome! Those were in the running when I opted instead for the Salon2's. I'm sure you'll find yourself sitting and grinning for years, just like I have. It's nice not to be chasing upgrades so often.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. -- Albert Einstein
post #69 of 72 Old 12-22-2013, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks Keith. I got a killer deal on them. Used but like new. I told my wife they are probably my forever speakers, she's like "yeah right." Then she listened to them and apologized smile.gif. The more I listen to them the more I like 'em. Great detail and sound staging. Haven't heard the Salon 2'a which is probably a good thing! You run yours with a pair of Mcintosh 501's, right? That would be crazy good.

post #70 of 72 Old 12-24-2013, 05:52 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman View Post

Thanks Keith. I got a killer deal on them. Used but like new. I told my wife they are probably my forever speakers, she's like "yeah right." Then she listened to them and apologized smile.gif. The more I listen to them the more I like 'em. Great detail and sound staging. Haven't heard the Salon 2'a which is probably a good thing! You run yours with a pair of Mcintosh 501's, right? That would be crazy good.

Congrats on both the new speakers and the killer deal. It's nice that your wife can appreciate them as well. My wife enjoys my systems, but I honestly don't know if she hears/sees any difference with upgrades. My dedicated theater is pretty much finished (for at least a couple of years), and for the record, I'm powering the Salon2's with a McIntosh 402 stereo amp; a pair of 501's would be awesome, though! I am upgrading a few things in my family room system, but primarily revolving around a new stand. I'm tired of the old glass and metal one, and want a nice Salamander that can hold my Avalon Symbol center channel speaker, which is about 4 feet wide. But of course that upgrade has spawned several more, including a Panasonic 65ZT60 to replace my Kuro Elite 151 (which will go downstairs) and an Oppo BDP-103. I might have my local installer do the stand and integration, mostly so it can look and function as nicely as possible. I may need to get rid of the Logitech Harmony and go with a better RF remote for that cabinet, I'm not sure, but they can program that too.

That's the problem with having 2 surround systems; you just get one done and the other one needs tending. Between A/V and my firearms hobbies, I'm surprised we have any money left.

post #71 of 72 Old 02-28-2014, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Posted current pics. I picked up two ML subs, one Descent i, one Depth i. Like the way they match with the 7t's, quick and articulate. I only turn on the SvS for some extra punch for movies. Can't wait to watch Gravity in 3D this weekend, should be fun.

post #72 of 72 Old 03-24-2014, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Marantz Av8801 , Optoma Hd33 3d Ready Dlp Projector , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Xbox 360 Elite 120 Gb Console System , Sonos Connect Wireless Music Streaming System For Home Theater Or Stereo Zoneplayer90 , Definitive Technology , Mcintosh Labs , Rotel , Emotiva
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page