BrolicBeast's Living Room Theater - Page 103 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3061 of 3327 Old 03-19-2014, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 312

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   4K in the house!!!

The Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| The System:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 3327 Old 03-19-2014, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   4K in the house!!!

congrats bro
post #3063 of 3327 Old 03-19-2014, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Okay, 4K great.. But the real important question, what's in the Emotiva Box??
post #3064 of 3327 Old 03-19-2014, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfredent View Post

congrats bro

Thanks man!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevon27 View Post

Okay, 4K great.. But the real important question, what's in the Emotiva Box??

Boxed up the XPR-1's--moving day is fast-approaching. 

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #3065 of 3327 Old 03-19-2014, 06:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 83
how do you like the XPR1's. I was down to 3 XPR1's or the LG 10k for my LCR. I ended up pulling the trigger on the LG but still really interested in the XPR too.

Pre-Pro: Emotiva XMC-1, DSP: Mini DSP 2x4 balanced
Amplifier: Sunfire TGA7400, Lab Gruppen FP10000Q
Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
Sources: PS3, HTPC, Dish Network
Projector: Epson 8350
Screen: Seymour XD AT 138" diagonal 16:9
post #3066 of 3327 Old 03-19-2014, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrown105 View Post

how do you like the XPR1's. I was down to 3 XPR1's or the LG 10k for my LCR. I ended up pulling the trigger on the LG but still really interested in the XPR too.

I LOVE the XPR--1's! I can't imagine a better amplifier! I hate to ask, but what's an LG 10k?

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #3067 of 3327 Old 03-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I LOVE the XPR--1's! I can't imagine a better amplifier! I hate to ask, but what's an LG 10k?
Yeah I have heard good things. How hot does it run when being pushed? The LG is Lab Gruppen FP 10000q. Basically a very high end touring amplifier. 2100 watts x 4 channels at 4 ohms. Full dsp and circuit protection.

Speakers: JTR Noesis 212HT (LCR), JTR Slant 8's (surrounds), 3 Orbit Shifter LFU's
post #3068 of 3327 Old 03-20-2014, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:

Yeah I have heard good things. How hot does it run when being pushed? The LG is Lab Gruppen FP 10000q. Basically a very high end touring amplifier. 2100 watts x 4 channels at 4 ohms. Full dsp and circuit protection.

If Matt would come hang out with us regular peeps on the JTR forum, he would know what an LG amp was tongue.gif

Just kidding bro. Your new set-up is going to be lights out. Can't wait to see the finished product.

My updated (2/2014)HT set-up

post #3069 of 3327 Old 03-20-2014, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ah, ok got ya! Man, I went to google and searched for LG 10K and also LG 10,000 and nothing popped up.  But Lab Gruppen--now it makes sense.  What drove you to go with the LG as opposed to the XPR's?  It's very dificult to push these amps hard (they're so powerful), but at consistent reference volume with my hand over the vents atop the chassis, they don't run very warm at all.

I use a pro amp for my Crowson Transducers--a Behringer iNuke 1000dsp.  The built-in DSP was critical in getting the crowsons tuned to just the right response, so I know your DSP amp must be treating you well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

If Matt would come hang out with us regular peeps on the JTR forum, he would know what an LG amp was tongue.gif

Just kidding bro. Your new set-up is going to be lights out. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Well Well Well, it's Mr. Custom-Noesis himself (still crazy how you got that 212 horn into the 228 cabinet)....LOLOL--I pop in the JTR thread from time-to-time to see what's new; I must say, the discussions there are very interesting. Do a lot of JTR owners use Lab Gruppen amps? I don't know much about pro amps, other than my Behringer (which I didn't know existed until reading about it somewhere on AVS).

LIGHTS OUT.......CAMERA....ACTION!!!!! I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting for these Triad CinemaPlus Platinums to arrive (they apparently take a while to build).  I may have to open up the crate just to snap pictures that I can look at eighteen times a day until they are installed. heh heh heh.

wilfredent likes this.

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #3070 of 3327 Old 03-20-2014, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Shooting the Sony VPL-VW600ES unboxing video this week.  If there's anything in particular that anyone would like me to focus on in particular, let me know!

To infinity, and beyond!

wilfredent likes this.

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #3071 of 3327 Old 03-20-2014, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

For those with JRiver--let me tell you what will get you points.  Back up your Wedding DVD/Blu Ray the same way you'd do any other disc, find it in JRiver, and create a View called "Love of My Life" and create the appropriate tag so that only the wedding video shows up under that category.  Sit the wife down for a movie (tell her it's a surprise), and let her watch you navigate in Theater view to the "Love of My Life" section, and queue up your wedding video. Watch and Enjoy!

wilfredent likes this.

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #3072 of 3327 Old 03-20-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:

Shooting the Sony VPL-VW600ES unboxing video this week.  If there's anything in particular that anyone would like me to focus on in particular, let me know!

To infinity, and beyond!
Quote:

For those with JRiver--let me tell you what will get you points.  Back up your Wedding DVD/Blu Ray the same way you'd do any other disc, find it in JRiver, and create a View called "Love of My Life" and create the appropriate tag so that only the wedding video shows up under that category.  Sit the wife down for a movie (tell her it's a surprise), and let her watch you navigate in Theater view to the "Love of My Life" section, and queue up your wedding video. Watch and Enjoy!

You know, I've never watched my wedding videos. And I've probably looked at the wedding album about once and not all of it.
My gosh, the money we spent and that wedding I should have watched the video 3 times a day for the last 10 years.
post #3073 of 3327 Old 03-20-2014, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sony 600ES.png

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #3074 of 3327 Old 03-20-2014, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Freakin sweet Matt. I can't wait to see that thing hanging in your room.

It ain't easy being green.

post #3075 of 3327 Old 03-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ah, ok got ya! Man, I went to google and searched for LG 10K and also LG 10,000 and nothing popped up.  But Lab Gruppen--now it makes sense.  What drove you to go with the LG as opposed to the XPR's?  It's very dificult to push these amps hard (they're so powerful), but at consistent reference volume with my hand over the vents atop the chassis, they don't run very warm at all.

I use a pro amp for my Crowson Transducers--a Behringer iNuke 1000dsp.  The built-in DSP was critical in getting the crowsons tuned to just the right response, so I know your DSP amp must be treating you well!

Well Well Well, it's Mr. Custom-Noesis himself (still crazy how you got that 212 horn into the 228 cabinet)....LOLOL--I pop in the JTR thread from time-to-time to see what's new; I must say, the discussions there are very interesting. Do a lot of JTR owners use Lab Gruppen amps? I don't know much about pro amps, other than my Behringer (which I didn't know existed until reading about it somewhere on AVS).

LIGHTS OUT.......CAMERA....ACTION!!!!! I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting for these Triad CinemaPlus Platinums to arrive (they apparently take a while to build).  I may have to open up the crate just to snap pictures that I can look at eighteen times a day until they are installed. heh heh heh.
Ended up with the LG basically chose between really large and heavy vs lighter but much louder because of fan noise. Cost of 3 XPR 1's is about the same as the LG10K and since my amp will be in a separate room I went with LG. My speaker designer felt it is probably about the perfect amp for the speakers I have.

BTW, that is an awesome projector can't wait to hear what you think of it. You have really nice choices of equipment all around.

post #3076 of 3327 Old 03-20-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
Sony 600ES.png

Nice, but you only have ONE projector.. Kids nowaday use at least 2..
post #3077 of 3327 Old 03-21-2014, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Freakin sweet Matt. I can't wait to see that thing hanging in your room.

Thanks Mike--it'll probably be in a hush box, but I still can't wait to get it in the room.  I couldn't wait, so i shot the unboxing video yesterday and WHEWWWWW this thing puts out a seriousssss picture.  I had to test it on the wall, and even so--the picture was superb. I can't even image it on a great screen.

Quote:

Ended up with the LG basically chose between really large and heavy vs lighter but much louder because of fan noise. Cost of 3 XPR 1's is about the same as the LG10K and since my amp will be in a separate room I went with LG. My speaker designer felt it is probably about the perfect amp for the speakers I have.

BTW, that is an awesome projector can't wait to hear what you think of it. You have really nice choices of equipment all around.

Ah, ok--i hear you on the separate equipment room setup.  My Behringer also gets very loud (or so I've read) but Ihad everything behind the theater in a smaller room, so no fan-niuse was ever heard.  that's ap retty impressive equipment list you've got in your signature.  I would ask "how do you like your Noesis?", but something tells me that I already know the answer! lolol.

Quote:

Nice, but you only have ONE projector.. Kids nowaday use at least 2..

Wahhh???  :confused:

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #3078 of 3327 Old 03-21-2014, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks Mike--it'll probably be in a hush box, but I still can't wait to get it in the room.  I couldn't wait, so i shot the unboxing video yesterday and WHEWWWWW this thing puts out a seriousssss picture.  I had to test it on the wall, and even so--the picture was superb. I can't even image it on a great screen.
Cool. I can't wait until you post that vid. And I know you described it before, but can you please describe your home theater preamp plan and room correction solution? I know you got rid of the Theta but I am still confused on what you are using to get the audio like TRUHD and DTS-MA as well as how you will EQ the room. I think it was some ideas from your designer?

post #3079 of 3327 Old 03-21-2014, 09:26 AM

post #3080 of 3327 Old 03-21-2014, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

I have heard about systems with stacked, or two projectors and I always wondered how it was implemented.

post #3081 of 3327 Old 03-21-2014, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Sony VPL-VW600 ES Unboxing Video

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #3082 of 3327 Old 03-21-2014, 01:10 PM

I surprised you haven't moved up to a Runco or a Sim2..
post #3083 of 3327 Old 03-21-2014, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Cool. I can't wait until you post that vid. And I know you described it before, but can you please describe your home theater preamp plan and room correction solution? I know you got rid of the Theta but I am still confused on what you are using to get the audio like TRUHD and DTS-MA as well as how you will EQ the room. I think it was some ideas from your designer?

Ah, well if an Auro 3D processor isn't released by the time the theater is ready to get going, I'm going to use JRiver as a direct source to the Oppo BDP-105D; I'm going to use an external multi-channel processor (by Ashly or the like) that PMI regular uses in their high-end installations; they are going to fly out and fine-tune the room to perfection. Once Auro 3D/Atmos processors are available, I'll pay PMI again to fly out and re-tune the room for 3D Audio. 

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #3084 of 3327 Old 03-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Thanks for the video. Nice job. I still have not opened my new pj from Christmas - still waiting for my black diamond screen to be delivered. So I'll live through you for another week or so. cool.gif

Dan

My set up

post #3085 of 3327 Old 03-21-2014, 07:02 PM

Will the sony 4k media server be compatible with this projector?
post #3086 of 3327 Old 03-22-2014, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

I surprised you haven't moved up to a Runco or a Sim2..
Projector Central has a comparison review of a an Epson 6030UB vs. a Runco X-200i here. There is an $11,500 price difference and from what the reviewer said, the Epson beat the Runco in everything except sharpness. If you scroll down to the comments section of the article, people are bashing Runco pretty bad. I've heard in the past that they can be terribly overpriced, especially with projectors under $5K being so good these days. Now as for the Sim2, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything negative, ever. Also, I think these new Sony 4K's are supposed to be ridiculously good and on par with Sim2.
Just throwing that out there in case Brolic changes his mind. Again.

He's definitely put us on a roller coaster in his build thread. But I will say, there have been some bargains in the classifieds when he's ready for an equipment change.

post #3087 of 3327 Old 03-22-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVoth View Post

He's definitely put us on a roller coaster in his build thread.

Sort of like when Lucy tells Charlie Brown that she won't move the football when he is going to kick it --- then of course she does biggrin.gif
audiofan1 likes this.

R 8:28

post #3088 of 3327 Old 03-22-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

Sort of like when Lucy tells Charlie Brown that she won't move the football when he is going to kick it --- then of course she does biggrin.gif

I really believe without Brolic, the WYSC section of AVS FORUM will be rather boring. He's like a one man soup opera (AS THE BROLIC TURNS or THE YOUNG AND THE BROLIC). You have to continuously come back and tune in to see what's next.
I'm placing bets. When this current theater build is done by PMI, within 6 to 12 months he will announce: "I'm shaking things up again guys, stay tuned".. He will rip everything out and go strictly surround headphones with the Smyth Realiser.
http://www.smyth-research.com/products.html
post #3089 of 3327 Old 03-22-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:

I really believe without Brolic, the WYSC section of AVS FORUM will be rather boring. He's like a one man soup opera (AS THE BROLIC TURNS or THE YOUNG AND THE BROLIC). You have to continuously come back and tune in to see what's next.
I'm placing bets. When this current theater build is done by PMI, within 6 to 12 months he will announce: "I'm shaking things up again guys, stay tuned".. He will rip everything out and go strictly surround headphones with the Smyth Realiser.]

Not only is he like a one man soap opera (but way more fun to watch), he is doing more than his part to keep the high end audio and home theater segments of our hobby active and alive with his "churning".

More amazing than his active component swapping is that he married a woman who supports him in his addiction hobby. Heck of a deal!!

R 8:28

post #3090 of 3327 Old 03-22-2014, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I second that!!
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Emotiva Xpr 1 , Marantz Av8801 , Jvc Dla Rs66 , Cambridge Audio Azur Dacmagic 100 Silver , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Panamax M5300 Pm 11 Outlet Clean Power Level 4 Black
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page