Bigham16 Home Theater - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 156 Old 02-16-2010, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bigham16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Updated 05/03/2014
 
NEW PHOTOS ADDED

Speakers 11.2:
GoldenEar Technology
Center: SuperCenter XL
L/R Fronts: Triton 2
Surround Sides: SuperSat 50
Surround Backs: SuperSat 50
Front Heights: SuperSat 50c
Front Wides: SuperSat 50 (not pictured)
Subwoofers:
SVS PB12-Plus Bash Amp
SVS PB12-Plus Sledge Amp
Projector:
Sony HW55ES
Screen:
DragonFly 100"
Receiver:
Denon 4520 (not pictured)
Amps:
Emotive XPA-5 Gen2 (not pictured) 
Components:
PS4, PS3, Xbox One, TiVo Mini, Apple TV, Oppo BDP-103D, Pro-Ject Carbon Turntable.
Power:
Furman Elite-15 PF (not pictured)
Remote:
Logitech Harmony Ultimate 
Audio Rack:
VTI BL Series
Acoustic Treatments:
2 Auralex Great Gramma under each sub
ATS Acoustic Panels (15 pieces total)
Room Size:
13' x 18' with 10' ceiling - 2340 Cubic Feet
 
Latest Photos:







Last edited by Bigham16; 06-24-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Bigham16 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 156 Old 02-16-2010, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
osofast240sx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 1,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigham16 View Post

I am very proud

Definitive Technology Speakers:
Center: C/L/R 2002
L/R Fronts: BP 7002s
Surround Sides: ProMonitor 1000s
Surround Backs: ProMonitor 800s
Subwoofer: SuberCube II

Receiver: VSX-23TXH

TV: Panasonic TC-P58S1

Components: PS3 Slim, Wii (never use), Xbox 360 Elite, Verizon Fios HD DVR, Panamax M5300-PM.

Thank the good Lord!!!

Pics my plano friend
osofast240sx is offline  
post #3 of 156 Old 02-16-2010, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
pcweber111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Posts: 3,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Dang us Local North Dallas types are creeping up all over the place.

Pix pls.
pcweber111 is offline  
post #4 of 156 Old 02-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
jnnt29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I too would like to see those pictures!
jnnt29 is offline  
post #5 of 156 Old 02-16-2010, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bigham16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I will take pictures tonight

I have attached a layout of my room to my original post.
Bigham16 is offline  
post #6 of 156 Old 02-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Member
 
BAdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How'd you get that GoW3 Demo!?!?!

I'm diggin the setup. You can say I have a bit of a smaller and older setup to exactly what you have (Panny Plasma with DefTech all around).

Awesome job on speaker placement too. That's impressive how you got the sides and rear's mounted, especially on that angled wall.
BAdz is offline  
post #7 of 156 Old 02-16-2010, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bigham16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAdz View Post

How'd you get that GoW3 Demo!?!?!

I'm diggin the setup. You can say I have a bit of a smaller and older setup to exactly what you have (Panny Plasma with DefTech all around).

Awesome job on speaker placement too. That's impressive how you got the sides and rear's mounted, especially on that angled wall.

Thank you very much. It was more luck on sides and rear mounts. Took some time to get the just right.

Just sent you a PM about GOWIII
Bigham16 is offline  
post #8 of 156 Old 02-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Senior Member
 
kevon27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I need to know.. what is that plugged into the verizon fios usb port. Is that a hard drive??? tell. tell..
kevon27 is offline  
post #9 of 156 Old 02-16-2010, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bigham16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevon27 View Post

I need to know.. what is that plugged into the verizon fios usb port. Is that a hard drive??? tell. tell..

LOL. Would be really cool if I possessed those kinds of skills. It's an external USB fan. That Verizon box puts out some heat!!! I have two more, one hooked up to the PS3 and the other to the Xbox. Thinking about getting another for the receiver.
Bigham16 is offline  
post #10 of 156 Old 02-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Senior Member
 
kevon27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigham16 View Post

LOL. Would be really cool if I possessed those kinds of skills. It's an external USB fan. That Verizon box puts out some heat!!! I have two more, one hooked up to the PS3 and the other to the Xbox. Thinking about getting another for the receiver.

Ah man. I got so excited. I thought can finally get an external HD to expand my HD recordings.
kevon27 is offline  
post #11 of 156 Old 02-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Member
 
bhpizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Very nice setup. We're building a similar system, (DefTech/Pioneer Elite).

bhpizza is offline  
post #12 of 156 Old 02-16-2010, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
g_bartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: cleveland, oh
Posts: 3,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Nice, neat install. Bravo.

g_bartman is offline  
post #13 of 156 Old 02-17-2010, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bigham16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpizza View Post

Very nice setup. We're building a similar system, (DefTech/Pioneer Elite).

Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman View Post

Nice, neat install. Bravo.

Thank you very much
Bigham16 is offline  
post #14 of 156 Old 02-17-2010, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
osofast240sx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 1,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
nice are those towers toed in?
osofast240sx is offline  
post #15 of 156 Old 02-17-2010, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bigham16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by osofast240sx View Post

nice are those towers toed in?

Yes. The left is lined up with the left seat of the couch and the right is lined up with the right seat of the couch, 3 seat couch.
Bigham16 is offline  
post #16 of 156 Old 02-17-2010, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
hometheatergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
hey Bigham16 welcome to our little family here on WYSC. You have done a fine job on wiring the surrounds. I also like the credezena below your Flat panel. Your dog looks like he needs some attention so get with it! lol

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
hometheatergeek is online now  
post #17 of 156 Old 02-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
jnnt29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 790
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I like what you did with the Sub and the table!
jnnt29 is offline  
post #18 of 156 Old 02-17-2010, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bigham16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

hey Bigham16 welcome to our little family here on WYSC. You have done a fine job on wiring the surrounds. I also like the credezena below your Flat panel. Your dog looks like he needs some attention so get with it! lol

I have REALLY enjoyed viewing everyone's setup. It's a real treat. I have been on this forum for almost a year and half and had know idea about this section. Thank you for the wiring comment. I purchased the credezena at IKEA. I really want a newer/nicer one but who doesn't? I just got done moving the surround sides back about 15". HUGE improvement in sound (thanks stevejason777) I will do pictures soon.

As for the dog, he acts like nobody pets him
Bigham16 is offline  
post #19 of 156 Old 02-17-2010, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bigham16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 View Post

I like what you did with the Sub and the table!

Thanks. That SuperCube II might be small but it packs quite the punch. Wife likes it because she can put all of her magazines on top in the basket.
Bigham16 is offline  
post #20 of 156 Old 02-17-2010, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bigham16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Here are the before and after shots of moving the side surrounds about 15" back. It took about two hours but they are exactly 9' 4" for the center of the couch and exactly across from each other.

On a side note you can that the paint does not match very well. Went to HD a while back and thought what was a perfect match ended up looking like...well you see

After
Bigham16 is offline  
post #21 of 156 Old 02-17-2010, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pcweber111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Posts: 3,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Yeah I love DefTech subs. The Supercubes are amazing performers. I almost bought one in the recent past but decided to stick with my Velodyne (that's recently sold). If I decide to stay with a smaller sub with larger amp I will definitely consider them.

You really do have quite an impressive setup. I love the look and would be interested in hearing how movies sound on it. Good job.
pcweber111 is offline  
post #22 of 156 Old 02-17-2010, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bigham16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Yeah I love DefTech subs. The Supercubes are amazing performers. I almost bought one in the recent past but decided to stick with my Velodyne (that's recently sold). If I decide to stay with a smaller sub with larger amp I will definitely consider them.

You really do have quite an impressive setup. I love the look and would be interested in hearing how movies sound on it. Good job.

Thanks pcweber111. People are so nice on hear. I really didn't think I would be getting some many great comments.

Just sent you a PM.
Bigham16 is offline  
post #23 of 156 Old 02-17-2010, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pcweber111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Posts: 3,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Hey I have to say this is probably the best sub forum on AVS. I love coming here every day to talk to others about their systems. Plus it's a treat to see how people arrange their stuff lol.
pcweber111 is offline  
post #24 of 156 Old 02-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Member
 
BAdz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigham16 View Post

Here are the before and after shots of moving the side surrounds about 15" back. It took about two hours but they are exactly 9' 4" for the center of the couch and exactly across from each other.

On a side note you can that the paint does not match very well. Went to HD a while back and thought what was a perfect match ended up looking like...well you see

Before


After

Is that the dog belly up?? haha. Does he ever move??
BAdz is offline  
post #25 of 156 Old 02-18-2010, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bigham16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAdz View Post

Is that the dog belly up?? haha. Does he ever move??

LMAO!!!! It would seem like it. He actual has back problems so he really can't play without throwing his back out and spending two weeks in the kennel.
Bigham16 is offline  
post #26 of 156 Old 02-18-2010, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
pcweber111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a van, down by the river.
Posts: 3,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 262
That sucks. That's like a death sentence for a dog, not being able to go out and run around. Jeez.
pcweber111 is offline  
post #27 of 156 Old 02-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Senior Member
 
overwilhelmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Hey I have to say this is probably the best sub forum on AVS. I love coming here every day to talk to others about their systems. Plus it's a treat to see how people arrange their stuff lol.

I agree, I can look through this forum more so than the other HT threads dedicated to construction and all that.

As for the setup, looks great! What 360 is that? Is that an elite? The black looks a bit different.

PS3 Gamer Tag: WastedSauce
360 Gamer Tag: Thrillhelm
overwilhelmed is offline  
post #28 of 156 Old 02-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Senior Member
 
S-dogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Here, of course
Posts: 419
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by overwilhelmed View Post

What 360 is that? Is that an elite? The black looks a bit different.

And what Wii is that? I thought the black models were only available overseas.

Insanity is just a state of mind

Visit the Atomic Playground for the latest on movies, video games, computers, and more!
http://atomic-playground.blogspot.com
S-dogg is offline  
post #29 of 156 Old 02-19-2010, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bigham16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by overwilhelmed View Post

I agree, I can look through this forum more so than the other HT threads dedicated to construction and all that.

As for the setup, looks great! What 360 is that? Is that an elite? The black looks a bit different.

Thanks for comments. It is just the regular elite. The flash from the camera might make it look different.
Bigham16 is offline  
post #30 of 156 Old 02-19-2010, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Bigham16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-dogg View Post

And what Wii is that? I thought the black models were only available overseas.

I bought a black case online. I had to take the whole Wii apart. Turned out great but it took a few hours to but it back together.
Bigham16 is offline  
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Definitive Technology , Svs Pb12 Plus Black Oak 12 Inch 800 Watt Powered Subwoofer , Sony Vpl Hw30es 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector , Pioneer Elite Sc 57 Sc57 9 1 Channel 3d Ready A V Receiver , Emotiva Xpa 3 Amplifier , Panamax M5300 Pm 11 Outlet Clean Power Level 4 Black , Logitech Harmony 900 Universal Remote Control Infrared Harmony 900 Rem W Rf Receiver
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off