My Rockin' Room - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #811 of 1294 Old 03-03-2012, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr View Post

Any time, my friend, any time!!

That's good to know, amigo. As it just so happens, I'll be in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks. And debauchery is coming with me.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #812 of 1294 Old 03-03-2012, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ddgtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In A Government Yard In SacTown
Posts: 1,830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
lol, drop me a line...

...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ddgtr is offline  
post #813 of 1294 Old 03-03-2012, 06:02 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post


It was very easy to change, franin. It was like having a brand new pj again. With my dieing lamp I had the iris fully opened and the power set to high. This new lamp was blinding. I closed the iris to -6 and set the power back to normal.

That's good to hear how many years did the last one last you?

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #814 of 1294 Old 03-04-2012, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr View Post

lol, drop me a line...

Are you ready to let the dogs out?


Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #815 of 1294 Old 03-04-2012, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

That's good to hear how many years did the last one last you?

I got 2 1/2 years and over 2900 hrs out of my original bulb. How many hours do you have on yours so far?

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #816 of 1294 Old 03-04-2012, 05:28 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post


I got 2 1/2 years and over 2900 hrs out of my original bulb. How many hours do you have on yours so far?

1850hrs. Hopefully im able to get another 1000hrs like you.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #817 of 1294 Old 03-06-2012, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

1850hrs. Hopefully im able to get another 1000hrs like you.

I think you should. You've had your pj for what, 2 years now? Maybe even longer. You don't have that many hours on it at all. Keep in mind, I use my pj for everything including tv shows, and sports too.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #818 of 1294 Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post


I think you should. You've had your pj for what, 2 years now? Maybe even longer. You don't have that many hours on it at all. Keep in mind, I use my pj for everything including tv shows, and sports too.

Did you ever clean the filter? I have to admit that ive only done it once i moved it( the installer did it actually). Apart from that I've neglected doing that job ever after that.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #819 of 1294 Old 03-07-2012, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Did you ever clean the filter? I have to admit that ive only done it once i moved it. Apart from that I've neglected doing that job ever after that.

I've only cleaned it once too. When I recently replaced the lamp.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #820 of 1294 Old 03-07-2012, 09:45 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post


I've only cleaned it once too. When I recently replaced the lamp.

Well I have another 1000 hours left before I clean it. The problem its hard to get too.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #821 of 1294 Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Well I have another 1000 hours left before I clean it. The problem its hard to get too.

You have at least 1000 hours before cleaning duty. Your pj is in it's own separate room. I would think access to it would be pretty easy?

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #822 of 1294 Old 03-08-2012, 02:56 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post


You have at least 1000 hours before cleaning duty. Your pj is in it's own separate room. I would think access to it would be pretty easy?

Nope not that easy at all.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #823 of 1294 Old 03-08-2012, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Nope not that easy at all.

Really? I recall seeing it in it's own little house. Seemed to have easy access. I need to bring a ladder in from the garage to change mine.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #824 of 1294 Old 03-08-2012, 03:23 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post


Really? I recall seeing it in it's own little house. Seemed to have easy access. I need to bring a ladder in from the garage to change mine.

Don't worry about that need a ladder as well.Its a pain.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #825 of 1294 Old 03-11-2012, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Raymond Leggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,612
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm jealous because of the star trek poster.

One shall stand... One Shall Fall... - Optimus Prime
Raymond Leggs is offline  
post #826 of 1294 Old 03-15-2012, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Leggs View Post

I'm jealous because of the star trek poster.

Thanks. I like it too.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #827 of 1294 Old 03-19-2012, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
GoCaboNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,987
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

You have at least 1000 hours before cleaning duty. Your pj is in it's own separate room. I would think access to it would be pretty easy?

I checked mine at 1000 hours and nothing, then at 1600 I had some lint in there and the panel and lamp had a haze on it. After cleaning the pic is sharper and really pops now. Hoping for 3000 hours as well.

By the way Wabo, nice set up!

Location: Beaverton, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GoCaboNow is offline  
post #828 of 1294 Old 03-24-2012, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

I checked mine at 1000 hours and nothing, then at 1600 I had some lint in there and the panel and lamp had a haze on it. After cleaning the pic is sharper and really pops now. Hoping for 3000 hours as well.

By the way Wabo, nice set up!

Hey Caboooooooo! What's happening?

I was pleasantly surprised by how many hours I got out of the original lamp. I think you will have no problem making it to 3000. At about 2000 hours I switched the pj to 'high' mode and had the aperture wide open.

When I reach about 600 hours on this new lamp I'm going to clean the "prism" and the filter again.

In the meantime I'm gonna kick back and enjoy some quality movies. Salud.


Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #829 of 1294 Old 04-01-2012, 06:23 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Hey Waboman did you get s message at 1900hrs to replace lamp?

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #830 of 1294 Old 04-02-2012, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Hey Waboman did you get s message at 1900hrs to replace lamp?

Hey, Franin.

I don't think I got the message at 1900 hours. But I'm not 100% certain. I did receive it at 2900 hours though.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #831 of 1294 Old 04-02-2012, 07:35 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post


Hey, Franin.

I don't think I got the message at 1900 hours. But I'm not 100% certain. I did receive it at 2900 hours though.

I just got it the other day everytime i turned the proj on it was on the centre of the screen. I just replaced the lamp( bought one early last year), it wasnt hard as i thought it would be so im happy about that. Resetting the lamp time was different through the remote.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #832 of 1294 Old 04-03-2012, 02:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 60
GET THE CASTERS! GET THE CASTERS!

That said, I've returned for a look at your Synergy. I may be closer to deciding on one of them for myself (despite the size challenges), though likely the a la carte version since it's not as heavy plus that style will better go with the Sanus Euros already in place here.

I know you don't use the rear panels that come with the Synergy, but do they accommodate the cords coming out those back slots pretty well?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
prepress is offline  
post #833 of 1294 Old 04-03-2012, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 7,716
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 38
"Lol. It's a funny story. Michael Dorn actually signed a very small amount. It was brought to his attention there was a contract dispute and he wasn't getting paid to sign. So he took off (just like a Klingon) . The few he did sign are worth a good chunk o' change."


LOL!

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
rezzy is offline  
post #834 of 1294 Old 04-03-2012, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I just got it the other day everytime i turned the proj on it was on the centre of the screen. I just replaced the lamp( bought one early last year), it wasnt hard as i thought it would be so im happy about that. Resetting the lamp time was different through the remote.

Hit any button and the message goes away. Way cool you had a back up lamp ready to go. Yeah, changing the lamp is really easy. Did you clean the filter too? Lol. It took me a good while to figure out how to reset the lamp time using the remote.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #835 of 1294 Old 04-03-2012, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

GET THE CASTERS! GET THE CASTERS!

That said, I've returned for a look at your Synergy. I may be closer to deciding on one of them for myself (despite the size challenges), though likely the a la carte version since it's not as heavy plus that style will better go with the Sanus Euros already in place here.

I know you don't use the rear panels that come with the Synergy, but do they accommodate the cords coming out those back slots pretty well?

Hey prepress.

Sounds like you're getting closer to getting a new stand. It can be a tough decision. Once in place, it not too easy to pack up and return.

As for the back panels, IIRC, there is a hole in each section for cable management.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #836 of 1294 Old 04-03-2012, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

"Lol. It's a funny story. Michael Dorn actually signed a very small amount. It was brought to his attention there was a contract dispute and he wasn't getting paid to sign. So he took off (just like a Klingon) . The few he did sign are worth a good chunk o' change."


LOL!

I know, typical Klingon.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #837 of 1294 Old 04-03-2012, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,925
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Just received my limited edition 3D Yoda bust. This was a Wondercon exclusive and limited to 1200.





Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is online now  
post #838 of 1294 Old 04-03-2012, 06:24 PM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Just received my limited edition 3D Yoda bust. This was a Wondercon exclusive and limited to 1200.

That's awesome!! Yoda never looked so cool.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #839 of 1294 Old 04-04-2012, 02:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Hey prepress.

Sounds like you're getting closer to getting a new stand. It can be a tough decision. Once in place, it not too easy to pack up and return.

As for the back panels, IIRC, there is a hole in each section for cable management.

There are nicer racks out there, but the versatility of the Synergy is hard to argue with. The spaces at the top and bottom of the back panel seem as though they'll accommodate whatever cables I put inside that need to run outside. Either walnut or black, with black pillars at this point. Black shows dust too well (and there's plenty of that here), but that might look best with my otherwise all-black system setup.

Is there some sort of cable management system involving the pillars? I though I heard something about that but haven't noticed it on Salamander's website.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
prepress is offline  
post #840 of 1294 Old 04-04-2012, 10:14 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post


Did you clean the filter too?

Not yet!!

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Martin Logan , Marantz Av8801 , Jl Audio Fathom F113 Gloss 13 5 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off