My HT\2ch setup - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 1060 Old 08-21-2013, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I was going to wait until Fri and then give the store a call to see if they have an update. It does me no good to bitch and complain at them. As I noted before, people with bad 80.1 boards are just getting them now and I don't know how long they were waiting. I guess when you say "start calling them", you mean Integra. I can do that. But, here is the thing. What if Integra really is a crappy company and they have everyone fooled. What if I call up to complain, and because of that they make it an even longer wait. That's all I am worried about. I mean, I think I have earned the right to call them once but anymore then that I am afraid that it will go even worse for me that's all. And yep. I am 52 days without a system. I will give them a call after 9:00 am because that's when there automated system said the department I want will be open.

P.S I just checked the calendar and I realized that Labor day is coming up quick. 12 days including today. If it gets done by then it will be a miracle. Even if Integra sent it some time this week, I have no idea where I am in the cue at the repair shop. They did tell me that they are ready to go and just need the boards but again, I don't know how many other Integra preamps they have there so mine may not even make the cut. Then I have to hope that they can do the install in a timely fashion. A lot of things have to fall into place to for this to work out in my favor and from the track record so far, I just don't see it happening. Craig, if your schedule becomes very tight don't sweat it. When ever you have the time, if this goes on longer, we will figure it out.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1060 Old 08-21-2013, 05:45 AM
CIH USER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 195
I agree with Craig John, Mike. I understand what you are saying but you need to ring Integra head office and let them know how long its taking. A friend of mine had a Denon DVD 2910 in repairs ( Laser failed ) a number of years ago ( before blu ray ) and it was under warranty and he gave it to the repair agents for Denon over here and they took quiet awhile also. He rang the the repair agents asking how long will it take as its been quite awhile and they responded rudely so he rang Denon ( Australia distributors over here ) and explained his situation and they were not impressed. Within a couple of days he was told to pick up his player.
Integra needs to know, Im sure someone there should help.

Frank

post #723 of 1060 Old 08-21-2013, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I hear you Frank. The Integra site is kind of light on Contact info. Just two numbers and they both give the same number in their recording for what I need so that is the number I am going to call after 9:00.

My System
post #724 of 1060 Old 08-21-2013, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK. I just called up Integra/Onkyo. The guy wants me to contact the service center. Since they have the all the info he said I should get the serial number of the unit and copy of the sales slip. Then I can email the guy at Integra with this info, along with the name and contact info from the service center and they will send out a new unit for me. So now I have to wait until 10:00 so I can contact the repair store.

My System
post #725 of 1060 Old 08-21-2013, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Another update. I contacted the service center and explained what info I needed and what the plan was. Then I contacted Integra and gave them all the info they needed(my info, service center info, SN, Date of purchase). So I emailed the info to the person I spoke to at Integra. That person then called the service center and arranged for the unit to be sent back. Once they do that, and Integra has my old unit, they will ship out the new unit to me. So I have to say that in the end, Integra did the right thing.

I honestly was not expecting a new 80.2 but even the guy at Integra said that over 50 days is ridiculous to wait. So the moral of the story is if something like this breaks, ship it to the service center and just wait as long as you can. Then, when it seems like just a stupid amount of time has passed call up the company and explain what happened and how long you have been waiting. I don't think I would have gotten a new preamp if I called 2-3 weeks after I sent it in to the service center. But, in the end they did the right thing so I can give them props for that. The guy from Integra said he will let me know when the new one gets shipped out so I can look out for it.

My System
post #726 of 1060 Old 08-21-2013, 09:37 AM
CIH USER

That's great news Mike. You get a brand new unit, its good to see the guy at Integra thought 50 days is ridiculous and they're helping you.

These service centres I know they can only work with what there given but they should be communicating more with there customers.

Anyway it shouldn't be long now with your new arrival.

Frank

post #727 of 1060 Old 08-21-2013, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

That's great news Mike. You get a brand new unit, its good to see the guy at Integra thought 50 days is ridiculous and they're helping you.

These service centres I know they can only work with what there given but they should be communicating more with there customers.

Anyway it shouldn't be long now with your new arrival.
I agree. I did get info from them but I was the one making all the calls. If I did not make that first call I would have never known about how Integra sends out replacement boards and I might still be waiting. I don't like to rock the boat but I am not going to be stepped on either. Part of my issue was that I figured I would just get the run around from Integra if I called them directly since they are such a big company. I figured I would get the standard "we are doing our best" kind of answer. I guess it really doesn't hurt to call them up directly if things get out of hand. Anyway, let's see what happens now that we have a plan in place.

My System
post #728 of 1060 Old 08-21-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Another update. I contacted the service center and explained what info I needed and what the plan was. Then I contacted Integra and gave them all the info they needed(my info, service center info, SN, Date of purchase). So I emailed the info to the person I spoke to at Integra. That person then called the service center and arranged for the unit to be sent back. Once they do that, and Integra has my old unit, they will ship out the new unit to me. So I have to say that in the end, Integra did the right thing.

I honestly was not expecting a new 80.2 but even the guy at Integra said that over 50 days is ridiculous to wait. So the moral of the story is if something like this breaks, ship it to the service center and just wait as long as you can. Then, when it seems like just a stupid amount of time has passed call up the company and explain what happened and how long you have been waiting. I don't think I would have gotten a new preamp if I called 2-3 weeks after I sent it in to the service center. But, in the end they did the right thing so I can give them props for that. The guy from Integra said he will let me know when the new one gets shipped out so I can look out for it.
You squeaky wheel, you! smile.gif

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #729 of 1060 Old 08-21-2013, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

You squeaky wheel, you! smile.gif

Craig
I try not to be if I can help it. Really I do. But your post egging me on sort of helped. Hopefully it won't be that long so we can work out a time to set it up again.

My System
post #730 of 1060 Old 08-21-2013, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 118
You go Mike smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
post #731 of 1060 Old 08-21-2013, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

You go Mike smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
Score one for the little guy biggrin.gif. I guess they still have 80.2's that they never sold because I think the 80.3 is all they sell now preamp wise. If I can get another 3 years out of the new one, I will be very happy.

My System
post #732 of 1060 Old 08-21-2013, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Score one for the little guy biggrin.gif. I guess they still have 80.2's that they never sold because I think the 80.3 is all they sell now preamp wise. If I can get another 3 years out of the new one, I will be very happy.

The term Patience is a Virtue comes to my mind hearing this news. Congrats man !! I am glad Integra made things right for you. Now the countdown begins to getting your setup running at full strength again.
post #733 of 1060 Old 08-22-2013, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yep, Patience is truly one of my strong suits. But it did help that I had a venting outlet here biggrin.gif. Anyway, now I just have to wait for the exchanges and then I will be good to go. Hopefully I can get it in time so Craig can help me install it back in my system before he becomes too busy. But it's out of my hands now. I am still happy that I did not have to get mid-evil on their ass. Hopefully everybody can get their act together and start shipping the items they need to ship. And I do want to give props to Integra for making it right. The guy on the line was going to give me the standard "we have no boards..." line but as soon as I said "yea, but I have been waiting for over 50 days", that's when he said it's unacceptable and said he would send out a new one. So, we shall see and as I said, hopefully the service center and Integra can get on the same page. Of course I will give an update when I get it.

My System
post #734 of 1060 Old 08-22-2013, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
So you're getting a new 80.3 as a replacement? If so that's awesome, glad it worked out in the end. Sucks you've had to go this long but hey as we get older patience really becomes a virtue. Of course that means you have to recalibrate, take new pics, etc.. We'll wait here patiently for updates. biggrin.gif
post #735 of 1060 Old 08-22-2013, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

So you're getting a new 80.3 as a replacement? If so that's awesome, glad it worked out in the end. Sucks you've had to go this long but hey as we get older patience really becomes a virtue. Of course that means you have to recalibrate, take new pics, etc.. We'll wait here patiently for updates. biggrin.gif
I don't know about an 80.3. I was just running through the scenarios (I really have to stop chasing the mice in my head). The first scenario is that Integra still has 80.2's sitting in a warehouse someplace and they will ship me one of those. They only offer the 80.3 now and a soon to be released 60.5. My 80.2 is closer to the 80.3. The other scenario is that they don't have any 80.2's left and they will send me an 80.3 which I will not be upset about. The last scenario I can think of, although it's the most unlikely, is that since they don't have the 80.2 any more, they will simply make an 80.2 just for me. That seems like the least likely to me. I am guessing that they still had built 80.2's when they released the 80.3 so I am guessing I will get one of those 80.2's. If it turns out to be an 80.3, well, what can I say... We shall see. And yep, I will have to have my system re-calibrated again. Back to the 80.2 vs 80.3, I really don't know what the major advantages the 80.3 has over the 80.2. Maybe 3D, 4K. Also HQV(whatever that is) I don't know if I can use that in my current setup. I can't use 4k and 3D but they would still be nice to have. Plus it has another Audyssey selection. But if they still give me a 80.2, it's not like I will be upset. We shall see. Of course I will let it be known what I get.

My System
post #736 of 1060 Old 08-22-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Ah ok I thought I read that you are getting an 80.3. Well regardless of what you end up getting here's hoping you don't have to go through this again!
post #737 of 1060 Old 08-22-2013, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I can sort of see how my one other post could seem like that's what happening. But nope. I just know I am getting what I have replaced. Which is good enough for me since I only had until Oct before my 3 year warranty was up.

My System
post #738 of 1060 Old 08-22-2013, 02:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

One other possiblity is that they'll send you a factory refurbished 80.2 unit.

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #739 of 1060 Old 08-22-2013, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I guess I will have no way of knowing though if it something they had at the warehouse or a refurbished one. If it is a refurbished one then that would be just like getting mine fixed and having it sent back to me right?
Just a P.S
If they don't have the parts to send out for a repair on my own 80.2, how are the going to give me a refurbished 80.2. Wouldn't that mean that they have all the parts to make it "like new"? If that were the case, how come they just can't make mine like new. Do you see my point? If the are making refurbished units, they would need all the parts, even the HDMI boards. If they can do that, then the logic part of my brain is asking why don't they just ship out the HDMI board. That is why I thought about them maybe having assembled 80.2's somewhere. That makes more sense to me. Or an 80.3 if they really don't make or have any 80.2's any more. But I just can't see a refurbished 80.2. Unless you can explain it Craig. Maybe I am making this more complex.

My System
post #740 of 1060 Old 08-22-2013, 08:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

A refurb'd unit could have been refurb'd for something other than the HDMI board. It could have had a brokon connector or a bad volume control or most anything. I might even have been opened, never used and returned. Lots of reasons units get refurb'd.

There is nothing inherently wrong with a refurb.
Craig

Lombardi said it:

My System

post #741 of 1060 Old 08-23-2013, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

O.K. I was just wondering. Hopefully whatever they send, it will last me for a while longer.

My System
post #742 of 1060 Old 08-23-2013, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah I buy refurb all the time. You can get a great deal depending on what it is.
post #743 of 1060 Old 08-23-2013, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I wonder if I will ever know if it is a refurb or not. I mean, since I am getting it directly from Integra I guess it would be O.K. I am just wondering if they send a note or something. And since they are sending a unit that is "new to me", is it "as is" or do I get a new warranty with it.

My System
post #744 of 1060 Old 08-23-2013, 08:00 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

I wonder if I will ever know if it is a refurb or not. I mean, since I am getting it directly from Integra I guess it would be O.K. I am just wondering if they send a note or something. And since they are sending a unit that is "new to me", is it "as is" or do I get a new warranty with it.

I was actually wondering about the warranty Mike. I guess its best to ask them.

Frank

post #745 of 1060 Old 08-23-2013, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I sent an email to the guy who I was dealing with and asked him some of these questions. Hopefully he will get back to me. He replied by email before so hopefully he will again.

My System
post #746 of 1060 Old 08-23-2013, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This is directly from Integra. I asked them what I could expect. A referbished unit, new in box 80.2(if the have any left) or a 80.3. This is the reply I got back
"HI Michael,

If your unit was under warranty when it went to the service enter you would be getting a new unit. As far as the model if we do not have any of your model we would send you the most comparable model which in your case might be dhc-80.3.

Thanks"

My unit is still under warranty so I guess it would be a NIB 80.2 or a brand new 80.3. I have to admit, even though everyone is saying that a refurbished one is fine, I do feel better knowing that whatever it is, it will be a new one. I would be happy with either.

My System
post #747 of 1060 Old 08-23-2013, 12:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

This is directly from Integra. I asked them what I could expect. A referbished unit, new in box 80.2(if the have any left) or a 80.3. This is the reply I got back
"HI Michael,

If your unit was under warranty when it went to the service enter you would be getting a new unit. As far as the model if we do not have any of your model we would send you the most comparable model which in your case might be dhc-80.3.

Thanks"

My unit is still under warranty so I guess it would be a NIB 80.2 or a brand new 80.3. I have to admit, even though everyone is saying that a refurbished one is fine, I do feel better knowing that whatever it is, it will be a new one. I would be happy with either.
smile.gif

Lombardi said it:

My System

post #748 of 1060 Old 08-23-2013, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 290
#Winning
post #749 of 1060 Old 08-23-2013, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

#Winning
Yea, me and Charlie biggrin.gif. Except I have to admit, while I am cool, I am not a total bitchin rock star from Mars.

My System
post #750 of 1060 Old 08-23-2013, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Excellent news! Good to see there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel now.
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Monster Signature Series Home Theater Reference Htps 7000 Mkii Powersource With Dual Balanced Pure P , Playstation 3 160gb System , Panasonic Viera Tc P42g25 42 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv , Onkyo Integra Dtr80 3
Gear in this thread - P42g25 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page