Roger That 2.0: New Digs, New Gear, New Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
First ... 2  3  4
What's Your System Configuration > Roger That 2.0: New Digs, New Gear, New Thread
MichaelJHuman's Avatar MichaelJHuman 04:48 AM 03-18-2011
Nice setup, nice photos. I dont think I have ever been in that area of Chicago.

The TV seems to be up a bit high? is that just my imagination, or is it a bit above eye level?

Roger That's Avatar Roger That 03:06 PM 03-18-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post
Nice setup, nice photos. I dont think I have ever been in that area of Chicago.

The TV seems to be up a bit high? is that just my imagination, or is it a bit above eye level?

Nope. Eye level is about a third of the way up on the TV, and the TV is angled slightly downward. The PJ screen is higher than I would like by a few inches, though, and I might add something to lower it a bit.
Dr.Evazan's Avatar Dr.Evazan 07:08 AM 03-19-2011
angling oyour tv was a good idea. i just bought a new panny and im struggling to find a happy medium between tv height and center channel height (the center is right beneath it)
The Dark Knut's Avatar The Dark Knut 04:18 PM 04-01-2011
1st off AWESOME. 2nd you placed your subs directly behind the couch. What brought you to do this and any problems with being able to localize the subs? How did you get them to blend in?
Roger That's Avatar Roger That 04:30 PM 04-03-2011
Placement behind the couch is a product of having nowhere else to put them. Didn't have room up front, and the room simply isn't big enough to place them anywhere else without it looking like they're out of place.

As far as blending, they don't localize at all. Audyssey MultiEQ XT32 has done some awesome things with my room, IMO. Eventually, I plan to add an SMS-1 or similar to try and improve it further.
thaxphenomx's Avatar thaxphenomx 09:14 PM 11-22-2011
I just stumbled upon this thread while googling Salamander Synergy Stands with an Emotiva amp haha. First off, your condo is amazing. I must admit your home theater setup has given me some great ideas. I think I'm now going to do something similar for the surrounds. I currently have my rears on the wall behind the couch 8 feet off the ground angled toward the listening area and there is much to be desired there. How do you like your surrounds close to your couch like that?

I've been planning on getting basically everything you have component wise haha. I haven't decided on my front stage speakers yet but the Verus Grand line is in the running. Looks like you give them a nice recommendation.

I'm with you on speaker cables, I don't mind paying to get high quality, good looking cables even if they don't add to the sound quality. I love the looks of the Emotiva speaker cables.

I was planning on getting the Salamander Synergy Triple and down the road an Emotiva amp. If I get the doors and leave the back panel off do you think I'll be okay? I will probably have to have the stand a few inches away from the wall to make sure the amp fits.

Awesome setup man. Thanks for the pics.
Roger That's Avatar Roger That 09:51 AM 11-25-2011
Thanks, thaxphenomx.

I don't mind the surrounds where they are, but as is the case with most of my placement decisions, there aren't a lot of other choices. I toyed with the idea of ceiling-mounting them, but didn't feel like that would look that great when you enter the room, and would limit my never-ending tweaking of things. As much as I love my place, I long for a larger room just to spread things out a bit. My speakers can really fill up a room pretty well, and it would be great to have the room to push them.

On the Synergy stand, I've now had it for two years, and am still a huge fan of it. Incredibly strong, high-quality, and still looks great. Definitely a step up from the MDF stuff I've always had in the past. Yes, as long as you leave the back off, you could add doors to the front and have the Emotiva amps fit nicely. They hang out the back, but it's no big deal to me.

I'm due for some new pictures at some point. I've replaced the XPA-3 with an XPA-5, moved the subs to the front (which doesn't look as good, but sounds a LOT better), and angled the surrounds a bit differently. The UPA-2 is still there, but I don't use it, currently; I plan to add heights at some point, I think, which the UPA-2 will power.

Thanks again.
thaxphenomx's Avatar thaxphenomx 02:29 PM 11-25-2011
Yeah if you could take some pictures that would be great. I'd like to see the back of your synergy stand with your amps and the surround speakers. Good idea with the subs, you should look into auralex products. It made my sub sound even better. I have a couch shaped just like yours and not a lot of room around the couch so the speakers would need to be close like yours. What stands are those on and how did you get the speaker wires back there cleanly?

Thanks for sharing your setup. I'm constantly tweaking my system as well and just buying a little at a time. I'm going to take pictures of my setup and start my own thread soon.
Roger That's Avatar Roger That 01:16 PM 12-02-2011
For stands I just got some generic ones from Aperion...it was whatever they had on their site. They can probably be had on standsandmounts.com or similar.

On the cabling, I used techflex around the window-side of the room...it's surprisingly invisible to the eye unless you're looking for it. Works great!
Spanbauer's Avatar Spanbauer 07:09 PM 12-06-2011
Incredible setup, incredible home! Very well done, Roger that!
Roger That's Avatar Roger That 05:38 PM 12-13-2011
Thanks, Spanbauer!
trek737's Avatar trek737 04:30 PM 12-21-2011
Very clean and beautiful setup. Oh yeah not a bad few either!
Roger That's Avatar Roger That 09:40 AM 01-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek737 View Post

Very clean and beautiful setup. Oh yeah not a bad few either!

Thanks, trek737
pokekevin's Avatar pokekevin 12:35 PM 01-16-2012
Very nice set up! Didn't see that projector in the first place lol
Ralph-Holland's Avatar Ralph-Holland 04:53 AM 03-12-2012
Very nice setup Roger! It looks really cool.

Do you post a picture with the subwoofers on the front?
SJTrance's Avatar SJTrance 07:48 AM 03-15-2012
Beautiful place, man. Awesome.
Roger That's Avatar Roger That 03:26 PM 05-10-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

Very nice set up! Didn't see that projector in the first place lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph-Holland View Post

Very nice setup Roger! It looks really cool.

Do you post a picture with the subwoofers on the front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJTrance View Post

Beautiful place, man. Awesome.

Thanks, guys!

Ralph, I haven't posted a pic with the subs up front. Keep meaning to do that. I have some on my camera at home. Traveling currently, but will post one when I get back.
Roger That's Avatar Roger That 11:22 AM 05-28-2012
Finally getting around to posting a couple of pics with the subs up front:

Also updated original post to reflect the change.
BasicBlak's Avatar BasicBlak 09:01 PM 06-04-2012
I continue to be completely and utterly awestruck at your fabulous setup, Roger... Simply amazing! Keep up the great work, my friend.
First ... 2  3  4

Up
Mobile  Desktop