BrolicBeast's Living Room Theater - Page 114 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 36Likes

post #3391 of 3394 Old 10-10-2017, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1388 Post(s)
Liked: 1442
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
You've been busy. I have too, but not to this scale. What you're doing is epic, indeed!

I am thinking about a Lumagen Radiance 2144, as my Duo is giving me issues; the power button on the remote doesn't work, or the unit won't respond to it (don't know which). The Lumagen would be better than the Duo, but do I really need one is my inner debate. I will want to follow how your Pro stacks up when things are all up and running.
Hey prepress! Everything is up and running :-) I'm just loving the Lumagen Pro. I was actually a part of a large-scale (and successful) group buy. It ended at the end of last month, but interested, PM me. I can put you on the right path, as there was a "straggler" agreement for last minute participants.

Edit: check out these videos:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by BrolicBeast; 10-10-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3392 of 3394 Old 10-10-2017, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

post #3393 of 3394 Old 10-10-2017, 04:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 92
That's scary, how you switched aspect ratios so easily.

I solved my Duo problem; it was the power button on the remote, apparently. I found the remote from my previous Duo, and it works fine. The button didn't feel any different on the newer remote, but maybe I sat on it by accident and did something. The factory reset worked for a few days and then it went back to not responding to the remote's power button; everything else was fine.

Thanks for the offer on the group buy, but I'll let it go for now. Unfortunately, the Radiance is now in my head since I downloaded the 2144's manual and see the high praise here and elsewhere for Lumagens generally. I don't have a 4K TV, but would get the 2144 over the 2124 (1080p) to future-proof against a 4K TV at some point.

VPI, Grado, SME, Pioneer Elite, Magnum Dynalab, Oppo, DVDO, McIntosh, JJ, Mirage, Kimber, Transparent, MIT, Pangea, Wireworld, Shunyata, PS Audio, Furman, Sanus

post #3394 of 3394 Old 10-12-2017, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
That's scary, how you switched aspect ratios so easily.

I solved my Duo problem; it was the power button on the remote, apparently. I found the remote from my previous Duo, and it works fine. The button didn't feel any different on the newer remote, but maybe I sat on it by accident and did something. The factory reset worked for a few days and then it went back to not responding to the remote's power button; everything else was fine.

Thanks for the offer on the group buy, but I'll let it go for now. Unfortunately, the Radiance is now in my head since I downloaded the 2144's manual and see the high praise here and elsewhere for Lumagens generally. I don't have a 4K TV, but would get the 2144 over the 2124 (1080p) to future-proof against a 4K TV at some point.

Cool man! 4k is no longer the future...it’s the present!!! Be sure to plan all video choices (from HDMI cables to disc player) accordingly man! Trust me...the fact that we can get 4k Roku streaming boxes for under $50 tells the tale! The best thing about 4K is not resolution (at least not in my perspective), but is in the quality of and proper execution of High Dynamic Range and Wide Color Gamut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Emotiva Xpr 1 , Marantz Av8801 , Jvc Dla Rs66 , Cambridge Audio Azur Dacmagic 100 Silver , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Panamax M5300 Pm 11 Outlet Clean Power Level 4 Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page