My HT\2ch setup - Page 36 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1051 of 1051 Old Today, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Thanks for that great explanation Craig. It was very helpful. I was thinking of a 70in 2:35 screen to be honest with you. I think while it would look wide, the lack of height, when compared to a 16x9 screen would work in my favor. The only things that I watch that would not be 2:35 are TV shows like Deadwood. That is 1:77. But I could live with how that would look on the projector.

I assume that 1:77 is still some sort of wide screen aspect ratio. When I watch that, or 1:85 or standard 1:33 content on a 2:35 screen, that's when I would get the black bars on the side of the picture right? Are there any circumstances that would cause the "letter boxing" to appear like it does now on my TV? You know, top and bottom if I use a 2:35 screen? Now I would most likely use this for movies and barely use it for CATV.

I remember watching King Kong and LoTR on your screen. They looked really good. It was cool to have the entire screen filled up. Plus I do remember that Avatar had the black bars but on a screen your size, it was still very big and impressive.

Now as far as lowering the screen, Dennis must have seen my posts and he sent me an email. This is what he said:
"I saw your post about a projector/screen on AVS. It is totally possible to do a motorized AT screen in your size (I think you said 65" 2.35:1) through my screen company, Seymour AV. We program the drop to the perfect height for your room, and it would drop down right in front of your TV, then it will go back up with a touch of a button when you want to watch the smaller TV."

So that seems to me that it could be done. We would also have to figure out how to mount the projector and drop it below my fan. That would mean we would have to move my ceiling treatments forward a bit. I can't drop the ones on the back wall because that would leave zero space for my chairs. So that has to be looked into. But I would really love to do this. I know it's not a 170" 150" or 120" like you have, but I think a 70" would do me just fine . Your screen is awesome by the way and I can't imagine how big a room has to be to go much bigger then what you have. So now as you say I have to work on the FAF. We will work on that aspect in a little bit.

I don't want to get ahead of my self, but this could be really fun.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Monster Signature Series Home Theater Reference Htps 7000 Mkii Powersource With Dual Balanced Pure P , Playstation 3 160gb System , Panasonic Viera Tc P42g25 42 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv , Onkyo Integra Dtr80 3
Gear in this thread - P42g25 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page