My HT\2ch setup - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 1069 Old 06-22-2011, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I know, it's kind of disappointing. It seems sometimes that quality assurance or just being accurate has gone out the window. But, I will live . I am taking the Zen approach that these things happen, especially when people are involved. As long as they correct it, I will be happy.
This is what I ordered, only in brown, not black
http://www.furniture.co.nz/products/...oy/harbortown/

It ain't easy being green.
My System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1069 Old 06-23-2011, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Looks Awesome Mike!

Which ones did they drop off that you are currently using in the meantime?

Also a while back we chatted about the foot reclining feature, looks like your new one might have it. I took this from the link you posted

I loved this feature.

Quote:
Exclusive features such as the patented La-Z-Boy mechanism, adjustable reclining tension, secure three position footrest and many other features make La-Z-Boy the only choice in reclining comfort.
post #63 of 1069 Old 06-23-2011, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunga99 View Post
Looks Awesome Mike!

Which ones did they drop off that you are currently using in the meantime?

Also a while back we chatted about the foot reclining feature, looks like your new one might have it. I took this from the link you posted

I loved this feature.
They shipped these instead.
http://www.plazahouse.com/index.php/...ialto-recliner
I think they are a bit soft because my back hurts a bit after sitting in them for a few days. I think these new ones will look better and feel better. Too bad I have to wait another three months though. When I finally get the right ones I will share my thoughts.

My System
post #64 of 1069 Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK. I had some issues that I thought were cable related. So, I bought new speaker cables and balanced interconnects just to be sure. They sent the correct speaker cables but for the amp they sent rca, not balanced. So I have to wait a bit longer for them. BUT, the speaker cable did the trick. Now my system sounds fantastic. So I just have to wait for the other cables and get my the newer SubMersive amp Mark sent me installed and I will be good to go. I am also glad that my TV was fixed with as little pain as possible.

My System
post #65 of 1069 Old 07-16-2011, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Why you choose focal JMLAB speaker? did you listen to Proac Tablette or KEF Q series also?

One shall stand... One Shall Fall... - Optimus Prime
post #66 of 1069 Old 07-16-2011, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Leggs View Post
Why you choose focal JMLAB speaker? did you listen to Proac Tablette or KEF Q series also?
Years ago I met an audio advisor who worked at one store. Then he moved to another store and I followed him. At that store they sold Wilson Audio, B&W, JM Labs and Dynaudio. I really found myself spending more and more time in the JM room. I started going to that store in about 2002 or 2003. During that time I went every Sat and spent about 3 to hours just listening to their stuff. After enough times I realized that it was time to upgrade. To me, the JM's were the best they had. I found out that they were making an special edition speaker so I bought that in 2004. It was a mighty fine speaker. Then, a few years later I had the chance to upgrade to the 1027's so I jumped at the chance.

I have heard other speakers since then but to be honest, at the price I paid, there are not too many speakers I would trade mine for. I have heard how great they can sound with really good gear so I really don't feel the need to look any further at this time. I can't say how good the Proacs or KEF's are since I have never heard them. But as I said, I am very happy with what I have and don't see me changing them for a long time.

My System
post #67 of 1069 Old 07-20-2011, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well, the issue I thought was cable related came back, but only in reverse. Instead of the left channel playing lower it is now playing louder. I just don't get it. I am still waiting on the balanced interconnects so I will see what happens with that. But if that does not fix it, then I am really lost on what to do. I already established that it is not the speaker because when it was lower and I moved the speakers, it did not follow with the speaker. My Bryston is not showing any signals that it is the problem and I have heard of one side getting louder all of a sudden. We shall see.

My System
post #68 of 1069 Old 07-20-2011, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Maybe a silly questions but is there any difference between the Focal and JM Lab version of the speakers? One "cheaper" then the other? Love the design of them.
post #69 of 1069 Old 07-20-2011, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Maybe a silly questions but is there any difference between the Focal and JM Lab version of the speakers? One "cheaper" then the other? Love the design of them.
No, they are the same speaker company. The original name for the company was Focal JM Labs , But now I think they just like to go by Focal. I go back and forth sometimes without realizing it.

My System
post #70 of 1069 Old 07-20-2011, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Well, the issue I thought was cable related came back, but only in reverse. Instead of the left channel playing lower it is now playing louder. I just don't get it. I am still waiting on the balanced interconnects so I will see what happens with that. But if that does not fix it, then I am really lost on what to do. I already established that it is not the speaker because when it was lower and I moved the speakers, it did not follow with the speaker. My Bryston is not showing any signals that it is the problem and I have heard of one side getting louder all of a sudden. We shall see.

Sorry to hear that Mike!
It seems that you might have ruled out the speaker. Is it possible for you to swap the left cable and right cable to see if that makes a difference? I guess if the problem follows the cable then its probably the cable.
post #71 of 1069 Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 PM
CIH USER

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:

What's happening their Mike with the left increasing in volume? Do you have your balanced cables yet?

Frank

post #72 of 1069 Old 07-21-2011, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

What's happening their Mike with the left increasing in volume? Do you have your balanced cables yet?

I have no idea what the heck is going on Frank. No, I don't have the balanced cables yet. I still need to wait for them to be delivered to my dealer and then I have have my dealer come by and install them. But, he is going through some pretty heavy personal issues and then to take a break from it all he may be going away so I don't know when we can work it out. I can tell you that it still sounds louder but with me setting the level equal on my own, the speakers sound scary good now. I just hope it is the cables otherwise it is the amp or the preamp. That is something I don't want to even think about.

My System
post #73 of 1069 Old 07-21-2011, 05:19 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

I have no idea what the heck is going on Frank. No, I don't have the balanced cables yet. I still need to wait for them to be delivered to my dealer and then I have have my dealer come by and install them. But, he is going through some pretty heavy personal issues and then to take a break from it all he may be going away so I don't know when we can work it out. I can tell you that it still sounds louder but with me setting the level equal on my own, the speakers sound scary good now. I just hope it is the cables otherwise it is the amp or the preamp. That is something I don't want to even think about.

I agree you don't want it to be a pre amp or power amp. Have you thought of trying a set of balance cable on the cheap while waiting for the ones on order? I did that whilst waiting for my cables, too be honest it wasn't too bad. If I didn't order the other cables I would of stuck with them.

Frank

post #74 of 1069 Old 07-21-2011, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I agree you don't want it to be a pre amp or power amp. Have you thought of trying a set of balance cable on the cheap while waiting for the ones on order? I did that whilst waiting for my cables, too be honest it wasn't too bad. If I didn't order the other cables I would of stuck with them.

I can't change them on my own so if I bought new ones I would just have to wait anyway for some help. I might as well just hang on and when it gets done it gets done. At least I know it is not the speakers or the speaker cable so that's two things I can be sure of.

My System
post #75 of 1069 Old 07-21-2011, 07:28 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

I can't change them on my own so if I bought new ones I would just have to wait anyway for some help. I might as well just hang on and when it gets done it gets done. At least I know it is not the speakers or the speaker cable so that's two things I can be sure of.

Well Im curious to know what is the cause. Keep us posted Mike.

Frank

post #76 of 1069 Old 07-21-2011, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well Im curious to know what is the cause. Keep us posted Mike.

Will do. I am curious myself.

My System
post #77 of 1069 Old 07-22-2011, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well, the cables came in. My dealer is going to try and swing by tomorrow and replace them real quick. Let's see what happens now.

My System
post #78 of 1069 Old 07-22-2011, 05:14 AM
CIH USER

Great news about the cables Mike. It will be interesting to see what the cause was of your volume increase in your speaker.

Frank

post #79 of 1069 Old 07-22-2011, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Great news about the cables Mike. It will be interesting to see what the cause was of your volume increase in your speaker.

My thoughts are this. I already verified that it was not the speakers and after tomorrow I will have all new cables so that should take them out of the equation. That means if it happens again it has to be the amp or preamp. At least that's my thinking. Hopefully this does it.

My System
post #80 of 1069 Old 07-22-2011, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Brytson thinks it's the amp and I need to send it in for repair. That would really stink, but it is probably what I have to do.

My System
post #81 of 1069 Old 07-22-2011, 05:36 PM
CIH USER

Quote:

Brytson thinks it's the amp and I need to send it in for repair. That would really stink, but it is probably what I have to do.

That's no good.

Frank

post #82 of 1069 Old 07-22-2011, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yea, I know. I guess I can only wish really hard the the cables do it. I am not worried about paying for it. Bryston has a 20 year warranty and I have pleanty of time left. It's just the pain of getting the amp out and to them and then having a system with no left and right speakers for who knows how long.

My System
post #83 of 1069 Old 07-25-2011, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK. Here is an update. I had the cables installed, but they were not the issue. I plead the 5th on what the issue was. But all is OK now. I am getting a new amp for my sub installed tonight and I should be good to go after that. Then I all need are my correct chairs and I should good to go for major upgrades until the end of the year.

My System
post #84 of 1069 Old 07-25-2011, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Awesome Mike!

Do you plan to re-run Auydessy with the new HP Amp installed? There's a possibility you may need to.
post #85 of 1069 Old 07-25-2011, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yea. That is the plan. Craig is coming over tonight to help me install the amp. The only issue is that when I get the chairs I am supposed to have, they will allow me to be more in the center sweet spot so I will have to run it again. But at least I know I will be %100 working.

My System
post #86 of 1069 Old 07-26-2011, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I am back in buisness again. We replaced the SubMersive amp. The scenes that were giving me a problem are giving me a problem no more. Now all I need are my correct chairs and then I will be set.

My System
post #87 of 1069 Old 07-26-2011, 04:30 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

I am back in buisness again. We replaced the SubMersive amp. The scenes that were giving me a problem are giving me a problem no more. Now all I need are my correct chairs and then I will be set.

Good to see it all worked out well Mike.

Frank

post #88 of 1069 Old 07-26-2011, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks Frank. Yea. It's a relief I can tell you. Now I can back to watching movies and listening to music without any hesitation.

My System
post #89 of 1069 Old 07-26-2011, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Glad you guys got it all sorted out Mike!
post #90 of 1069 Old 07-27-2011, 04:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yep. It's a good thing for sure to know that I can go to -10 and have no fear. Well, no fear of anything going wrong that is. Fear of the room and just overall fear of what this sub can do is an entirely different matter .

My System
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Monster Signature Series Home Theater Reference Htps 7000 Mkii Powersource With Dual Balanced Pure P , Playstation 3 160gb System , Panasonic Viera Tc P42g25 42 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv , Onkyo Integra Dtr80 3
Gear in this thread - P42g25 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page