post #751 of 1294 Old 06-11-2011, 03:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I have these collectible Maquettes from the old 70's Superfriends cartoon. You know, back when it was real. I loved this show growing up. Getting up early Saturday morning to watch it. But I digress. I thought I'd take them off the shelf and let 'em ride front and center on the subs. Not sure if I like it or not. Is it too cheesy? Opinions?

Bring it on Lex Luther.

It's Lex Luthor. Must have been playing Luther Vandross or reading Martin Luther recently.

I cringe looking at those shows now, but back then I only wrinkled my mouth a bit at times. I much prefer the current run of DC animated movies.

I think they could work were it not for the "Super Friends" logo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 1294 Old 06-11-2011, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

It's Lex Luthor. Must have been playing Luther Vandross or reading Martin Luther recently.

I cringe looking at those shows now, but back then I only wrinkled my mouth a bit at times. I much prefer the current run of DC animated movies.

I think they could work were it not for the "Super Friends" logo.

Oops Mr. Luthor has been fixed. Thanks. I love those classic Hanna-Barbera cartoons. Not a fan of the new animated stuff.

I'm not sure if they'll stay on the subs or not?

Growing Older But Not Up
post #753 of 1294 Old 06-11-2011, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Awesome setup.
post #754 of 1294 Old 06-11-2011, 10:31 AM

Liked: 10
Wow...drool.
post #755 of 1294 Old 06-11-2011, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oops Mr. Luthor has been fixed. Thanks. I love those classic Hanna-Barbera cartoons. Not a fan of the new animated stuff.

I'm not sure if they'll stay on the subs or not?

If they're stuck on (tape, Blu-Tak?), or there's no significant vibration when the subs are working, maybe. But if they're not very heavy I'd think they may need reinforcement, otherwise they may shuffle off or fall over time during sub-heavy concerts or movies. Have you tried it yet? Watch/listen normally and note if they move over time. Use something harmless to the sub's finish to mark their original position.

I was more a fan of The Herculoids and Space Ghost than the others. I also liked The Galaxy Trio; for me, they could have had top billing over Birdman in their show.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #756 of 1294 Old 06-13-2011, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla View Post

Awesome setup.

Thank you, amarshonarbangla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksojm View Post

Wow...drool.

Thanks, jacksojm.

Thanks guys for stopping by and the nice comments.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #757 of 1294 Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If they're stuck on (tape, Blu-Tak?), or there's no significant vibration when the subs are working, maybe. But if they're not very heavy I'd think they may need reinforcement, otherwise they may shuffle off or fall over time during sub-heavy concerts or movies. Have you tried it yet? Watch/listen normally and note if they move over time. Use something harmless to the sub's finish to mark their original position.

I was more a fan of The Herculoids and Space Ghost than the others. I also liked The Galaxy Trio; for me, they could have had top billing over Birdman in their show.

They are kind of heavy and have felt on the bottom of their base. With that said, we watched Narnia: Dawn Treader last night. When I turned the lights back on, I noticed Aquaman had moved. So, back on the shelf they go.

Lol. The Herculoids and Space Ghost rock!

Growing Older But Not Up
post #758 of 1294 Old 06-13-2011, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Here's my answer to your question......

post #759 of 1294 Old 06-19-2011, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Happy Fathers Day amigo.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------

post #760 of 1294 Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman View Post

Here's my answer to your question......

Hey, g.

Who are those guy? I'm having a hard time making them out.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #761 of 1294 Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Happy Fathers Day amigo.

Thanks, HTG. And to you too.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #762 of 1294 Old 06-22-2011, 11:51 AM

Liked: 10
Wow... I think that about sums it up... WOW!!
post #763 of 1294 Old 06-29-2011, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn17 View Post

Wow... I think that about sums it up... WOW!!

Thanks, Capn17.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #764 of 1294 Old 09-29-2011, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Waboman,

As I mentioned over in my thread, I came over to gawk at your Salamander Synergy rack. I notice you didn't get the rear panels, or didn't put them on at least. There are some basic ones that come with the unit, and some fancier ones that are optional. Why didn't you use those? Was it for easier access, better ventilation, etc?

And yours looks like the cherry unit. It looks nice in your setup. I don't think cherry works in my room, though. And, what shelf spacing do you have in there? It looks nice and comfortable.

post #765 of 1294 Old 09-30-2011, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Waboman,

As I mentioned over in my thread, I came over to gawk at your Salamander Synergy rack. I notice you didn't get the rear panels, or didn't put them on at least. There are some basic ones that come with the unit, and some fancier ones that are optional. Why didn't you use those? Was it for easier access, better ventilation, etc?

And yours looks like the cherry unit. It looks nice in your setup. I don't think cherry works in my room, though. And, what shelf spacing do you have in there? It looks nice and comfortable.

Whassup Prepress?

Thanks for the thread resurrection. It's the walking dead.

I did get the cherry wood. I do think black will look really good in your place. Yes, it came with a rear panel. I chose not to install it 1) for ventialtion and 2) easier access.

Let me make one big suggestion. Get the casters! I can't stress that enough. I didn't and I pay the price every time I need to contort my arse behind the cabinet and work on a component. As for shelf spacing I just winged it. I made sure my AVP had plenty of room as that gets the warmest. The Mac amps, as you know, stay pretty darn cool even under heavy operation.

Looking forward to what you decide on.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #766 of 1294 Old 09-30-2011, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Whassup Prepress?

I did get the cherry wood. I do think black will look really good in your place. Yes, it came with a rear panel. I chose not to install it 1) for ventialtion and 2) easier access.

Let me make one big suggestion. Get the casters! I can't stress that enough. I didn't and I pay the price every time I need to contort my arse behind the cabinet and work on a component. As for shelf spacing I just winged it. I made sure my AVP had plenty of room as that gets the warmest. The Mac amps, as you know, stay pretty darn cool even under heavy operation.

I am leaning black/black; it'll stay out of the way more when watching concerts and things. The big challenge still is making it work.

post #767 of 1294 Old 10-08-2011, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They are kind of heavy and have felt on the bottom of their base. With that said, we watched Narnia: Dawn Treader last night. When I turned the lights back on, I noticed Aquaman had moved. So, back on the shelf they go.

Ha. I watched Thor recently and the box for my new router was sitting on top of the left speaker. It fell off during an explosion.

post #768 of 1294 Old 10-08-2011, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Whassup Prepress?

That Synergy (full config) weighs 203 pounds! Ouch. Forget casters, I'm thinking about how to get it upstairs! The poor delivery guys! But, that's fully loaded with doors and back panels.

post #769 of 1294 Old 10-08-2011, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ha. I watched Thor recently and the box for my new router was sitting on top of the left speaker. It fell off during an explosion.

Thor is an LFE juggernaut! You know it was good when things start falling down.

Quote:

That Synergy (full config) weighs 203 pounds! Ouch. Forget casters, I'm thinking about how to get it upstairs! The poor delivery guys! But, that's fully loaded with doors and back panels.

Most definitely, it's a solid, heavy stand. Have some lemonade for the delivery guys. I'm telling you, prepress, get the casters. You'll be happier in the long run.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #770 of 1294 Old 10-09-2011, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

If the casters work on carpet and hard floor simultaneously, then it's good. I wasn't sure I wouldn't get just the basic rack, though, as that would blend better with the Sanus Euros on either side. There's also the matter of making space for the Synergy to begin with. If I can't figure that out, it's all for naught. Plus, I'd need to get rid of the existing cabinet. It's only a 1BR apartment, so space is at a premium.

post #771 of 1294 Old 10-11-2011, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If the casters work on carpet and hard floor simultaneously, then it's good. I wasn't sure I wouldn't get just the basic rack, though, as that would blend better with the Sanus Euros on either side. There's also the matter of making space for the Synergy to begin with. If I can't figure that out, it's all for naught. Plus, I'd need to get rid of the existing cabinet. It's only a 1BR apartment, so space is at a premium.

We can make it work, prepress. I suggest the casters only out of my own short sightedness. My stand is on carpet, and impossible to move if I need to get back there and do something.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #772 of 1294 Old 10-12-2011, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes, yours is too close to the back wall. I do have some space behind my setup so I can get back there, though it's a bit tight. Can you turn the components around on their shelves and get to the back that way?

post #773 of 1294 Old 10-13-2011, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, yours is too close to the back wall. I do have some space behind my setup so I can get back there, though it's a bit tight. Can you turn the components around on their shelves and get to the back that way?

That's good you're giving yourself some space to work on things, should the need arrive. The only way I can do any work is contorting my arse behind the stand. Not a pretty picture.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #774 of 1294 Old 10-14-2011, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

We can make it work, prepress. I suggest the casters only out of my own short sightedness. My stand is on carpet, and impossible to move if I need to get back there and do something.

Hey Wabo, that was the first thing I did on my stand was installing casters. The stand not loaded is at least 150-200Lbs. Once you throw in the equipment and 60" monitor it was not going anywhere. I have moved that stand at least 5 times since I bought it. $50 on casters was well spent money.

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------

post #775 of 1294 Old 10-17-2011, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Hey Wabo, that was the first thing I did on my stand was installing casters. The stand not loaded is at least 150-200Lbs. Once you throw in the equipment and 60" monitor it was not going anywhere. I have moved that stand at least 5 times since I bought it. $50 on casters was well spent money.

I completely agree, HTG. I wish I had the foresight to add them on my stand.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #776 of 1294 Old 12-07-2011, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
My man Wabo is probably chilling somewhere on Wailea Beach sipping his Woodford Reserve on the rocks, chasing it with a Corona... Hence the lack of activity on AVS. I won't give up until I can get a ride on that private jet, LOL...

Just checking in my friend, to see how things are going. Peace!

post #777 of 1294 Old 12-07-2011, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr View Post

My man Wabo is probably chilling somewhere on Wailea Beach sipping his Woodford Reserve on the rocks, chasing it with a Corona... Hence the lack of activity on AVS. I won't give up until I can get a ride on that private jet, LOL...

Just checking in my friend, to see how things are going. Peace!

What it is, dd?

Thanks for the drive-by.

I can only dream of living the dd lifestyle. I wish I was lounging on Wailea Beach, sipping some good bourbon. Hell, I may even throw an umbrella in the glass. But in reality, it's a balmy 19° outside and instead of soft sand on the ground there's cold snow.

How have you been, amigo? Have you got those beautiful Cremona Auditor M's all broken in and fine tuned?

Growing Older But Not Up
post #778 of 1294 Old 12-10-2011, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
40F is about where most Kalifornians would start moving south towards the heat... 19F?? I don't think we can count that low!! Snow is nice though, everyone's Xmas lights kinda look out of whack with sunny, dry, 65F weather...

Yeah, the SF's are broken in and enjoying themselves in their new home! They sound good very accurate especially with classical.

I've been allright, finally made the move to one of them iphones. Hell, I can receive texts now! The Siri chick is great when she's in a good mood!

post #779 of 1294 Old 12-12-2011, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

We've actually had a "warm" spell the last two days. As I type this it's currently 36° outside. All the snow has melted.

Great to hear you've been enjoying your SFs. They sure are gorgeous speakers. I've not had the luxury of listening to them. How do they perform with rock n roll music? Sorry, but the Wabo can't do classical.

Hehe. You finally got rid of your rotary dial. How is the 4S? I hear Siri is a sassy lil' wench. I'm still slumming it with the plain old 4 version.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #780 of 1294 Old 12-13-2011, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yep. The Herculoids arrived yesterday. The revisiting of my early teens continues.

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Martin Logan , Marantz Av8801 , Jl Audio Fathom F113 Gloss 13 5 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page