post #91 of 1106 Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 AM
CIH USER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Fear of the room and just overall fear of what this sub can do is an entirely different matter .

Before you watch a movie Mike organise some maintenance guys for the next day just in case the subs do structural damage.

Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1106 Old 07-27-2011, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 80
What is interesting is that when I ran it at -10db we played WOTW and HTTYD. But, there was someone else in the house downstairs. I asked "how bad was that?" The reply I got was, "not so bad". Needless to say I was surprised. We shall see what happens in the future but it does seem that I can turn it up louder without strain in the room. Can't wait to get the right chairs. Way down the road, I am wondering if should replace my Bryston amps with a single amp. I am tying to cut down on the heat in the room. I can either look for an ICE amp, or maybe something from Parasound. I know they are class A/AB and they get a bit warm but I am thinking that even with that, it still may be better then the two ovens, I mean Bryston's I have now, But that is for a later date. Right now I am enjoying my system.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
post #93 of 1106 Old 07-27-2011, 08:52 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

What is interesting is that when I ran it at -10db we played WOTW and HTTYD. But, there was someone else in the house downstairs. I asked "how bad was that?" The reply I got was, "not so bad". Needless to say I was surprised. We shall see what happens in the future but it does seem that I can turn it up louder without strain in the room. Can't wait to get the right chairs. Way down the road, I am wondering if should replace my Bryston amps with a single amp. I am tying to cut down on the heat in the room. I can either look for an ICE amp, or maybe something from Parasound. I know they are class A/AB and they get a bit warm but I am thinking that even with that, it still may be better then the two ovens, I mean Bryston's I have now, But that is for a later date. Right now I am enjoying my system.

That's good news the house will be able to handle more power. Do your neighbours hear it?

I think you should sit back and enjoy your system. Once your proper chairs arrive just enjoy.

Frank
post #94 of 1106 Old 07-27-2011, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The plan is to get the new chairs, recline them, and just enjoy. I really like how it sounds and looks even though the TV is 42in.

My System
post #95 of 1106 Old 07-27-2011, 11:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
Hi Mike,

It was good to see you the other night. The system did sound excellent after we installed the new Submersive HP amp and re-ran Audyssey. I'm glad everything is back in working order. Let's hope it stays that way!

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #96 of 1106 Old 07-27-2011, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post
Hi Mike,

It was good to see you the other night. The system did sound excellent after we installed the new Submersive HP amp and re-ran Audyssey. I'm glad everything is back in working order. Let's hope it stays that way!

Craig
Thanks Craig. I need to look for Gremlin traps on eBay. If you find any, please let me know. Can't wait to check out your system. But I have to say that after we re-ran Audyssey, I really like the sound I am getting now. Just waiting on the chairs. Over the weekend I will change the setting on the amp and see what happens. Then I will report back to Mark. But I can't wait to be able to watch HTTYD all the way through now. I am also going to leave that dynamic volume?, is that what it was, off for now. I want to watch a few movies like that. Then I will switch it on and see what happens. But thanks again. I really mean it. I would not be able to do any of the new things I have been trying without your help or Dennis' for that matter. After I watch a few more movies I may post some more thoughts.

My System
post #97 of 1106 Old 08-06-2011, 09:54 PM
CIH USER

Hi Mike I watched the book of Eli last night and I noticed in some scenes i was hearing a buzzing sound coming out of my left 1027BE speaker. At first I thought it was the tweeter then I noticed its the speaker above the tweeter. I put on the DVE disk and did the frequencey sweep fo 30hz to 22khz and noticed at 300hz I hear the buzz coming out of the left speaker. Any thought what that could be?

I will also post this on the focal thread.

Frank
post #98 of 1106 Old 08-08-2011, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just saw this post now. As you can see, we have been talking in the Focal thread.

My System
post #99 of 1106 Old 08-08-2011, 08:15 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Just saw this post now. As you can see, we have been talking in the Focal thread.

Yes I posted here first. But Im glad its all sorted know. Cheers.

Frank
post #100 of 1106 Old 08-09-2011, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Tomorrow+chairs=.

My System
post #101 of 1106 Old 08-09-2011, 05:32 PM
CIH USER

Quote:

Tomorrow+chairs=.

Fantastic news Mike!! Looking forward to the pics.

Frank
post #102 of 1106 Old 08-10-2011, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Fantastic news Mike!! Looking forward to the pics.

Thanks Frank. I will do my best to get some pics this weekend. Again,they are not "traditional" HT chairs but who cares. They fit my room, the price was not TOO bad, and they are comfy.

Also, I like to go my own way anyway.

My System
post #103 of 1106 Old 08-10-2011, 08:23 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Thanks Frank. I will do my best to get some pics this weekend. Again,they are not "traditional" HT chairs but who cares. They fit my room, the price was not TOO bad, and they are comfy.

Also, I like to go my own way anyway.

exactly why would you go any other way. Mate you have an awesome setup and you need the right comfort that suits you to enjoy that setup. When it comes to chairs and a few other things in home theatre there is no right or wrong way. Id love to get new chairs, hopefully later this year or next. I have formal lounge chairs made in italy which are not traditional ht chairs and they kill my ht chairs for comfort. Ive begged my wife if i can have them and refuses. Theyre white ( still matches my room, screen is white ) and are very comfortable.

Looking forward in seeing the pics mike.

Frank
post #104 of 1106 Old 08-10-2011, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks Frank for the nice words. I have done my best and I am really happy with how the room looks(TV) and sounds. Although a 100+ inch screen wouldn't hurt either. I have seen other chairs that look bad ass. And ones that are more traditional. But I know I will be happy with these. It'snot like these were cheap either. I got the higher grade leather so they should still feel great. When I was at the store, these were the ones I always went back to. Plus, I did have to be realistic about their size. The ones I have now, the wrong ones really opened the room up. These being smaller should open the room even more. These are the measurements of the ones I have now(H: 41" x W: 32" x D: 37). These are the measurements of the ones I am getting today(H: 40" x W: 28.5" x D: 35"). So you can see the difference. Plus, after I bought them I realized that the one cloth recliner I have is probably a Harbor Town as well. Just not in leather. Pics to follow.

My System
post #105 of 1106 Old 08-11-2011, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well, I got my chairs. The correct chairs. They are much better then the ones they are replacing. They are more compact so the look nicer and open the room up even more. Plus, they are very comfortable. I will try and take some pics this weekend.

My System
post #106 of 1106 Old 08-11-2011, 06:37 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Well, I got my chairs. The correct chairs. They are much better then the ones they are replacing. They are more compact so the look nicer and open the room up even more. Plus, they are very comfortable. I will try and take some pics this weekend.

That's great, Mike! Looking forward to the pictures.

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #107 of 1106 Old 08-11-2011, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

That's great, Mike! Looking forward to the pictures.

Craig

Yep, I am good to go. I centered my seat but that really pushed the other one over. I haven't watched a movie or listened to music yet. Just TV. Probably Fri and this weekend. When you come over, maybe we can experiment on seating positions to see if I can move them back out and still get a nice sound stage after we do the EQ. I will let you see where the seats are and then you can let me know what you think. How does that sound.

My System
post #108 of 1106 Old 08-11-2011, 02:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Yep, I am good to go. I centered my seat but that really pushed the other one over. I haven't watched a movie or listened to music yet. Just TV. Probably Fri and this weekend. When you come over, maybe we can experiment on seating positions to see if I can move them back out and still get a nice sound stage after we do the EQ. I will let you see where the seats are and then you can let me know what you think. How does that sound.

If it were my system, I would place the primary seat directly in front of the CC and the middle of the display. That would put the primary seat equidistant from the L/R's and the surrounds. It's also the point I used for the first Audyssey measurement, so the levels and distances are set for that precise spot. Then the other chair would just go wherever it goes.

Craig

Lombardi said it:

My System

post #109 of 1106 Old 08-11-2011, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Awesome stuff Mike!

Did you happen to notice if the new chairs have the 3 position footrest feature? I think you will have to slowly pull the handle/lever till you hear it click for each position. If so, how do you like that feature?

Can wait to see the pics too
post #110 of 1106 Old 08-11-2011, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunga99 View Post

Awesome stuff Mike!

Did you happen to notice if the new chairs have the 3 position footrest feature? I think you will have to slowly pull the handle/lever till you hear it click for each position. If so, how do you like that feature?

Can wait to see the pics too

Thanks. These are really nice to sit in. Lazy boy makes good stuff. Plus the size is perfect. Also, the pics on their website to don't do it justice. They look fantastic in person. I will check to see about foot rest. For me, the most confortable is all the way up so I just go right to that spot. But I will check it out. If not, it is not a deal breaker at all because I like them very much as they are. Pics this weekend.

My System
post #111 of 1106 Old 08-11-2011, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Being very comfortable, having high quality sound and a fantastic picture, what more can anyone of us ask for (other than a cold beverage)

cant wait to see the pics.
post #112 of 1106 Old 08-12-2011, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So I tried what you were asking. I could only get them to stop in 2 positions. One slightly raised but still on an angle down, and one fully extended. I liked the feel of the fully extended one better so that is what I will continue to use.

My System
post #113 of 1106 Old 08-14-2011, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Pics of the chairs

I have sat in the for a while now. They are very comfortable. I just realized that you can sort of slide them
forward so you are even more reclined. I like that position now as it allows me to get my head in better line with with the TV.
LL
LL
LL

My System
post #114 of 1106 Old 08-14-2011, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here are some more

I would just like to add that these are much more comfortable then the last one I had. Plus the leather feels great. This was a very nice upgrade to the room. It is cool how much more open the room looks now.
LL
LL
LL

My System
post #115 of 1106 Old 08-14-2011, 01:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Those look really nice, Mike! Did the sound change much, or at all? Is the primary chair in the middle of the room, symmetric to the L/R's?

Craig

Lombardi said it:

My System

post #116 of 1106 Old 08-14-2011, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

WOW!!

They look fantastic Mike! Great Choice!

Had a quick question, what the purple Kleenex box looking thing next to the SubMersive Hp?
post #117 of 1106 Old 08-14-2011, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Again, I will say that I know they are not the more traditional looking HT chairs but I like them a lot.
Craig, the primary seat is as centered as I can possibly get it. If it is off, it is not off by much. When I get back from Florida we should try and setup a time for you and Dennis to swing by. I have watched TV, and listened to some music and maybe watched a movie. What I have watched so far really has not been dynamic or exciting yet. So I don't know if effected the bass in any way. But it did not get worse. When I get a chance I will watch a real movie and see if I notice anything. I will say that my system has never sounded better. For music, I can say that now that I am in the center more the soundstage is fantastic. It really sounds like my center channel is on during straight 2ch bypass. Sometimes I just have to shake my head.

My System
post #118 of 1106 Old 08-14-2011, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks Claude. Those purple boxes are yoga blocks. I use them to help me strecth my ankles. They really are great chairs. To be honest, anything much bigger really would have looked silly in the room plus I would not have been able to center my main chair as much as I can now.

My System
post #119 of 1106 Old 08-14-2011, 06:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Again, I will say that I know they are not the more traditional looking HT chairs but I like the a lot.
Craig, the primary seat is as centered as I can possibly get it. If it is off, it is not off by much. When I get back from Florida we should try and setup a time for you and Dennis to swing buy. I have watched TV, and listened to some music and maybe watched a movie. What I have watched so far really has not been dynamic or exciting yet. So I don't know if effected the bass in any way. But it did not get worse. When I get a chance I will watch a real movie and see if I notice anything. I will say that my system has never sounded better. For music, I can say that now that I am in the center more the soundstage is fantastic. It really sounds like my center channel is on during straight 2ch bypass. Sometimes I just have to shake my head.

Craig

Lombardi said it:

My System

post #120 of 1106 Old 08-14-2011, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks Claude. Those purple boxes are yoga blocks. I use them to help me strecth my ankles. They really are great chairs. To be honest, anything much bigger really would have looked silly in the room plus I would not have been able to center my main chair as much as I can now.

Awesome Mike! I was more curious to see if it had something to do with Audio. So let see..... Awesome gear, Awesome furniture, a ton of great movies and music and even Yoga! Sounds like there is no reason to ever leave that room other than to use the bathroom
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Monster Signature Series Home Theater Reference Htps 7000 Mkii Powersource With Dual Balanced Pure P , Playstation 3 160gb System , Panasonic Viera Tc P42g25 42 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv , Onkyo Integra Dtr80 3
Gear in this thread - P42g25 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page