post #451 of 1051 Old 10-27-2012, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

Mike, there is an Atmos theater in Paramus, NJ. When The Hobbit comes out in Dolby Atmos, how about a road trip? smile.gif
Craig
Paramus. I think that's far for me, but we might be able to work something out.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1051 Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Again, just another gratuitous post by me tongue.gif. But it's about other people so that makes it all right.
I have been interested in Keith Yates and his dedicate rooms lately. I know I will never have one but I still think it's cool that he does rooms that are supposed to be among the best. I recently read even more info on him and how he does what he does and I have to say, I was floored. The detail and technology he uses is simply astounding, If I had a room, and I could afford it, I would seriously look into trying to get him to help me out, But alas, that is not going to happen. That does not mean that I haven't had a lot of help from people to get my room sounding as good as it does. So at this point, I would like to select some people who helped me get my system to where it is today. In no particular order:

Mark Seaton-First, before Mark even really knew me, he responded to a PM I sent asking about his sub, Then that led to more PM's and he was always willing to answer them. And he was always generous in his answers. He was the first guy to really get me thinking about sound and how the room affects it. He was the first person to say that my huge wall unit was a detriment to the sound of my room(verified by other people). That is why I have the racks I have now. He was the first person to really make me think about treatments and that I needed them to get to get my room sounding its best. He also would answer any question I had via PM. He was and still is very giving in information. He was extremely helpful when it came to an "issue" that I had. It's safe to say that Mark really sent me on my way to getting a much better room.

Bryan Pape- Bryan is from GIK treatments. I did my research and I realized that GIK had great value for what you got. My emails to him and his replies back confirmed that he really knew what he was talking about when it came to audio and the room. He was very patient with me when it came to what I wanted. I only wanted 4 traps but he convinced me that for my room, I really needed to just do it and get more. So I bought 8. That was one of the single greatest changes to my room that I have done, besides being one of the most affordable.

Craig John- Craig is a guy that I sort of just happened to get to know. I don't remember exactly how we started communicating but I do remember it was also about treatments. He also gave me some pointers in that regard. The he said that I really needed to measure my room to see what it was doing. I said that I did not work on my system myself and besides, I did not have the gear to measure. He said no problem, he would come over and measure it for me eek.gif. So that was the start with Craig, He came over, and measured. But that was just the beginning. He also then started making recommendations on my equipment stands. He thought it would be better if they flanked the TV rather then be right next to each other. I said, they might, but there was no way I could do that. He said no problem. He and Dennis could do that, And they did. Plus Craig was the one who pushed me to go full HD audio and he installed the Integra and OPPO for me, along with Dennis. Then, for various reasons we had to run Audyessy on multiple occasions. He came over and did that as well. Then I needed help changing out my SubMersive amp and he helped me with that. He also installed the Crowson system for me.

I think you get the idea. All of these guys were instrumental in my room sounding the way it does. They were also instrumental in the layout of the room. They are all incredibly smart and know way more then I did when it comes to this level of audio knowledge. So while I may have not a room designed by a pro, I still had people who really know their stuff help me out in getting the room to where it is. I know the level that Keith works on is a whole other ball of wax. But I feel that with the three of these guys help, I sort of had that same style of experience. So I just wanted to say thanks. I may not have a Yates room, but with the brain power I got to use with my room, I got the next best thing.

My System
post #453 of 1051 Old 11-10-2012, 05:23 PM
FOH
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Great post Mike.

You're a helluva enthusiast, a gentleman and quite the gracious and thoughtful one at that. We'd all be better off with more contributors such as yourself.

------------------------------------
Flat, Deep, Clean, Linear, and Loud
Active 16.8kw, 7.3 system
(3)Seaton Cat12C up front, (4)QSC K8 sides/rears
(2)Seaton SubM-HP, (4)18" IB
post #454 of 1051 Old 11-10-2012, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks Kevin. I have enjoyed our chats as well smile.gif. I have read your posts and just have been really impressed. I do my best trying to keep up with the big boys(knowledge wise). I see no need to get emotional like so many others do. It's only audio for crying out loud. That being said, I try my best to help out where I can. Like I said before, I can say this without putting myself down, but I know there are people who know a lot more then me. But I try my best to give any advice I may have. I don't claim to be an expert. My advice is sometimes not as techical, but I still try and I do hope that people apreciate it smile.gif. I still have to watch Prometheus. I will get to it at some time. Thanks again Kevin. I haven't neglected your posts either biggrin.gif. I hope your system is slowly coming together.

My System
post #455 of 1051 Old 11-15-2012, 05:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Again, just another gratuitous post by me tongue.gif. But it's about other people so that makes it all right.
I have been interested in Keith Yates and his dedicate rooms lately. I know I will never have one but I still think it's cool that he does rooms that are supposed to be among the best. I recently read even more info on him and how he does what he does and I have to say, I was floored. The detail and technology he uses is simply astounding, If I had a room, and I could afford it, I would seriously look into trying to get him to help me out, But alas, that is not going to happen. That does not mean that I haven't had a lot of help from people to get my room sounding as good as it does. So at this point, I would like to select some people who helped me get my system to where it is today. In no particular order:
Mark Seaton-First, before Mark even really knew me, he responded to a PM I sent asking about his sub, Then that led to more PM's and he was always willing to answer them. And he was always generous in his answers. He was the first guy to really get me thinking about sound and how the room affects it. He was the first person to say that my huge wall unit was a detriment to the sound of my room(verified by other people). That is why I have the racks I have now. He was the first person to really make me think about treatments and that I needed them to get to get my room sounding its best. He also would answer any question I had via PM. He was and still is very giving in information. He was extremely helpful when it came to an "issue" that I had. It's safe to say that Mark really sent me on my way to getting a much better room.
Bryan Pape- Bryan is from GIK treatments. I did my research and I realized that GIK had great value for what you got. My emails to him and his replies back confirmed that he really knew what he was talking about when it came to audio and the room. He was very patient with me when it came to what I wanted. I only wanted 4 traps but he convinced me that for my room, I really needed to just do it and get more. So I bought 8. That was one of the single greatest changes to my room that I have done, besides being one of the most affordable.
Craig John- Craig is a guy that I sort of just happened to get to know. I don't remember exactly how we started communicating but I do remember it was also about treatments. He also gave me some pointers in that regard. The he said that I really needed to measure my room to see what it was doing. I said that I did not work on my system myself and besides, I did not have the gear to measure. He said no problem, he would come over and measure it for me eek.gif. So that was the start with Craig, He came over, and measured. But that was just the beginning. He also then started making recommendations on my equipment stands. He thought it would be better if they flanked the TV rather then be right next to each other. I said, they might, but there was no way I could do that. He said no problem. He and Dennis could do that, And they did. Plus Craig was the one who pushed me to go full HD audio and he installed the Integra and OPPO for me, along with Dennis. Then, for various reasons we had to run Audyessy on multiple occasions. He came over and did that as well. Then I needed help changing out my SubMersive amp and he helped me with that. He also installed the Crowson system for me.
I think you get the idea. All of these guys were instrumental in my room sounding the way it does. They were also instrumental in the layout of the room. They are all incredibly smart and know way more then I did when it comes to this level of audio knowledge. So while I may have not a room designed by a pro, I still had people who really know their stuff help me out in getting the room to where it is. I know the level that Keith works on is a whole other ball of wax. But I feel that with the three of these guys help, I sort of had that same style of experience. So I just wanted to say thanks. I may not have a Yates room, but with the brain power I got to use with my room, I got the next best thing.

Mike, I just saw this. Wow! Keith Yates, Mark Seaton, Bryan Pape... and me??? I'm just humbled. redface.gif I don't belong in the same conversation with those guys. Your inclusion of me with those guys is just... humbling.

It has been a pleasure and a privilege to be able to help you with your system. It's very gratifying to know that you appreciate the improvements we've made. (BTW, you left out one of the major upgrades we made .. the surround speaker upgrade.) Your system has made some major strides and it is great that you appreciate the improvements. The future upgrades you have planned will be awesome too, (but I'll let you talk about those... don't want to steal your thunder! smile.gif )

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #456 of 1051 Old 11-16-2012, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Mike, I just saw this. Wow! Keith Yates, Mark Seaton, Bryan Pape... and me??? I'm just humbled. redface.gif I don't belong in the same conversation with those guys. Your inclusion of me with those guys is just... humbling.
It has been a pleasure and a privilege to be able to help you with your system. It's very gratifying to know that you appreciate the improvements we've made. (BTW, you left out one of the major upgrades we made .. the surround speaker upgrade.) Your system has made some major strides and it is great that you appreciate the improvements. The future upgrades you have planned will be awesome too, (but I'll let you talk about those... don't want to steal your thunder! smile.gif )
Craig
Craig, you most certainly do belong in that group. When I read you posts about graphs and Audyessy and anything else you write about, I am just in awe at the level of knowledge you have. I mean, when I saw your theater in person, and you told me how the ceiling was setup, and how you treated the room I said to myself, "holy crap. this guy really knows his stuff." Much more then I did. I mean there is no way I feel as comfortable using Audyessy as you do. Plus, the way you know how to read charts and understand what they mean and how we could use them to make my room sound better, Simply brilliant. And you are right. Moving the surrounds made a huge difference. Again, that is something that I could not have done myself. So for me, you do belong in the same group as them. Because without you(and Dennis), and your manual labor tongue.gif I would be no where near where I am today.

As far as the upgrades go, I have the major one of the server. That will be pretty big. But I don't know of anything else major that I am thinking about. I have some other stuff in mind that I will keep to myself for several reasons but the server is the real big one. When we started talking and I said I could not take measurements and that you would be willing to I was like eek.gif. Then when you said that we had to move the racks, even though you saw all my spaghetti back there and you were still willing to do it I was like eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif. So yea, your help has been greatly appreciated. Hope to see you after the holidays.

My System
post #457 of 1051 Old 11-20-2012, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Watched the remastered BLU Ray of Jaws. At least on my TV I would say it looks simply fantastic. The colors just pop out at you. For a film that old, I was really impressed. It is probably one of the oldest movies I have on BLU Ray. The audio was very good as well. Dialog was very clear. In fact, I probably made out a few more lines in this version (meaning clear) then in any other version I have seen. The sound was crystal clear and the bass was not that bad either. Not room shaking but placed correctly. The sound track sounded really good as well. Effects were well placed. I enjoyed it and it has a high watch-ability factor.

My System
post #458 of 1051 Old 11-21-2012, 06:00 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 195
If you want room shaker, if you don't mind animation Mike watch Finding Nemo on Blu Ray. The whale scene shook the whole room the audio and Pq was 100.

Frank

post #459 of 1051 Old 11-21-2012, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I like animation. I have HTTYD(BR) Monsters Vs Aliens(BR) Monsters INC(SD), Finding Nemo(SD) and The Incredibles(SD). I think that's it. So Finding Nemo would be a double dip for me. I may do it though. I remember the whale scene before and I think that was with my old sub. I have not watched that in a very very long time. Plus, don't forget about the sub sliding down the canyon. I remember that part being pretty good as well.

My System
post #460 of 1051 Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

I like animation. I have HTTYD(BR) Monsters Vs Aliens(BR) Monsters INC(SD), Finding Nemo(SD) and The Incredibles(SD). I think that's it. So Finding Nemo would be a double dip for me. I may do it though. I remember the whale scene before and I think that was with my old sub. I have not watched that in a very very long time. Plus, don't forget about the sub sliding down the canyon. I remember that part being pretty good as well.

Definitely that scene was great also as well as when Darla is hitting the tank. That film audio is superb on blu ray.

Frank

post #461 of 1051 Old 11-21-2012, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:

I've had HTTYD ever since the Blu Ray was released a few years ago and still haven't watched it.....tonight might be the night! I found that double dipping for Monsters Inc on bluray was 100% worth it. Sully's fur alone made the price of admission! I believe Finding Nemo will be equally worth the double dip. I double dipped on Monsters Inc. and The Incredibles.....both are worth the extra resolution (not to mention the high def audio tracks)!
post #462 of 1051 Old 11-21-2012, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

I've had HTTYD ever since the Blu Ray was released a few years ago and still haven't watched it.....tonight might be the night! I found that double dipping for Monsters Inc on bluray was 100% worth it. Sully's fur alone made the price of admission! I believe Finding Nemo will be equally worth the double dip. I double dipped on Monsters Inc. and The Incredibles.....both are worth the extra resolution (not to mention the high def audio tracks)!
If you have not watched HTTYD yet, and you watch it tonight, oh boy... You will have a big grin throughout the entire movie. I may get the others. I will see what the prices are like and if they are reasonable, I may think about it.

My System
post #463 of 1051 Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

If you have not
watched HTTYD yet, and you watch it tonight, oh boy... You will have a big grin throughout the entire movie. I may get the others. I will see what the prices are like and if they are reasonable, I may think about it.

+1 I watched it because of the kids, now I'm a fan!! Good sound, too!
post #464 of 1051 Old 11-24-2012, 07:29 AM
FOH
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:

If you have not watched HTTYD yet, and you watch it tonight, oh boy... You will have a big grin throughout the entire movie.

+1

This is one of the top 5 soundtracks in existence for LFE/Subwoofer enthusiasts. It's truly that good. Randy Thom's sound design is superbly executed. This has high level, broad-band, fully extended effects. From 3hz-120hz, ..... and perhaps the single most demanding scene I know of. No spoilers, you'll see.

Have fun, I hope everything survives eek.gif

Flat, Deep, Clean, Linear, and Loud
Active 16.8kw, 7.3 system
(3)Seaton Cat12C up front, (4)QSC K8 sides/rears
(2)Seaton SubM-HP, (4)18" IB
post #465 of 1051 Old 11-24-2012, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOH View Post

+1
This is one of the top 5 soundtracks in existence for LFE/Subwoofer enthusiasts. It's truly that good. Randy Thom's sound design is superbly executed. This has high level, broad-band, fully extended effects. From 3hz-120hz, ..... and perhaps the single most demanding scene I know of. No spoilers, you'll see.
If I remember, that was one that was causing me issues along with WOTW. But now, ever since Mark replaced my amp a while back, all is good. I am going to watch the Immortals tonight. I know many people just dis-like the movie and I know that it's mixed hot but I am a Greek, so, I have to like it biggrin.gif. That doesn't mean though I liked those big piles of crap called Troy or Alexander. I wish all action movies could have that WOTW or HTTYD impact. Even TDK and TRON are up there. It's too bad that many films that are action oriented seem to be filtered.

My System
post #466 of 1051 Old 11-24-2012, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOH View Post

+1

3Hz? Wow.....that sounds like an epic soundtrack! I can't wait to experience it!!
Quote:

If I remember, that was one that was causing me issues along with WOTW. But now, ever since Mark replaced my amp a while back, all is good. I am going to watch the Immortals tonight. I know many people just dis-like the movie and I know that it's mixed hot but I am a Greek, so, I have to like it biggrin.gif. That doesn't mean though I liked those big piles of crap called Troy or Alexander. I wish all action movies could have that WOTW or HTTYD impact. Even TDK and TRON are up there. It's too bad that many films that are action oriented seem to be filtered.

Immortals was actually a bit depressing...I've never before felt such despair while watching a film. That being said, I watched it with my old SVS PB-13 Ultra and something tells me that I didn't get all the bass on that track. I may revisit it...with a therapist sitting next to me. Lol.
post #467 of 1051 Old 11-24-2012, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hey Matt. You need to try the Immortals again. I just watched it and it has amazing bass. My Crowson was going crazy with this one. It has pleanty of what I think is low bass. Not the best film in the world I give you that. Not "300" level but I liked it anyway. I think with your dual F2's, you will find a way to like it as well. And yes, HTTYD is an epic sound track all arround.

My System
post #468 of 1051 Old 11-27-2012, 03:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mike! That HTTYD is a sonic marvel!!! From the opening dragon attack to the penultimate scene, pure sonic and visual thrills! Hey, I going to rewatch Immortals again, per suggestion of the Protector of the Sylvanian Vale himself, Sir Mike. Deep bass is to Brolic as candy is to a toddler: sweet, enjoyable, and bone-threatening!cool.gif
post #469 of 1051 Old 11-27-2012, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Told you Matt smile.gif. The issue with The Immortals is that I think the bass is clipped in the soundtrack. But in my system, with the SubMersive and Crowson, it is a great experience. I also think that Wrath of The Titans is also a sonic treat. Especially when they are in Tartarus. That seemed to really have some good bass and a good sound all around.

My System
post #470 of 1051 Old 11-27-2012, 06:19 AM
CIH USER

Immortals has amazing Bass.

Frank

post #471 of 1051 Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Let me explain what happines is. Happines is watching a movie one time and thinking it's pretty good. Like Terminator Salvation. I have watched it before and I thought it was decent. I thought the bass was somewhat good but that I have experienced better in my system. I thought movies like WOTW and Cloverfield were better. They just sounded better and "felt" better. Well, I just watched Salvation again. I think this is the first time I watched it with the Crowson. Holy Sh!t. It was a whole new movie. I felt bass that I never knew was there. And this is with a SubMersive HP in the room. With the HP I got the SPL but I always felt something was lacking. I knew it was just a byproduct of my setup and I would have to live with it. But with the Crowson, I felt bass I did not even know was there. That entire part from when that Mega machine attacks all the way past the moto terminators was just insane. It was never like that before. There were plenty of other parts where the Crowson really added alot to this film. I think this has a lot of really low tactile bass and know I am really getting it.

My System
post #472 of 1051 Old 12-04-2012, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Let me explain what happines is. Happines is watching a movie one time and thinking it's pretty good. Like Terminator Salvation. I have watched it before and I thought it was decent. I thought the bass was somewhat good but that I have experienced better in my system. I thought movies like WOTW and Cloverfield were better. They just sounded better and "felt" better. Well, I just watched Salvation again. I think this is the first time I watched it with the Crowson. Holy Sh!t. It was a whole new movie. I felt bass that I never knew was there. And this is with a SubMersive HP in the room. With the HP I got the SPL but I always felt something was lacking. I knew it was just a byproduct of my setup and I would have to live with it. But with the Crowson, I felt bass I did not even know was there. That entire part from when that Mega machine attacks all the way past the moto terminators was just insane. It was never like that before. There were plenty of other parts where the Crowson really added alot to this film. I think this has a lot of really low tactile bass and know I am really getting it.

I love the bass scenes in T:Salv....but i've always wanted that tactile feel. I think I need some Crowsons in my theater! Do they make modules for 3 seats?
post #473 of 1051 Old 12-05-2012, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

I love the bass scenes in T:Salv....but i've always wanted that tactile feel. I think I need some Crowsons in my theater! Do they make modules for 3 seats?
I don't think they make modules for multiple seats. Craig has 4 seats and the Crowson setup but he only has one Transducer. I bought his other one. I only have it under one of my recliners so I am the only one who gets the shake. I have an older model called the TES-100 I think. This is the newer one.
The newer one is called the Shadow 8 Single(Double) Motion Actuator
http://crowsontech.com/go/crowsontech/3470/en-US/DesktopDefault.aspx
Trust me, one will be plenty for 3 seats.
Check out post 89 on page 3 of Craig's system.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1349395/craig-johns-theater/60
It really explains it well if you read it from beginning to end. Pay attention and read carefully the part where he talks about the circles that are in his pictures. The pics are sideways but you can get the idea. I think Craig set it up so that the Actuator sits in between the chairs and basically splits them. You could probably do the same thing but you would also need more of those Isolation feet. Basically they isolate the chair(s) from the floor and the keep the chairs(s) level since the actuator raises one corner of the chair up. For me, I have three Isolation feet and one actuator. I am sure you could do something like that with the three of your chairs. It will be worth looking into.

My System
post #474 of 1051 Old 12-05-2012, 04:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I don't think they make modules for multiple seats. Craig has 4 seats and the Crowson setup but he only has one Transducer. I bought his other one. I only have it under one of my recliners so I am the only one who gets the shake. I have an older model called the TES-100 I think. This is the newer one.
The newer one is called the Shadow 8 Single(Double) Motion Actuator
http://crowsontech.com/go/crowsontech/3470/en-US/DesktopDefault.aspx
Trust me, one will be plenty for 3 seats.
Check out post 89 on page 3 of Craig's system.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1349395/craig-johns-theater/60
It really explains it well if you read it from beginning to end. Pay attention and read carefully the part where he talks about the circles that are in his pictures. The pics are sideways but you can get the idea. I think Craig set it up so that the Actuator sits in between the chairs and basically splits them. You could probably do the same thing but you would also need more of those Isolation feet. Basically they isolate the chair(s) from the floor and the keep the chairs(s) level since the actuator raises one corner of the chair up. For me, I have three Isolation feet and one actuator. I am sure you could do something like that with the three of your chairs. It will be worth looking into.

Actually, Mike, I have two Crowsons. The one you have is my original, which they don't make anymore. When I changed seats, I wanted a second transducer, but they didn't offer it anymore. The new "Shadow" series is a little different, (mostly sensitivity differences), so I had to get 2 in order to add the second one. Thet're both driven off the one amp, but I have 2 of them. Each one shakes two seats. I have the isolation pads on all the chairs.

Fun stuff thought, aren't they!?!

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #475 of 1051 Old 12-06-2012, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Actually, Mike, I have two Crowsons. The one you have is my original, which they don't make anymore. When I changed seats, I wanted a second transducer, but they didn't offer it anymore. The new "Shadow" series is a little different, (mostly sensitivity differences), so I had to get 2 in order to add the second one. Thet're both driven off the one amp, but I have 2 of them. Each one shakes two seats. I have the isolation pads on all the chairs.
Fun stuff thought, aren't they!?!
Craig
Thanks for the Clarification Craig. For some reason I thought you told me you were using only one. Anyway. Yep, they are very fun. I guess for anything greater than two chairs you would need more than one Crowson. I hope you can figure it out Brolic. It will be a really cool addition, I do have a question for you Craig, I saw you post in Brolic's theater thread that if you had to do it again you would get that Behringer iNUKE amp. That does look like a nice amp. It also looks like it is 2x500 watts . The Butt Kicker we have is a mono amp with 1000 watts. So I have 1000 watts going to one Crowson. You have 2 Crowson Transducers running off of basically a slightly older version of the amp that I have. When you run more then one Crowson off the Butt Kicker, does that do anything to the over all power coming from the amp? That iNuke does look like a nice amp but I am pleased with the results we got with the Butt Kicker. But that iNuke does look like it has a ton of features. Anyway, I am not going to lose sleep over the amp since it seems we were able to do what we needed to do and since I am only running one Crowson with one chair. Would it be a pain for you(Craig) to switch amps to get "the latest and greatest"? It is certainly cheaper then the Butt Kicker. Like I said though, for my setup. the Butt Kicker worked out fine.

My System
post #476 of 1051 Old 12-10-2012, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yep, it's just me again. You know, it's easy to caught up in this forum, You read about other people who have really nice systems and you start to wonder if what you have is "good enough". I admit that it happens to me. If it's Triad speakers, Seaton speakers or others. Recently it's been JTR. I have read nothing but great things about them. The new Noesis speakers are supposed to be fantastic. Someone played a YouTube video of them with music and even online I could tell they were really nice sounding speakers. I have never heard other JTR speakers like the Triple 12 or triple 8's but people really seem to like them as well. I have of course heard the Triad Platinum and Seaton Cat's. It's easy to think, man, I wonder how these other speakers would sound in my room as opposed to what I already have.

I know that my system approach is different then many others. A lot of people I know have mainly HT systems. That doesn't mean that they don't enjoy 2ch but none of them have a turn table like I do and I doubt they ever will. So I am different from them in that regard. In my system, I can hear the difference between good records and cd's. Not that cd's sound bad, but records just sound really good to me. Especially when they are clean. As an example, I have been listening to more records lately. In the past few days I have listened to 4 records. I have listened to SRV, John Mayall, Buddy Guy and Roy Buchanan. I have to say, I really enjoyed listening to them through my own speakers. The music just sound more real TO ME with records. More natural. It made me forget about everyone else's speakers and I just enjoyed the speakers I have. I no longer cared that I didn't have the newest JTR speakers that everyone seems to love. Are they great? They probably are. I missed my chance to hear them at the last GTG because they were upstairs and I spent all day down stairs. I hope that some sort of JTR speakers, or other ID speakers make it to the next GTG because I am interested in hearing them. I seem to have a twinge of "what if" now and then because everyone talks up one pair of speakers a lot. But all I have to do is listen to a record on my system and I hear how good they sound for 2ch, I forget all about that. Anyway, that's all I wanted to say about that smile.gif.

My System
post #477 of 1051 Old 12-27-2012, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The TDKR+my system=biggrin.gif. That about sums it up.

My System
post #478 of 1051 Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Mike: build a new house with a Keith Yates purpose built room with $100,000 worth of "goodies" and three years later you will be asking the same questions but about different components. It's all part of the disease!
post #479 of 1051 Old 12-28-2012, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I know I know. But I am pretty happy now. I just think at this state things may be different, not necessarily better.

My System
post #480 of 1051 Old 01-10-2013, 06:12 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mike,

In case you didn't see it:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1450832/the-official-crowson-tactile-motion-actuators-thread

Craig

Lombardi said it:

My System

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Monster Signature Series Home Theater Reference Htps 7000 Mkii Powersource With Dual Balanced Pure P , Playstation 3 160gb System , Panasonic Viera Tc P42g25 42 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv , Onkyo Integra Dtr80 3
Gear in this thread - P42g25 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page