BrolicBeast's Living Room Theater - Page 113 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #3361 of 3370 Old 03-11-2015, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
Greetings to my WYSC peeps! Here's an updated render of the theater. Comments and suggestions are very, very welcomed!

[IMG][/IMG]

Memorial Day is the deadline! :-)

This has been a long journey, but I'm days away from getting my acoustic treatment plan, and after that, we enter the final stretch!

Yessssss!

It's been awhile since I've poked my head in here! And things are looking very impressive! Congratulations brother, it's great to see this. 1st class top notch operation. Very cool!!

Spinning the rear tire at 150mph while at 3/4 lean angle will put wrinkles in your seat

Set up:
Integra 70.4--Oppo 103--LG50"Plasma--Emotiva: XPA-3, XPA-2 x 2--PolkAudio: RTiA9 x 4--CSiA6--FXiA6 x 4--Epik: Empire x 2--XBOX 360--Furez 10awg homemade cables
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3362 of 3370 Old 03-25-2015, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Brolic, what happened to your focus SE's? Do you still have them? If not what di they fetch?
post #3363 of 3370 Old 03-28-2015, 03:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 74
I like that the screen doesn't have (or appear to have) a severe curve to it.

VPI, Grado, SME, Pioneer Elite, Magnum Dynalab, Oppo, DVDO, McIntosh, Mirage, Kimber, Audioquest, Transparent, MIT, Pangea, Wireworld, Shunyata, PS Audio, Furman, Sanus, Conntek
post #3364 of 3370 Old 06-04-2015, 04:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre58 View Post
Brolic, what happened to your focus SE's? Do you still have them? If not what di they fetch?
But alas, I ended up selling them with the intention of upgrading to the Legacy Aeris. Things worked out a little differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
I like that the screen doesn't have (or appear to have) a severe curve to it.
Yeeah man--it's a very slight curve. Nothing extreme, to be sure! The screen arrived a few weeks ago and it very difficult not having it up!
post #3365 of 3370 Old 06-04-2015, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Oh, how I wish I could hurry up and finish building this theater so I could come back here to talk about the room, instead of talking about building the room on the build thread. That being said, allow me to share some pics of what we've done so far.....
Started with this:

Then, got married and built a house with the wife. The decision to build a new theater was made, and thus the below journey began:

Concrete has been poured! Here's the portion of the house where my theater will reside!!

02.14.2014: It's starting to become real.

Front Screen Wall (18ft across)

Front Screen Wall with Right Wall

Rear Wall of the theater

Another shot of the rear wall

The left wall will be built around the location of the orange pole on the floor

27x10 storage room directly behind the theater (This is going to be soundproofed as well and will be a "command center." It will house the projector as well)

This is the separate listening room in the basement. It will also be soundproofed and will house a two-channel music system.

Then, up went the drywall at the builders insistence (and against my hopes and dreams)

THE DOWN CAME THE DRYWALL, DEMO-NINJA STYLE!

Then, the bathroom (left of screen) and mechanicals (HVAC/Water Heater to right of screen) needed to be moved...

So...I moved 'em

Did some framing...

Then, I had to create a doorway right through my sump pump closet...so I moved my sump pump....

With the sump pump out of the way, it was time to widen the door...so we did it...

Then, insulation...

Ordered 180 sheets of drywall...

Then, Drywall...

Then, we built interior soffit and a riser....

Then, a baffle wall got built for the LCR speakers

To be continued...
femi and wilfredent like this.
post #3366 of 3370 Old 06-04-2015, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Followed this from the beginning. It's great to see something like this that starts with a bare space and eventually ends up as a theater. It really shows the amount of work that is put in. I know for me, if I were to do something like this, I would have to get a company to do it for me from beginning to end. Construction included. You really kept a nice report of your progress step by step. I can't wait to see what the final room looks like.
BrolicBeast likes this.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
post #3367 of 3370 Old 06-04-2015, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post
Followed this from the beginning. It's great to see something like this that starts with a bare space and eventually ends up as a theater. It really shows the amount of work that is put in. I know for me, if I were to do something like this, I would have to get a company to do it for me from beginning to end. Construction included. You really kept a nice report of your progress step by step. I can't wait to see what the final room looks like.
There is a LOT of work! If I was building a room like my previous theater, the work would be done--I'd just have to paint the walls and put the equipment in. But soundproofing the wall was no joke, and now the finishing details are really something else.

If I had the ca$h, I'd definitely pay a company to do this....but I'd be looking at well over $100k in labor and materials. For that amount of money, I could buy a trailer and some land, outfit it with all the gear, and go "drive to the movies" when we want to watch something. lol.

The wall panel design will definitely be...different Thanks for following along
post #3368 of 3370 Old 06-04-2015, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 105
I hear you on the cost thing. But if I wanted a dedicated room from scratch, that's what I would have to do. Now, if in the future I have a pre made room, that I could use, that might soften the blow. But still, I can see how much work you and Big have put in and it's impressive. Keep up the pace . I need to experience this first hand. Assuming I get an invite .

It ain't easy being green.
My System
post #3369 of 3370 Old 06-04-2015, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post
I hear you on the cost thing. But if I wanted a dedicated room from scratch, that's what I would have to do. Now, if in the future I have a pre made room, that I could use, that might soften the blow. But still, I can see how much work you and Big have put in and it's impressive. Keep up the pace . I need to experience this first hand. Assuming I get an invite .
Absolutely! You're there for sure!

The pace is going to be non-stop henceforth! I'm in a marathon to finish this thing before the end of the summer!
post #3370 of 3370 Old 06-04-2015, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Of course, we know the true purpose of that riser. It's the main stage for karaoke night.

VPI, Grado, SME, Pioneer Elite, Magnum Dynalab, Oppo, DVDO, McIntosh, Mirage, Kimber, Audioquest, Transparent, MIT, Pangea, Wireworld, Shunyata, PS Audio, Furman, Sanus, Conntek
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Emotiva Xpr 1 , Marantz Av8801 , Jvc Dla Rs66 , Cambridge Audio Azur Dacmagic 100 Silver , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Panamax M5300 Pm 11 Outlet Clean Power Level 4 Black
Gear in this thread