My HT\2ch setup - Page 38 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1111 of 1111 Unread Today, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Well, I have had some sort of Focal speaker for over 10 years now. I went from the Electra 927be and cc-901 to what I have now which is the Electra 1027be+CC1000be+Chorus 705's for surrounds. I like them very much. In my room(which is treated) and my equipment I don't find them bright at all. The older series was but not the ones I have, again to me. They are really good for music but they are also very nice for movies. I have found that any flaws they may find in a movie were distracting. I just watched a DVD rip last night. No Country for Old Men. That movie sounded amazing. Not harsh at all. Not fatiguing either. On all my movies, they sound great. Plus I have had other people over who don't have Focal, but have Triad or Legacy speakers and they have NEVER complained about the sound being harsh or letting you hear what's wrong with the soundtrack.

I have heard the 1028's in a store with music only. They sounded fantastic to me. All the music and songs they were playing sounded great.

Even on my system, if I play a non-audiophile band like TOOL or Audioslave, the, music sounds really good. When I watch a BR rip or DVD rip of a movie, again, they sound really good. Let me put it this way. If I had 8ft of snow at my house(like some people do now), I would have no problem watching movie after movie. I know I could do that and not get tired of the sound. Now are they for you?, I can't say. I know people like different sounds. For me they are dynamic enough but I can tell you from experience, there are other speakers that are more dynamic. If you ask me if I am happy with what I have I would have to answer hell yes. And again, my friends who come over, say that I have a really outstanding sounding system. And one of these people has heard a lot of different systems. I say give them another chance. It could have been the room that made them sound that way. Don't let the fact that they may be too revealing turn you off to them. I have well over 200 movies and shows at my disposal. Not once did I think that they were letting me hear too much of what was in the movie in a bad way. But that's just me. I don't know what other speakers you are thinking about but to me, the Focal's warrant a chance.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Monster Signature Series Home Theater Reference Htps 7000 Mkii Powersource With Dual Balanced Pure P , Playstation 3 160gb System , Panasonic Viera Tc P42g25 42 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv , Onkyo Integra Dtr80 3
Gear in this thread - P42g25 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page