Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbdavidx View Post

No rear speakers???

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterlife2 View Post

Looking great man looking forward to the new addition.
I'm guessing he has the same ones in his first post, whick look great.

Correct. That and I need to take some current pics but need to clean a bit so it doesn't look messy in the background lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 159 Old 04-25-2014, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I've updated the first post to reflect the changes. Finally got the center in. Looks pretty good to be honest. Quite heavy too.

post #153 of 159 Old 04-25-2014, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

I've updated the first post to reflect the changes. Finally got the center in. Looks pretty good to be honest. Quite heavy too.

How does it match up with your L / R ?

post #154 of 159 Old 04-25-2014, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 499
Hey there, PC.

That new center looks awesome. Bet it sounds fantastic.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #155 of 159 Old 04-25-2014, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devotech View Post

How does it match up with your L / R ?

Good so far. It definitely seems voiced for the rf7 and its making me rethink whether to buy them. For now though I'm impressed. Very clean, super efficient. Detail is easily discernible. Its quite an improvement over my old rc35.

post #156 of 159 Old 04-25-2014, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Hey there, PC.

That new center looks awesome. Bet it sounds fantastic.

thanks wabo, its beastly for sure. So far so good, plenty of testing and calibration coming up soon too. biggrin.gif

post #157 of 159 Old 07-08-2014, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post
When I was rocking my RF-82's, I remember spending hours looking and pictures and fawning over specs of the RC-64! Seriosuly--for HOURS! You got one! I couldn't swing it at the time, so I had to get the RC-62 instead. I know the extension of those things must be superb. Do you find yourself crossing the center channel much lower than you did before?

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #158 of 159 Old 07-08-2014, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
When I was rocking my RF-82's, I remember spending hours looking and pictures and fawning over specs of the RC-64! Seriosuly--for HOURS! You got one! I couldn't swing it at the time, so I had to get the RC-62 instead. I know the extension of those things must be superb. Do you find yourself crossing the center channel much lower than you did before?
Yeah it's pretty impressive. What's interesting is that I'm probably going to offload the 82s and get 7s sometime later this year. After having the 64 in my system it's apparent it's in a higher class than my fronts. Build quality is an immediately noticeable improvement. It feels like a nicer speaker. The 82s by comparison have a lower grade finish and are wrapped from front to back unlike the 64 which looks like it's a solid piece. You can't see the seems in the finish.

Also yeah when I first put it in I left the crossover the same as my older 35 and didn't really notice too much of a difference. Played a bit louder, seemed a bit clearer but I was wondering if the unit wasn't working properly. Now that I've lowered the crossover it seems like a new speaker and is an immediate improvement over before. It's pretty substantial. It's also making it all the more obvious that I need the 7s to pair with it. I'll probably make the switch within a few months, need to pay off some debt first. Overall though regardless of that I'm very happy and I knew the center would be my biggest improvement. Glad to know patience paid off and I can enjoy it now.

post #159 of 159 Old 07-12-2014, 04:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Now that is a center speaker. Very impressive. Always liked klipsch

Dan

My set up

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Denon 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Dbt 1713ud , Klipsch Reference Series Rf 82 , Svs Pb1000 10 Inch 300 Watt Powered Subwoofer
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page