Thrang's Home Theater (for now...) - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

post #751 of 765 Old 07-12-2016, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
Just saw this thread for the first time. So awesome! This is my dream system haha
Which version? The what was or what will be. What you see in the pictures is now gone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 765 Old 07-12-2016, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
Which version? The what was or what will be. What you see in the pictures is now gone.
Both! I'm a B&W fan myself - even though I use my system for 80% movies - 20% music, and I have a much lower line (600 series). More-so just the robustness of the system. I say this in the most non-creepy way possible but MAN would I like to watch a movie in there haha
post #753 of 765 Old 07-13-2016, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 2050 Post(s)
Liked: 1371
@thrang

I'm sure you will not regret this decision

How did you arrive at the M2's? A very fine choice indeed
post #754 of 765 Old 07-13-2016, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
Liked: 1122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
Haha...mostly... 803's and Fathoms still up for sale. A51 sold today so the JC-1's also still up.

Have to get a new carpet ordered soon, and decide on room orientation to build the screen wall. May keep it the way it it's on further reflection...not sure.

First order from Harman is in transit, second soon. But until the carpet is replaced, nothing gets installed...
post #755 of 765 Old 07-13-2016, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
@thrang

I'm sure you will not regret this decision

How did you arrive at the M2's? A very fine choice indeed
Well, adidino (my dealer) provided a great demo that's for sure...but more fundamentally, I wanted to try a system with more of a dedicated theater heritage, especially since I hadn't been listening to music as much in that room lately. Though I understand the M2's can be quite good for music as well.

As a tweaker, I wanted to try the digital parametric eq amps to specific speaker profiles, and the more slender design of the M2's lets me do a false wall with the woven screen, while the B&W's are far too large, and need more room behind them.

It could be a mistake, but I don't think so.
post #756 of 765 Old 07-13-2016, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 352
I am a huge JBL fan and I am looking forward to seeing how your upgrades work out.
post #757 of 765 Old 07-13-2016, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post
I am a huge JBL fan and I am looking forward to seeing how your upgrades work out.
Yep, will post here of course and on the new JBL thread...
post #758 of 765 Old 07-13-2016, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
Yep, will post here of course and on the new JBL thread...
Good deal.

I love how popular JBL has become on here in the last 1-2 years.

My system consists of the cinema gear: 3 x 4722N's and 8 x SCS8's. I went through A LOT of speakers that cost MUCH more than what I have now, but I couldn't be happier with how my system sounds.
Gooddoc likes this.
post #759 of 765 Old 07-13-2016, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 2050 Post(s)
Liked: 1371
Quote:
Well, adidino (my dealer) provided a great demo that's for sure...but more fundamentally, I wanted to try a system with more of a dedicated theater heritage, especially since I hadn't been listening to music as much in that room lately. Though I understand the M2's can be quite good for music as well.

As a tweaker, I wanted to try the digital parametric eq amps to specific speaker profiles, and the more slender design of the M2's lets me do a false wall with the woven screen, while the B&W's are far too large, and need more room behind them.

It could be a mistake, but I don't think so.
More than quite good for music . I enjoy the M2's more for music than anything else. But you just can't predict any particular individuals preference, so maybe you'll hate them .
I see you're selling your B&W's, great speakers, GLWS.

Last edited by Gooddoc; 07-13-2016 at 08:11 PM.
post #760 of 765 Old 07-13-2016, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post
Good deal.

I love how popular JBL has become on here in the last 1-2 years.

My system consists of the cinema gear: 3 x 4722N's and 8 x SCS8's. I went through A LOT of speakers that cost MUCH more than what I have now, but I couldn't be happier with how my system sounds.
That's great to hear...
post #761 of 765 Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1502 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Your room was one of my favorite multi-purpose rooms. I think you will be more than pleased with your move to JBL. At the last CEDIA I attended, their demo was incredible, particularly the bass.

If I were starting from scratch, I think I would stick with the speakers I have but certainly all would go behind a much larger screen. Like you, my music listening has greatly diminished and music was the only reason I placed the L + R out in the room. But I won't be starting over, so other than trying to push the L + R closer to the front wall so those sitting on the outside seats don't have to stare at speakers, it will pretty much stay the same. ---- unless it doesn't. After all, this addiction hobby wouldn't be as much fun if we didn't change stuff one in a while [or more frequently].

Enjoy your new room.

Our Theater

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" [Abraham Lincoln]
post #762 of 765 Old Today, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Oh you had a long night?

Quote:
Long night tonight - sold the 800's, 802's, and htm2d center... 803's , Fathom 113v2's, and Parasound JC-1's and an A-51 remain

Yes, a subtle change...

More later, but trying a JBL Synthesis system - 5 M2's, 2 SCL-4's, and 2 S2S-EX subwoofers. Crown Drive Core Network DCi amplifiers
You think YOU had a long night? I was the one who had to drive a thousand pounds of speakers home on 287 and then unload them!

Folks, happy to have found this thread and just want to mention that I bought thrang's "scraps". Couldn't have been more pleased with the overall transaction - ultra professional in every way - and every piece in his room is totally pristine. These speakers were all essentially mint.

Can't wait to follow this thread now to see how the heck he tops what he just dismantled.

post #763 of 765 Old Today, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
Your room was one of my favorite multi-purpose rooms. I think you will be more than pleased with your move to JBL. At the last CEDIA I attended, their demo was incredible, particularly the bass.

If I were starting from scratch, I think I would stick with the speakers I have but certainly all would go behind a much larger screen. Like you, my music listening has greatly diminished and music was the only reason I placed the L + R out in the room. But I won't be starting over, so other than trying to push the L + R closer to the front wall so those sitting on the outside seats don't have to stare at speakers, it will pretty much stay the same. ---- unless it doesn't. After all, this addiction hobby wouldn't be as much fun if we didn't change stuff one in a while [or more frequently].

Enjoy your new room.
Thanks - yes, the well-worn phrase 'the journey is the reward' is a significant factor for me. But this is the first time I've change virtually everything, save source equipment, at the same time.

I am building a screen wall and have a Seymour woven AT screen on order. Since the wall will be 24-26 inches into the room, and thus closer, I'm dropping from a 12 to 11 foot wide 2.35 screen.

Last edited by thrang; Today at 07:02 PM.
post #764 of 765 Old Today, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Thanks - yes, the well-worn phrase 'the journey is the reward' is a significant factor for me. But this is the first time I've change virtually everything, save source equipment, at the same time.

I am building a screen wall and have a Seymour woven AT screen on order. Sine the wall will 24-26 inches into the room, and thus closer, I'm dropping from a 12 to 11 foot wide 2.35 screen.

I completely agree! I have just as much fun setting everything up and tweaking it as I do actually sitting down and listening to it!
thrang likes this.

=============================
My Current "Living Room" Home Theater!
=============================
post #765 of 765 Old Today, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erniethebarkingcat View Post
You think YOU had a long night? I was the one who had to drive a thousand pounds of speakers home on 287 and then unload them!

Folks, happy to have found this thread and just want to mention that I bought thrang's "scraps". Couldn't have been more pleased with the overall transaction - ultra professional in every way - and every piece in his room is totally pristine. These speakers were all essentially mint.

Can't wait to follow this thread now to see how the heck he tops what he just dismantled.

Hey Danny good to see you drop in here. It was a pleasure to meet you and do business with you, and make a new hobbyist friend. I look forward to some photos once everything is set up

Of course, if you find room for the 803's and JL subs, they miss their brothers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Mcintosh Labs , B W , Jl Audio Fathom F113 Gloss 13 5 Inch Powered Subwoofer , Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Med1000x3d Hd 3d Multimedia Player
Gear in this thread