My Rockin' Room - Page 45 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1321 of 1322 Unread Today, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Sorry guys. I just don't buy into the magic cable flimflam.
You'd need to see my thread for the whole story, but this is not me going after hype. This is the result of an in-home test where I swapped out one interconnect for another one and the difference in sound wasn't subtle. The low frequencies filled in and there was more weight to the sound. This was Transparent MusicLink Plus (now just "Plus") replacing Kimber Hero on my BD player. The Transparent's not cheap—$400 for a 1m pair—but I'm wondering whether to take the plunge. The next model down is MusicLink, at $200/1m pair. I want to investigate if there's a big difference between the two, maybe the cheaper cable will be almost as good; but, it's a lighter gauge. Before I go for either of them, I'm going to put the system back as it was to see what I think of the Kimber again. The Plus is, I believe, a heavier gauge than the Hero also, so that's a factor for sure.

I don't believe all the hype either. But I believe what I heard here yesterday.

VPI, Grado, SME, Pioneer Elite, Magnum Dynalab, Oppo, DVDO, McIntosh, Mullard, Mirage, Kimber, Audioquest, Transparent, MIT, Pangea, Wireworld, Shunyata, PS Audio, Furman, Sanus, Conntek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1322 Unread Today, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
I know what you mean regarding sleep. I could with a 1 week sleep as well.
Regarding power cords have you looked at isotek? There quite good. English company.

Frank
I've heard and read a lot of good things about Isotek. I watched their videos for Audio Advisor and enjoyed them. I haven't looked at their power cords specifically, though. I already have the lower-end Wireworld cords mostly, and will probably go that route.

VPI, Grado, SME, Pioneer Elite, Magnum Dynalab, Oppo, DVDO, McIntosh, Mullard, Mirage, Kimber, Audioquest, Transparent, MIT, Pangea, Wireworld, Shunyata, PS Audio, Furman, Sanus, Conntek
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Martin Logan , Marantz Av8801 , Jl Audio Fathom F113 Gloss 13 5 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page