post #31 of 660 Old 09-06-2010, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchulte View Post

Did you once have L and R fronts in wall?

Yes, but but not for the home theater - they are still there, originally connected to an Elan whole house audio system, and now connected to a Sonos Zone Player, though I rarely use it in that room anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 660 Old 09-06-2010, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Very nice setup.
post #33 of 660 Old 09-08-2010, 07:08 PM

Liked: 10
So Modern design, It is valuable for me to apply to decorate my room.
post #34 of 660 Old 10-31-2010, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Thrang,

How about some pics of the updated configuration?
post #35 of 660 Old 10-31-2010, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 261
So uh, ever have neighborhood movie nights?

Seriously though, amazing stuff. You gonna keep the RBH's for the surround backs or do you want to upgrade them to match the main surrounds? Sorry if you've already answered it, I didn't see.
post #36 of 660 Old 11-02-2010, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

I wanna hump those speakers. So sexy...

*cough* Sorry.
post #37 of 660 Old 11-02-2010, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

I wanna hump those speakers. So sexy...

*cough* Sorry.

Let me enjoy them before you take the shine off them....
post #38 of 660 Old 11-04-2010, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

post #39 of 660 Old 11-05-2010, 08:05 AM

Liked: 16
Uh huh,these are very nice speakers indeed only if had the money.
I wonder if his neighbors love him when the jl audo subs kick in.
great setup 5/5
post #40 of 660 Old 11-05-2010, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

So how's the break-in period going so far?

Haven't had too much time since installing except to watch a few hockey games at low volume - hoping to get them cranking today and tomorrow with a variety of music..
post #41 of 660 Old 11-05-2010, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDigitalGuy05 View Post

Uh huh,these are very nice speakers indeed only if had the money.
I wonder if his neighbors love him when the jl audo subs kick in.
great setup 5/5

Thanks - nearest neighbor is 150 feet away - its my wife in the next room that's the challenge...
post #42 of 660 Old 11-07-2010, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 156
EFFFING COOL Thrang, Too sweet. I just finished reading the TAS 802Di review, and I just want to start saving and saving and saving for a pair of those bad boys

Big congrats

Djoel
post #43 of 660 Old 11-07-2010, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoel View Post

EFFFING COOL Thrang, Too sweet. I just finished reading the TAS 802Di review, and I just want to start saving and saving and saving for a pair of those bad boys

Big congrats

Djoel

Thanks - I was listening to The World Drummers Ensemble: A Coat of Many Colors, which is all percussion with tons of nuance, attack, & complex interplay, and it was just stunning on those 802s...
post #44 of 660 Old 11-08-2010, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

Thanks - I was listening to The World Drummers Ensemble: A Coat of Many Colors, which is all percussion with tons of nuance, attack, & complex interplay, and it was just stunning on those 802s...

Hm, gotta go and check that one out, Check out Pancho Sanchez Conga Blue http://www.amazon.com/Conga-Blue-Pon...pell..It's some Latin jazz that's really cool as well, with plenty of percussion on it too.

DJoel
post #45 of 660 Old 11-08-2010, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

Pancho Sanchez Conga Blue http://www.amazon.com/Conga-Blue-Poncho-Sanchez/dp/B00009WVRQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1289223504&sr=1-2-spell..It's some Latin jazz that's really cool as well, with plenty of percussion on it too.

DJoel

That's a good one...
post #46 of 660 Old 11-08-2010, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

That's a good one...

Yes it is, as it was recommend by you T. ...I first purchased redbook version of it, found another of Poncho's albums in SACD ("Out of Sight" I think?), and then discovered that they had the Conga Blue in SACD, and bought that one as well. All great music, if you're into that sound The 802N's are simply brutal with some of those notes.It sounds like there are real Bongos with each slap of the skin in my apt

DJoel
post #47 of 660 Old 11-08-2010, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hm, gotta go and check that one out, Check out Pancho Sanchez Conga Blue http://www.amazon.com/Conga-Blue-Pon...pell..It's some Latin jazz that's really cool as well, with plenty of percussion on it too.

DJoel

I'll have to get it and give it a spin...

This is one of these upgrades that rekindles the desire to listen to music again in a much more engaging way...
post #48 of 660 Old 11-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Wow. I love the all black front-end. I don't understand why a lot of the hardcore B&W fans don't like the new piano black, it's easily my favorite B&W finish and it's extremely sharp, even on the CM series. I like my Rosenut, but if I where to buy brand new current models right now, it would definitely be piano black.
post #49 of 660 Old 11-08-2010, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post

Wow. I love the all black front-end. I don't understand why a lot of the hardcore B&W fans don't like the new piano black, it's easily my favorite B&W finish and it's extremely sharp, even on the CM series. I like my Rosenut, but if I where to buy brand new current models right now, it would definitely be piano black.

I do appreciate the wood finishes, but with the JL Audio 113s and the black marlan heads, I wanted a more consistent front especially with the black wall (which will be widened soon to cover behind both 802s), Some complain about the glare from the gloss black, but 90% of any reflection, which is not very distracting, is from the spherical enclosures, which all 802s posses. The rest of the speakers disappear, while the wood would have a dull, but more widespread feedback of light from the screen
post #50 of 660 Old 11-13-2010, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 44
post #51 of 660 Old 11-13-2010, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 43
yes, Thrang, I am convinced the ccm816s or ccm817' 818 would be your ticket. The room is awesome and I can't imagine using those big honking speakers just for surrounds but, you win on the budget department and also have great style. I await your thoughts on the A100.

Really the Heights do not need to be anything close to full spectrum and wow, did I mention wow!!
post #52 of 660 Old 11-13-2010, 11:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, I perved a bit deeper. We have a lot in common, other than you having the Dis at way more than double the cost. Sonos, Sony Projector ( granted I have the VPL VW 100 ), tendency to favor Denon, and the love of da TB's. I got ya with something north of 42 TBs and counting. Ditto the My Movies. BTW, going to try the MyMovies I-Pad app tomorrow. You gotta do the Sonos I-Pad App. It rocks!!

I can tell you now, you'll go nuts with the wides in your room. The problem is your surrounds are even more than I'd recommended for wides; and I dig wides. The DSX will most likely end up with you buying 2 more 805Di's for either Wide or Surround duty. I still think in ceilings are the answer for your heights.

My system has changed fairly dramatically since I last posted. I can't compete with your mega-bling but am curious how you progress. I mean 2.35, 3D, speakers... We have similar systems.... Even the same Harmony is a match. I use lighting control as well and gotta believe you've cycled that in as well.

I seriously am showing the misses your room with dollars associated. You are giving me great coverage on the expense column. Keep it up...
post #53 of 660 Old 11-14-2010, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleHTGuy View Post

Well, I perved a bit deeper. We have a lot in common, other than you having the Dis at way more than double the cost. Sonos, Sony Projector ( granted I have the VPL VW 100 ), tendency to favor Denon, and the love of da TB's. I got ya with something north of 42 TBs and counting. Ditto the My Movies. BTW, going to try the MyMovies I-Pad app tomorrow. You gotta do the Sonos I-Pad App. It rocks!!

I can tell you now, you'll go nuts with the wides in your room. The problem is your surrounds are even more than I'd recommended for wides; and I dig wides. The DSX will most likely end up with you buying 2 more 805Di's for either Wide or Surround duty. I still think in ceilings are the answer for your heights.

My system has changed fairly dramatically since I last posted. I can't compete with your mega-bling but am curious how you progress. I mean 2.35, 3D, speakers... We have similar systems.... Even the same Harmony is a match. I use lighting control as well and gotta believe you've cycled that in as well.

I seriously am showing the misses your room with dollars associated. You are giving me great coverage on the expense column. Keep it up...

Yes, lots similar actually - I do use the sonos iPad app a lot, though haven't looked at the my movies iPad app - if that is for control, I am interested. The first time they released their iPhone app, it seemed just for database entries and upkeep, which was boring to me.

When I go dsx, those 803s will move to wide, the 805s to side, and either the RBH satellites or a pair of Mirage om-9s I have laying around as rears. If I don't like that, I guess another paid of 805s for the rear.
post #54 of 660 Old 11-14-2010, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, lots similar actually - I do use the sonos iPad app a lot, though haven't looked at the my movies iPad app - if that is for control, I am interested. The first time they released their iPhone app, it seemed just for database entries and upkeep, which was boring to me.

When I go dsx, those 803s will move to wide, the 805s to side, and either the RBH satellites or a pair of Mirage om-9s I have laying around as rears. If I don't like that, I guess another paid of 805s for the rear.

It appears the My Movies App for I-Pad is pretty much database only but still looks nice. It's about $7 so I may try it.

I noticed the Harmony 1100 as well. What I'd love to own is some sort of a Harmony 1100 with a built in DinoVo Mini for say $500. Something that could control all the IR and RF stuff and when I hit a button like "Watch Movie Fr PC", it would switch all the components, then confirm MCE goes direct to the MyMovies database. alas, no such consumer programmable device exists with full Keyboard/Mouse functionality. I am not a fan of Windows MCE remotes. I want full PC control. What is sad is I mentioned this to a friend and Senior MAnagement guy at Microsofts Peripheral Division ; the exact place that would promote and design such a thing and no one has really ever brought up the idea.

Oh well, I bitch. Great room.
post #55 of 660 Old 11-14-2010, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

those are two JL Audio 113 Fathoms next to the 803 Diamonds

wow, must be quite a "slamming" room with the right movie? I use one F110 in my smallish apartment living room and it rocks the whole building, seriously.

Quote:

The amp is actually a fully-balanced 150 wpc/10-channel Denon POA- two channels each are driving the 802's, and single channels are driving the center and four surrounds

cool. So you're running two channels each (in parallel) into each 802Di?
post #56 of 660 Old 11-14-2010, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

I'll have to get it and give it a spin...

also check out-
"Return To Forever, Live" (BluRay)
"Jeff Beck, Live At Ronnie Scott's" (BluRay)
post #57 of 660 Old 11-15-2010, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleHTGuy View Post

It appears the My Movies App for I-Pad is pretty much database only but still looks nice. It's about $7 so I may try it.

I noticed the Harmony 1100 as well. What I'd love to own is some sort of a Harmony 1100 with a built in DinoVo Mini for say $500. Something that could control all the IR and RF stuff and when I hit a button like "Watch Movie Fr PC", it would switch all the components, then confirm MCE goes direct to the MyMovies database. alas, no such consumer programmable device exists with full Keyboard/Mouse functionality. I am not a fan of Windows MCE remotes. I want full PC control. What is sad is I mentioned this to a friend and Senior MAnagement guy at Microsofts Peripheral Division ; the exact place that would promote and design such a thing and no one has really ever brought up the idea.

Oh well, I bitch. Great room.

I purchased the app, and you can do simple play and stop from the app - if they could add some basic transport controls, maybe with a computer-side listening application, it would be incredibly nice.
post #58 of 660 Old 11-15-2010, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

wow, must be quite a "slamming" room with the right movie? I use one F110 in my smallish apartment living room and it rocks the whole building, seriously.

cool. So you're running two channels each (in parallel) into each 802Di?

The current setup is running the LCR in bridged mode - the 803 and 805 surrounds are single channel amplification
post #59 of 660 Old 11-15-2010, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

also check out-
"Return To Forever, Live" (BluRay)
"Jeff Beck, Live At Ronnie Scott's" (BluRay)

Just ordered them, should have them Wednesday - thanks
post #60 of 660 Old 11-16-2010, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I purchased the app, and you can do simple play and stop from the app - if they could add some basic transport controls, maybe with a computer-side listening application, it would be incredibly nice.

I bought it as well. It looks great really, I have yet to set it up to start a movie. I will do so tonight. If the limited play, start, pause functionality works, I could see using the I-Pad along with the Harmony 1100. My wife hates multiple remotes but if I just give her the I-Pad and tell her to pick a flick and punch it, I can get her to make volume and other tweaks with the 1100. This may work great for me and at 7 bucks; worth the try. As you give it a go, let me know what you think.
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Mcintosh Labs , B W , Jl Audio Fathom F113 Gloss 13 5 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page