post #3301 of 3311 Old 07-25-2014, 01:44 AM
CIH USER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
I think your HAA guy who redid the calibration of your room should be able to program the QSC. The Marantz is definitely no slouch though and is at the front of my "decision" pack, I along with the Datasat (which I go with pretty much depends on what I can afford after CEDIA--no amount is guaranteed until then. There's an AVS user: @Peter M - I don't know if he's in your area, but he had a number of Procella (Xilica) processors calibrated for his theater. He might be able to point you in the direction of a capable calibrator down under.
I've sent an email today to get his input regarding the QSC CORE 250 and if it will be ideal for my room. So hopefully get a response soon.
At this present moment the Marantz is on top of my list as well but who knows what else is coming out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3302 of 3311 Old 07-25-2014, 01:49 AM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
Thanks for the mention ... I didn't know the forum had this feature ... is it new ? I received an email alerting me.

LOL on the "if he's in your area" ... Franin and I are about LA - NY apart ! Quite happy to point him to my calibrator, but I'm sure he has capabale guys a bit closer ! And of course he has an open invitation to a demo if he's ever on this side of the "island" !

Cheers,
Thanks Peter
post #3303 of 3311 Old 07-28-2014, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I see you have the xpr monos from EMO? How do they compare with there xpa line? Do you have them each on there own dedicated 20amp circut? Can you have it on a 20amp circut with other stuff on it? Ik it prob isnt recommened but what would it do?
post #3304 of 3311 Old 08-01-2014, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
I've sent an email today to get his input regarding the QSC CORE 250 and if it will be ideal for my room. So hopefully get a response soon.
At this present moment the Marantz is on top of my list as well but who knows what else is coming out.
Hey, any response from your guy? I look forward to seeing your room updates. Since this is a change to the room, I'd strongly suggest starting an "Atmos upgrade thread" here. My build thread is here, and the advice I've received there can't be bought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie2075 View Post
I see you have the xpr monos from EMO? How do they compare with there xpa line? Do you have them each on there own dedicated 20amp circut? Can you have it on a 20amp circut with other stuff on it? Ik it prob isnt recommened but what would it do?
I just spend ten minutes typing a comprehensive answer to this question, and my stupid fingers hit some key combo that brought up HTML and wiped out everything on the screen. But, the essence is this: Running anything else on the 20 amp circuit is NOT recommended. The amp will probably max out at 15 amps during peaks, which leaves only 5 amps extra for another item. That can lead to a lotttt of breaker trips.
post #3305 of 3311 Old 08-01-2014, 06:37 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Hey, any response from your guy? I look forward to seeing your room updates. Since this is a change to the room, I'd strongly suggest starting an "Atmos upgrade thread" here. My build thread is here, and the advice I've received there can't be bought!

Hey BB. His answer for my room it's not worth it, lol. My room is too small the best I can do is add 4 ceiling speakers to enjoy atmos. Honestly I'm getting these acoustic panels built ( still waiting ) and not even worth a build thread. Just to give you an idea I cannot even put speakers behind my screen and if I did the room would be terrible and more than likely will be square which I would want to avoid. The room size is only ( get ready this in metric ) 3.8m wide x 5.03m in length and 2.6m high. It's sealed which is great but I cannot simply add anymore channels.
All I have done is changed my speakers, I'm mainly 100% HT they sit on the wall and it's awesome. Light off and the screen comes alive.
I was even told that the 7702 is enough for my room as the 8802 has the wides which I cannot implement.
Anyway I will be following your build thread see how's it all going and once mine is completed I will show you pics ( if ever it gets completed [emoji2])

Frank

post #3306 of 3311 Old 08-13-2014, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
I just spend ten minutes typing a comprehensive answer to this question, and my stupid fingers hit some key combo that brought up HTML and wiped out everything on the screen. But, the essence is this: Running anything else on the 20 amp circuit is NOT recommended. The amp will probably max out at 15 amps during peaks, which leaves only 5 amps extra for another item. That can lead to a lotttt of breaker trips.
The Emotivas pull that much juice? Wow. I hope there's a power conditioner with a big current reserve in there somewhere to help.
post #3307 of 3311 Old 08-18-2014, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
The Emotivas pull that much juice? Wow. I hope there's a power conditioner with a big current reserve in there somewhere to help.
Yup, pulls crazy juice at peaks!
post #3308 of 3311 Old 08-18-2014, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Brolic is cedia bound!!!!
post #3309 of 3311 Old 08-18-2014, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Brolic is cedia bound!!!!
Have fun. Been to CES a few times but never Cedia.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
post #3310 of 3311 Old 08-18-2014, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post
Have fun. Been to CES a few times but never Cedia.
Nice! I remember that discussion a couple of years ago on this thread....You did there is a lotttt of walking to be done at trade shows, and I shared, as an introvert, my dislike for crowds. I still hate crowds, but this CEDIA will be such a historic one (4k coming into its own, plus Atmos and advances in Auro) that I can't miss it!
post #3311 of 3311 Old 08-18-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Nice! I remember that discussion a couple of years ago on this thread....You did there is a lotttt of walking to be done at trade shows, and I shared, as an introvert, my dislike for crowds. I still hate crowds, but this CEDIA will be such a historic one (4k coming into its own, plus Atmos and advances in Auro) that I can't miss it!
You will be fine. I only dislike crowds because of my balance. I also only go to Vegas with a friend of mine and we wander the show for a few hours then hang out in Vegas or take a road trip somewhere. If it is anything like CES, the people are very friendly and not bothersome at all. Plus, they are very good about sharing info on their gear. I have had a few nice conversations with the reps and even the guy who owns the company on more than one occasion. Don't sweat it. It will be great.
BrolicBeast likes this.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Emotiva Xpr 1 , Marantz Av8801 , Jvc Dla Rs66 , Cambridge Audio Azur Dacmagic 100 Silver , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Panamax M5300 Pm 11 Outlet Clean Power Level 4 Black
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page