Bigham16 Home Theater - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 185 Old 10-03-2014, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Okay, I thought with the original position of my ceiling speakers, vertical/flat with about a 2.5" tilt up, it sounded good but I felt it was lacking somewhere. I had mentioned before, I was getting a lot of action in the back of the room (Ha! that sounds funny). But I wasn't really getting the front overhead effect I was really wanting or thinking would be there. It was there but I thought it could be better. So I did some tinkering last night and re-angled the ceiling speakers as shown in the pictures.

EDIT: The on-ceiling speakers are not pointing straight down. They are slightly tilted into the listening area.

With my new angles I went straight for chapter 20 in TF4. What a HUGE difference in sound this made!!! I now have that complete "dome" sound and it is very very impressive. The front and back ceiling speakers are completely even in sound. I didn't think it would have made this much difference but I am sure glad I tried.

Advertisement

post #182 of 185 Old 10-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Such a great setup! So, do you somehow switch between your on-ceilings and your front wide + heights now?
Bigham16 likes this.

post #183 of 185 Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Love the setup! I can't wait to hear an Atmos home demo. Down here in Austin I don't think any exist yet.

I'm curious whether you evaluated in ceiling versus on ceiling options from Golden Ear. If so, what pushed you towards on wall / on ceiling.

Also, have you heard the Triton 1's? Itching to upgrade from the 2's? Or is that not really a consideration (given you have such an amazing system as it is)?.
Bigham16 likes this.

Last edited by Longhorn69; Today at 02:52 PM.
post #184 of 185 Old Today, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thank you!! No, I actually took my front heights down last weekend. It look a little ridiculous with all those speakers on the walls

I am sure I will find some other place to use them

EDIT: I still have the wides set up. I can switch from Dolby Surround to NEO:X but I have only been using Dolby Surround for everything, it's that good!!

I am hoping one day soon I will be able to use the wides with at least Dolby Atmos. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAV View Post
Such a great setup! So, do you somehow switch between your on-ceilings and your front wide + heights now?

Last edited by Bigham16; Today at 02:29 PM.
post #185 of 185 Old Today, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thank you!!!!

I was going to go with in-ceiling at first but they weren't going to work with my beveled ceiling. They would've been too much in the middle of the room.

BUT I am very glad I went with on-ceiling and not in-ceiling. I was able to adjust them by toeing them in at the main listing position which made a huge difference, than when they were pointing straight down. And I have the freedom to move them around if I want and not stuck with 7" holes in my ceiling if I wanted to experiment.

Funny you ask about the Triton 1's. I placed my ordered yesterday after battling with myself for over a month. My dealer is giving me a great trade in offer and didn't want to pass it up.

If you are ever in the Dallas area, I would be happy to let you come and listen.

Thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn69 View Post
Love the setup! I can't wait to hear an Atmos home demo. Down hear in Austin I don't think any exist yet.

I'm curious whether you evaluated in ceiling versus on ceiling options from Golden Ear. If so, what pushed you towards on wall / on ceiling.

Also, have you heard the Triton 1's? Itching to upgrade from the 2's? Or is that not really a consideration (given you have such an amazing system as it is)?.

Last edited by Bigham16; Today at 02:30 PM.
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Definitive Technology , Svs Pb12 Plus Black Oak 12 Inch 800 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Sony Vpl Hw30es 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Pioneer Elite Sc 57 Sc57 9 1 Channel 3d Ready A V Receiver , Emotiva Xpa 3 Amplifier , Panamax M5300 Pm 11 Outlet Clean Power Level 4 Black , Logitech Harmony 900 Universal Remote Control Infrared Harmony 900 Rem W Rf Receiver
Gear in this thread - 1080p by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page