post #3301 of 3327 Old 07-25-2014, 01:44 AM
CIH USER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
I think your HAA guy who redid the calibration of your room should be able to program the QSC. The Marantz is definitely no slouch though and is at the front of my "decision" pack, I along with the Datasat (which I go with pretty much depends on what I can afford after CEDIA--no amount is guaranteed until then. There's an AVS user: @Peter M - I don't know if he's in your area, but he had a number of Procella (Xilica) processors calibrated for his theater. He might be able to point you in the direction of a capable calibrator down under.
I've sent an email today to get his input regarding the QSC CORE 250 and if it will be ideal for my room. So hopefully get a response soon.
At this present moment the Marantz is on top of my list as well but who knows what else is coming out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3302 of 3327 Old 07-25-2014, 01:49 AM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
Thanks for the mention ... I didn't know the forum had this feature ... is it new ? I received an email alerting me.

LOL on the "if he's in your area" ... Franin and I are about LA - NY apart ! Quite happy to point him to my calibrator, but I'm sure he has capabale guys a bit closer ! And of course he has an open invitation to a demo if he's ever on this side of the "island" !

Cheers,
Thanks Peter
post #3303 of 3327 Old 07-28-2014, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I see you have the xpr monos from EMO? How do they compare with there xpa line? Do you have them each on there own dedicated 20amp circut? Can you have it on a 20amp circut with other stuff on it? Ik it prob isnt recommened but what would it do?
post #3304 of 3327 Old 08-01-2014, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
I've sent an email today to get his input regarding the QSC CORE 250 and if it will be ideal for my room. So hopefully get a response soon.
At this present moment the Marantz is on top of my list as well but who knows what else is coming out.
Hey, any response from your guy? I look forward to seeing your room updates. Since this is a change to the room, I'd strongly suggest starting an "Atmos upgrade thread" here. My build thread is here, and the advice I've received there can't be bought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie2075 View Post
I see you have the xpr monos from EMO? How do they compare with there xpa line? Do you have them each on there own dedicated 20amp circut? Can you have it on a 20amp circut with other stuff on it? Ik it prob isnt recommened but what would it do?
I just spend ten minutes typing a comprehensive answer to this question, and my stupid fingers hit some key combo that brought up HTML and wiped out everything on the screen. But, the essence is this: Running anything else on the 20 amp circuit is NOT recommended. The amp will probably max out at 15 amps during peaks, which leaves only 5 amps extra for another item. That can lead to a lotttt of breaker trips.

The Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| The System:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #3305 of 3327 Old 08-01-2014, 06:37 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Hey, any response from your guy? I look forward to seeing your room updates. Since this is a change to the room, I'd strongly suggest starting an "Atmos upgrade thread" here. My build thread is here, and the advice I've received there can't be bought!

Hey BB. His answer for my room it's not worth it, lol. My room is too small the best I can do is add 4 ceiling speakers to enjoy atmos. Honestly I'm getting these acoustic panels built ( still waiting ) and not even worth a build thread. Just to give you an idea I cannot even put speakers behind my screen and if I did the room would be terrible and more than likely will be square which I would want to avoid. The room size is only ( get ready this in metric ) 3.8m wide x 5.03m in length and 2.6m high. It's sealed which is great but I cannot simply add anymore channels.
All I have done is changed my speakers, I'm mainly 100% HT they sit on the wall and it's awesome. Light off and the screen comes alive.
I was even told that the 7702 is enough for my room as the 8802 has the wides which I cannot implement.
Anyway I will be following your build thread see how's it all going and once mine is completed I will show you pics ( if ever it gets completed [emoji2])

Frank

post #3306 of 3327 Old 08-13-2014, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 60
Quote:
I just spend ten minutes typing a comprehensive answer to this question, and my stupid fingers hit some key combo that brought up HTML and wiped out everything on the screen. But, the essence is this: Running anything else on the 20 amp circuit is NOT recommended. The amp will probably max out at 15 amps during peaks, which leaves only 5 amps extra for another item. That can lead to a lotttt of breaker trips.
The Emotivas pull that much juice? Wow. I hope there's a power conditioner with a big current reserve in there somewhere to help.

post #3307 of 3327 Old 08-18-2014, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
The Emotivas pull that much juice? Wow. I hope there's a power conditioner with a big current reserve in there somewhere to help.
Yup, pulls crazy juice at peaks!
post #3308 of 3327 Old 08-18-2014, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Brolic is cedia bound!!!!
post #3309 of 3327 Old 08-18-2014, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Brolic is cedia bound!!!!
Have fun. Been to CES a few times but never Cedia.

It ain't easy being green.

post #3310 of 3327 Old 08-18-2014, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post
Have fun. Been to CES a few times but never Cedia.
Nice! I remember that discussion a couple of years ago on this thread....You did there is a lotttt of walking to be done at trade shows, and I shared, as an introvert, my dislike for crowds. I still hate crowds, but this CEDIA will be such a historic one (4k coming into its own, plus Atmos and advances in Auro) that I can't miss it!
post #3311 of 3327 Old 08-18-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Nice! I remember that discussion a couple of years ago on this thread....You did there is a lotttt of walking to be done at trade shows, and I shared, as an introvert, my dislike for crowds. I still hate crowds, but this CEDIA will be such a historic one (4k coming into its own, plus Atmos and advances in Auro) that I can't miss it!
You will be fine. I only dislike crowds because of my balance. I also only go to Vegas with a friend of mine and we wander the show for a few hours then hang out in Vegas or take a road trip somewhere. If it is anything like CES, the people are very friendly and not bothersome at all. Plus, they are very good about sharing info on their gear. I have had a few nice conversations with the reps and even the guy who owns the company on more than one occasion. Don't sweat it. It will be great.
BrolicBeast likes this.

post #3312 of 3327 Old 08-20-2014, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

My world has just been turned upside down!!!

http://legacyaudio.com/products/view/silhouette/

If only there was a way to test the output to see if those silky smooth AMT's could match the Triad Gold LCR's output for surround duty. It might inspire me to take another look at the Legacy Theater Towers.

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|

Last edited by BrolicBeast; 08-20-2014 at 09:40 AM.
post #3313 of 3327 Old 08-20-2014, 09:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 827
Matt, don't be afraid.

That is my advice. There is nothing to be scared about.

Wait till you see my subwoofer project I am working on, you'll poop your pants.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #3314 of 3327 Old 08-20-2014, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My world has just been turned upside down!!!

http://legacyaudio.com/products/view/silhouette/

If only there was a way to test the output to see if those silky smooth AMT's could match the Triad Gold LCR's output for surround duty. It might inspire me to take another look at the Legacy Theater Towers.
I am doing this for you own good Stop It. What you are in the process of building is one of the biggest undertakings I have ever seen. When it's complete it will be Reference+++++++++. There are always other options but that doesn't mean the option you have now is bad. And I saw those Legacy speakers weeks ago. The Triads are going to be fantastic. You just have to believe it. Don't get sucked into analysis paralysis. If I were you, I would not even look at any other speaker websites at all.

post #3315 of 3327 Old 08-20-2014, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
Matt, don't be afraid.

That is my advice. There is nothing to be scared about.

Wait till you see my subwoofer project I am working on, you'll poop your pants.
Naw, not scared--I just don't like crowds. But I'm just going to enjoy the show, and snap a gazillion pictures. Remind me to order some Depends Adult Diapers for when you share your sub project! loll.

Quote:
I am doing this for you own good Stop It. What you are in the process of building is one of the biggest undertakings I have ever seen. When it's complete it will be Reference+++++++++. There are always other options but that doesn't mean the option you have now is bad. And I saw those Legacy speakers weeks ago. The Triads are going to be fantastic. You just have to believe it. Don't get sucked into analysis paralysis. If I were you, I would not even look at any other speaker websites at all.
HAHAHAHAAH Man, I think not having a system for 10 months is driving me crazy right now man. That's probably all it is....thanks for the large font--it has helped me see the error of my ways! lol
jlpowell84 likes this.

The Build:
| The System:
| The Video Series:

Social:
|
|
|
|
post #3316 of 3327 Old 08-20-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 827
I don't like crowds either. I am an introvert very much, strongly even. But I work in sales and started when I was young and have done it a long time so I've learned to "fake" the social part of things. Problem is it takes effort sometimes, and I just get tired. I like to stay home, and talk to no one. haha. Ok.. lmao,.. perhaps not that bad but I think we are alike.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #3317 of 3327 Old 08-20-2014, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

I was without my system for periods of time when I did not have my TV and when I did not have my Integra so I know how much it sucks not having it. But the pay off is going to be sweet. Just think of me as your voice of reason .
BrolicBeast likes this.

post #3318 of 3327 Old 08-20-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
I don't like crowds either. I am an introvert very much, strongly even. But I work in sales and started when I was young and have done it a long time so I've learned to "fake" the social part of things. Problem is it takes effort sometimes, and I just get tired. I like to stay home, and talk to no one. haha. Ok.. lmao,.. perhaps not that bad but I think we are alike.
I think my disliking of crowds is a bit different. I don't have much of an issue talking to people. My issue is more of a physical nature. I have bad balance and because of what happened to me(illness wise). I get "amped" up sometimes. I don't like crowds because more times then not they don't pay attention and even a little nudge or sound can put me on my ass. I just can't count on people paying attention to their surroundings that's all. But it doesn't keep me from doing stuff. I just try and extra careful that's all.

post #3319 of 3327 Old 08-21-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I was without my system for periods of time when I did not have my TV and when I did not have my Integra so I know how much it sucks not having it. But the pay off is going to be sweet. Just think of me as your voice of reason .
In times past I was without my system or some part of it and didn't particularly miss it. The adjustment was natural, and I was fine. Perspective, and how much importance I attach to things, ultimately.

However, exposing myself to the forums and the research that can lead to is where the trouble lies. Curiosity is powerful. Right now, if my inner "geekmons" were let loose, I'd be charged over replacing my interconnects, my tuner, and perhaps my power cords, turntable and speakers (the results of this year's VE shootout have assured me I won't replace my TV soon); whether I can actually swing any of this is another story. What I have is good, and it should be appreciated. BB's theater is going to be really great when finished. The process is a minefield if one isn't careful, as there are many options for many things.

Back to Legacy, eh? Hmmm.

post #3320 of 3327 Old 08-21-2014, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
In times past I was without my system or some part of it and didn't particularly miss it. The adjustment was natural, and I was fine. Perspective, and how much importance I attach to things, ultimately.
After awhile, I did get used to it. I did not like it but when I expected not to have it, it got a little better. It became my normal routine not to have it. I think part of it was that this last time when it happened, I just got my server and I was excited to put stuff on and then bam, I had to stop. But I get your point as well.

post #3321 of 3327 Old 08-21-2014, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
After awhile, I did get used to it. I did not like it but when I expected not to have it, it got a little better. It became my normal routine not to have it. I think part of it was that this last time when it happened, I just got my server and I was excited to put stuff on and then bam, I had to stop. But I get your point as well.
I can relate, believe it or not.

post #3322 of 3327 Old 08-26-2014, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Episode 5 is Live!

Episode 5: Things That Go "Sump" In the Night
post #3323 of 3327 Old 08-26-2014, 04:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Great video Matt. Just a few questions. So when you first walk into the theater, you will basically be walking into the middle of the theater. Then you can turn left or right. Left is the front of the room and to the right is the back of the room. Now are the front row seats going to be right when you walk in? Meaning, just walk straight and sit down? Also, I am assuming you will have a step or two to get to the second row because this is going to be on a riser correct? It looks like from the plans that you can walk up either side of the of the theater. Is this going to be ADA compliant . Will you have a railing for any step(s) you may have? Plus, will you have one railing or two railings for the actual basement steps. This should be a really nice theater. I am interested in seeing your glass entry way and any other little area you deride to put in.

post #3324 of 3327 Old 08-26-2014, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Great video Matt. Just a few questions. So when you first walk into the theater, you will basically be walking into the middle of the theater. Then you can turn left or right. Left is the front of the room and to the right is the back of the room. Now are the front row seats going to be right when you walk in? Meaning, just walk straight and sit down? Also, I am assuming you will have a step or two to get to the second row because this is going to be on a riser correct? It looks like from the plans that you can walk up either side of the of the theater. Is this going to be ADA compliant . Will you have a railing for any step(s) you may have? Plus, will you have one railing or two railings for the actual basement steps. This should be a really nice theater. I am interested in seeing your glass entry way and any other little area you deride to put in.
Hey Mike! Yup--you are correct about the orientation of the entry into the theater. When you Walk In, the front seats will be slightly behind the entry path, but if I remember correctly, the front of the chairs may align with the entry door. The front row consists of three seats, so there will be ample room to maneuver (about four feet on each side). Yup, the second row will definitely be on a riser with two steps to reach it. No railings though, as the steps will wrap around the entire riser. I have a railing on the basement steps right now! Lord knows I couldn't make it upstairs after a long day of basement work without that railing! lol. I can't remember if there's one on the other side, but there's definitley a railing on the at least one side of the stairs. If there's no second railing there currently, I'll probably put one in. Both my mother and mother in law have had serious back injuries resulting in back surgery and have very sensitive backs, and I want them to enjoy the theater when they visit. I'm excited about the glass entry way man--I can't wait to get it in. It'll probably be the last thing that goes in before theater completion!
post #3325 of 3327 Old 08-26-2014, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Sounds good to me. I can't wait to see the riser and the floor and the walls, treatments, etc... All in place. I also can't wait to see all of your speakers in their proper place as well. It does look like the framing is going well. How much more do you have to do before the drywall and GG goes up? I guess the treatments will be a combo of absorption and diffusion. I did not see any placement of treatments in your plans. They will be covered up with some sort of fabric as well. Looking forward to the next stage.

post #3326 of 3327 Old 08-26-2014, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sounds good to me. I can't wait to see the riser and the floor and the walls, treatments, etc... All in place. I also can't wait to see all of your speakers in their proper place as well. It does look like the framing is going well. How much more do you have to do before the drywall and GG goes up? I guess the treatments will be a combo of absorption and diffusion. I did not see any placement of treatments in your plans. They will be covered up with some sort of fabric as well. Looking forward to the next stage.
Oh, the framing is pretty much complete. I just need to order more IB-3 clips so we can finish the front portion of the left wall. I'm getting a complete treatment plan worked up professionally by Acoustic Frontiers' 8" of treatmetns on each side wall, 1' treatments on the rear wall, and a very thick baffle wall behind the screen. Mixture of absorption and diffusion and prescribed locations, for sure!
post #3327 of 3327 Old 08-26-2014, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Oh, the framing is pretty much complete. I just need to order more IB-3 clips so we can finish the front portion of the left wall. I'm getting a complete treatment plan worked up professionally by Acoustic Frontiers' 8" of treatmetns on each side wall, 1' treatments on the rear wall, and a very thick baffle wall behind the screen. Mixture of absorption and diffusion and prescribed locations, for sure!
Nice. I was sure there was a plan. I was just curious what it was. I assume that there will be ceiling treatments as well. That is some thick treatments. I only have 4in(back wall and ceiling) and 2in(front wall) panels plus my Tri traps(front corners) but they did a very good job on their own. Keep up the good work. As I said, it's really neat seeing a build in video form from the very beginning.

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Emotiva Xpr 1 , Marantz Av8801 , Jvc Dla Rs66 , Cambridge Audio Azur Dacmagic 100 Silver , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Panamax M5300 Pm 11 Outlet Clean Power Level 4 Black
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page