Originally Posted by BrolicBeast
Thanks for the kind words Jeff!
Ah, the cliff notes version.....even could take a while! lol--I'll try to sum it up though:
- First System - Zenith plasma with Infinity Primus 360BK & 160BK surrounds w/PS12 Subwoofer
- Next System - Panasonic Plasma with klipsch RF-82's, RC-62 center, and RVX-54 surrounds, with SVS PB-13 Ultra subwoofer
- Next Iteration: all of the above, changed orientation of the room 90 degrees and added an Elite Cinetension2 motorized screen and Mitsubishi HC7000 projector (razor sharp!)
- Next Iteration: Replaced SVS PB-13 Ultra subwoofer with two Seaton Sound Submersive F2 subwoofers in rosenut finish
- Next Iteration: Replaced Mitsubishi HC7000 projector with JVC RS45
- Next Iteration: Upgraded to JVC-RS56
- Next Iteration: Sold Elite Cinetension2 Screen and purchased Steward ST130 screen (10' wide)
- Next Iteration: Sold Seaton Submersive F2's
- Next Iteration: Purchased Legacy Focus SE in Black Pearl finish
- Next Iteration: Purchased Emotiva XPR-1 monoblock amplifiers, and realized that I didn't need to rush to get subwoofers just yet
- Next Iteration: Sold Legacy Focus SE's in order to fund Legacy Aeris speakers
- Next Iteration: While saving to afford the Legacy Aeris, an opportunity came along to purchase Triad LCR Platinums and I siezed the opportunity
- Next Iteration: With the low end prowess now gone, purchased two Seaton Submersives
- Next Iteration: Purchased Sony VPL-VW600ES 4k Projector
- Next Iteration: Leapt into high end pre/pro with a Theta Casablanca 3HD (I wrote a review for it on AVS)
- Major Milestone: Wife and I got married, built a house, and left the old theater behind
- Next Iteration: Began building soundproofed room
- Next Iteration: Sold Triad Platinum LCR and puirchased Triad CinemaPlus Platinum LCR, which offer more output and a baffle-wall centric design
- Next Iteration: Still Building Room
- Next Iteration: STILL building room
- Next Iteration: room gets drywalled
- Sold the Theta and Submersives
AND HERE WE ARE!!!!!
Inbetween the above items, i purchased and sold countless items like pre.pros, power conditioners, DACs, etc. But those are the major purchases! I hope this helps clarify some things
But I must clarify on the term "Home Theater God"-----there is but one God, and He is in heaven enjoying music from the angels in ways that we cannot fathom...that is, until we join Him
Thanks!! That makes the story clearer, maybe a bit crazy but it makes sense. I must agree and disagree with you. I agree my God terminology was quite loose and there is only one Almighty. I disagree the He is listening to music in heaven with the angles. He is skipping time with the angles and heading straight to your little slice of heaven!!
Your list begs for several comments, first of which is that you have your own angle....your new wife. She's understanding and willing beyond comprehension. If you are ever passing through Wisconsin, please stop by. My lovely bride could use some coaching from your wife.
I had not read enough to realize the Focus were already sold enroute to Aerius. How exactly did the Triad come into the picture? Your earlier posts had me asking questions about Legacy, and considering they are only a couple hundred miles away, I may even be able to hear them. How do you have such connections to audition, buy and sell so much great stuff? I'm just trying to learn the secret
I have been planning a theater for 20 years. It's just been the last couple that my wallet has caught up to my dreams.
I have been pining for M&K speakers for 20 yrs. I heard them at a stereo store and it was a life changing memory. No money kept me in check, but never made me stop studying and dreaming.
I have been through several theater in a box scenarios. I have also upgraded my tv through the years. Now I'm to the point that I can grow with truly better equipment. I need growth lessons from you
. Wait, my wife needs those lessons first.
Seriously, I'm 90% theater and 10% music. I am trying to dial is a shopping list. I'm frustrated by how difficult it is these days to audition (or even hear) higher quality equipment. I am to the point of just buying something and hoping that it is close to the reviews. Since you have high equipment turn over, where do you sell things? Just by your connections here?
Gotta run. Sorry.