My 650 Square feet! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I love looking at other peoples setups on avs so I thought it was about time to share my little itty bitty apartment. Im a big fan xbmc so I also included some screen shots.

Thanks for looking

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 12:19 PM

Nice setup and view of the city.

What speakers are those?
post #3 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Beautiful view wow...nice setup but those front L/R speakers need to be placed further apart. at least on each side of the tv.
post #4 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. Im fully aware of my audio shortcomings with my speaker setup lol. I dont dare show you how my rear speakers are setup. I have definitely made compromises for aesthetics.

The speakers are a 5.1 Boston Acoustic set. Don't remember exact model numbers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Nice, what type of remote is that looks like an ipad?

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360 HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #6 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 05:27 PM

What does an apartment with a view like that go for, if you don't mind me asking?
post #7 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 05:46 PM

I just watched an episode of house hunters in DC and the prices there apartment/condo are pretty crazy! Great looking system for the space you have.
post #8 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

The remote is a rooted nook color running xbmc android remote.

Well its funny I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for most of my life so now that I live in Wisconsin almost any rent seems affordable. Plus you have to remember its only 1 bedroom 650 sq feet. The rent for this building ranges between 900 and 2000.

post #9 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Isn't XBMC the greatest?

I need to go back and look at more Dark Knight artwork. I remember seeing the one you have up of the joker scrawling and others along those lines.

Nice room.

-Greg

post #10 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 08:04 PM
EJD

Wow, very nice. I fully understand about the compromises one often has to make regarding their living space - well done.

Now to the important part - XMBC looks unbelievable! I've never heard of that, so I've got some research to do. I'm really only interested in audio playback (of flacs) and don't have a HTPC. Do you think it would be valuable in such a setup?
post #11 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJD View Post

Wow, very nice. I fully understand about the compromises one often has to make regarding their living space - well done.

Now to the important part - XMBC looks unbelievable! I've never heard of that, so I've got some research to do. I'm really only interested in audio playback (of flacs) and don't have a HTPC. Do you think it would be valuable in such a setup?

Ejd you might want to look into the apple tv. Xbmc has just been ported to it and should work well for audio. Plus an apple tv is what $99?

post #12 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 09:10 PM

Whoa, it's so clean (cables and decor). Awesome view outside too.

No coffee table?

post #13 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 09:26 PM

Is that Andrea Bocelli playing in that first picture? I was just listening to him this morning and remembered that my XBMC grabbed the same artwork. I agree with white noise, the Left and Right speakers should be just a little bit further apart. If you pushed them out to the edges of that shelf they would be just right. Very clean apartment for the smaller size, mine is just a little bit larger and I have junk everywhere. (Also super jealous of your view)

Bencorn's Media Room
post #14 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterren View Post

Whoa, it's so clean (cables and decor). Awesome view outside too.

No coffee table?

Yeah spent awhile looking for a coffee table but decided against one. I thought a coffee table could clutter a already small living space.

post #15 of 19 Old 02-04-2011, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencorn View Post

Is that Andrea Bocelli playing in that first picture? I was just listening to him this morning and remembered that my XBMC grabbed the same artwork. I agree with white noise, the Left and Right speakers should be just a little bit further apart. If you pushed them out to the edges of that shelf they would be just right. Very clean apartment for the smaller size, mine is just a little bit larger and I have junk everywhere. (Also super jealous of your view)

Yeah thats Bocelli. Well I'm Jealous of you having a projector set up. The next place I live is going to have room for a projector!

post #16 of 19 Old 02-07-2011, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Nice clean setup, plus a good view of the city. Thanks for sharing.
post #17 of 19 Old 02-11-2011, 05:22 PM

Really nice setup and the view!!! Nice to see another Madison person around.
post #18 of 19 Old 01-21-2013, 10:22 AM

That view is amazing. and awesome clean setup. I will be working on my XBMC today. Gotta love holiday's off with nobody home.
post #19 of 19 Old 01-22-2013, 10:52 AM

Liked: 46
Killer view. Sorry I missed what city you live in?

Some day (or night rather) before I die I'd like to get a high rise with a large floor to ceiling window just like that, throw a tight blonde up against the glass, and shag her with the lights on for the whole neighbourhood to see. I envy you Mr. Your place may only be 650 sq/ft but it is ALL yours! Don't ever forget that. If you ever become weak/dumb enough to go down on one knee and capitulate, it won't matter how big of a place you end up going to b/c from that moment on you will never again have ANY sq/ft you can call your own... except maybe the garage. "Man Caves" can be a nice retreat and although we try to decorate/maintain them in such a way that the environment is the least agreeable to the female sex, they can still walk in and bitch you out when they want - or worse yet, just plop down in the seat next to you to sit in silence. *This is why any sort of bar/liquor unit is esential, WITH running water (even if its a little 15" sink; you could be down there for days).

All joking aside nice pad. So XBMC is just a platform for streaming your network content and internet material, right? It does not actually provide you with movies or music like netflix or itunes does, right?

As for the clip art and info (movie dates, cast, etc), dues XBMC do what other smart-tv decides (like Boxxee) do and simply rip the info/images from like IMDB or other? Never heard of XBMC before. Am thinking about trying it out.

Current setup:

Reply What's Your System Configuration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page