post #721 of 3321 Old 09-11-2012, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Had to put the shipping on hold while I was gone, but now that I"m back--I made the call and have received the shipping notification for my 2 (TWO) Rosenut Seaton Submersive F2 HP Subwoofers. They will be arriving here at the house on Wednesday, and I shall be here waiting for them. For anyone curious about the Submersive F2's, click here for some information. I know this may be the eighth or ninth time I've mentioned these subwoofers, but hey....I've had eight or nine things to say about them!
That's great smile.gif. Have fun setting them up. Also good news on the traps. I have a feeling that with the amount of traps you have, and where you are placing them, you will notice a difference. Your placement should work out well. I don't know how high your ceiling is, but I was told by GIK that having panels on the ceiling(over your head) can really make a big impact as well. You might want to think about that as well. But 5 traps you bought should make a noticeable difference in your room. It should be a good time setting up the subs and the treatments. I would wait until both(subs and traps) are in place before you do your room correction again.

It ain't easy being green.
My System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 3321 Old 09-11-2012, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Frank,

what's with the vegeterian cooking??confused.gif

anyway count me in for a visit of Matt's awesome room!

Al's also looking forward to win the loto!! cool.gif
post #723 of 3321 Old 09-11-2012, 06:39 AM
CIH USER

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldiallo View Post

Frank,

Matt offered, I will take it up smile.gif Al I guess we will all meet there.

Frank

post #724 of 3321 Old 09-11-2012, 11:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

But how else will they justify their prices? If a product doesn't have a long/fancy name, how will we know it's good? smile.gif
Seriously, I hope the vacation was enjoyable. You probably needed it.

Sweet!
post #725 of 3321 Old 09-12-2012, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Matt,
PM replied to. Let me know if you got it and if it makes sense.

My System
post #726 of 3321 Old 09-12-2012, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Introducing: Seaton Submersive F2 HP Subwoofers (Rosenut)

I think I'll be writing an essay or two to describe the performance of these beauties! At first, Audyssey had me disappointed, until I started tweaking and fine-tuning. Tomorrow, more room treatments arrive, and I shall be running Audyssey AGAIN. With pleasure :-) biggrin.gif

Unboxing video is in the works. These things are really packaged well!
Burgundy83 likes this.
post #727 of 3321 Old 09-12-2012, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Wooow!!!! Very Nice!!! The choice of finish is one of my favorites

I look forward to your review once you have it all tuned, but I am certain the impact these add are already noticeable from your previous subwoofer.
post #728 of 3321 Old 09-12-2012, 11:07 PM

WOOOOOW eek.gif

are those 15 or 18" drivers on them? they look like killers!! congratulation for those Matt, must be quite impressive., BTW what's your feeling compared to you old and huge SVS? biggrin.gif
post #729 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 02:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

That's great smile.gif. Have fun setting them up. Also good news on the traps. I have a feeling that with the amount of traps you have, and where you are placing them, you will notice a difference. Your placement should work out well. I don't know how high your ceiling is, but I was told by GIK that having panels on the ceiling(over your head) can really make a big impact as well. You might want to think about that as well. But 5 traps you bought should make a noticeable difference in your room. It should be a good time setting up the subs and the treatments. I would wait until both(subs and traps) are in place before you do your room correction again.

Yes, according to my limited experience as well.
post #730 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Frank,

LOL, I'm a vegetarian, so for a very small lotto-inspired fee, I can share my recipies with you guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Matt offered, I will take it up smile.gif Al I guess we will all meet there.

Yes indeed! Remember to park the Ferrari behind the house!
Quote:

Matt,
PM replied to. Let me know if you got it and if it makes sense.

Mike, received and replied to. Definitely makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkingincharge View Post

Wooow!!!! Very Nice!!! The choice of finish is one of my favorites
I look forward to your review once you have it all tuned, but I am certain the impact these add are already noticeable from your previous subwoofer.

Gracias! I had been eyeing that finish for months and almost didn't get the finish due to the added cost, but when I considered the fact that ill have these fir a good decade, it then seemed worthwhile. The are certainly a few steps above my previous sub.
Quote:

WOOOOOW eek.gif
are those 15 or 18" drivers on them? they look like killers!! congratulation for those Matt, must be quite impressive., BTW what's your feeling compared to you old and huge SVS? biggrin.gif

Hey Al! I appreciate the Congrats man....these are 15" drivers! They are certainly superior to the SVS in every way--i don't know how Mark and his team do it, but these subs are great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

Yes, according to my limited experience as well.

Per Mikes advice, I'm going to try ceiling mounting a GIK 242 panel this evening. My ceiling has a very...liberal popcorn finish, so I don't know if that will affect stability, but its worth a shot for sure.
post #731 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hey Matt,
Welcome back, looks like you did enjoy the vacation and I can certainly understand why you want to go back!! cool.gif
Anyway now you're back in business and you been quite busy by the looks of it, really looking foward to the unboxing of the subs and the installation of the mouse sound traps! biggrin.gif
From my side I'm looking forward to the end of the month so that I can get the wireworld power cords for my gear, also looking for a second sub and take benefit of the 5509 ability to run 2 subs as the Integra.
I'm holding the projection project for next year, that leaves me some extra time to save some extra money and go for a good projector and screen and also to convince the wife which is clearly not the easiest part!biggrin.gif

Greetings Al, how have you been? Enjoying that very sleek rack in the new place? Ah! Convincing the wife is certainly the hardest part of your future plans! Its worth pursuing though. Which sub models are you looking at to find that 2nd sub??
Quote:

No probs Matt. I let my wife know we have our vegetarain cooking consultant if we win lotto.smile.gif
Franks Lotto To Do
  • Ask Matt to be our Vegetarian Cooking Consultant - tick
  • Go to Cedia
  • Go see Matt and have a listen to his aweome room.

A very cool and very kind to-do list! I'll lop $100k off the veggie-consultation price, because you're cool.
post #732 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 06:25 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Introducing: Seaton Submersive F2 HP Subwoofers (Rosenut)

I think I'll be writing an essay or two to describe the performance of these beauties! At first, Audyssey had me disappointed, until I started tweaking and fine-tuning. Tomorrow, more room treatments arrive, and I shall be running Audyssey AGAIN. With pleasure :-) biggrin.gif
Unboxing video is in the works. These things are really packaged well!

Congratulations Matt. They look very nice Im sure you will be very pleased with them smile.gif
Burgundy83 likes this.

Frank

post #733 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 06:27 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Greetings Al, how have you been? Enjoying that very sleek rack in the new place? Ah! Convincing the wife is certainly the hardest part of your future plans! Its worth pursuing though. Which sub models are you looking at to find that 2nd sub??
A very cool and very kind to-do list! I'll lop $100k off the veggie-consultation price, because you're cool.

Thanks buddy Ill pocket the 100K and go buy something nice for myself. Wife doesnt need to know smile.gif

Frank

post #734 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 06:48 AM

Hey Matt,

I still don't know hwat I'll get but as I'm in an appartement I'm still wondering what's the best way to go, the sub I have is a 10" but I'm looking to upgrade to 2 12" or get myself another 10" just not to declare war to my neighbors!!biggrin.gif but I'm definetly convience that I will be better of 2 12" or 2 15" han with 2 10".
post #735 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Matt, the F2's look simply incredible. I am looking forward to a more detailed review. I can imagine it will be like the one I wrote about 6 years ago when I first got the orginal SubMersive, Looking really good. I am also looking forward to hearing your thoughts once the traps are up. You will need to re-run Audyssey after that as well. But great stuff all arround.

My System
post #736 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

My initial (Day 1) Submersive F2 HP (2400w) impressions:

Appearance & Build Quality

Upon placing the order for the Seaton Submersive F2 HP subwoofers, I had no doubt in my mind that the aesthetics portrayed on the Seaton Forum and on AVS would be even more positively striking in person.  This assertion was correct, as the appearance of these F2 subwoofers in the Rosenut finish is something that must be beheld in-person in order to truly be appreciated.  The design details (i.e. the sloping of the cabinet, leading to the front baffle, and the angular rear construction) is visually pleasing enough to be actual furniture.  The Submersive F2 itself is satisfyingly heavy and can be difficult to position.  I would recommend furniture sliders for those with a penchant for excessive positioning and tweaking. 

Setup

The physical setup of these F2 subwoofers was as simple as it gets.  The unit ships with a fairly long power cable and a single endedàXLR (Balanced)  cable adapter.  I already had two runs of single-ended cable from prior equipment, so these adapters were quite useful.  I connected the existing subwoofer cable to the XLR adapters, and then plugged the adapters’ XLR connection into the appropriate input on the rear of the F2.  I then plugged the power cable into each F2, which required a clockwise turn until a soft snap is heard, at which point, the connection becomes secure.  After that, I connected it to a dedicated 20 Amp circuit (one of two in my room).  Once complete, I set the power switch to the “On” position, and prepared to have my life changed.

Setup of the subwoofer in the equalization realm was a bit more difficult for me.  When I first turned the subwoofer on, my door nearly rattled off its hinges when I queued up my go-to bass scene from around the 1:50:00 mark in the penultimate set-piece battle on the Transformers Blu Ray.  I was so shocked at the output that I had to scramble for the mute button while I proceeded to lower the gain on both Submersives.  Once this was done, I ran Audyssey XT/32 (which required that I set each subwoofer to the 75Hz test tone), Once Audyssey was completed, the sound was extremely subdued (pun intended) and I began to worry that I had just wasted money.  Initially, I thought my corner bass traps (GIK Tri-Traps) were the culprits, so I removed them from the room and re-did the setup, but to no avail.  The sound was still quite muffled and subdued, so I replaced the tri-traps and re-ran Audyssey again.  Then, I began tweaking the volume knob on each subwoofer, and I realized that Audyssey simply set my subwoofer volume too low on the a/v processor.  Auto-EQ is meant to be a starting point for fine-tuning audio, and I wholeheartedly took that philosophy for all it was worth.  I turned the subwoofer up 5 clicks from the lowest setting, and instantly, I had bass such as I had never witnessed before in either room nor Cineplex.  That is when I smiled and I knew that I had purchased something very very special.  Let me state that at no point was either Submersive F2 at fault here, but rather the Audyssey processing utilized.  

Performance

The music and movies I tested out yesterday are too numerous for me to provide detailed narratives for each; however, I will divulge the media that offered the best immediate experience with the Submersive F2 HP subwoofers.  The first is a 96/24 track called Heartbeat from Head Fi’s compilation “Open Your Ears” album.  This track has pulsating bass that goes extremely loud.  When I first played the track, I wondered why the bass wasn’t booming throughout the room as it had when I had my SVS; it was at that point that I realized that what I was listening to actually sounded like a heartbeat—taut and defined, instead of a series of BOOMS that cheaply rattle the ears with no definition.  Make no mistake, too often, people confuse “boom” with “good bass.”  This is not the case at all.  The first time you hear true definition within a bass track, you can never go back to boomy bass.  I believe this extreme definition is resultant of the combination of the GIK tri-traps and the Submersive’s raw bass reproduction prowess.

Next, we have the pod emergence scene from War of the Worlds.  Up until yesterday, I never know what the big fuss was, in regards to this scene.  I’ve seen it mentioned many times on various subwoofer threads; however, never have I been impressed by the scene with my equipment; thus—as human nature insisted—I proceeded to instill the belief within myself that this scene was simply overhyped as it built momentum over the years.

I was wrong.

When I turned on that pod-emergence scene, my perception of the scene began the way it always did in the past.  “Here we go, time to be underwhelmed again.”  Well, when that first crack began running through the street, I kid you not—I began grinning, shouting “oooooh,” and, most importantly, I turned the volume UP to reference (my eyes are still shaking)!  Once that scene was over, I sat there in a daze as the rest of the film continued to play for 4-5 minutes.  Is this what being a Submersive owner is all about?  Why yes, yes it is.

Last but not least, there’s a Demonstration disc from Datasat Digital called Crop Circle.  This Demonstration doesn’t have overwhelming bass, but is has GREAT bass integrated with some of the best audio I’ve ever witnessed.  The Submersive worked seamlessly within this demonstration and had me smiling from ear-to-ear.  I cannot emphasize this enough: The Submersive F2 HPs are not merely for rattling teeth; there can be subtle as well, as it shows in this Datasat Crop Circle demonstration.

Material used to test out the Seaton Submersive F2 HP subwoofers consisted of

Movies:
War of the Worlds
Datasat Digital Crop Circle Demonstration Clip.
Master & Commander: Far Side of the World
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Thor
Toy Story 3

Music
Too much to list.

Games:
Crysis 2
COD: Modern Warfare 3
Uncharted 2 & 3
Dead Space 2

Conclusion

The Seaton Submersive F2 HP subwoofer has opened my ears and I never want to close them.  The bass goes low and remains clean and taut, thus preserving definition at any volume; setup is easy, albeit the equalization of your preamp may require fine-tuning; and last but not least, the Submersive F2 cabinets are absolutely mesmerizing to look at.  Seaton Sound has found a customer for life.

post #737 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:

Next, we have the pod emergence scene from War of the Worlds.  Up until yesterday, I never know what the big fuss was, in regards to this scene.  I’ve seen it mentioned many times on various subwoofer threads; however, never have I been impressed by the scene with my equipment; thus—as human nature insisted—I proceeded to instill the belief within myself that this scene was simply overhyped as it built momentum over the years.

I was wrong.

When I turned on that pod-emergence scene, my perception of the scene began the way it always did in the past.  “Here we go, time to be underwhelmed again.”  Well, when that first crack began running through the street, I kid you not—I began grinning, shouting “oooooh,” and, most importantly, I turned the volume UP to reference (my eyes are still shaking)!  Once that scene was over, I sat there in a daze as the rest of the film continued to play for 4-5 minutes.  Is this what being a Submersive owner is all about?  Why yes, yes it is.

Great play-by-play BrolicBeast. Thank you for the reporting and feedback. Welcome to our world of a serious and more extreme home theater experience. cool.gif

After you add the Catalysts I might have to make a stop by to check what all the fuss is about when I'm in the area visiting family.

Enjoy!
wilfredent likes this.

Mark Seaton
Seaton Sound, Inc.
"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." Daniel H. Burnham
post #738 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I think all I need to say is biggrin.gif. Yep, that about does it. Glad that went above what you thought it would be. Hopefully the added traps also helped out. No go watch some more movies. I will add that what you felt is what I felt after I had the orignal submersive installed. I had a good sub but I had no idea what I was missing. Again, I am glad that it all worked out for the best. When you get the Cats, you may not want to leave your house tongue.gif.

My System
post #739 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 03:29 PM

Brolic I noticed that you have your F2's off to each side of your front soundstage which look great in my opinion for aesthetics and you already indicate they sound great. Did you plan this or do you see yourself moving them around to achieve better response if possible while incorporating your other bass traps. I read so much about moving dual setups around in these odd positions and I myself am getting ready double up on my subs in the next couple of weeks and locations are limited but ideally I liked them in front.
post #740 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post

Great play-by-play BrolicBeast. Thank you for the reporting and feedback. Welcome to our world of a serious and more extreme home theater experience. cool.gif
After you add the Catalysts I might have to make a stop by to check what all the fuss is about when I'm in the area visiting family.
Enjoy!

Greetings Mark! Thank you for the welcome into this brave new world and thank you for putting up with my eight million potential configuration requests as I decided what exactly I wanted to pursue, in the context of a complete system. I can't say enough about the aesthetic AND aural quality of these Submersive F2 HP subwoofers. After the Cats are setup, you're more than welcome to swing by. My entire neighborhood may soon be protesting the bass with signs, chants, and a viral video campaign or two, but the Submersive bass shields me from such malarkey biggrin.gif I am currently enjoying them as I type this with a special bass-centric Sonos playlist that I put together just for these subs.
post #741 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Congratulations Matt. They look very nice Im sure you will be very pleased with them smile.gif

Thanks Frank...man, I am still in half a state of shock that I own these subs that I've been dreaming about since around June.
Quote:

Hey Matt,
I still don't know hwat I'll get but as I'm in an appartement I'm still wondering what's the best way to go, the sub I have is a 10" but I'm looking to upgrade to 2 12" or get myself another 10" just not to declare war to my neighbors!!biggrin.gif but I'm definetly convience that I will be better of 2 12" or 2 15" han with 2 10".
Ahhh, man--I remember being in an apartment some years ago--when I would flex my theater (a HTIB back then), the downstairs neighbor would hit her ceiling with a broomstick. You may be safer adding a 10-incher man!
Quote:

I think all I need to say is biggrin.gif. Yep, that about does it. Glad that went above what you thought it would be. Hopefully the added traps also helped out. No go watch some more movies. I will add that what you felt is what I felt after I had the orignal submersive installed. I had a good sub but I had no idea what I was missing. Again, I am glad that it all worked out for the best. When you get the Cats, you may not want to leave your house tongue.gif.

Mikeeeeee, the trapsssss areeee awesomeeeee!!! I'm going to do a dedicated post about the traps.....these are life-changing. My ceiling wouldn't play nice with the third 242, so I'll probably just put that in the upstairs media room and put some more up there too. Once the Cats come, you're right.....I won't leave the house for days. I may take 2-3 days off from work, and just.....enjoy movies and music for 18 of the 24 hours in each day!!
Quote:

Brolic I noticed that you have your F2's off to each side of your front soundstage which look great in my opinion for aesthetics and you already indicate they sound great. Did you plan this or do you see yourself moving them around to achieve better response if possible while incorporating your other bass traps. I read so much about moving dual setups around in these odd positions and I myself am getting ready double up on my subs in the next couple of weeks and locations are limited but ideally I liked them in front.

Greetings! I actually planned for them to occupy these positions. Due to the 100% satisfactory imaging I get from the LCR speakers, moving them to make room for adjustments to the Submersives' positions wasn't an option. I too have read about the multiple odd positions used. I find most of the folks do this in pursuit of perfect measurements, although I could be wrong. I put a lot (perhaps too much?) faith in Audyssey to work it's algorithms and get me a great sound with a given setup. I'm sure I'm about to be accused of blasphemy, but I'll take a slight hit (read: inaudible to the naked ear) to performance in exchange for great aesthetics in a theater. I plan on adding two more of these F2's once I get my Cat 12C's for LCR and 4 Cat 8C's for surround and surround back duty in here. It's going to be a LONG journey, but I'm proud to be making this journey with a company as great as Seaton Sound! What model subs are you going to double up on?
post #742 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So..treatments are awesome! In addition to the two GIK Tri-Traps, I've added two 242 Acousitc Absorption Panels and two 244 Bass Traps. The result of the 242, 244, and Tri-Trap treatments is nothing short of revelatory. It takes a bit of getting used to at first--almost as if you're in a vacuum with just the speakers. But once I put on some music, I was shocked at the perfect imaging and clarity!!! The improvement is so difficult to describe, but I can definitely tell you that there IS a marked improvement. I feel as if I bought higher end speakers, and the subwoofers sound sublime with the treatments. I was a skeptic a couple of months ago, but now--I'll never be able to live without acoustic treatments again.

I was going to post a picture, but the black traps just don't show in any of the shots I take since the room is so dark. frown.gif
post #743 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:

Greetings! I actually planned for them to occupy these positions. Due to the 100% satisfactory imaging I get from the LCR speakers, moving them to make room for adjustments to the Submersives' positions wasn't an option. I too have read about the multiple odd positions used. I find most of the folks do this in pursuit of perfect measurements, although I could be wrong. I put a lot (perhaps too much?) faith in Audyssey to work it's algorithms and get me a great sound with a given setup. I'm sure I'm about to be accused of blasphemy, but I'll take a slight hit (read: inaudible to the naked ear) to performance in exchange for great aesthetics in a theater. I plan on adding two more of these F2's once I get my Cat 12C's for LCR and 4 Cat 8C's for surround and surround back duty in here. It's going to be a LONG journey, but I'm proud to be making this journey with a company as great as Seaton Sound! What model subs are you going to double up on?

I understand and agree that aesthetics and performance have tendency to fight one another sometimes. With plans for (2) more F2's and the Cats I predict you may never see another movie in the theaters lol!!!We all do these upgrades to see and hear improvements over time and maybe enlighten few others during the journey.I have a recently purchased Hsu ULS-15 and already have plans in place for a second one because since making the switch to a sealed design I have been blown away by the different sonic quality they offer.
post #744 of 3321 Old 09-13-2012, 09:29 PM
CIH USER

Awesome review Matt. Good to see those subs have reached your expectations smile.gif

You have an awesome system my friend.

Frank

post #745 of 3321 Old 09-14-2012, 04:28 AM
AVS Special Member

OK, You see, even I know what I am talking about some times biggrin.gif. I a really glad the traps worked out for you, I experienced the same thing. It took me a while to get used to the sound. They guy who installed them for me could hear the difference right away just from talking in the room. Plus, I just read where you plan on adding two more F2's along with your other Cat speakers. That will be one strong system when it is complete. Again, glad it all worked out with the SubMersive subs and treatments, Have you re run the EQ yet? Once you get everything setup, it will be hard to go out to the theater again. Have fun and I look forward to any new videos you may post,

My System
post #746 of 3321 Old 09-14-2012, 08:51 AM

Liked: 11
This is amazing! I love your new system and I can't wait to read all of your reviews!!!
post #747 of 3321 Old 09-14-2012, 09:09 AM

BrolicBeast is my man and let me tell you something...I never thought theater's, big TV's and speakers were important. Well, thanks to BrolicBeast, I have my very own mini theater and I have a brand new Panasonic TC-P55GT50 and I love it! With the help of BrolicBeast, I am going to post some photos of my new mini theater! I love it and I am happy! I'm a lady who can't live without a theater and football!

I am Burgundy83 and you guys are awesome smile.gif
wilfredent likes this.
post #748 of 3321 Old 09-14-2012, 09:11 AM

Congratulations BrolicBeast!!!
post #749 of 3321 Old 09-14-2012, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Brolic,

Congrats! They look stunning!cool.gif
Awesome write up too! You should copy and paste the write up and pics in the Submersive thread here on AVS. I’m sure others would be very interested in your thoughts since not too many own an F2 yet.

You may be able to get even better performance out of those bad boys by adjusting the distance settings.
You are probably already aware of this if you spent some time in the SubMersive AVS thread but Mark has previously advised on the importance of Subwoofer distance settings in Receivers and Pre/Pro.
You will need to set your receiver -pre/pro on Dolby PLX Movie mode (not Music).

Craig John explains/illustrates how well it can work here and here. Here's some more details from Mark. There's even more of this info in the SubMersive AVS Thread.

I don’t have XTZ or OmniMic yet but I was able to follow the same procedure with an SPL meter and test tones I downloaded on Real Traps website . Even with my single SubMersive, it slightly increased by a db or 2 or 3 at and below my crossover point (which was needed and helped with the overall sound in my listening position). Mine only required 1.5ft increase after Audyssey settings. Others folks in the SubMersive AVS thread that are running multiple subs have benefited from 2 to 4 ft increase or decrease from what Audyssey originally set the sub distance at.

You plan to add 2 more F2s later? eek.gif How big is this room?

Thx,
Claude
post #750 of 3321 Old 09-14-2012, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I understand and agree that aesthetics and performance have tendency to fight one another sometimes. With plans for (2) more F2's and the Cats I predict you may never see another movie in the theaters lol!!!We all do these upgrades to see and hear improvements over time and maybe enlighten few others during the journey.I have a recently purchased Hsu ULS-15 and already have plans in place for a second one because since making the switch to a sealed design I have been blown away by the different sonic quality they offer.

Ah, the ULS-15's are great performers acronym what I've read, and the price is out of this world. Its funny--5 years ago, I thought my old Infinity ps-12 was the pinnacle of subwoofers.....then I accidentally stumbled onto SVS, and I've been a subwoofer-head since. What are your favorite films/ music for bass demos?
Quote:

Awesome review Matt. Good to see those subs have reached your expectations smile.gif
You have an awesome system my friend.

Thanks Frank! I definitely appreciate such a compliment from an AVS Sensei. *bows*
Quote:

OK, You see, even I know what I am talking about some times biggrin.gif. I a really glad the traps worked out for you, I experienced the same thing. It took me a while to get used to the sound. They guy who installed them for me could hear the difference right away just from talking in the room. Plus, I just read where you plan on adding two more F2's along with your other Cat speakers. That will be one strong system when it is complete. Again, glad it all worked out with the SubMersive subs and treatments, Have you re run the EQ yet? Once you get everything setup, it will be hard to go out to the theater again. Have fun and I look forward to any new videos you may post,

Mike, you are the man!.....I'm going to shoot you a PM with more details, but running audyssey last night with all treatments up was a life-changing experience! I definitely have a video of the F2's on the way this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgundy83 View Post

This is amazing! I love your new system and I can't wait to read all of your reviews!!!

Ladies and Gents, I give you: Lady BrolicBeast biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunga99 View Post

Brolic,
Congrats! They look stunning!cool.gif
Awesome write up too! You should copy and paste the write up and pics in the Submersive thread here on AVS. I’m sure others would be very interested in your thoughts since not too many own an F2 yet.
You may be able to get even better performance out of those bad boys by adjusting the distance settings.
You are probably already aware of this if you spent some time in the SubMersive AVS thread but Mark has previously advised on the importance of Subwoofer distance settings in Receivers and Pre/Pro.
You will need to set your receiver -pre/pro on Dolby PLX Movie mode (not Music).
Craig John explains/illustrates how well it can work here and here. Here's some more details from Mark. There's even more of this info in the SubMersive AVS Thread.
I don’t have XTZ or OmniMic yet but I was able to follow the same procedure with an SPL meter and test tones I downloaded on Real Traps website . Even with my single SubMersive, it slightly increased by a db or 2 or 3 at and below my crossover point (which was needed and helped with the overall sound in my listening position). Mine only required 1.5ft increase after Audyssey settings. Others folks in the SubMersive AVS thread that are running multiple subs have benefited from 2 to 4 ft increase or decrease from what Audyssey originally set the sub distance at.
You plan to add 2 more F2s later? eek.gif How big is this room?
Thx,
Claude

Hey Claude, Thanks for the kind words! I definitely appreciate that advice and the links too. I did read about the distance settings, but completely forgot about them in all the excitement. I'm going to make those changes tonight when I get home.

LOL, the room is 18x14. But I'm buying now so I don't have to buy later. This speaker configuration I'm building will last me 10 years!
Reply What's Your System Configuration

Tags
Emotiva Xpr 1 , Marantz Av8801 , Jvc Dla Rs66 , Cambridge Audio Azur Dacmagic 100 Silver , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Panamax M5300 Pm 11 Outlet Clean Power Level 4 Black
Gear in this thread - Av8801 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page