post #31 of 1294 Old 12-02-2009, 09:56 PM
CIH USER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

What a great hobby, bringing all of us together not only from different states, but different continents as well. All in the pursuit of the ultimate A/V. So we can turn it up and rock out!

I agree

Frank

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1294 Old 12-04-2009, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Waboman,

Congratulations! You have a world class system, I had a chance to audition a 2 channel ML and Macs and totally loved it!

Very well done!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 1294 Old 12-04-2009, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo131 View Post

That is a super setup, dude. I'm envious. Looks like a million bucks and it must sound phenomenal.

Maybe you could get a poster of the DS9 cast or CHiPs cast and get Dorn to sign that

Thanks rollo131.

Say, did ya ever see the Family Guy episode when Stewie kidnaps TNG cast? Classic.

&fs=1" width="644" height="390">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&fs=1" />[ATTN POSTER: YouTube Insert Error: Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click 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" target="_blank">here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.]

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #34 of 1294 Old 12-04-2009, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr View Post

Waboman,

Congratulations! You have a world class system, I had a chance to audition a 2 channel ML and Macs and totally loved it!

Very well done!

Thanks ddgtr.

I really like the Logan/Mac combo. I just picked up the new Terminator Salvation BD today and can't wait to fire it up.

post #35 of 1294 Old 12-07-2009, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Tiger Woods' Christmas Card Photo.

Happy Holidays.

post #36 of 1294 Old 12-08-2009, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

^^ LOL, This is great!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #37 of 1294 Old 12-08-2009, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
An absolutely FABULOUS setup, Waboman!! I wanna be just like you (and ddgtr) when I grow up. Hat's off to you on a job extremely well done, sir!

Panasonic PT-AX200U

Da-Lite Model B 106" HCMW
Sony KDS-60A3000

VIP 3D Theater Plus Converter w/ MonsterVision Max 3D Eyewear
Onkyo TX-SR805 (v1.08 w/DSP & HDMI Updates)
Oppo BDP-103
Sony PS3 Slim (v4.50)
Toshiba HD-A35 (v4.0)
Polk Audio RTi8 / CSi5 / FXi3
Boston 595x Subwoofers

post #38 of 1294 Old 12-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Hey Waboman,

Did you install your projector yourself? What kind of mount are you using and how long is your hdmi run?
post #39 of 1294 Old 12-09-2009, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasicBlak View Post

An absolutely FABULOUS setup, Waboman!! I wanna be just like you (and ddgtr) when I grow up. Hat's off to you on a job extremely well done, sir!

Thanks for the kind words, BasicBlak. However, if you ask my wife, she'll say I still haven't grown up yet.

post #40 of 1294 Old 12-09-2009, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelinas View Post

Hey Waboman,

Did you install your projector yourself? What kind of mount are you using and how long is your hdmi run?

Hi Gelinas.

I was all set to install the projector myself, then said "ya know, I better bring in someone who knows what they're doing." I have the Chief Pro mount and I'm running a 50' HDMI cable.

post #41 of 1294 Old 12-10-2009, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I finally got a chance to compliment your setup.

You have some nice heavy hitting equipment list there Wabo. I've worked on a couple of installs in the past with Mcintosh equipment but not the pairing with Martin Logan speakers. I wish I lived near you just to hear how good that must sound.

Nice laserdisc player. I own the CLD-97. I can not believe we spent over $1800.00 for those players back when.

Like everyone else said, we need to find budget airfare and all come over and sit a spell while being mesmerized by your system.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------

post #42 of 1294 Old 12-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

Waboman, I'm floored man. Your setup is incredible. I love the MCD500. What a player!

post #43 of 1294 Old 12-11-2009, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

I finally got a chance to compliment your setup.

You have some nice heavy hitting equipment list there Wabo. I've worked on a couple of installs in the past with Mcintosh equipment but not the pairing with Martin Logan speakers. I wish I lived near you just to hear how good that must sound.

Like everyone else said, we need to find budget airfare and all come over and sit a spell while being mesmerized by your system.

Thanks HTG. I really appreciate the kind words.

Come on by, the door is always open to my HT buddies. Cheers.

Quote:

Nice laserdisc player. I own the CLD-97. I can not believe we spent over $1800.00 for those players back when.

Lol. I was pretty big into LDs back in the day. And they weren't cheap. Sadly, I've retired my player to the closet and sold off most of my collection. I did keep a few though. All my Disney CAV titles, most of my DTS titles and a few odds and ends...

For example, my CAV Star Wars box set with Han shooting first before Lucas messed it up.

The Japanese import of Episode 1. This was before it was released on DVD. I think I paid close to $100 for this! What was I thinking???

And the original THX Wow! montage on LD. Which I have replaced with it's blu-ray counterpart. I used to demo this thing all the time. Brings back fond memories of the glory days...

post #44 of 1294 Old 12-11-2009, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btf1980 View Post

Waboman, I'm floored man. Your setup is incredible. I love the MCD500. What a player!

Thanks btf1980.

I had a chance to check out your system as well. Wow! First off, you take great photos! I love that stand your TT is on. Plus the Marantz SA-15 SACD player is purty sexy too. I'd like to get some better power conditioners/surge protectors. I'm lacking in that area. *Sigh* Someday perhaps...

post #45 of 1294 Old 12-11-2009, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Lol. I was pretty big into LDs back in the day. And they weren't cheap. Sadly, I've retired my player to the closet and sold off most of my collection. I did keep a few though. All my Disney CAV titles, most of my DTS titles and a few odds and ends...

Yes my friend, it was, and is an expensive hobby. But you and I where able to enjoy, for at least 10 years, the cutting edge movie experience. Thanks for stopping by my thread and leaving a post.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------

post #46 of 1294 Old 12-11-2009, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Thanks for the kind words, BasicBlak. However, if you ask my wife, she'll say I still haven't grown up yet.

Hey, that's okay... There's something to be said for those of us among the Romper Room crowd.

Funny you and Geek should mention laserdiscs. I, too, was among the LD fanatics back in the day. And I still have several of them including the three you posted above. (THX Wow! is a true gem of a collectors item now.) And you guys are right, we paid an absolute fortune for those things. I musta been completely off my rocker back then! The first T2 CAV special edition set me back a cool C-note. And let us not forget how 20th Century Fox, probably the greediest of all the studios, never failed to stick it to us with their titles. Oh but what fun we had getting screwed at the cash register!

Josh Zyber of High Def Digest.com had probably one of the best quotes I've ever seen in an AVSF signature. In response to complaint about the current price of Blu-ray titles, shut up, "...Bend over, and take it like a former laserdisc owner." LOL... Classic!

Panasonic PT-AX200U

Da-Lite Model B 106" HCMW
Sony KDS-60A3000

VIP 3D Theater Plus Converter w/ MonsterVision Max 3D Eyewear
Onkyo TX-SR805 (v1.08 w/DSP & HDMI Updates)
Oppo BDP-103
Sony PS3 Slim (v4.50)
Toshiba HD-A35 (v4.0)
Polk Audio RTi8 / CSi5 / FXi3
Boston 595x Subwoofers

post #47 of 1294 Old 12-11-2009, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
HOLY MOLY!!! Awesome!!! ^_^

Video Games, 3D, and Home Theater Forever! ^_^

post #48 of 1294 Old 12-11-2009, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Hey, that's okay... There's something to be said for those of us among the Romper Room crowd.

Funny you and Geek should mention laserdiscs. I, too, was among the LD fanatics back in the day. And I still have several of them including the three you posted above. (THX Wow! is a true gem of a collectors item now.) And you guys are right, we paid an absolute fortune for those things. I musta been completely off my rocker back then! The first T2 CAV special edition set me back a cool C-note. And let us not forget how 20th Century Fox, probably the greediest of all the studios, never failed to stick it to us with their titles. Oh but what fun we had getting screwed at the cash register!

Josh Zyber of High Def Digest.com had probably one of the best quotes I've ever seen in an AVSF signature. In response to complaint about the current price of Blu-ray titles, shut up, "...Bend over, and take it like a former laserdisc owner." LOL... Classic!

LOL, YES, that is classic !!! cld-d907 owner here. i have a small stack of disc's. watched most of em 1 time . it is because of this, that i learned NOT to spend a bunch of money on this stuff. i have a couple of reference, and thats it.

chasing rattles ......

Pro8100 Cult member
post #49 of 1294 Old 12-11-2009, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

BasicBlak, you are the man!! Nicely done!!

post #50 of 1294 Old 12-11-2009, 11:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

Thanks HTG. I really appreciate the kind words.

Come on by, the door is always open to my HT buddies. Cheers.

For example, my CAV Star Wars box set with Han shooting first before Lucas messed it up.

The Japanese import of Episode 1. This was before it was released on DVD. I think I paid close to $100 for this! What was I thinking???

And the original THX Wow! montage on LD. Which I have replaced with it's blu-ray counterpart. I used to demo this thing all the time. Brings back fond memories of the glory days...

Those are definitely some collectible LD's. I too was a big time LD collector during the 90's. A lot of cool memories of those days. I don't use my LD player too much these days, but when I want to see that certain LD that was never released on DVD or Blu-ray (Ransom extended version comes to mind), that's when I'm happy I kept on to it.

And again AWESOME setup mi amigo!

Seth

post #51 of 1294 Old 12-12-2009, 03:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow I did not know we had alot of HT early adopters on this forum. So many LD owners who did not have the sense to just stick with VHS until DVD came along.

Maybe if we had not read Widescreen Review (How many subscribers besides me?), we would all have even better systems than we currently own.

Quote:

"...Bend over, and take it like a former laserdisc owner."

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------

post #52 of 1294 Old 12-12-2009, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Wow I did not know we had alot of HT early adopters on this forum. So many LD owners who did not have the sense to just stick with VHS until DVD came along.

Maybe if we had not read Widescreen Review (How many subscribers besides me?), we would all have even better systems than we currently own.

Hello HTG!

Remember when DVD's first hit the market in 1996-7? Widescreen Review would defend the laser disc technology to it's death?! To me, it was a no-brainer to adopt the dvd concept. And I love my laser discs. I had a Pioneer Elite LD player and collected my share of LD's. But once DVD's came on the scene, it was a wrap. The convenience in storage space alone made me switch!
Those were the days!

Regards,

"Chance favors only the prepared mind. "Louis Pasteur"

ldgibson76

post #53 of 1294 Old 12-12-2009, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

i have had a system since about 1985. it was a simple stereo setup. but it was set up RIGHT. i heard PRO-LOGIC surround, out of 2 speakers. before i even knew what surround was. i sat there watching a movie, and the sounds around my head. i was like " wth was that !"

then i met my wife. her dad was into it. he gave me his STEREOPHILE mags.
i then had to go out and buy all new gear.

chasing rattles ......

Pro8100 Cult member
post #54 of 1294 Old 12-13-2009, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Extremely clean looking- great choices in gear in EVERY area! ML speakers rock and I love the JL subs! Not only does it look organized and clean, it looks ultra-professional, too. So many other theaters on this forum look like a place where equipment has been dumped in random places and look cluttered and messy. They can all take a page from your book here. Beautiful theater and I am sure you get endless hours of enjoyment on building and watching in this room!
post #55 of 1294 Old 12-13-2009, 12:56 PM

Apartment or not, your neighbors will hate you
post #56 of 1294 Old 12-14-2009, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Double B, you hit the nail on the head.

I have three or four T2's on LD. What were we thinking??? And speaking of 20th Century Fox, remember the CAV box sets of Aliens & The Abyss? I think they were close to a hundo each! I bought both of them. Josh Zyber's signature was spot on, "...Bend over, and take it like a former laserdisc owner."

But those were some damn fun times.

post #57 of 1294 Old 12-14-2009, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Those are definitely some collectible LD's. I too was a big time LD collector during the 90's. A lot of cool memories of those days. I don't use my LD player too much these days, but when I want to see that certain LD that was never released on DVD or Blu-ray (Ransom extended version comes to mind), that's when I'm happy I kept on to it.

And again AWESOME setup mi amigo!

Seth

Thanks, Seth.

I was unaware the Ransom extended version was not available on either DVD or blu-ray. I wonder how many more of our cherished LD's didn't make the cut to DVD/blu-ray?

Should we start the LD revolution? The resistance begins here!

Viva la revolution!

post #58 of 1294 Old 12-14-2009, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuDLP View Post

Extremely clean looking- great choices in gear in EVERY area! ML speakers rock and I love the JL subs! Not only does it look organized and clean, it looks ultra-professional, too. So many other theaters on this forum look like a place where equipment has been dumped in random places and look cluttered and messy. They can all take a page from your book here. Beautiful theater and I am sure you get endless hours of enjoyment on building and watching in this room!

Thank you, NuDLP for the very nice compliments..

Quote:
Originally Posted by adabo View Post

Apartment or not, your neighbors will hate you

Nah, I have beer.

post #59 of 1294 Old 12-15-2009, 05:15 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:

Thanks, Seth.

I was unaware the Ransom extended version was not available on either DVD or blu-ray. I wonder how many more of our cherished LD's didn't make the cut to DVD/blu-ray?

Should we start the LD revolution? The resistance begins here!

Viva la revolution!

I have to admit that is one era I missed the LD era. That was the time I was playing Bass, had a mullett and thought I was Billy Ray Cyrus. As you can see my music career went far.

Frank

post #60 of 1294 Old 12-15-2009, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 61
McIntosh Monos! If I had the space and money, they'd definitely work with my MCD301. That is, if they're solid state (I'm not patient enough to deal with tubes, I think). If not them, then Brystons.

Still, it's an elegant setup you have. I have an Elite DVL-91, and it still gets some work as I have about 160 LDs. I'd say rack it if you can, and play those LDs.

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Martin Logan , Marantz Av8801 , Jl Audio Fathom F113 Gloss 13 5 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page