1Likes

post #31 of 52 Old 12-31-2010, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Hi to all and Happy New Year!

Santa treated me (and family, of course) with a brand new Blu-ray player of Denon, the DBP-1611. It's a fantastic device, does CD, DVD, Bru-ray, and even SACD, and 3D ready with a firmware update soon to be announced. Here are some "product shots" taken and processed today.

LL
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 52 Old 01-07-2011, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Finally a warm-feeling room in here. Too many home theaters look cold and uncomfortable. I love all the wood and built-in bookshelves, and the use of foam. Nice job!

MacBook Pro 15" w/Retina display | Apple TV | Oppo BDP-105D | Parasound New Classic 2125 | Martin Logan Theos | Toshiba 42RV530U HDTV |
post #33 of 52 Old 01-07-2011, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Very nice setup! I own Dalis myself(Helicons) and know first hand how fantastic they sound. Are the Concepts rear ported? I'm asking because Helicons are and i need to have at least 2 feet of space behind them otherwise the sound starts muddying up.

My HT Setup
My Blu-Rays
PSN Id:blitz500

post #34 of 52 Old 01-07-2011, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman S View Post
Very nice setup! I own Dalis myself(Helicons) and know first hand how fantastic they sound. Are the Concepts rear ported? I'm asking because Helicons are and i need to have at least 2 feet of space behind them otherwise the sound starts muddying up.
Thanks Jake and Daman for your kind compliments! The Concepts are not rear ported, they are completely sealed on the back side (the Concept Sub is also sealed and front firing), yet, satellites are ported on the fronts, though I also have some room behind them on the shelves. Meantime, owing to the case that I crossover all the audio contents below 80 Hz of all the satellites to the Sub and make use of Audyssey MultEQ room correction, the SQ is heavenly nice, even in the bass department!! Smooth and even, no boominess, no muddiness experienced here, excellent for both music and film.
LL
LL
LL
post #35 of 52 Old 01-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Iam not sure what people are talking about office...this is an awsome media/living room...very clean and refreshing look!
post #36 of 52 Old 01-13-2011, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoop View Post

Iam not sure what people are talking about office...this is an awsome media/living room...very clean and refreshing look!

Thanks for your kind words mrcoop, apart from all the technical stuff a lot of effort and WAFcoefficients had to be input and tackled to get this final result!
post #37 of 52 Old 11-19-2011, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Sweet setup ! Real attention to detail. Nice looking home as well......

Here in the North East New York State USA, we looking forward to winter and lots of movies. Just upgraded projector to a Mitsubishi HC4000, and treated myself to the Audyssey firmware upgrade.....
post #38 of 52 Old 03-28-2012, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Very nice room, especially the built-ins. That is close to what I hope to acheive in my basement.

I especially appreciate the sealed front-firing subs -- great solution for placement in the built-in shelves.

Question: How do you provide access for cabling and cooling for components mounted in built-in shelves?

What is the depth of your front built-ins?

Thanks,
Ken
post #39 of 52 Old 03-28-2012, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Wood View Post

Very nice room, especially the built-ins. That is close to what I hope to acheive in my basement.

I especially appreciate the sealed front-firing subs -- great solution for placement in the built-in shelves.

Question: How do you provide access for cabling and cooling for components mounted in built-in shelves?

What is the depth of your front built-ins?

Thanks,
Ken

Hi Ken, first of all thank you for your kind compliments! Yeah, I agree, front firing sealed subs can be placed anywhere very easily.

Cooling of components in the built-in shelves is no problem, they don't generate heat during operation, except the Denon AVR, but as you can see on the pictures there is enough headroom above the AVR for sufficient ventillation.

As for the cabling, the depth of the built-ins is 20 inches, enough even for the deepest component which is the AVR and there is still enough room for cables. On the main shelf there are cable holes behind the laptop, TV and AVR. Here are some close-ups for your ref... (Sorry for the quality, just a couple of quick shots with my Nokia)

Behind the Denon AVR:

Behind the TV:

Behind the laptop:

Behind the Denon player:

Wish you good luck for building your basement HT!
post #40 of 52 Old 02-03-2013, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 826 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post

Thanks a lot,. ...but whaddaya mean to say by "nice office"?
I think he means that in the back behind the couch you have mirrors and it looks like an office in there. Really just a reflection of the front of the room.
post #41 of 52 Old 02-05-2013, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefdvr27 View Post

I think he means that in the back behind the couch you have mirrors and it looks like an office in there. Really just a reflection of the front of the room.

Well, most probably that might be what he means, but that's not the case. It's a HT system setup in a living room. smile.gif Thanks for coming along. smile.gif
post #42 of 52 Old 06-28-2013, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Feri,

You know that all those books in the room act as the most amazing bass traps didn't you?
post #43 of 52 Old 06-28-2013, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post

Feri,

You know that all those books in the room act as the most amazing bass traps didn't you?

Thanks Murray for you visit to my "Sweet Setup" smile.gif

Sure thing, those books have their acoustical duty, indeed! smile.gif I think my living room really works pretty well with regards to a nice and pleasing environment delivering awesome SQ. Wish I could see you here for some auditioning (and a couple of cold beers in between, eh!?). cool.gif As you can see I only have one subwoofer and Audyssey MultEQ (no XT or XT32) with my Denon AVR-2310 and it really does an excellent job. I'm a 50/50 film/music guy, so I enjoy both within the same setup.

Here are some music demo materials I'd like to recommend you for testing your system:

Ane Brun: These Days. Just listen to the kettle drums and the voice of Ane Brun. In a system setup to high SQ you will be able to pin-point the drums as well as the singer just like they were there personally in your room. A fantastic experience!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s5ihWIywzg

And another one from Bliss (Denmark): Song for Olabi. I won't tell you what to listen for, you will hear for yourself!!! Surely!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR2gejPnDC8

Take care Murray! smile.gif
post #44 of 52 Old 07-06-2014, 04:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Wow. I must say you have an outstanding living room and theater! Love the upper bookshelves and the speakers nudged between the books. Great job!

Jim

Chad Billheimer rocks as a ISF Calibrator for Ohio.
Roller Coaster season is upon us. Proud member of American Coaster Enthusiasts (ACE) Woodies Rule!

Last edited by alfbinet; 07-06-2014 at 04:52 PM.
post #45 of 52 Old 07-06-2014, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
This is one of the most beautiful setups I have ever seen. Great job!
post #46 of 52 Old 07-06-2014, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterBottle View Post
This is one of the most beautiful setups I have ever seen. Great job!
Oh my WB, thank you very much. How did you get to that conclusion? Even though I do have pros and cons with my living room setup I wish I could rectify, nonetheless it does sound pretty good indeed.

Thanks again for coming along.

Last edited by mogorf; 07-06-2014 at 04:52 PM.
post #47 of 52 Old 07-06-2014, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfbinet View Post
Wow. I must say you have an outstanding living room and theater! Love the upper bookshelves and the speakers nudged between the books. Great job!

Jim
Thank you alfbinet. Yeah, the elevated book shelves made the room wider compared to times when they were on floor standing book shelves taking up valuable floor space, even though we need a ladder to access those books. No problem. Meantime, speakers enjoy being nudged between books especially when it comes to taming some early reflections that may sacrifice sound quality.

Thanks again.
post #48 of 52 Old 07-22-2014, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Feri,

Jo napot kivanok!

I saw your recent posts over in the HT Atmos thread and came here to check out your set-up. Nicely done; I like the warm, understated ambience of the room. BTW, are you located on the Buda or Pest side?

I lived in Budapest for two years in the early 1990's (akkoriban dolgoztam az Amerikai Nagykövetségen). I have fond memories, inter alia, of the fantastic makos retes and almas retes at Ruszwurm Cukrászda. Are they still in business? I haven't had any chance to use my limited Hungarian since then, but as a former linguist (German, French, Italian, Russian, Turkish, Japanese) I am always interested in brushing up. A viszontlátásra, Jeff

P.S. Your comment in the other thread about using closed captions was right on the nose; my wife and I rely heavily on them to decipher the dialogue in many movies and TV shows, even in our native English.
post #49 of 52 Old 07-23-2014, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post
Feri,

Jo napot kivanok!

I saw your recent posts over in the HT Atmos thread and came here to check out your set-up. Nicely done; I like the warm, understated ambience of the room. BTW, are you located on the Buda or Pest side?

I lived in Budapest for two years in the early 1990's (akkoriban dolgoztam az Amerikai Nagykövetségen). I have fond memories, inter alia, of the fantastic makos retes and almas retes at Ruszwurm Cukrászda. Are they still in business? I haven't had any chance to use my limited Hungarian since then, but as a former linguist (German, French, Italian, Russian, Turkish, Japanese) I am always interested in brushing up. A viszontlátásra, Jeff

P.S. Your comment in the other thread about using closed captions was right on the nose; my wife and I rely heavily on them to decipher the dialogue in many movies and TV shows, even in our native English.
Jó napot kívánok Jeff!

Thank you very much for your kind compliments. Appreciate it. I'm located on the Buda side (11th District) near to Petőfi Bridge.

Good to hear about your acquaintances with Budapest. In 1990 I was working at a walking distance from the American Embassy on Bajcsy-Zsilinszky street. The world is so small, eh? And yes, Ruszwurm is still in business. Here's where they are hiding on the Net: www.ruszwurm.hu

Take care.
post #50 of 52 Old 08-11-2014, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 128
very nice looking Livingroom i would suspect the veiw out those windows must be nice. I'll have to go home now and clean up my Den. LOL How do you keep it so Dust free i'm always fighting dust just seems these electronics are a dust magnet.
Cheers from the new world, here if something is a hundred years old it's new compared to buildings in Europe.
mogorf likes this.

My main setup
PN60E8000 / Directv genie / Panasonic 3D blu-ray Onkyo TX-NR 1030 7.2.4 /Onkyo M-5010 Amplifier for top rear. Bic Acoustech speakers, Bic F12 subs
MY 10' X 15' DEN
PN51F5500 / Directv Genie / Panasonic 3D blu-ray / Onkyo TX-NR 737 5.2.2 Atmos top front Ceiling Speakers

Last edited by bargervais; 08-11-2014 at 01:12 PM.
post #51 of 52 Old 08-11-2014, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargervais View Post
very nice looking Livingroom i would suspect the veiw out those windows must be nice. I'll have to go home now and clean up my Den. LOL How do you keep it so Dust free i'm always fighting dust just seems these electronics are a dust magnet.
Cheers from the new world, here if something is a hundred years old it's new compared to buildings in Europe.
Thank you for your kind compliments bargervais. Yeah, dust is our public enemy #1 , I believe. Actually, I'm notorious for keeping my gear dust-free, it can easily build up and on the long run degrade performance and lead to malfunction.

I do the dusting by my hand (no WAF allowed!) above and under the Denon once a week (typically on Saturdays). I lift the Denon with one hand and use the duster with the otherhand till it's completely clean. Worth the effort, indeed!

Come over to Europe if you'd like to understand the real meaning of the word "old". Roman Empire stuff are all around, even in Budapest, not only in Rome.

Take care.
post #52 of 52 Old 08-13-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post
Thank you for your kind compliments bargervais. Yeah, dust is our public enemy #1 , I believe. Actually, I'm notorious for keeping my gear dust-free, it can easily build up and on the long run degrade performance and lead to malfunction.

I do the dusting by my hand (no WAF allowed!) above and under the Denon once a week (typically on Saturdays). I lift the Denon with one hand and use the duster with the otherhand till it's completely clean. Worth the effort, indeed!

Come over to Europe if you'd like to understand the real meaning of the word "old". Roman Empire stuff are all around, even in Budapest, not only in Rome.

Take care.
thanks for your reply i lived in the UK for a couple of years back in the late 70's my mother was from London.I just loved it I also spent a couple months in Rome so i know hat your talking about seeing all that the Roman Empire did i try to see in my minds eye what it must of been like it's just amazing.

My main setup
PN60E8000 / Directv genie / Panasonic 3D blu-ray Onkyo TX-NR 1030 7.2.4 /Onkyo M-5010 Amplifier for top rear. Bic Acoustech speakers, Bic F12 subs
MY 10' X 15' DEN
PN51F5500 / Directv Genie / Panasonic 3D blu-ray / Onkyo TX-NR 737 5.2.2 Atmos top front Ceiling Speakers
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Samsung 40 Inch Class Led Hdtv , Denon Avr2310ci 7 1 Channel Multi Zone Home Theater Receiver With 1080p Hdmi Connectivity , Dali
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page