Forum Jump: 

Old 08-10-2012, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Some Progress:

I finally got the shipping notification for my Darbee (with the Lumagen fix!) It's supposed to arrive here on Wed. I hope they're a bit early. I'm going to have to comb through my collection and pull out some flicks that I want to do comparisons on.

I have four WireWorld Chroma 6 HDMI cables on the way, which should be arriving on Wednesday as well. Shout out to prepress for introducing me to online purchase locations and shout out to Aldiallo for posting that pic of his Wireworld Island and Chroma 6 cables. Those are highly attractive cables from a quality manufacturer.

Also, my 2:35 aspect ratio Stewart Studiotek 130 G3 screen (120") went into production today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 06:26 PM
CIH USER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Some Progress:
I finally got the shipping notification for my Darbee (with the Lumagen fix!) It's supposed to arrive here on Wed. I hope they're a bit early. I'm going to have to comb through my collection and pull out some flicks that I want to do comparisons on.
I have four WireWorld Chroma 6 HDMI cables on the way, which should be arriving on Wednesday as well. Shout out to prepress for introducing me to online purchase locations and shout out to Aldiallo for posting that pic of his Wireworld Island and Chroma 6 cables. Those are highly attractive cables from a quality manufacturer.
Also, my 2:35 aspect ratio Stewart Studiotek 130 G3 screen (120") went into production today!

That's good to hear Matt. I need a smaller cable between my duo and darbee I might look into wireworld, hopefully they ship international.

You will be very impressed with the Stewart screen .

Frank
Old 08-10-2012, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

That's good to hear Matt. I need a smaller cable between my duo and darbee I might look into wireworld, hopefully they ship international.
You will be very impressed with the Stewart screen .

You're in luck, Frank! Al lives in France, so they definitely have international operations!

Hey, was it a hassle to mount your Stewart Studiotek?
Old 08-10-2012, 07:01 PM
CIH USER

Quote:

You're in luck, Frank! Al lives in France, so they definitely have international operations!

I have to admit i got mine professionally installed. When it comes to drills and building stuff imagine Homer Simpson spice rack.

Frank
Old 08-11-2012, 04:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:

Yup, that Darbee looks like its a game changer. Have you thought about picking one up for your Kuro?

Not really, as I've been focused on preamps and reconfiguring my living room (I should reverse that order). I haven't found my picture to be lacking, really, but I'm intrigued by the positive reports I'm seeing on the Darbee. I've never even explored the options on my Duo for picture tweaking. But then, I'm not a full-fledged hobbyist, as I see this stuff as an interest, not a hobby, so I should be excused smile.gif.

I will be watching what happens when you get your Darbee and what it does for your setup, and I may go back and check the 9G Elite Kuro thread (since I own one) and look at what happens there. Who knows?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

Some Progress:

Congrats Matt, I'm impress with my Darblet. It's hooked up to my full backlite array 70" Sharp display and I can detect the difference standing in my Kitchen. smile.gif

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System
Old 08-11-2012, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 80
My wife would probably prefer I don't follow your thread after all the toys I told her about tonight..eek.gif

Sent you another PM regarding a few things..
Old 08-12-2012, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have to admit i got mine professionally installed. When it comes to drills and building stuff imagine Homer Simpson spice rack.

Man, I thought about doing just that! It was a test of patience when I was installing my previous motorized screen. There are bricks behind the Drywall in my theater, and getting those concrete anchors with the screws inside was way too much work. I'm not looking forward to doing that again for this screen. Did your dealer install it? or did you hire a separate HT installation firm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

Not really, as I've been focused on preamps and reconfiguring my living room (I should reverse that order). I haven't found my picture to be lacking, really, but I'm intrigued by the positive reports I'm seeing on the Darbee. I've never even explored the options on my Duo for picture tweaking. But then, I'm not a full-fledged hobbyist, as I see this stuff as an interest, not a hobby, so I should be excused smile.gif.
I will be watching what happens when you get your Darbee and what it does for your setup, and I may go back and check the 9G Elite Kuro thread (since I own one) and look at what happens there. Who knows?

Yeah, Kuro owners seem very happy with the Darblet. Not a full-fledged hobbyist? lol! Once you own a Duo, you cross the line from interested to Hobbyist!! lol, not to mention, your current setup costs as much as a small car! (With that McIntosh gear and the Kuro being the main culprits!) biggrin.gif lol, but in all seriousness, I think I understand where you're coming from. You probably want to maximize the use of the Duo's capabilities before adding another video processing device to the chain. Like pouring a new cup of juice, when you haven't yet finished drinking your existing cup of juice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post

Congrats Matt, I'm impress with my Darblet. It's hooked up to my full backlite array 70" Sharp display and I can detect the difference standing in my Kitchen. smile.gif

Nice!!!! Darblet + Gargantuan LCD = Happy HTB. What setting have you found to work best for you? A lot of folks seem to be settling on the range between 45% and 55%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post

My wife would probably prefer I don't follow your thread after all the toys I told her about tonight..eek.gif
Sent you another PM regarding a few things..

lolololol.....maybe if you promised her a few Coach Bags down the road? Bribing isn't illegal if it's in the home biggrin.gif:D:D
Old 08-12-2012, 10:27 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Man, I thought about doing just that! It was a test of patience when I was installing my previous motorized screen. There are bricks behind the Drywall in my theater, and getting those concrete anchors with the screws inside was way too much work. I'm not looking forward to doing that again for this screen. Did your dealer install it? or did you hire a separate HT installation firm?

Ended up hiring a seperate HT installation firm. The self employed owner ended up being a good friend and he did the rest of the room. When it comes to tools and perfection this guy is like mcgyuver.

Frank
Old 08-12-2012, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, Kuro owners seem very happy with the Darblet. Not a full-fledged hobbyist? lol! Once you own a Duo, you cross the line from interested to Hobbyist!! lol, not to mention, your current setup costs as much as a small car! (With that McIntosh gear and the Kuro being the main culprits!) biggrin.gif lol, but in all seriousness, I think I understand where you're coming from. You probably want to maximize the use of the Duo's capabilities before adding another video processing device to the chain. Like pouring a new cup of juice, when you haven't yet finished drinking your existing cup of juice.

Nah, I needed a hub for my sources, and the Duo (and the EDGE before it) filled the bill best. smile.gif I also needed the processing for my low-rez sources. That's my hobbyist AND non-hobbyist sides coming together.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

I got my cables from this place and they definetly do international shipping.

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/
Old 08-14-2012, 07:39 AM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldiallo View Post

I got my cables from this place and they definetly do international shipping.y
http://www.futureshop.co.uk/

Thank you al smile.gif

Frank
Old 08-14-2012, 08:39 AM

you're welcome wink.gif
Old 08-14-2012, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

In case anybody is interested in purchasing the projector I was using until I got the RS45 earlier this year...click anywhere in this post to access.

Selling off gear that I replaced recently in an effort to aid me in my Seaton Adventure.

Also, the Darbee Darblet arrives tomorrow!!! But my screen doesn't arrive for another 2.5 weeks. What's a guy to do? Do some media room Darbee testing!! cool.gif
Old 08-15-2012, 08:41 AM

Hi Brolic,

So your cables got home yet?
Old 08-15-2012, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi Brolic,
So your cables got home yet?

Hey Al, I haven't received delivery notification yet, but i'm hoping they are there when I get home! I can't wait to get them integrated. I also need to pick up my Darbee Darblet which is now waiting for me at the FedEx office! No way I'm risking a door post delivery on that one.

Strangely, the four Chroma 6 HDMI Cables from WireWorld cost more than the Darbee did. lol.....I guess that's another testament to what a deal that little translucent box really is. it's like a pencil sharpener, but for images! (and without the shavings) biggrin.gif
Old 08-15-2012, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Enter: The Darbee Darblet!.........Nobody told me it was so....small

pcweber111 likes this.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Old 08-16-2012, 05:46 AM
CIH USER

Congrats on the Darbee Darblet Matt. Yeah its a small device luckliy it can be easily hidden away. Does a great job too.

Frank
Old 08-16-2012, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Ah the joys of new toys. Gotta love it.

Yes indeed! It's amazing what one tiny addition can do! I just want my screen to hurry and come so I can hang it! Of course, there shall be a YouTube video comparing it's effects on the JVC Projector, the 50" Panasonic Plasma TV in my office upstairs, and the 52" Sharp LCD TV in the Media Room. I just need that screen to come!!!

Quote:

Congrats on the Darbee Darblet Matt. Yeah its a small device luckliy it can be easily hidden away. Does a great job too.

Thanks Frank. YEah, I'm finding that it lives up to the hype, in my opinion. My go to demo scene in Transformers 3 is the highway chase chapter (Begins in a dark room, ends in daylight--lots of colors and lots of details toward the end of the chapter.). The Darbee really elevated the performance to a new level for that disc, which was already--in my book, a perfect a/v experience. Tonight, I test it out with a few more discs (if I can find time). How are you enjoying yours? Combining the Darbee with either an X70 or, if you hold off, the X(80? anybody?) would be great when combined with eShift.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

WireWorld Chroma 6 cables, at your service:

Into the Oppo BDP-95 we go!

Projector Insertion

Darbee Doubleteam?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:40 PM

Hi Brolic,

So what do you think about those cables?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi Brolic,
So what do you think about those cables?

Greetings Al! The cables are great looking, and they are quite flexible. I love the flat cable design, and the color makes me feel as if I'm turning my theater into a hot-rod 8) I'm going to break them in over a few days and really get them settled into the system. How did your wiring go with the new rack?
Old 08-17-2012, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:

Nice set-up! And exact screen and size (I may go 130") I would like to add to my theater soon. What was the approx cost of the Stewart? (I've always used Carada in the past)

I just added a Darbee to my system too. Very pleased (running it at 45%).
Old 08-17-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:

Greetings Al! The cables are great looking, and they are quite flexible. I love the flat cable design, and the color makes me feel as if I'm turning my theater into a hot-rod 8) I'm going to break them in over a few days and really get them settled into the system. How did your wiring go with the new rack?
Hi Brolic,

To be honest, I've been lazy this week and haven't touch it as the wife has me busy with other tasks in the house. tongue.gif

I'll try to get my things sorted this weekend.rolleyes.gif
Old 08-17-2012, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My Wireworld experience is limited to their power cords, but I have noted improvement in my system's sound. It will be interesting to see what happens with these Chromas. You certainly can't miss the bright yellow jackets.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:

My Wireworld experience is limited to their power cords, but I have noted improvement in my system's sound. It will be interesting to see what happens with these Chromas. You certainly can't miss the bright yellow jackets.
Hi Prepress,

You should definetly give the a try, they're worth it!

Their power cables will be my next investment for sure! cool.gif
Old 08-17-2012, 06:49 PM
CIH USER

Quote:

WireWorld Chroma 6 cables, at your service:
Into the Oppo BDP-95 we go!

Projector Insertion

Darbee Doubleteam?

Watch Predator, the Darbee really does a great job. smile.gif

Frank
Old 08-18-2012, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ballentine View Post

Nice set-up! And exact screen and size (I may go 130") I would like to add to my theater soon. What was the approx cost of the Stewart? (I've always used Carada in the past)
I just added a Darbee to my system too. Very pleased (running it at 45%).

Thanks John! Congrats on the Darbee acquisition! I'm noticing that 45%-55% seems to be the range that most folks settle into. Ah, you may shoot for a 130-incher? There's a screen size I'd love to go with, but alas--mythrow distance won't let me pass the 120" mark though. I'll shoot you a PM with the price of the Studiotek. It's not a expensive as one might think....at least, compared to the projectors, HT Processors, and amps in setups these days.
Quote:

Hi Brolic,
To be honest, I've been lazy this week and haven't touch it as the wife has me busy with other tasks in the house. tongue.gif
I'll try to get my things sorted this weekend.rolleyes.gif

Hey, I know the feeling. Sometimes inserting/removing things from the rack can be tedious--especially when other pressing matters are at hand. When my Darbee came, I actually didn't plan on opening it until my Chroma 6 cables came the next day (wanted to put everything in the system at once), but I happend to go on the Darbee thread, and I just got inspired and hooked it up, just to unhook it the next day and get it hooked up again with the new cables.

Quote:

I'm looking forward to breaking the WireWorlds in and listening for any difference in audio. Yeah, those bumble-bee jackets are attention grabbers, and much brighter than the blue-and-black Emotiva flat HDMI cables that I used (for all of two weeks. lol), but I definitely love their aesthetic.
Quote:

Watch Predator, the Darbee really does a great job. smile.gif

Funny...predator is one of the classics that I've been meaning to pick up for.....well, years! I may have to scoop it up this weekend. The Darbee makes me want to re-watch EVERYTHING! (except for Immortals. One sit-through of that movie was punishment enough)
Old 08-18-2012, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Good afternoon Matt. So are you happy with the Darbeeization of your system?

Hometheatergeek

aka AL
----------
My Current System

Tags
Emotiva Xpr 1 , Marantz Av8801 , Jvc Dla Rs66 , Cambridge Audio Azur Dacmagic 100 Silver , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Panamax M5300 Pm 11 Outlet Clean Power Level 4 Black