My Rockin' Room - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #901 of 1294 Old 08-29-2012, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
The new super-de-duper XT32 mic.biggrin.gif

6C048401-C2BB-41C3-8489-03E38AC49223-1000-000000AE889BFC68.jpg

And the old "regular" Audyssey mic. Still on the stand.

35239AD4-D03E-473F-8516-A9CD1580F32C-1000-000000AE6223F937.jpg

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #902 of 1294 Old 08-30-2012, 03:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

The new super-de-duper XT32 mic.biggrin.gif
6C048401-C2BB-41C3-8489-03E38AC49223-1000-000000AE889BFC68.jpg
And the old "regular" Audyssey mic. Still on the stand.
35239AD4-D03E-473F-8516-A9CD1580F32C-1000-000000AE6223F937.jpg

Make sure you change Mics wabo before you calibrate. Dont want to be using the old one

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #903 of 1294 Old 09-01-2012, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Make sure you change Mics wabo before you calibrate. Dont want to be using the old one

Ran my first XT32 cal last night. Thanks for the guidance oh, Audyssey guru.cool.gif I did notice the new mic is smaller and lighter than the original mic. Just an observation.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is offline  
post #904 of 1294 Old 09-01-2012, 10:16 AM
Member
 
goto10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Waboman, I'm mostly a lurker but your gear is enough to pull me out of the shadows. What a beautiful setup you have! It's pure a/v pr0n. *drool*
goto10 is offline  
post #905 of 1294 Old 09-01-2012, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by goto10 View Post

Waboman, I'm mostly a lurker but your gear is enough to pull me out of the shadows. What a beautiful setup you have! It's pure a/v pr0n. *drool*

Howdy, goto10. Thanks for dropping by and the very kind words. You should come out of the shadows more often.smile.gif

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is offline  
post #906 of 1294 Old 09-01-2012, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Look what was delivered today. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The big Mac attack towel.biggrin.gif

C4AC299D-67B9-4A7B-A643-6288FAA8D471-1033-000000B33053A45D.jpg

288AB25B-E9DD-4087-8E48-58F8C9911E02-1033-000000B3624AD978.jpg

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is offline  
post #907 of 1294 Old 09-01-2012, 06:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
That's awesome waboman btw it's father's day here today. Happy Fathers Day.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #908 of 1294 Old 09-22-2012, 08:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Hey wabo just use the iphone4s to send the vids.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #909 of 1294 Old 09-22-2012, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Hey wabo just use the iphone4s to send the vids.

No S. Still slummin' it with the 4. But you still got some vids last night.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is offline  
post #910 of 1294 Old 09-25-2012, 05:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Hey Wabo hows it going bud ? Have you heard from Seth?

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #911 of 1294 Old 09-25-2012, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Hey Wabo hows it going bud ? Have you heard from Seth?

Not much going on over here. After the AVP upgrade and Darblet purchase, it's all quiet on the HT front. How about you? Enjoying your new projector? Have you watched any 3D movies on it? I hear from ohyeah32 occasionally. He's quite the culinary wizard. I told him he should film a pilot for FoodTV. I know he had his heart set on the big LG 84" 4k tv. But was heartbroken when it came out at $19k.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is offline  
post #912 of 1294 Old 09-26-2012, 04:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
No 3D over here, don't care too much for it. So what is Seth next plan of attack?

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #913 of 1294 Old 09-26-2012, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

No 3D over here, don't care too much for it. So what is Seth next plan of attack?

I'm not a fan of 3D at home either. But don't mind it in the theater if done right. We went to Resident Evil: Retribution at the IMAX last week. That was some of the best 3D I've seen. Plus Milla in tight outfits kickin' zombie ass doesn't hurt.biggrin.gif Im not sure what ohyeah32's next move is. I guess he'll continue to play the waiting game and hope prices come down.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is offline  
post #914 of 1294 Old 09-27-2012, 09:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I'm not a fan of 3D at home either. But don't mind it in the theater if done right. We went to Resident Evil: Retribution at the IMAX last week. That was some of the best 3D I've seen. Plus Milla in tight outfits kickin' zombie ass doesn't hurt.biggrin.gif Im not sure what ohyeah32's next move is. I guess he'll continue to play the waiting game and hope prices come down.


I agree I don't mind the 3D in the cinemas. How was resident Evil: Retribution I heard there was a bit if a twist in that movie is that true? I'm glad Milla can still pull it off, she's one sexy woman.
I think Seth need to go down the projector route, get himself a Stewart and he will never look back.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #915 of 1294 Old 09-29-2012, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

I agree I don't mind the 3D in the cinemas. How was resident Evil: Retribution I heard there was a bit if a twist in that movie is that true? I'm glad Milla can still pull it off, she's one sexy woman.
I think Seth need to go down the projector route, get himself a Stewart and he will never look back.

Ohyeah32's HT is in his living room, I believe. Not sure how he would control all the light with a projector. I know he's toyed around with the idea before.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is offline  
post #916 of 1294 Old 09-30-2012, 02:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Ohyeah32's HT is in his living room, I believe. Not sure how he would control all the light with a projector. I know he's toyed around with the idea before.

Im sure he must have blinds or curtains or some type of window coverings. I think a projector will go well for him.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #917 of 1294 Old 10-06-2012, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Im sure he must have blinds or curtains or some type of window coverings. I think a projector will go well for him.

I think his heart is with an 84" 4k set. Whether it's the new Sony, LG, or some other upcoming set. He did mention something about a red ray laser projector. I dunno.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is offline  
post #918 of 1294 Old 10-06-2012, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Well, after much back and forth I've decided to let my Darbee go. Be free lil' Darblet.biggrin.gif I just listed it on eBay. In fact, I think it's the only one listed. Anyway, it was just too buggy and didn't do it for me. There's only so much magenta I can take.tongue.gif

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is offline  
post #919 of 1294 Old 10-06-2012, 06:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Well, after much back and forth I've decided to let my Darbee go. Be free lil' Darblet.biggrin.gif I just listed it on eBay. In fact, I think it's the only one listed. Anyway, it was just too buggy and didn't do it for me. There's only so much magenta I can take.tongue.gif

Don't blame you buddy.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #920 of 1294 Old 10-10-2012, 10:11 PM
wse
AVS Special Member
 
wse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post



Sweet, impressive your room rocks biggrin.gif
wse is online now  
post #921 of 1294 Old 10-10-2012, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Don't blame you buddy.

Now only if I could get the Mrs. to not blame me.biggrin.gif

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is offline  
post #922 of 1294 Old 10-10-2012, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

Sweet, impressive your room rocks biggrin.gif

Thanks, wse. Ohyeah32 made that for me.

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is offline  
post #923 of 1294 Old 10-10-2012, 10:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Now only if I could get the Mrs. to not blame me.biggrin.gif

That's what there for lol biggrin.gif

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #924 of 1294 Old 10-10-2012, 10:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Thanks, wse. Ohyeah32 made that for me.

Seth did graphics for my remote once, the man is a genius.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #925 of 1294 Old 10-25-2012, 09:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Hey wabo how are you going, it's been awhile just want to check in and see how your doing.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #926 of 1294 Old 10-25-2012, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Seth did graphics for my remote once, the man is a genius.

Yes sir. The guy is s genius.cool.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Hey wabo how are you going, it's been awhile just want to check in and see how your doing.

Hey there, Franin.

Thanks for checking in. How goes it down under? I'm just chillin' like a villain. Any new additions to that phenomenal HT of yours?

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is offline  
post #927 of 1294 Old 10-25-2012, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Terraforming Planet Wabo
Posts: 6,577
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 251
I was cleaning out one of our bookshelves tonight and came across these. A stack of Mobile Fidelity 24 karat gold CD-R's. I forgot I even had 'em. Score.biggrin.gif



2B005D9B-5324-45D4-8C3C-4877DC9B1111-432-00000042DB699121.jpg

Growing Older But Not Up
Waboman is offline  
post #928 of 1294 Old 10-26-2012, 08:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I was cleaning out one of our bookshelves tonight and came across these. A stack of Mobile Fidelity 24 karat gold CD-R's. I forgot I even had 'em. Score.biggrin.gif
2B005D9B-5324-45D4-8C3C-4877DC9B1111-432-00000042DB699121.jpg

Good score I love it when that happens.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is offline  
post #929 of 1294 Old 11-02-2012, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ddgtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In A Government Yard In SacTown
Posts: 1,830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
That's the way Wabo rolls!! A stack of 24k baby, them NBA players with the 1k earrings got nothing on my man Wabo!!

How are you doing, my friend? Chilling to the sound of the kickass ML/Macs, I assume... Are you getting the new Halo 4? Me and Brolic are going to shoot us some grunts and elites and save the Earth...
ddgtr is offline  
post #930 of 1294 Old 11-02-2012, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
prepress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 3,290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

I was cleaning out one of our bookshelves tonight and came across these. A stack of Mobile Fidelity 24 karat gold CD-R's. I forgot I even had 'em. Score.biggrin.gif
2B005D9B-5324-45D4-8C3C-4877DC9B1111-432-00000042DB699121.jpg

And they're unused. Perhaps you can burn a few compilations of favorites to keep by your setup to wow folks who come over. Or just put them out somewhere conspicuous. That alone will tell people you're dangerous, especially if juxtaposed with the 501s.
prepress is offline  
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Martin Logan , Marantz Av8801 , Jl Audio Fathom F113 Gloss 13 5 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off