Rich's Variable Image Size System - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #91 of 101 Old 06-04-2013, 08:24 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1813 Post(s)
Liked: 700

Rich,

Your theater is very nice, elegant and well design, I could not agree more about the wide screen.  My screen is 10 feet wide we sit 12 feet away from it and I love it I wished I had a 14 feet wide screen :)

Once I have a dedicated room my goal is to have the largest screen I can with black velvet around the images in your pictures pop out of the screen!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 101 Old 06-05-2013, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1838 Post(s)
Liked: 1549
Thanks wse.

It's interesting, in using my variable size approach even though I can now have up to a 125" wide image when I want, I often choose not to have the image that big. Source quality really varies and some movies look better at somewhat smaller sizes.
post #93 of 101 Old 06-05-2013, 03:18 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1813 Post(s)
Liked: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

Thanks wse. It's interesting, in using my variable size approach even though I can now have up to a 125" wide image when I want, I often choose not to have the image that big. Source quality really varies and some movies look better at somewhat smaller sizes.

You are welcome, yes DVDs don't look good on a 10 feet wide screen, Blu Ray if well mastered look fantastic! I can't wait for true 4K
post #94 of 101 Old 03-25-2015, 06:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hello my friend i saw your setup which is beautiful by the way and you gave me the solution for my room!I will use black velvet curtains on the walls so make the room disappear and i will keep their bright colour for when i will not watch movies...the only place i cant put black velvet is behind the screen and at ceiling.I was thinking to paint those 2 Dark Grey!whats your opinion?
post #95 of 101 Old 10-28-2015, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 112
@R Harkness , whats your seating distance from that screen, and what height is the bottom from the floor please?

Display : JVC X7000 Projector | SE 103" Enlightor 4k | LG 65B6 OLED |
Sources : Panasonic UB900 UHD Player | Apple TV3 | HTPC | Sky HD | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Marantz 8802A | Genelec 8050 LCR | Monitor Audio IDC Sides & Rears | Seaton Submersive Master/Slave |
Control : Control 4 |
post #96 of 101 Old 04-14-2016, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Rich,

I always love referring back to this thread when I show people the capabilities of even a small space. Do you think you could rehost the images? It looks like they dont load anymore
post #97 of 101 Old 04-15-2016, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisnub View Post
Rich,

I always love referring back to this thread when I show people the capabilities of even a small space. Do you think you could rehost the images? It looks like they dont load anymore
Unfortunately imageshack, which hosted my images, changed their policy and you have to pay a monthly fee for photos that can be linked to any forums. I didn't pay the fee (didn't even know about it) and they dumped my photos. Gone.

If I can find time I'll repost at least some of them. Not sure what on-line image hosting to use at this point.
post #98 of 101 Old 04-17-2016, 05:27 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post
Unfortunately imageshack, which hosted my images, changed their policy and you have to pay a monthly fee for photos that can be linked to any forums. I didn't pay the fee (didn't even know about it) and they dumped my photos. Gone.

If I can find time I'll repost at least some of them. Not sure what on-line image hosting to use at this point.
It's a bummer when you "invest" in a forum and then it changes policy or disappears.
I did that with various forums before becoming active on AVS.
Bummer.

Mike
post #99 of 101 Old Today, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

I didn't notice that others had inquired about your photos. If you want to snap a few new ones you can throw them up here. Easy to use and less cruft than the old services. http://postimage.org

AVR | Yamaha RX-A3050 // Projection | Epson HC 3500 // Speakers | Fluance XL series (7) SVS Subs (.2) Origin C62 (.4)
post #100 of 101 Old Today, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecchino View Post
I didn't notice that others had inquired about your photos. If you want to snap a few new ones you can throw them up here. Easy to use and less cruft than the old services. http://postimage.org
Thanks for the suggestion. I also wondered about using Google Photos (?)
post #101 of 101 Old Today, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I also wondered about using Google Photos (?)

There are certainly many options. Google photos would likely stick around for a long time. The service I listed might be simpler to use as you can just upload and embed links.

AVR | Yamaha RX-A3050 // Projection | Epson HC 3500 // Speakers | Fluance XL series (7) SVS Subs (.2) Origin C62 (.4)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page